Nintendo Switch Online

Relax.
They wouldn't have delayed it an entire year if they weren't going to improve it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/69557/~/nat-type-d-problem.-cannot-play-splatoon-2-multiplayer./session/L3F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE5MzkzNDcxL3NpZC9mVU92TlRrVGJWcG9ISDBCS1Q5dV96ajlRa0FZSHFJd0tPWWEyM1JBdmIzU1hjdXlZSmlsbERqYUVlT0hYYmNMYWkzWmJkTiU3RW9aUHd5SjFNaG50RlNBOVVwV1JWdTFhbUJwanhtTVlLWkt3aUt6b1poNTNvQ1pFdyUyMSUyMQ==
playstationlifestyle.net/category/psn-playstation-network/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Switch
>handheld/home console hybrid
>Able to bring a mediocre home console anywhere with you to play games.
>unable to play online with most phone hotspots connections.

Fuckin' A

You can tether your phone to it and some hotspots open the hidden web browser that lets you connect.

Desu I hope they keep delaying it.
Paid online is cancer killing video games.

ok so i love the Nintendo switch, but apparently its not possible due to do Nintendo's strict NAT Type restrictions and our ISP. Theres only one ISP here and they dont allow static IPs or any of that noise.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/69557/~/nat-type-d-problem.-cannot-play-splatoon-2-multiplayer./session/L3F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE5MzkzNDcxL3NpZC9mVU92TlRrVGJWcG9ISDBCS1Q5dV96ajlRa0FZSHFJd0tPWWEyM1JBdmIzU1hjdXlZSmlsbERqYUVlT0hYYmNMYWkzWmJkTiU3RW9aUHd5SjFNaG50RlNBOVVwV1JWdTFhbUJwanhtTVlLWkt3aUt6b1poNTNvQ1pFdyUyMSUyMQ==

>online is free for over a year
>with busy games like Splatoon
OOPS YOU HAVE TO PAY NOW :^)

What did they mean by this?

I don't know what your mobile isp is but t-mobile works just fine for mobile gaming on Splatoon 2.

It's ok, you get 1 free NES rom per month

Everytime I turn on my Switch, I need to connect it manually to my router.
They won't improve it.

hahahahahahhahahhaa nintendo's online system is already utter trash, now they're making you sad cucks pay for it!

Fucking this. Why doesn't it just connect on its own like any other piece of technology released in the last decade?

Only idiots would believe it's going to improve, it will be the same shit we have now behind a pay wall.

Whats the issue? I never ran into this issue.
it wont improve, but if they give a game serice alongside it of some sort I can sign up for it.

Ey bro can i get ur friend code :DDD

>Undock Switch
>Unlock it
>The thing isn't connected to Wi-Fi
>Have to go into settings and make it connect myself

I wish they'd delay it a century.

??? The Switch automatically connects when it has to. Basically it's logic is in the following order.
>Is the Switch docked with a LAN adapter
>If not docked go in order through each saved wifi setting until one is successful
It's not rocket science. It will cycle through all your saved settings automatically until it finds a good means to connect without you needing to tell it in settings menu.

It only connects to the internet when it has to. A good example is attempting to access Splatoon 2 online or Fast RMX online.

Just because they delayed it doesn't mean it will be good.

is that real

>improve

yeah

Delete these posts immediately.

So how do Switch people play online for the past year?

>a 6MB ROM a month for 9.99 bucks a month

They're being generous! They're losing money as we speak I swear!
We need to start paying!

SHUT UP FAGGOT
NINTENDO ONLINE SERVICE WILL BE THE BEST INTERNET SERVICE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

NINTENDO ALWAYS INNOVATES ALWAYS IMPROVES THEY INVENTED THE AIR/WATER EVERYTHING U FUCKING FAGGOT SONYGGGEEERRRRRRR

Y-yeah guys we totally weren’t rolling around in that sweet Switch dough for the past year or anything haha...

Like this

I've used my T-Mobile to hotspot my desktop when my internet is down and it's actually surprisingly okay with gaming.

Wait for Smash and For Glory Online Quality.
The butthurt will be so strong.

What does one gain from these awful wojak posts? I hope to god nobody wastes their time typing this trash out.

sure have fun with your party game that literally no one cares about anymore

>t. EvoRosterFag butthurt

t.nintiddles that has no good games and never will :)

fucking this. I had a ISP who allowed static IP, I was ballin' smash 3ds on my hour long train rides until I switched. Shit was cash.

change the settings to make sure it does connect automatically. I think perhaps you've shut it off from doing that. I did it back when the switch would continuously try and find wifi and connect causing games to have a quick second freeze in any given moment. This was back during release though.

Its delay seems to be correlating with the lack of VC, so I'd rather homebrew hurry up if Nintendo is just going to continue dragging its feet.

Pretty sure it's because the lack of games that actually abuse the feature. Right now they only have Splatoon2, MK8DX and ARMS, and it would be ridiculous to ask for $19.99 just so normies can play those 3 titles.

I honestly don't know what they're doing, presumably they have something good in the works but who the hell knows.

This will still be more stable than PSN. They've had a PS+ requirement for about 4 fucking years now and it's not improved a fucking inch. It went down about 4 fucking times during the last Fortnite patch.

>Trashtendo
>improving
They are still stuck in 1995. The only reason they are postponing it is because of their abysmal infrastructure which is based on mind boggling incompetence. skript kiddies in 1996 were ahead of Neokiketrashitendo in 2018.
They are a fucking joke as a company.

>defending pay to play Nintendo online
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

If they're gonna go through with this they really need to have some kind of standout title with good online to introduce paid online with. Even then it will be extremely shitty if the quality of the Switch's online remains as shitty as Nintendo's online services have been since the Wii.

Fortnite doesn't require PS Plus though.

>abysmal infrastructure
Let's not fucking start.
Please learn to read, just because Fortnite doesn't require PS+ doesn't mean PSN's servers going down doesn't affect it.

I don't know user, some of them even defend Naruto storm trilogy (1, 2 & 3) coming to Switch.

Every console owner has to defend playing online lmao, it's sad

Everyone agrees paying for PSN is shitty.

But why are you defending paying for Nintendo shit online?

>BUT SONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IMO something like Smash bros and Pokemon are the only things that would justify the paid fee. The problem with those's that the former is still just a rumor, and the latter would receive a backlash 10x worse than the one Pokemon Bank had.

I'm just saying the servers cannot be AS BAD as PSN's. Not saying that it'll be on the same level as Xbox/MS's servers, but they've been doing Online longer than both PSN and Nintendo Network combined, you'd expect them to be good at this shit and they are.

But Nintendo online is actually a bigger joke than PSN. You fags don't even have basic voice chat wtf.

>unga chunga me have many pink ones there no other way to post in Sup Forumstribe

How does PSN being bad justify paying monthly for Nintendo's garbage online?

Delete this right now

Isn't like £20 a year?

I was saying between all three, Sony goes down so fucking much that it's like a double amputee hooker who likes to suck cock. But hey, you stay upset. (It's also funny how one of the biggest Sony fansites has a part JUST for how often PSN goes down. playstationlifestyle.net/category/psn-playstation-network/)
I think the VC problem is fucking dumb too. They have problems that they need to fix, but I'd say that between both of them, PSN has more inexcusable issues. Xbox has so many features that should be commonplace but adding them will most likely break PSN like a kit-kat bar.

just checked the pricing yeah it's 20 a year and 3.99 a month. Those are USD prices though

Pokémon doesn't even require a good online infrastructure to work correctly unless it goes beyond trading and turn-based battles. But we are talking about incompetency king Game Freak here, so as even the developers say, don't expect too much.

Smash however would make sense. Can't imagine that coming out within the next 2 years though unless it's a Smash 4 port.

>BUT SONY

Why the fuck do nintenshills have to bring up Sony anytime Nintendo is criticized in any way, even when Sony has nothing to do in the discussion? Why are they so obsessed with Sony? I see this literally every single time Nintendo is criticized even when no one brought up Sony in the discussion before.

And for the record, one console being garbage doesn't justify another console being garbage.

Bitch, I also praised Xbox with there online. And there is a difference between Garbage and a hardly working garbage fire that will go down if people play the same game at the same time.

How does PSN being bad justify you paying for Nintendo's awful online?

Why should I care about Xbox or Sony when talking about Nintendo? It's Nintendo's quality being discussed, not Nintendo's quality relative to its competitors that's being discussed.

>Nintendo's quality relative to its competitors that's being discussed.
In the long term, that's all that matters for a company. If you can't do something better than the lowest of standards (servers not fizzing out, keeping CC info in plaintext on shitty servers and somehow people still pay for it) then what's the fucking point? I want nintendo to not shit the bed like Sony. Mind you, if it does, it'll still be second place. But second place ain't bad.
We don't know if this new service will be bad.

never had issues playing stuff like MH on the 3DS/WiiU, only friendscode faggotry was annoying in games that needed it

now I bought MHW for PS4 and the servers legitimately went down four times in the first month of me subbing to PSN+

fuck all this paid online cancer anyways I'm unsubscribing from pissn+ and Ill most likely avoid the nintendo paid faggotry too.