Should i buy this?

Should i buy this?

great price

>$350
Too good to be true.

Why would anyone have this?

realistically none of them would have a working disc drive, but if you want to set them up with freemcboot memory cards, cords and controllers you might be able to make a profit if you're in Brazil

Can you mine bitcoins with them?

Almost certainly not at a profit.

Only if you plan on uploading chappie into a new body

I want to go back to 2001

Well scalpers notoriously gathered an absolute fuckton of faulty PS2s back when it came out because they bought them in bulk and only realized later that most of the initial production was completely fucked.

>none of them would have a working disc drive
Yep. $350 is not a bargain. There's at least 64 ps2 in that picture. That's around $5 for each which is what you usually get in flea markets/garage sales/etc and even if they were double, you will at least get the cords with it. This has no cords. Some of these I'm assuming has no internals. Check the pics. Some of them has no ps2 logos with at least one pretty mangled inside. This has been fucked with.

>faulty
what was the major fault? it was so long ago I can't remember

was the lens too close to the disc and scratched them? or was that something else?

>not just buying one ps150
Waste of money

laser alignment was fucked because the rubber band controlling it wore out almost immediately

Sony is notoriously bad at anything involving rubber, see also: Dualshock sticks, headphone cables, any Sony remote control

T H I C C

for what purpose?

>Some of them has no ps2 logos with at least one pretty mangled inside

For that price it's likely they're defective or gutted units from some electronic repair chain so finding a working one in that pile would be a miracle.
Getting one together from the parts requires knowledge and equipment, so more $ in your case.
Wouldn't bother with it, looks like someone is trying to dump a lot of garbage trying to make it look like a bargain because of the sheer numbers involved.

>rubber band
i'm guessing replacing one is nigh impossible

Can you mine with them?

dude if you sold those for $25 a piece you would make 1,800

No. Unless they are all chipped and you have burnt discs of every ps2+psx game & 72 TVs, for your youth centre/orphanage/personell quarters. Or can get such very cheap. Especially for impoverished countries/people who can't afford a laptop instead.

Otherwise it would be wiser to spend the money on hard drives and net access to pirate terabytes of entertainment, pre-cracking games to run without an install, for similar people.

There is no reason to get them for personal use. Electronics only depreciate in value and emulation offers a better experience, mostly due to the higher framerate.

Unless they come with Network adapters, fuck no.

>For part or repair

they probably already stripped anything that works off it

FOR PARTS OR REPAIRS, you dumb fucks
None is working properly.
Maybe you can fix a few, but you likely need experience in electronics repairs.

build a super computer

My boi

hehehehehehehe

Good point, selling them on ebay individually would give you a large profit. But people would only really be interested if it came with 50 or so of the best games. Chipping them and burning the games may be worth it if you can't find a job.
Or you could do that as a hobby, providing hospitals and such with a TV on a trolley with a wide selection of games.
Only useful with the games though. And if you did the same with N64,xbox, gamecube, wii, 360, ps3, ps4 & xb1, the sick kids/adults would probably just play the newest one. Though it could still be good for variety. A different trolley for every console, eg N64 for kids, or you could sort through the games and organise kid friendly games so they didn't pick anything that their parents might complain about.
Otherwise a rec room with several consoles attached to different TVs ready to go.

no nigga

Also Voltage control regulator on the laser was faulty in a lot of those launch units making the lasers essentially burn out and weaken over time, eventually making it impossible for them to read the black bottom discs (which were 90% of the PS2 library) and struggle with the silver disc.

"Cryptocurrency" is just a waste of power and hardware that accomplishes nothing. When it's addressed by considerate people it will be made illegal with large penalties. Getting something for nothing might make it illegal by less considerate people.
Legality should be morality. It's not l, but it should be.
Offenders could be easily identified through their power consumption and the particular transfers in their internet connection.
Personally I'd find it useful to identify people who are just out to make a buck. All investees, anyone involved barred from any kind of influence. Let it run for a while, then seize the assets, keep it going and continuously round up the investors and small operations. Would be pretty cruel to make them work for a living though.

Would have been fine if they instead made a tiny profit providing processing power. Or had processing power as the currency. Phone users for example paying money per month/at a timed rate to have high end PC performance. Say you want to play the newest PC game, pay $10 over 100 hours to enjoy it.
PC hardware just sitting there a waste. Connecting all PC hardware in the world to supply processing power in return for money. Everyone wins.

As is "cryptocurrency" shapes hardware development to useless functions. It can't be allowed to go on. Bad enough hardware development is shaped by unimaginative publishers and worse, corporations that push for intentional victimisation of their users. Brainwashing them lower quality products at higher prices are good for them. Higher pixel counts instead of faster refresh rates, higher colour depth and stereoscopy. Ram sizes, instead of gpus.
It's an old thing. Flashy instead of quality.
People need to be protected from this sort of thing.
Right to have faith in presentation.