Do you think there's unironic paid shill and marketers on Sup Forums...

Do you think there's unironic paid shill and marketers on Sup Forums? And I don't mean like "making thread about a recently released game you like shill" i mean "spamming the same OP everyday about a game that's coming out shill."

Other urls found in this thread:

alexa.com/siteinfo/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yep
same with resetera

Yes, there are.
I was one of them.
The pay isn't the best though

Yes.
This has been confirmed multiple times over the years. Most of the time people are screaming shill in a thread they're just being retarded though. The actual shills don't even get called out

has there been undeniable proof of this? I'm curious

there are shills on Sup Forums (like someone, most likely her agent, making the exact same Sofia Lillis thread every night in a desperate attempt to keep her name out there) so yes it'll def happen here too

Of course. It is a common thing, not only on this board but across all gaming communities. Only a shill would deny it.

No, because the idea that publishers would waste resources hiring people to create endless threads about their game in the backwater shithole that is Sup Forums is ridiculous

Who do I contact at Obsidian so I can be like this guy? I want in too

this
Reddit makes sense. Sup Forums doesn't. Why do you think actual employees come here to leak stuff sometimes? It's safe here because nobody cares about this place.

they are all over Sup Forums too

No, there are only huge autists who are unable to comprehend people have different tastes

If you hadn't just discovered Sup Forums this year you'd know that marketers for all sizes of games come around.

of course. this is one of the biggest english language places on the internet to discuss games; why wouldn't they be here?

I'm convinced that's the case with the latest DBZ game. I've not seen previous releases get anywhere near the level of attention the new one is getting, and my only explanation is somebody is getting paid to really hype it up.

yes
alexa.com/siteinfo/Sup Forums.org

Im in the shitter right now but I have pics of several copypasted posts with the same pic in different threada saying something like "you dont like assssins creed because you are a contrarian and newer games are good and blah blah"

i'd say at least 30% of posts are from shilly mc'nillies

this place fucking hates everything and calls every thread a shill thread, why would they come in here and even try? they'd see actual results on reddit, youtube and resetera as well as facebook and fucking 9gag

Yes just look at all the Assassins Creed """leaks""" AC is generally hated around here and most people couldn't give a shit about it.

There was also that one thread a few years ago where someone outright admitted they were an Activision marketer and asked what we wanted to see in CoD, then entire thread proceeded to tell her it needed dinosaurs.

Honestly I thought people were shilling for free until i see the daily Pillar of Eternity countdown thread and Divinity Original Sin 2 shitting thread with EXACTLY the same OP everyday

I do it for free to support the games I like :3

Yes. The Old Republic had a tripfag shill that would actually give out Origin discount codes, and after the game's release he came back to talk about the practices and what the company made him do.

there are literally AIs that shillpost now

Just spend some time here and you'll not only see countless of corporate shills trying to flood their shit onto us, but Hiro's very own armada of Sup Forums shills/bots that try to keep conversations going with copy/paste answers and threads.

That might sound awful but is actually pretty harmless to the shit moot pulled...like testing out a bot that copys an entire conversation structure, deletes all the lame comments and reposts the whole shebang to different boards. It's was quite the out of this world experience to read your own comments in another thread.

AC has always had huge threads on here, since atleast Brotherhood. Lots of them good and civil, lots of them shit and political. But to say most people wouldn't give a shit about? Just the other day there was another thread up with like 400 replies discussing possible settings.

No there's no marketers on Sup Forums, what would give you this idea

I agree, don't be silly OP
Let's go back to discussing videogames instead of trying to figure out who is a bot and who isn't

WTF quick rundown?

o shit

I would shit up Sup Forums and become a shill in a hearbeat for money

it's pretty obvious that this happens all the time

Yes

AAA developers would rather shill on Reddit, as it's a much larger website and it's easier to measure success and suppress dissent through upvotes/downvotes. Indie developers shill here, but they can't afford a full-time shill.

There's a ton of larpers pretending to be shills, though. Remember Andromeda from the TOR threads?

how new are you?