In a lot of Japanese titles, they often have a lightly customizable player avatar to act as a surrogate...

In a lot of Japanese titles, they often have a lightly customizable player avatar to act as a surrogate. Is FE's Robin the only one where the male version is more popular than the female version?

>Creater your own donut avatar
>Except that hes clearly his own character and not a blank slate like the game implies at first
The faggot that came out with this shit deserves to be slapped with a brick

But he has no personality to make self-inserting easier. But then again, same can be said about Chrome.
It's the same as VNs allowing you to name the protag despite all the dialogues being predefined.

I find that really odd. I think FemRobin is better in every single way, even in gameplay.

Plus if you get Chrom'd, the story doesn't feel like it gets hijacked as much.

Persona 3

>even in gameplay.
???
You mean she can produce a stronger Morgan through eugenics?

she gets Galeforce, male Robin cannot. That alone makes her a better character

She gets Galeforce.
Which means she can also pass down Galeforce to Morgan.

f!Morgan can get Galeforce on her own with or without inheritance, regardless of the mother.

Reminder that galeforce was a mistake

I wish robin was both his own character and the sole protagonist

t. Telliuscuck

Personally I think it's kind of overrated. You have to first of all get it by going through 15 levels first and then what, you only get an extra turn after combat of which assumes that you're able to kill the enemy. Plus Dark Flier kind of doesn't compliment Sumia and Cordelia the best and where as Maribelle and Lissa have to reclass in order to access galeforce first.

For some reason I vaguely remember Male Morgan with Galeforce to be the strongest unit in the game. Although people who do resetless Lunatic+ with no DLC/grinding just feed female Robin every kill and have her win every map by herself.

All of your arguments for saying Galeforce is shit are retarded.

>you have to go 15 levels in second class

...ok? you will have to do this anyway.

>you might not kill the enemy

It's Awakening. You will 1 shot everyone.

>You have to reclass to get it in other charas
>implying changing characters to a better and actually offensive class with an OP skill is bad
huh.

Nigga the enemies actually get spongey in Awakening later on, and you seriously saying that not having Galeforce for a big portion of the game if you don't grind means that it's OP? And do you not know that if you want to avoid being forced to reclass to a base class when changing to a different class you have to first be at least tier 2 level 10 in order to reclass to a different tier 2 class? Yeah enjoy having Lissa and Maribelle with pitiful strength as a pegasus knight for 10 levels if you do it otherwise.

It's Awakening though. Every map is "rout all enemies" against a giant swarm. Galeforce is one of the few things that makes attacking in Player Phase advantageous.

If you like at the strategies for challenge runs of the game, it's always powerlevel Robin so she gets Galeforce and then have her run around killing everything.

Technically till after chapter 2 it's
>I really hope Frederick makes it
and keep reseting till he clears the map

Because he is sexy af

Yeah but male robin gets access to aggressor. Check mate

I can't cure mental disabilities, user.

It really is, especially when people do shit like pass it onto lucina right away. It's a strong skill but it's rather impractical to get it on a lot of characters unless you grind, at which point it doesn't matter since any character at that point will likely shit on the game.

That's the old strategy. The new strategy is take 80 turns in the prologue to safely have Robin chip everyone to death so she gets enough defense to solo everything from then on.

I only played as a girl because you can't have gay sex with Chrom 2bh

Because you want to be the self insert to romance the waifus

his personality mainly just being the straight man in an army of people with an overload of personality. Though he is also a bit of a workaholic who's always interested in learning new things about his friends. I agree about chrom lacking personality though.

Yeah exactly, if you bend over backwards so much at that point to give a lot your guys galeforce, they'll already have sick gains. What doesn't help is that children scale off from their parents' currents stats to determine their base stats so by that point, it's the stats that's helping them more than galeforce.

I play as a girl so I can get "raped" by Chrom.

honestly even though I liked robin I really wish the games would not include a self insert character, its just dumb and gets in the way of gameplay

>female Corrin is pretty much the only version of Corrin anybody gives a shit about
>almost every fucking Japanese mobage of note where there are distinct male and female avatars(e.g. Granblue, FGO)
>pretty much every Pokemon trainer from a generation with a gender choice besides Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, the female trainer is exponentially more popular
>female inklings are functionally the face of Splatoon, and the "official designs" for their single player MCs are female
>while Xenoblade Chronicles X barely distinguishes their player character, the most popular recurring design is the short-haired blonde
>even for a series where it's not even a consistent option, SMT and spinoffs like Persona have consistently had "female player character" as a popular fan request

Honestly, yeah, I think Robin might be the standout here. It helps that he has better supports than his female counterpart when they differ and better general chemistry with Chrom.

What's the stats on gender choice in western stuff like Mass Effect or even Halo Reach?

From what I remember male Shepard was like 8:1 or something

For Mass Effect something like only 15% of players ever played as Femshep, but she gets disproportionate coverage because fanartists/fanfic writers for the series tend to be women and games media liked hoisting her up as a badass female character and shit.

It's actually sort of a larger scale issue of what goes on with the Japanese crowd, where the fans who make the most content are either women or dudes who wanna jack off to the FeMC even when the playerbase is majority male.

The only difference between Robin and a non self-insert is you choose their appearance and they get the most Supports in the game.

Make them have a singular design and give Say'ri, Anna, Basilio, etc. other S supports and they'd be almost indistinguishable from Chrom as just another important character.

I understand your reasoning, but at the same time I feel like Japan would be less averse to cross-gender playing anyway, even when most players are male.

At this point, Robin does have a singular design since he is functionally his own entity anyway.

Everyone just wanted to marry Tharja.