Your thoughts on the new Yume Nikki gaem?

Your thoughts on the new Yume Nikki gaem?

New>old ?
Or
Old>new ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bA5lHRKS!piqztIASocQR7r95NjdqSEK4mSQe8zed22nY6ugrXxg
youtube.com/watch?v=haFYZ29MrnI
mega.nz/#!DBhQFLiJ!AnxwOH90ktnkfEb7ve6SxZ9tF84CZc9X4rES2wIWc_4
www3.nns.ne.jp/pri/tk-mto/kikiyamaHP.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>asking if the most nostalgia-affected people on the internet prefer an old thing or new thing
I won't comment until I try the new one which I think looks pretty interesting.
I admit, most of what drew me to the original game was the neon pixellated enviroments, but I acknowledge that the new game is obviously not trying to be that.

I like the first one a bit better, 2nd is good though

Different but good

So I've been playing for like an hour and it crashed twice on me and sometimes her hair (?) flapping around is creating massive lag.
Long story short, this game looks and feels like unity trash because it takes you out of the experience all the time.

My question is tho, because I heard such amazing things about the original, should I just go back and play that?

It's fucking awful and my disappointment is the size of the milkyway

Yes

What are you even doing playing the new one without having played the original. The new one is nothing but references and shoutouts to stuff in the original.

The new one has a completely different feel than the original. The new one is a straight up horror game with surreal elements. There is no horror in the original, its just surreal. OG Yume Nikki was all about getting lost in a world completely divorced from logic or reason.

Basically, just don't go into the original expecting the same thing that this game tried to give you.

I didn't play much of the first because I got bored of the walking sim thing. I liked the idea of it which is why I bought this one. played through one of the doors and its cool so far. I like it. its different

Are all the yen on the dock?

Uboa scene.

Like seriously look at this shit

I'll be brutally honest and say that it's a clunky, buggy, ugly mess. It's a boring generic indie game and the only thing going for it is the nostalgia I have for the original game. I don't care that it's different I just think this game is kinda shit looking at it from a critical perspective

Soundtrack is nice at least

WTF IS THIS GAME?=!?!

I expected it to be disappointing but not that disappointing

The art I got out of it was really nice at least.

Wow, that was disappointing. The build up was really good too, better than the original, even. Then they just didn't follow through,

I mean, first of all Uboa didn't even show up, and second you don't get transported to the bloody gropy mountain land when you touch it. That room is one of the most iconic rooms in the game.

You guys just don't get it
It's all a metaphor for kadokawa raping another dead IP

doesn't look too bad for me

Literally nothing. What the hell?

Reminder that there's several game ending bugs in the game right now, so if you're interested then you're better off waiting for a few weeks for fixes. I got hit by one myself.
>Played the song the (new) monster wanted to hear
>He spit an item out
>Got soft locked because Madotsuki kept walking into him, only option was to quit to main menu
>Go back into the game and the item is gone, but the monster doesn't react to the song anymore
>Can't progress because that was a necessary item
This was the second time I was soft locked because she wanted to walk and pick up an item, but just couldn't get to it for whatever reason (first time was in the train at the end of the docks)

Does it run on Unity?

>start game
>can't change resolution to 1440p
>disgusting post processing everywhere
>can't disable it
>main menu already has nothing to do with the original, nor does it have a remastered version of the original theme
>main menu is running at like 20 fps despite I can easily run games that look x3 times better than this

so this is the power of unity, I honestly doubt kikiyama was even involved into this

Please respond

Don't know why... But pic related was me playing the game

better than the original

Wait I thought we were all talking about the 8Bit one.

But there's a 3D one? Why?

>Build up: A gorillion/10
>Pay-off: So much suck a black-hole is formed/10

Kiki just gave the OK, same with the Manga and Light Novel.

The old one was inspired by one niche game and did something relatively unique for it's time by copying the idea, put it in a more playable state and have it's own set of visuals and ideas, adding a few new small mechanics here and there, creating another niche game but this time with a huge cult following, spawning multiple fan-games of multiple genres as homage with the characters from the game or the same style of play but their own visions.

The new one was inspired by one niche game and did the most generic possible thing to ever exist, removing things actually enjoyed about the game such as the exploration and the eerie but not scary atmosphere for the most part and instead made a horror themed only, linear, 2d plataformer, heavy puzzle game with the most common tropes of both vidya horror and indie games, mishmashing concepts of the original together all the while with sub-par animations and performance.

It misses the point so hard it's baffling to imagine how can someone fuck up this bad. It will be a disgrace that i think most likely fans will shun it and try to forget this embarrassing event for all of those involved, and they would be right to do so. It's one of those cases that i would have preferred literally nothing to what we got and i wouldnt wish this type of related sequel/spin-off/whatever on my most hated franchises.

Can someone post that pic of all related games?

It doesn't look great but I don't think it's THAT bad.

>the "official" fan-game is the one that misses the point of the original the most
Ironic.

Honestly, if this game dumbed down Uboa to a jumpscare, I'm going to just take his word as Gospel and never wnat to hear about this ever again.

Gotta love when the framerate drops for a specific area. It clears up when you go into Barracks Settlement but man is it jarring for a bit there.

> It's one of those cases that i would have preferred literally nothing to what we got and i wouldnt wish this type of related sequel/spin-off/whatever on my most hated franchises.

I keep saying this to people who want a 'Mobile Chao Garden'. Have they ever looked at mobile games before? The idea is doomed to suck.

so how do you wake up?
I'm stuck at the school entrance where monoe is sitting (I expected to go to the number world but whatever)

If you're using a controller it's down on the d-pad.

So like is there a plotline? What is going on with Monoe, she's become the single most recurring character out of all them.

It feels extremely mediocre, I think the only reason I kinda like it is nostalgia seeing old yume nikki stuff re imagined in new graphics and the soundtrack, the game itself is kinda lame

Try using -force-d3d9 on startup option.

The visuals are shitty as well. Sasuga western devs.

I don't see anything wrong with this.
How would you make Uboa work in 3d without making it look silly?

Asset recycling

You don't see anything wrong with it because there is literally nothing to see. It's pitch black with a 1 second jumpscare.

Make it oily and dripping, its face distorted, seemingly floating in and out of the inky black of its body.

Is it a decent horror game at least? I get that it misses the Yume Nikki point completly, but if I go in expecting a decent indie horror game, will I find enjoyment?

How the fuck can anyone think the Blood Flood World is even possible to be messed up in 3D?
This game is trying to make us believe Mado is panicked at the barely visible sight of Uboa. The original didn't do that and he Uboa even made a weird face when approaching her. It was entirely up to your interpretation.

Moreover, what kind of shit taste do you have to think jumpscares in this day and age are acceptable?

only good thing in this game is the soundtrack

also why does Madotsuki look like a little boy

I don't know exactly what they could do but at least send me to that bloody area it used to bring you. A shitty jumpscare that leads to Madotsuki suddenly waking up is underwhelming, especially after the build up.

Anyone got a good picture of Masada?

Honestly? The horror's kind of alright, you might enjoy it. It's at least got some creativity on display

DUDE SHE'S A TRANNY LOL

xe identifies as a pansexual non-binary girlboy

Why are people expecting her to look like a damn anime?

The horror has it's moments, I like me my cheap Japanese-esque horror though admittedly.

Every japanese girl is secretely a boy

He's super dead user.

guess the new oddworld game came out earlier than I expected

I would have gone with a shadow-like effect like the ones seen from ico/sotc

.flow>Yume nikki>Yume 2kki>Fleshchild>Lcd dem>me>>>Yume Nikki remake

So did NASU become a Pang clone now?

Neat

Is it short as fuck? I played for like 45 minutes and already have 30% dream completion and 40% of effects

How do you even tell?

mfw they showed everything in the advertising

Literally looks like something straight out of the unity asset store

If you want to make fun of it further, you can put dreaming sarah above it.
I would.

Mannequin scene.

I like the texture on her sweater. I always assume it was a shirt though, so it's kind of hard to ease into it.

can you peek under her skirt?

See, this shit is 10/10 because it's doing something new. Doing it for Uboa is just uncreative as fuck still.

mannequin horror is like the most uncreative thing you can do though, every fucking horror game does it. silent hill 2 did it it best by far

You can't control the camera.

Converted the music files I could find to .mp3, because the .wav files are bloat.

mega.nz/#!bA5lHRKS!piqztIASocQR7r95NjdqSEK4mSQe8zed22nY6ugrXxg

If anyone wants an image from the diary, give me a (You).

Hmm, I think the emphasis on how dream diary was made "under the super strict concentration camp tier supervision of Kikiyama" is just their way of saying that this game is Kikiyama's fault

dab is canon

I don't know if some of you know this I really like on dreamcast.
deSPIRIA part rpg/part VN/point and click 100% surreal.
Maybe not as vivid as yume nikki or flow at first but definitely something to check IMO.
Tried to translate the game text and manual 10 years ago but got bored as it was a One man work and had many others shit to deal with on that time.
I recelty came back to the game and it still hold the same impression I had when I finish it nearly 20 years ago
tell me if some of you know about it or if it pick your interest.
youtube.com/watch?v=haFYZ29MrnI

It's their way of legitimizing it to get people interested.

That's what they want you to think

Why people be mad at this game for being unlike original? They didn't title the game with remake or remaster, it even says this is a 'new' entry and at prologue you see a continue from previous game.

>doing something new
>fucking creepy mannequins
Hooooooly shit dude

Can you post all the diary pics? The only new ones I've seen are Masada and the Nopperabou witches.

No one is mad because it's unlike the original. People are mad because it looks like an asset flip game

Please post the Masada picture.

Dab on the nightmares

>save music
at least they did something right

Monoko

LOL DABBING

where's the fucking white desert

My shitty toaster won't run the game, is there any stream with no commentary available yet?

nowhere, seems like the stoplight is gone too

There are 32 pictures, so I packed them into a .zip file
mega.nz/#!DBhQFLiJ!AnxwOH90ktnkfEb7ve6SxZ9tF84CZc9X4rES2wIWc_4
Here you go.

I extracted Tokuto's mesh and applied the texture on it, so I could look into posting how the models look up close soon.

An hour in.
It's not bad, but it's not good either.

Or he just doesn't care about YN anymore
www3.nns.ne.jp/pri/tk-mto/kikiyamaHP.html

I'm having fun so far. I knew it wouldn't be good as the original since your imagination isn't doing all the work this time. But i'm just so happy i'm having more YN.

I love you.

DELETE THIS

Could Sup Forums make a better Yume Nikki game?
Probably

>no wierd feet
Oh well. Thank you, user.