help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/
nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/2/
github.com/Erik-JS/masseffect-binkw32
youtube.com/watch?v=vGF-f3arb04
youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc
youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Technically it's not dead. Just moved.

I've played ME1 so many times I feel nothing when I play it now. I wonder what would have been had the Jews not prevented Kotor 3 and ME2 and 3 without EA influence.

>Pick Sole Survivor background
>can only give the most token of criticism of Cerberus and then be forced to work with them anyway in ME2
>game rubs it in by having your other surviving buddy send you an angry email about it
Fucking fuck all that shit in ME2.

Colonist/War Hero master race reporting in

My man

This guy knows what's up
>soloing slaver shitters instead of wasting men

Spacer is my favorite. Having living parents just makes Shepard feel slightly more human.

Spacer/Butcher of torfan
>Still having ptsd about the kid
FUCK YOU BIOWARE

best opening experience

I like the idea of being mostly alone in the galaxy outside of your crew. Also Colonist/War Hero has very good reasons to hate batarians.

I bought it for $5 to see what all the fuss was about and yes it was terrible and it was more than just the face animation and politics. Game was just not fun.

Vetra>Tali>Blue>Bald woman>genetic daddy issues>man-face

blue is best

Green > Blue

Hallway shooter mechanics in an open world is just a terrible idea. Add bulletsponge enemies and boring weapons to that and you get boring gameplay.

>”Enemies everywhere!”
>”I will destroy you!”

I miss Shepard. Shooting first and asking questions later would've been good for Andorkamena

yes

Swap Tali and Vetra and put Jack at the bottom and you have a good list. Vetra would be a higher for me if she wasn't half lesbo

Legion is my wafiu and no one else's

Blue>everything else

Everyone loved Shepard. So we have removed him and replaced him with plastic doll.

>Bioware still hasn't made the DLC available for Origin Access members or people who purchased the games
>you still need to pirate Mass Effect to get all the content for a reasonable price

>selected DEFAULT everything because I thought I was gonna drop it in 40 min
>ended up playing that character until the very end and death of the series
still mad
always mad

I recently played through Mass Effect 1 again the other week and really enjoyed my time, I booted up Mass Effect 2 and I can't play more than 5 minutes. What a fucking train wreck they turned that game into.

>Choose Earthborn in the first game fully anticipating that there'd be something unique when you get to Earth
>ME3 comes around
>Shepherd doesn't get shit about his home planet being invaded unique to the customization

why did bioware do me like this

DLC for 1 and 2 is free though
help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/

Reminder to get this mod to reduce loading by 90% on your next playthrough of ME2
nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/2/

Then why don't they make it free on Origin?

The Lair of the Shadowbroker is still 800 bioware points for example when I look at it in the launcher.

Because that shit still requires you activate it through your account. Unless you use something like github.com/Erik-JS/masseffect-binkw32 to bypass the check.

because they're shifty merchants trying to squeeze cents out out of a eight year old game ?

Its really fucking sad how much potential the game and universe had that was squandered by ME2 and completely ruined by ME3. ME1's atmosphere was so unique and roving on planets with the Mako was one of the most fun experiences in it, unique innovative infinite ammo concept, really detailed weapon and ammo customization, sleek sci-fi universe look.

All ruined in the sequels, casualized and squandered.

>loved the mako sections and planet exploration
>go to the internet
>"hahaha mako soooooo bad amirite??? omg do cars even move lik that?? XDD"
>mass effect 2
>no mako, some bullshit 5m racing minigame instead
>planet exploration replaced with a menu where you use probes
>"PROBING UR ANUS LOOOL"
I get severely infuriated every time I'm reminded of this series.

I played as a pure biotic with the Charge and a shotgun/submachine gun and it was ridiculously fun. You niggers didn't play it right if you spent more than a nanosecond in cover. The game gave you dodge and jump button for fucks sake. You can even air dash mid jump.

Best gameplay in a Mass Effect ever. Too bad the beautiful looking environments is offset by NPC looking like ass.

This is my boyfriend, say something nice to him

>pc version doesn't have controller support
>you have to mod it into the game
>still doesn't fully work
welp guess i'm gonna hook my 360 up

>pc version doesn't have controller support
Ah fuck you just reminded me why I've been trying to play this damn game on and off for the last two years. Every time I load it up the controls feel like complete ass.

>mfw even the character creation was immersive

It's funny because it started as pure console game. Why was it necessary to remove controller support? Why?

me1 plays infinitely better with kb/m and is ironically a timed 360 exclusive even though it feels more like a pc game

>Wanna replay ME
>No GOTY collection
>Even Trilogy collection doesnt have DLC
>DLC still locked in bioware store ala carte full price
EA just loves forcing me to pirate

The movement is great and all, but completely kills any kind of decent level design they could have had. There's too much freedom of movement. 2 and 3's gameplay made for much more engaging combat.

Why did people hate the Mako, anyway?

I keep hearing people complaining that it can't navigate the planets well but I never once had a problem with it.

Because EA hate PC gamers

from what I gathered over the years most of the people hating the mako played on the 360 and it handled strangely with a controller. for me mako parts were some of the best parts of mass effect 1 and a shame they got removed. even the generic planets felt good. elevator banter was top notch too

Yeah, muh inexplicable chest high walls everywhere was great level design.

Would much rather have Andromeda's movement & combat situation. It really is a shame other parts of that game were so bad.

What happened to the Reapers between ME1 and ME3?

In the first Sovereign is genuinely mysterious and threatening; you get the sense that to beat the threat (if you even can) would require genuinely radical thinking.

In ME3 they're just giant robots. Indoctrination stuff is mostly replaced with robot zombies. Why did Bioware feel the need to explain the Reaper's goals? Why couldn't it have been left a mystery?

Hint

Just started Andromeda. I kinda like the feel of you're supposed to be an explorer and have no idea what the hell is going on. But the uncanny valley is fucking bad.

>DLC still locked in bioware store ala carte full price
There are DLC bundles on Origin that came out in December. $25 for each game. Still too pricey for my tastes but they finally made it easy to grab all that shit at once. The PC version of ME1 already has all the DLC included.

>doing worse than drew

Absolutely embarrassing

I agree but Sup Forums freaks out when you say it had the best gameplay. Everything else sucked by dashing and biotic charging around in battle is where the game shines.

I liked the Mako, but there were definitely certain planets that had terrain you could get permanently stuck in. If you bothered to explore at least, which there was no point in doing as much as people say they enjoyed doing it. Another minor issue for autists was that your exp was cut by a large amount whenever you were in the thing, so you'd end up with a ton of extra shit if you just drove it to every fight and then got out to actually kill stuff.

control was kinda weird because wonky physics, noticeable on some planets more than others
nothing that extreme as people always pretended, at least as far as I can remember, and I played on the 360

I can appreciate the idea that Ryder was meant to come across as younger and less experienced, because they're basically just dumped into an important role because of nepotism, but I really ended up missing Shepard.

wat. mako had a jump jet of it's own. how do you even get stuck

I like your voice..like...aloooot.

Because it moved like ass and had nothing to do with anything else in the game. Using it amounted to driving down linear roads, stopping occasionally to pick off some faraway turret or blow up some geth armaments. There was no freedom involved, the Mako was just a way to move clunkily from point A to point B.

That being said, I think the Mako was important in giving the planets scale and making them feel like actual places. ME2 and ME3 just made every place feel like a sequnce of corridors and even though ME1 had no shortage of hallways, it broke up that monotony somewhat. Like ME2 and ME3 talks about how the planets are, ME1 lets you see and experience it (at least what little the game allows).

I didn't like Andromeda but gameplay wasn't one of those reasons. You are 100% correct man, Mass Effect combat never felt as good. I also played a biotic with charge and shotgun, Vanguard style so maybe that's why our reception of the gameplay is more positive.
For me the game disappointed with their approach to open world. Too little enemies to fight and too much downtime inbetween what makes the game fun: the combat.

There are planets with drops larger than the boost, and walls too steep to scale. They didn't really give a shit about the terrain generation, because they didn't think people would be stupid enough to actually want to explore an empty map.

PSN sale right now, is it worth picking up Andromeda?

everyone has good reason to hate batarians

This and DA1 having no controller support is infuriating

You literally have the UI and controls already there

Mac Walters is a fucking hack. I feel bad for whatever IP he gets his hands on.

I just got to the Krogan world myself. This game has been giving me ME1 flashbacks. It perfectly captures the wonder and excitement it had so much so that it also captured the garbage quality of the UI. At least it has way better combat. I slightly alleviated the shit tier animation by switching to a non-english language so now I barely see their gorm faces pretend to be human. Plus, the french dub calls the Pathfinder as Pyonya~ (french Pioneer?) and it gives me a chuckle whenever its mentioned in a serious conversation.

These fucking horrible looking humans and asari though. Holy shit. I'd rather they all wear face obscuring masks than see their ugly mugs. A game that would actually benefit from a galactic mandated burqa. I legit feel assaulted by the devs whenever I see these NPCs.

I feel exactly the same, Mass Effect just caught me at the time when I was really into space stuff in a big way and exploring those planets was fucking amazing. Finding little gold nuggets like the occasional weird alien animal on a planet and that orb detailing martians experimenting on caveman was great.

I thoroughly explored that shit and never got stuck. scaling seemingly impossible walls was super fun too

He was the head honcho during ME:A

I unironically uninstalled Andromeda after seeing everyone was hideous. I can't play like that. If the grafics were worse I could at least have imagined something.

It controls way better with a mouse and keyboard. You're literally asking to play it in an inferior way.

>mac managed to shit on a story worse than karpyshyn

>Game forcing you into one playstyle is good design

>Ryder making jokes literally all the time
>start choosing responses that I think translate into jokes the least
>Ryder still fucking making shitty jokes
There's a line between being confident enough to make fun of a situation and being an awareness lacking autismo who can't understand when a joke isn't called for.

>Sole Survivor
>War Hero
>Ruthless
lol people said this game had good writing.

I get paid for it!

>I
*and

God damn migraine

I think of Division when I hear your voice.

Not forcing, just making aware with minimal gameplay investment that some styles just aren't fun. If you'd rather crouchwalk through the whole world, you're allowed to, but we all know it's boring as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGF-f3arb04

He's a decent writer. He wrote most of Garrus IIRC. Drew wrote ME1 Liara, who's probably the worst written character in the game.

The problem is that neither Mac nor Drew properly planned out how the trilogy should go. ME2's plot goes nowhere, and you can kind of feel they were expecting Drew to return for ME3. He didn't, and they had to improvise by creating the Crucible.

Main problem with ME3 was that they got rid of Chris L'Etoile, who wrote Legion and the codex. He was mainly responsible for that ME feel, what made the universe so deep and interesting, what made the geth really feel alien.

so what was the initial reason for the reapers before they got turned into the shit in me3? something related to dark matter but how?

this is THE track that encapsulates everything about mass effect

feels so good

who /tali/ here

dont forget this

youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc

It was something about since organics use dark matter technology for basically everything, it could potentially implode the universe and the Reapers want to stop that from happening so they show up every so often to stop that from happening.

I now get tight in the chest every time I see her even mentioned.

>He wrote most of Garrus
Garrus's story is the most character driven; this explains why Mac was worse when it came to writing the story on the grander scale.

To be honest, I'd have been happier if they went for a smaller-scale, character driven piece for the fourth ME game rather than whatever Andromeda was.

>they got rid of the guy who wrote the Codex
why would you do this

I definitely would have liked a more general say in shaping their personality. The Paragon/Renegade system wasn't perfect, but it made for a lot of memorable moments in defining Shep's stance on the situation.

sorry about your cancer

Your Shepard looks like has cancer and is dying. How fitting for a talimancer.

6 YEARS
youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0

You made the huge mistake of choosing the joke options at the start of the game a lot. Dialogue options slightly changes Ryder's personality right up to the end. The game tracks it.

Basically instead of the reapers harvesting organics to preserve their memories/genetics and prevent the machine takeover, they were harvesting to try and find a solution to dark energy, which is destroying stars as you learn during Tali's recruitment mission in ME2, basically a cooler scifi version of the heat death of the universe.

It would have been just as retarded as what they ended up doing, but because our Lord and Saviour Drew thought of it people pretend it would have been way better. At least the ending we got fits with the series' overall themes of artificial intelligence and forming relationships with other species and stuff.

That takes me back....

Essentially, as organics advance, their civilisations naturally discover Element Zero and thus the basis for mass effect technology and biotics. As use of element zero (essentially dark matter) technology increases, the entropy of the local area increases massively. There are hints of this in the second game; the star that Haestrom, the planet where you pick up Tali, orbits, is mentioned as acting as if it was way older than it should. I think that there are some other references seeded in that game. The Reapers kill organic civilisation to stop their biotic potential from bootstrapping the galaxy into heat death, basically. Life survives in the long term, but it must be reaped so that it doesn't devour all the energy in the local area. Essentially, the Reapers would be acting in the niche of a predator stopping the over-breeding of prey animals in an area from using up all the resources and making the area unliveable.

Part of why the pivot is annoying is because by the original plan, the title of the series is intimately connected with the ending. 'Mass Effect' - the reason for the Reaper's actions is right there in the title. It would also make the ending a more genuine moral dilemma.

Game was actually pretty enjoyable.
Goes to show that people just like to circlejerk

fuck that does sound good. I'm not even sure if it's what they had in plan but you just shamed whoever wrote the me3 mess

The game would have been received better if it didn't assault your senses with those npcs and uncanny valley animation. The bugs were easy to fix but those two? That takes a whole new dev cycle to fix.