Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums

does this build make sense?

pcpartpicker.com/list/q62mGG

I'm thinking a medium to medium high-end build here. Looking to maintain 1080 resolution, with 60+ fps, at higher settings for newer games.

What are your thoughts?

Don't buy the OS my man, pirate it.

That aside, yeah, you'll get a mid to high build with that. It's all cool my man. Also maybe buy a case for it.

Looks good, will do what you want and more. Shame about the absurd RAM price, but nothing you can do about it.

>189 bucks for 8GB RAM
Fuck man

>AMD CPU
>Nvidia GPU
No, it doesn't.

>pirate it
enjoy your russian botnet

Looks fine overall processor could be a bit stronger but it should be more than sufficient for 1080p. A 1070 is more suited for 1440p or 144hz so you will have zero problems with 1080p on it.

>Don't buy the OS my man, pirate it.
He could always buy a key off ebay. I paid $15 for a W10 pro key guy emailed the key within a few hours and I never had any problems with it. Just gotta make sure to check over the user feedback and such first.

>paying for the USA botnet
Choose your poison my negro.

2x 8gb tho
still sucks i bought 2400mhz 2x8gb for like 80 euros one and a half year ago

Don't you get that fucking "Activate Windows" thing over everything you do?

>New GPU's coming in early april
>Now is the time to buy a 2 year old 1070 that has almost doubled in price

Great job OP

No, that happens when you forget to disable the Windows Update service and it tries to check your key against MS servers to check for updates. It detects you have a pirated copy and invalidates your fake activation.

If you clean install w10 without an internet connection you can disable the service and then connect to the internet. The last time I did it was back in 2016 and I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Oh nice. I was thinking about getting 10 Pro. Is it safe to keep up to date by directly downloading them from their site rather than using Windows Update or do you just remain static?

You can just download W10 for free from Microsoft for a 1 month trial and then hunt for a cheap key on ebay at your leisure. Don't pay a 100 damn bucks for it.

You can't wait for april? New zens coming out.

>Sup Forums has surrendered to W10

I don't know what kind of user you are but at least I only use windows for vidyas. I have a linux partition for everything else.
If you actually care about updates and shit I'd recommend you to buy it in any other way but paying 100 bux for it.
You obviously can't update the system if you pirated it. So, as I tell you, you can leave it static if you don't care about updates and shit and you only want to game. If you use it for everything and actually do care, you're better off paying for it.
Still, 100 dollars for it it's a rip off

because Sup Forums is not Sup Forums.

An os is an os nigger, it's stupid to marry to any piece of technology.
If you aren't a power user and you only want to vidya like the kid who's asking for the build, and w10 suits your needs, then you're ok with w10. There's no such thing as a complete evil without any upsides.
Even windows me had good things going on for it.

Yeah I don't really need to update. I mostly game, guess I can use my other PC with a legal copy of W10 on it for important things. No way am I paying Microsoft's insane price though that's for sure. Currently building a PC is why I asked about it.

Buy oem keys if you really have to.

The $99 for Windows is not worth the headache of dealing the corrupt shit. I've already got a case, power supply, and HDD I can salvage from my old (2010) build.

Yeah, my last build was in 2010 and I loved how "future proof" it was. It's lasted me up until a year ago and I haven't been gaming since it's performance has severely dipped off. Then again, I can't help but think I'm overdoing it.

fuckin' miners dude

care to explain other than your autistic greentext?

I just figured I'd spend the extra $80 and future proof a little. You think this might be overkill? I hate to get bogged down on multiple processes because I didn't just pony up.

I just dont have the time or patience to fuck around with pirated OS or learn linux. I barely have enough time to enjoy games on my weekends, I'm not going to fuck around learning an new OS.

Switch out the PSU for a Gold efficiency, it will pay off in the end. Your components will last longer and your electricity bill will be lower.
Anything in the Corsair RMx series will do, but there are plenty of others you could go for as well.

Oh, and pirate the OS instead. Just install whatever win10 you have and use KMSpico to fix it.

As for memory, if your mobo supports 3200MHz I'd say go for that instead, but *only* if you can find a CL14 variant (such as Flare X) that's priced similar to your current choice.

Finally, get a second harddrive for storing shit. Doesn't have to be fast, but it should be large enough for all the movies and whatnot you want to keep. If you have sensitive data on it, buy 2 of the same HDD and RAID them for added security. Only put what you need to run fast and frequently on the SSD.

It is a solid build. Just few things to check:
1. Although the mobo is okay, it is not recommended to buy msi boards for ryzen. They lag really hard behind with bios updates and their quality is argued to be quite bad. Check out asrock or asus boards. Asrock pro4 is a great mobo.
2. Check the ram compatibility with mobo. It can be done on the mobo's website.

16 gb isnt overkill in my opinion, its the speed that doesnt make much difference yet. i mean if you can find a 2400mhz kit for 50ish less id go with that. i just think its crazy how expensive ram has become

I'd wait until April for the Ryzen 2 line to come out. Leaks are looking great so far.

whats the point of getting the gold efficiency. is there any real evidence they make your parts last longer? that just sounds like a marketing gimmick.

Yeah I'll look into those motherboards. I've been considering some of these "mini" boards. I don't really need all the slots, and rgb functions of these big boards and like the idea of being able to fit my build into a smaller space efficient case.

I just read some shit that 3000 was the fastest speed these new ryzens could handle, so I just thought I'd go with the top end for fewer hassles [maaaaan].

Got any of the leaks sources? I haven't been gaming since my game computer crapped out last year. I don't know how much longer I want to wait.

Also, any thoughts on the Ryzen 3 & 5 G-series? Maybe I could save some money and use this with its integrated graphics functionality to hold off on buying a video card until prices change.

>is there any real evidence they make your parts last longer?
Google it

If you google "ryzen 2600" you'll get a bunch of articles from the past week. IIRC the most generous interpretation of the leaks was an improvement of 30%, but most folks estimate 10-17%. Anyway, it's most likely gonna be priced the same and strictly better.

As for the recent G series they're the best bang for the buck atm, specifically the 2200 (which I will be getting for a low powered build) To be honest I wouldn't recommend either considering your budget, although the 2400 can handle 1080p60 easy if you pair it with a good GPU. I'd wait.

You could just back up your claim with the place you read this fact instead of making me dig for what article or source you read this from.

Interesting. Part of me is just thinking of going with a budget PC and a 2200G. I'd save some money, which makes sense considering I do significantly less gaming than I used to. I could always just get the 2400G and then just pair it with a mid-range gpu if prices come down.