Linux Gaming thread

How do we make Linux better for gaming?

Windows 7 is the best operating system. Don't let them lie to you. Anony kunony.

>Linux
Unless you’re running a server, you should be using Windows.

It's already bigger than windows.
What more do you need?

Linux is good enough already, there is simply not enough interest. Valve tried to do something and failed terribly, deal with it and install Windows.

fun games

Make graphics drivers that aren’t complete shit.

Why are we not Windows XP?

As long as games continue to use DirectX they won't be able to be played on Linux without using Wine and hoping it'll work properly.
The more games that start using Vulkan the more games will start natively running on Linux. Same with Nvidia actually wanting to make drivers for Linux that aren't complete garbage and needing to get an AMD card because they actually have native Linux drivers.

Ok, how do we make games go Vulkan or OpenGL?
How do we make Nvidia give a shit about Linux?

Devs don't want to learn another environment. DirectX is what they know and not enough mainstream users use a desktop Linux OS so they don't see the point.

>How do we make Nvidia give a shit about Linux?

They give a shit about it because it's where the main hardcore computation money lies.
When it comes to GPU companies, Nvidia actually cares about Linux the most, being a pretty big contributor to both OpenGL and Vulkan.
AMD cares as well but they simply don't have the money to keep the support up to a decent level. Hence why they bank on the open source drivers made by the community with minimal AMD support.
Intel is the retarded cousin no one talks about so they're not really concerned much, either way.

Mobile games are fun if you accept them for what they are. The successor to the shit you'd play on Newgrounds and shit, not fully-fledged games with all the belts and whistles.

Ps4 and switch don’t support DX fuck you

You’re a damn retard who doesn’t know anything nvidia is absolute garbage on linux

I dual boot experimentally. Outside of video game shenanigans, it's great. I can see myself going linux full time when 8.1 support ends in 2023.

I said it's the best of the bunch, not that it is particularly, jaw-droppingly amazing.
Go look at what it means to have an AMD card and trying to run it on Linux if you don't believe me.

AMD is who got vulkan going and nvidia is broken piece of shit on linux and even torvalds pulically takes a shit on nvidia

You’re a delusional monkey what the fuck are you talking about? AMD cards actually work on linux

Real fuck you is to nvidia for gimping gpgpu in gaming by half assing opencl support

Well mine doesn't and never will because X server dropped support for the outdated drivers in like 2012 and Vulkan currently only works on top of the line shit.

It's nice seeing DXVK improve