What was his purpose in Dragon Age II?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7AdZTBtzA4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What was the purpose of Dragon Age II
ftfy

>Dragon Age II was the start of the downfall of Bioware
Should have kept to the RPGs, now they just suck at all facets of design

literally my first exposure to gay characters in vidya.
I killed Zevran in DAO when I had first played it so I never knew

Shlick bait for lonely fat girls

1. If you were a Mage Hawke then Aveline would've been your only choice for a Warrior.

2. Good showcase for Tevinter, something that had been relegated to a brief slaver cameo in DA:O.

3. Opportunity to use Gideon Emery's pure sex voice.

>Good showcase for Tevinter
>Both of the companions originating from there are fags with daddy issues

Bioware writers are literally incapable of writing good characters so they have to resort to what they know

>What was his purpose in Dragon Age II?
Nothing
The first time I played that turd I completely missed him and his questline, game flowed normally without his faggotry, only found out about him when I read the wiki

He didn't like Merrill, so he's okay in my book.

Aveline is an infinitely better character and party member though.

I feel like he was put in there to be the stereotypical mage racist party member, but the writers forgot to actually prove him wrong.

is there even any hope for DA4?
who do I have to suck off to get a companion like Alistair or Morrigan in a modern bioware game?

Yeah, pretty much. Bioware really dropped the ball with the mages.

Inquisition was ok

to be an example

The voice... It made me question the grasp of my sexuality

comedic Hawke is my guilty pleasure.
maybe on par with MaleShep

yep

>the start

Is there any instance where helping the mages didn't bite you in the ass?
Whenever DA2 comes up my mind instantly blanks

refresh my memory, bros.
why did Anders blew up that thing at the end of DA2 again? and was that the catalyst of what happened at the start of Inquisition?

Anders was posessed by Justice and did nothing wrong

There is but do you really want anything from Bioware at this point?
DA2 was a turd, ME3 a costant disappointment then followed by a huge middle finger at the end, ME2 storywise could not exist and it wouldn't change nothing in overall story's series, DA:I was a single-player istance-mmo with gather material quest generator as content, ME:A was a bad game from every pore with even more bland writing and story.
Do you really want a post-2009 Bioware game?

Hawke was great. Such a shame Inquisition didn't have him as the protagonist. Would have fit the story much better.

But I also enjoyed DA2, so I might be full of shit.

I like Hawke, I hate the fact that a nice character as him/her is trapped in a shit game

guess not but I always pirate their games so I don't really lose anything either way
also ME3 was not bad, the worst offender of that game is the ending, but the rest of the main quest are goat.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything post 2009 Bioware did. Mass effect 2, while inconsequential in the overall story was one of the most complete games they've made. Mass effect 3 was great up until the ending, and apart fron Kai Leng I guess. Inquisition had definite issues with it's design, but the good outweighed the bad for me. They also gave it some incredibly solid dlc. Andromeda was a trainwreck though, but it seems clear at this point that the cause of that was an incompetent sub division. The team behind DA4 has little to do with that, so I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Main quest and DLC (apart from the bullshit regarding Javik) are great or at least OK for the most part, side content + ending are shite

I unironically love Citadel DLC and at the ending I actually felt so goddamn bummed because I know the good times are over

He and Isabella fuck casually if you romance neither.

No shame in liking an obviously lovingly made piece of content that's also highly praised.

I find some weird charm and draw to Dragon Age 2 that I haven't with the other two DA games. It's weird. I guess DA2 had a art style and setting I was more into. I dunno. It's hard to describe. It's a completely middling game, but I find myself replaying it every so often.

To hate-fuck him then sell him back to his master.
>kek

Ya' know, for all shit DA2 get, least it allowed you to be jerk to some extent. in DAI you're forced to be bigger two-goody shoes then Maker himself.

Like user earlier said, among other things he serves as a window into Tevinter culture. DA2 does that for all the races, it expands and presents a different perspective. That's something a lot of people overlook.

oh but the combat is dull and DA GWAFICKS aren't good so 0/10

>blaming based Justice for Anders

>t. David "Gay" Gaider
you know what's the problem with DA2? reused assets and lack of variety. From an entire country in the last game to a single city, and a boring one at that

To shit on players' face.

I don't know since I haven't played that game, but judging by the image I would guess pandering to homosexuals

>rest of the main quest are goat.
Then yes, for you and your kind there is hope in DA4.

Doesn't she even try to cuck you if you romance her?

Being unironically the best character

>Aveline is the only female in the party who isn't a STD ridden skank or retarded elf
>Game makes you cuck yourself and set her up with someone else
T-Thanks Bioware.

I avoid Andromeda like a plague though, the characters are just downright unlikeable (especially that girl who was voiced by Fallout 4's Cait).
with Shepard, you've got 3 games to familiarize with him and his gang, so there's some emotional connection going on. Inquisition, aside from the mmo tier quests, had solid worlds and actually had some closure

>I was a slave.
>I have suffered.
>My master made me his bitch. What a surprise.
>Have I told you I was a slave before?
>All mages are evil because I got dick from one in past.
>Now I need to take my anger on you and give middle finger to all mages because my master's cock came back to my mind.
>In Tevinter mages rule themselves, oh wait, you wanna tell me you already knew this? In that case ... all mages suck!!! There!
>Some time passed without me reminding you that I was a slave by the way.
>Oh another slave, well I was a slave too.
>Look my sister, screw what she had to went trough, I'm justified in killing Qunari that helped me and etc. because I WAS A SLAVE!
>ME ME ME!!!
>SLAVE SLAVE SLAVE!!!
>MY MASTER MY MASTER MY MASTER!!!
>I SUFFERED MOST I SUFFERED MOST I SUFFERED MOST!!!
>MAGES SUCK MAGES SUCK MAGES SUCK!!!
>Our window into Tevinter culture desu.

Such insight about Tevinter. Now somebody, please fetch Dorian for THAT one instead.

Wow triggered. You're skipping a good deal of information with your carrying on, but I can't be fucked writing it all down for you so you win, congrats

She points out that she isn't interested in a commited relationship so that's not surprising. The best outcome for her and Hawke is agreeing to keep it casual and in a few years hop on a ship and be pirates together.

I thought Kirkwall was cool and had an interwsting history. One of the biggest downsides of the game's rushed development was the city looking the exact same over seven years.

not that user but there was actually good deal of information? One that wasn't bitching about mages,his master and telling you about his slave life.Now note he doesn't talk about slaves,just him and him only.

All things he did said about Tevinter is information we already did had.Fenris brought nothing new to table except being first party member that comes from that said place,that was slave in that place.

I'm afraid Dorian is true "window" into Tevinter culture.Fenris?No.He is as much as our "window" into Tevinter culture as Iron Bull is into Qunari's.And latter is still more informative about Qunari then Fenris ever was about Tevinter.

I'm pretty sure that happens by act 3 though, when she could have admitted to falling for you shortly beforehand.

>There are people in this thread who wanted to fuck a female Dwarf or Qunari
Fucking degenerates, the lot of you.

thats pretty racist of him

>That user.
That is the point. Neither of them is our insight into said culture as neither are actual parts of it.
Fenris was just a slave of Tevinter. He caught eye of powerful magister who took him later on and made his life hell. He served said master only until he escaped and those Qunari saved him that he later killed because his master dearest told him to. Then he ran away again and yada yada he found himself in Kirkwall, bitching about magic and every mage he can find just because one introduced him to his cock.
Biggest insight he gave us of Tevinter is how it is to be a slave there and even that wasn't much of insightful as it wasn't surprising or much new. We already knew Tevinter is into slavery and we had chance to meet lovely pair of slavers in first game.So we know how much charming they're and how much they value their slaves.

Btw, all party members in DA2 were useless in that regard. Does Isabela tell us shit about Rivain like Zevran did about Antiva? No. Do we find out about Dalish trough retaconed Merrill? No, first game thankfully does that.
Biggest party member that might have been more insightful about his culture but was cut from game is Ketojan. Now learning about Qun from mage who was under it would have been interesting but alas, he was cut and instead of BW giving you him later in some DLC, they gave you Sebastian... and Tallis.
> disgusted noise

He was one of my favourite members for this reason. There was no reason not to blindly hate mages in DAII

this, i was so fucking mad

I'm gonna be playing DA2 for the first time, how do I make this game most fun?

Compared to Bioware's last three games, Dragon Age 2 is almost good.

middle answer (comedic) only run

Just be the glibbest motherfucker on Thedas. The ponciest ponce.

anal slave

If you don't play as troll Hawke (middle option), then you'll be playing wrong.

Also romance everything on your first run and visit brothel often.

>not playing as a mage hating mage broing it up with fenris

Hating mages in second game and not wanting to side with them was beyond easy. But it still didn't helped with making Fenris less annoying.

Though desu Isabela, Sebastian, Tallis, Anders are still characters I desire to impale on stake more then him.

David Gaider? More like Fagit Gayder lel.

There was obviously still some talent left at bioware, it takes serious skill to make felicia day look even uglier than RL.

>Killed Wynne and Zevran in my first playthrough
>on second playthrough dont kill wynne
>on third dont kill zevran
It was like getting an expansion every time desu

What isn't the purpose of an elf slaveboy?

>killed best grandma
wtf are you doing user

NEVER EVER

They somehow managed to transfer an edgy FF character into Dragon Age without making him a whiny annoying bitch. If you take him, Anders and Varric into your party he has actual well described opinions.
DA2 get too less praise for his decent writing which is above Origins in some aspects in my opinion.

Aveline was annoying as fuck. Only Varric in DA:II was tolerable (barely). I wanted to strangle my companions every time they opened their mouths.

>mommy milkies

Fun fact:

A quick look on IMDB tells you that in Inquisition is more "old Bioware" than in the entirety of the ME trilogy. The same writers for origins wrote Inquisition and the guy who wrote Jade Empire and Mass Effect is the Director.

Hawke's sis was alright, and pretty cute tbqh

I barely played a game as polished as ME2. It was stunning what they could get out of a 2005 hardware, it was basically one of the most beautiful looking and polished games on consoles.
ME3 looked somehow "ugly" while they actually improved some things on the engine. Probably because they went for a "end of the universe" atmosphere and not "cool shiny renegade stuff".

I fucking hated that preachy cunt.

>zombie hands

>They somehow managed to transfer an edgy FF character into Dragon Age with making him into even bigger whiny annoying bitch.

FTFY

Play as sarcastic Hawke who don't take anything seriously and put Varric in your party every time.
There you go, the funniest Bioware game with actual good written dialogues.

And you feel like this was the intention, good guy Hawke and bad guy Hawke are both boring in writing and how they speak, sarcastic Hawke sounds like the va had a shitload of fun speaking those lines.

I mean, the mages in Ferelden seem to do fine after you help them get the Tower under control after it gets sabotaged by Loghain's blood mage.
Their epilogue seem to be fine and I didn't hear about any negative coming from it in the sequel games.

No idea, his VA was great but his character and romance are too inferior in comparison to anders

Why do I feel so conflicted Sup Forums?

Playing around 120 + hours of mediocre gameplay, unbearable companions,mobile shit timers for missions and a shitty ancient evil villain.
Playing through Trespasser truly felt like the old writers was actually behind the wheel and not some tumblr tier fanfic garbage, Actual interesting threat towards Theadas from the Qunari and the whole story arc of Solas as the Dread Wolf

The ending DLC gave me some kind of hope that maybe there still exist decent writers behind Dragon age and maybe we can go back to the golden age of their writing

youtu.be/7AdZTBtzA4I

Asshole mage Hawke, use the wiki to make all your companions hate you and always side with the templars.

Anders and the spirit Justice (from Awakening) fused because Justice would die without a host body. It was a kind gesture from Anders towards a very decent spirit who risked it all to help humans in Awakening.
Unfortunately, Spirits aren't equipped to deal with humanity's emotional baggage.
Anders negative emotions ended up corrupting Justice, who eventually became so twisted to the point where he became a demon of Vengeance, which in turn, started to corrupt Anders.

Now the half-insane Justice/Anders saw the Chantry and Templars as horrible opressors of mages and his fanatism steadily increased as the events of the game progressed, to the point where he used his powers (and his life) to blow up the Chantry, which was the symbol of oppression and violence against mages in his now twisted perspective, despite the fact that the leader of the Chantry was a moderate who wanted to help the mages. This terrorist attack was the final spark that pushed the Templar and the Mages to fight in DAII.

As for DA:I, it all started when Corypheus, the main antagonist in a DLC from DA2 and in the main DA:I game, killed the divine and use her energy to fuel his MacGuffin to start creating rifts.

>tfw liked DA2
It's got tons of problems and totally deserves criticism, but I do like it, more than inquisition at least.

The be the most angsty yet reasonable party member.
Also

honestly i found the game good, played a religious mage and it fits well with the main story, enjoyed most of the squad content, had fun with the gameplay after i got a hang of it, the open world was thrash though.

i wonder how disconnected the game feels if you play a faithless character in a game about faith.

I mean, Tevinter mages are kind of pieces of shit. They are the ones who literally ruined the world of Dragon Age and caused the Blights to happen.
They got cocky because of their magic and started fucking with the other races and nations. Then they got so cocky that they said "Hey, lets fuck with The Maker".
So they did those horrible blood rituals and invaded the one place where nobody was supposed to go, the golden city, the home of the Maker.

Because of their fuck up and arrogance, they were punished by being turned into Darkspawn (the ones that invaded the golden city, not all of Tevinter).

Instead of learning theiir lesson they started to corrupt the old gods, turning them into archdemons and causing blights. What a bunch of fuckheads.

My man. Right now I download Inquisition because I liked DA2 so much (more than Origins despite I acknowledge that 2 has many problems Origins didn't had, but also fixed a lot of stuff Origins did wrong) and want to know what happens after Anders went full Allahu Akba.

>laughs at you

>female dwarf often looks like 14 years old girls
Wait but why is Bioware making them that way in the first place

>nigs at you

>Dragon Age II
i prefer to pretend that game never existed

To be entirely right about mages and to rival romance

Hated this bitch.

To this day, I'm surprised their SJW fanbase didn't raise hell about his apparent dislike of little people.

I had no idea she was a party member, and Morrigan goes on an anti mage rant if she's with you in the conversation with Wynne where if you agree with her (which I did) Wynne immediately attacks

>gets modded to be white

>Doesn't want to make a female qunari romance because he doesn't want to fetishize them or some shit
>Makes Iron Bull just so he can jerk off to him

Isabela and Varric combined with sarcastic Hawke was a great combination.