Did they a make a version of this shit without this stupid ass light bar yet?

Did they a make a version of this shit without this stupid ass light bar yet?

for fuck sake

What's the point behind this anyways? Everyone hates it. It is annoying. Just why?

I like it. Stay mad

inb4 someone claims that it's the light that drains the battery and not the equally useless touchscreen.

Shut the fuck up stupid virgin idiot

Small price to pay for the best controller on the market

just turn the light off...

Put some tape over it if it bothers you so much

it cools down the controller you fucking retard, without it your hands will be a smoldering crisp.

>Stupid ass light bar
>Piss poor battery life
>Garbage triggers that press when you put controller down

Remind me how this is the best controller on the market again?

symmetry

i just assume it could be cheaper without it. i literally have never used it. why pay?

There is no touchscreen

Do they make a version of you that isn't constantly bitching

for fuck sake

the pad in the middle of the controller is touch sensitive, you can use it as a mouse if you connect it to your PC

You can't
Not an argument

Whats worse, a trivial light bar, or batteries?

The light is there so you can orient the charging cable when plugging it in in the dark.

how much do you think that light costs

That isn’t a screen.

I use the back bar to find my phone sometimes. Also fuck the construction on these things. My R2 button is completely stuck from somehow popping out by the bottom sear.

The battery life on the DS4 is fucking trash as well.

>he doesnt have a 10 foot charging cord
Not my fault that you are stupid

even if its cheap to add on it would bring the retail price down since the hardware is years old at this point and would be even "cheaper" without it.

I see the ds4 on sale frequently for 35.99. If removing it would save me another 3 to 5 bucks itd be worth it.

LED lights cost like 3 cents

plug it in your pc and go to steam controller options and turn the brightness to 0

A LED costs pennies

I do have a long ass USB cable, but what's the point of a wireless controller if I have to keep it plugged in all the time?

sony ripped out the required playstation move at the last second. their entire e3 press confernce that year was redone at the last minute as they were originally going to be doing the same thing MS was doing for the boner.

Oh I was talking about on the PS4, there's no option to.

>You can't
Huh? I'm pretty sure you can turn the brightness of it down to nothing in the menu

My ds4 lasts like 8 hours on a charge. Not sure whats with the battery life meme

It looks cool.

its flashes red and blue when cops are chasing me in gta 5

worth it

i'm aware, im saying remove it and change the design of where it shines through, giving sony an option to release a different SKU and bring the price down in order to sell more and give cheaper options to people who don't use it.

On the PS4 itself the most you can do is dim the light.

yes this one. also never had any problems with the light.

I like it when sometimes the color changes following what's happening in a game.

true

Wow, It's not just games, even the console's controllers are better on PC.

That's awful compared to the DS3, Xbox One, Wii U Pro, and Switch Pro Controllers. The Wii U Pro controller is literally 10 times that.

>>Garbage triggers that press when you put controller down
this happens on both my xbox and ps controllers, it's one of my pet peeves. ive fucked up some many youtube videos and netflix shows it pisses me off

d-did they forget the bottom half?

is it supposed to look like a fat joycon??

im confuse

I used to fucking hate how shitty the battery life of DS4 controllers were. I got a new one recently with a ps4 pro and the battery is way better. Only one I've used since they first came out. Did they upgrade the batteries?

It's almost as if they designed the controllers with playing games in mind, not leaving it sit on a table. Shocking.

Yeah it frustrated me so I started using my Hori Fighting Commander for media.

Then why do other controllers designed for the same thing not have that problem retard. It's a flaw.

i put duct tape over that shit day 1 and never looked back
i occasionaly get a random emote in bloodborne but thats about it

Just use your tv remote, most tvs let you control the system with the hdmi link anyways.

If you hate it so much why not just pop the controller open and disable it? It's like blocking 4 pins.
Shit is retarded bright and wastes battery like mad. Unless you have psvr it's worth it to disable the light.

i think they said it was just designed for kids

>wastes battery like mad
Not really, the rumble wastes way more battery than the lightbar ever did.

OFFICIAL TIER LIST FOR THIS CONSOLE GEN

>Xbone
>Switch
>PS4
>Steam

AND VR CONTROLLER TIER LIST

>Knuckles, probably
>Touch
>Vive wands
>gamepad
>literal shit
>PS move

>hurr ddududdurr dum dum lite hort mi eyes MI HATE
ITT: stupid fuckers that dont know how to turn it off

open the controller, remove the led put into your ass problem resolved

VR

it's really not that annoying.

>official tier list
>official
>just officially shit opinions
Nice, just what I was looking for

No, but you can dim it. I'm no longer suffering from glare on the TV screen.

You can't on the PS4. Only on Steam

It and the touchpad fuck the battery life

el oh el

plug that shit in faggot. tape the light. pretend it never existed in the first place.
Level2: Tape the touchpad for maximum PS3 controller

>being this new

Is this your first time on this board?

>It and the touchpad fuck the battery life
are you saying the touchpad and the light aren't annoying, but the battery life is? it's a bit unclear to me.
the only annoying thing I can say about it is the touchpad, but all touchpads are pretty bad, so it doesn't really stand out to me.

>switch that high
assuming you mean the pro controller (if you mean the joycons, jesus christ) it's still worst than the DS4 and gets docked points because you have to buy it separately. The triggers are just buttons with no gradual press and the D-pad is shit, it's a really comfy controller though, has a great battery life. This might have just been a problem with mine but I dropped it once from like 3 feet above the ground and it fucking broke.
>PS4
>Xbone
>Switch
>Steam
assuming we just mean controllers

Oh yeah my b, fuck the Joycons. I meant pro. It gets docked for the digital triggers, but I personally think a long battery life is better than analog triggers

The battery life indeed the annoying part to me personally, but it is caused by the lighbar and touchpad so those are also annoying. You can be annoyed at both the cause and the effect

>plug it in...always!
>just tape it up!!
>m-more tape! haha!!!

fuck you. sony makes billions they can fix their shit design so i dont have to rig up their shit for them.

I bet you defended the iphone having no audio jack too huh user

the d-pad is the worst part of the switch pro for me, the main reason I'd want a pro controller for switch is a d-pad for platformers (as the joy-con lacks one) but the pro d-pad is fucking garbage. they need to sell an alternate joy-con with a vita d-pad.

i have a pixel so idgaf about no audio jack you dumbo. Just go buy a longass micro usb you fucking dolt. They're cheap. Fuck, go ahead and see if Sony will buy you one, they've got BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, user.

I'm with you there 100%, I just also hate the PS4 dpad. The Vita dpad is the most underrated attribute of the console, why couldn't they have used it on the ps4

Has anyone bothered to check how much the light even uses electricity? Can't be much. It's a damn rgb led.

My mom thinks its beautiful

>move the goalposts
>make excuses for big companies
>brand loyalty

go and stay go

I have more of an issue with that super short charging cable and walled off batteries. I don't think I've ever seen so many gimmicks that were built into a base controller, though.

Just turn it off in the options if it bugs you so much.

>making excuses
thats what you're doing, giving yourself excuses to not like the controller for what it is. Instead, you're nitpicking over the littlest shit. I can almost guarantee that you have more than enough time to solve this problem on your own instead of bitching and moaning on Sup Forums about it.

Not gonna link to it because its a lot of anecdotal evidence on shit sites like neogaf and reddit, but a quick google search suggests that people who disconnect the lightbar ribbon find like ~33% increases in battery life, which is significant considering how useless the lightbar is

Not to mention the battery would last longer

Well aren't we a pedantic little cooz.

I see a lot of "dpad sucks" in these threads. What's a good dpad description/example? Clicky? Squishy? Big?

oh okay. I have my ps4 hooked up to my monitor so plugging it in to charge isn't too big a deal, just creates a bit more clutter on my desk than I would like.

Clicky and each direction has to feel independent. Vita d-pad was absolutely fucking perfect.

that pic makes me think that person is just a pig that doesn't take care of his shit.

I love it. It helps me find dropped Cheetos in the dark when I can't be bothered going all the way to the light switch across the room.

>No controller as great as the DualShock2 ever

Thats called a touchpad.

hits the nail on the head

every dualshock except 4 is fucking trash, I say this as someone who owns a PS2, PS3, and PS4.

You can turn it off anyways if you're using it on pc, which you should, cause the ps4 is shit.

Plus it changes depending on the color of the character youre playing in single player.

It also changes color depending on how much health you have left in The Last of Us (online or single player).
Anybody else know what other games do things like these?

Mine lasts like 6-7 hours wireless. The fact you need more time than that says a lot about your pathetic lifestyle.

gamecube dpad was aids

In Gems of War it changes color based on the last set of gems you connected.

Gamecube dpad wasn't clicky at all, everything about it was mushy and felt like a single button.

I wish I could turn it off, it's annoying
"Ooh it changes color" I don't give a fuck, let me turn it off, if idiots like it they can leave it on.
same goes for that useless giant rectangle, it's barely used and when it is used it's for something that could be easily done with regular buttons. oooh I can make the hud appear, ooh i can make a dup security scanner beep, YEE FUCKING WIZ
I want a normal select button, not a giant rectangle that's used more as a grandpa button instead of an actual touch pad,taking up unnecessary retail space.