Might as well add every console

Add PS3 and remove DS

t.6 year old

>DS
>Dreamcast
Kill yourself

>vita

>DS
Is this bait? It's literally the second most sold console of all time, only behind PS2 but like 1 million or something.

Also the Dreamcast, NGPC and Vita are great.

>vita
Literally a shovelware kusoge machine

You need to check your facts user.

The Ouya

Your birth.

Switch

PS4

>DS
>Dreamcast
>Neo Geo
Kill yourself.

Shows the DS.
The best selling handheld console in history.

WiiU, GameCube.

The (You) doesn't show when you're OP.

>Dreamcast
It literally was though. They left in a ridiculously exploitable piracy loophole that killed third party support. The Dreamcast was a mistake.

wasn't the DS super successful?

Ouya

What kind of retarded metrics are you using.
How to tell if a console was good, just answer this question, does it have good games?

>DS
>mistake

Biggest Sup Forums retards

The PS1 had a blatant piracy and it still succeeded. What killed the Dreamcast was the fact that it was a Sega console after three consecutive failures (Sega CD, 32X and Saturn).

add the switch please

I'm not saying it was bad. But it was a mistake. If you can seriously say a console where piracy was an accidental FEATURE was not a mistake you are retarded

CD drives were literally $100 back then plus everyone had shit internet

Saturn was a good console and sold quite well in Japan, the console itself wasn't the failure, the mistake was the surprise US release.

SEETHING

PS1 at least required a modchip at the time to pirate. DC required no hardware modification, just a bootdisk.

Nowadays you don't even need a bootdisc

The DS sold really well and has one of the greatest videogame libraries of all time.

>the console that literally saved modern Nintendo and had one of the best first years on any console ever made
>a failure
lmao

Remove DS, add Wii U

Ouya

>DS

fat DS was fucking garbage shit.
DS lite was better in every way
Aside from this, if you hated the DS you are sad and i no longer wish to associate with you.

DS, Dreamcast and Vita are all good systems though.

3DO and NGPC were charming, despite the small libraries.

So where is the wii u?

Tank DS was a visual abomination, yes.

Replace DS with ouya or the wii U

Would adding the Jaguar CD be redundant?

Yes

How the fuck was the DS a mistake
Also the PSP was the most successful non-Nintendo handheld ever made

>DS

sony

>DS
>154 million sold
>mistakes

>Also the PSP was the most successful non-Nintendo handheld ever made
okay? what does that have to do with the image? There's no psp there

Damn this thread is full of some triggered weebs.

I think we can all agree that OUYA should be therr too.

Why is 'weeb' the go-to insult for damage controlling faggots, even when the subject matter has nothing to do with anime?

>DS
>Dreamcast

Oh, that was a Vita, my mistake

The Original DS model (in the picture) is fucking dogshit.

You're a faggot for adding the DS but otherwise I'd add the fat ps3 and kinect xbone. Before someone goes dumb on me, I'm a sonyfag.

Every single first iteration Nintendo handheld is dogshit.

kill yourself weeb

this

Ps4 and every xbox

vita is unironically one of the worst handhelds ever and it's all thanks to the shitty library

>every xbox

Xbox 360 was unironically better than the PS3 though

>defends the vita
>calls others weebs

> buy vita
> only use it for remote play and monster hunter fu

>original thicc ds
>32x
>dreamcast
>neo-geo
>no ps3
>no wii u
>no kinect
>no phones
fuck off cunt

The N-gage is technically a phone

The original GBA should be on there, no backlight was retarded as hell. SP is god tier though.

The original Neo Geo was decent but the Neo Geo CD (pictured) is trash.

Wait, how was the 32x NOT a flop? It fucked up in every way possible; it sold like shit, was too expensive, its library was pure garbage (now I KNOW you niggas ain't defending Knuckles' Chaotix), and released at a time to be completely eclipsed by both its competition's upcoming console and SEGA's own Saturn (which had already been in Japan when the 32x came out)

Why is the vita a mistake? It was very successful in its country of origin

For a handheld? No

>thinking Japan is the only market that matters for a worldwide system

what are you, pre-Switch Nintendo?

Found the retard.
We're you even alive when they stopped production?

>ds
>not the Wii U

Giod bait

The 32x has a great good games to released games ratio, just like the Virtual Boy, but neither sold well and were dropped in under a year to cut losses.

>It was very successful in its country of origin

So was the Saturn

As sime one wh9 likes the vita i have to agree with op the system was a mistake, especially considering how little support it had and how it was dead on arrival due to expensive memory sticks. Those still go for a incredibly high price

VIRTUAL BOY!?! You're digging yourself a deeper hole, bro. Wario Land was the only good game on that eye-fucker.

Atari 5200

Here is the final list and why. (sorry for the broken english)

Dreamcast vita out : awesome games. a head of their time.
Vita get 3rd party support from most Japanese company and still do.
Failed on the west.
Dreamcast was what the neo geo failed to be. a affordable home arcade machine.

Neo Geo CD out : because even if the first version was dog shit thanks to loading time.
it still get full support from snk as nearly every game on aes mvs got a CD conversion.
cheaper than the AES.

new on the list for obvious reasons :
DD64 WIIU oiya.

New on the list for not so obvious reasons:

Wii and DS nearly killed the industry with the shovelware apocalypse, many studios closed on those times thanks to zero visibility of their games in retails shelves. as they been literally submerged by easy cash licence based games, poor ports and casual family oriented shit.
We are still paying the repercussions of Nintendo casual family marketing and hardware gimmicks

PS360 frankly speaking the last gen was the worst ever. yeah we had some nice things at the end but 2/3 of the time we had shit. kinect PSmove garbage hardwares (RROD cell bullshit) Game prices, Hardware prices. payed online. DLC and sometimes on disk, casual pandering.
So many shit to list it's more easy to just put the gen into the garbage bin.

Sega aimed exclusively for the Japanese market after the Genesis and look where it got them

3DO was a good platform

ftfy

>DS nearly killed the industry with the shovelware apocalypse

the ds has an amazing library get to fuck. You could say the exact same thing about the ps2

OK, I can understand the Wii argument but that hardly applies to the DS

only a few casual-bait shit games were made for it; compared to the Wii, it got way more core-appealing titles (unrelated: fuck y'all Phantom Hourglass kicked ass)

The Vita is a success in Japan, but was nowhere near as big a hit as the PSP. Vita has sold only like 15 million worldwide while the PSP sold 11 million in Japan alone (no doubt bolstered a shit ton by Monster Hunter) It also doesn't help Sony has literally stated "Yeah we don't make games for it anymore" and has stopped selling it in NA entirely

>fixed
>neo geo pocket still in
I mean I understand it wasn't a popular handheld, but there's nothing wrong with it

Neato

>neo geo
Neo Geo was DOA

The bootdisc exploit wasn't even discovered until like six months before they decided to stop production. Anyone who expects people to believe it had anything to do with the failure of the DC doesn't know what they're talking about.

Your list is way too arbitrary mate.

Yes and?
Still is a solid piece of hardware with good games.

yeah all 9 games, lol

Brand name and memory of previous hardware can make or break a console.
Why do you think the Dreamcast bombed despite being a decent piece of hardware?

The dreamcast didn't bomb in any conventional fashion, it sold well and had lot's of good games, especially in such a small window of time. It's just that SEGA was bleeding a lot of money in every difrection and couldn't make decent profit out of it. The arcade industry was also downsizing so all their profit margins were shrinking. so it had to be canned and essentially restructure the whole company.

>game boy advance

The frontlight was shit mate what are you smoking

what frontlight?

>thinking Japan is the only market that matters for a worldwide system
See: America and the Xbox 360.