Infinitely better than the broken easy (garbage) series known as Knights of the Old Republic

Infinitely better than the broken easy (garbage) series known as Knights of the Old Republic.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W4iuO_4mJUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Answer me.

You fucking worms.

Thought it was ok with an ok plot twist.
Only thing I disliked was it was limited in areas and also you had to play a dude.
Hot chick with metal control powers would have been really damn nice.

Anyone else?

What's so good about it? Tell me and I might get it

I actually picked this up off of g2a yesterday thanks to your last shill thread. So far I'm enjoying it. I haven't had the chance to play a lot of it yet though :(. It's quite unique and the setting kicks asa

It's not perfect. Solid as fuck, though. I'll elaborate in a second.

I'm not a shill. I enjoy discussing whatever game I'm currently playing.

After 2 hours of gameplay i felt like ive already played it and i did. The game was called Mars: War Logs. Mediocre af

I'm fifteen hours in. Pretty sure it's forty hours long. Roughly. Think I read that.

The voice acting's fantastic. Plot's a little fucked. Feels like a few details got lost in translation. That might be due to me skipping through dialogue before the NPC's done talking. I don't know. I'm ADHD as fuck.

There's a ton of quests. They're all pretty interesting. Engaging. The outcome's different depending on how you handle shit. It's easy to fuck up if you're not paying attention. Karma system's fucking retarded. There's never been a good karma system, however. Easily forgiven.

Combat's fucking phenomenal. I'm playing on Extreme. Mace and shield. It's a very active system. Barely feels like an RPG. It's all about parrying/counter attacking/evading/and timing your abilities. Enemies are varied and force you to adapt. The fags with guns and grenades being the most challenging. So far.

Outside of that, there's not much to be excited about when opening chests. It's almost always crafting supplies. If that's what's keeping the combat balanced, however, then that's fine. I fucking despise games that are too easy. So many RPG releases get fucked once you find powerful equipment. That's why I don't understand the praise that the Knights of the Old Republic games get around here.

Unpopular game life support bump for the sake of actual (legitimate) video game discussion.

This game was hyped to hell and back and felt mediocre as hell.

It's fun for what it is - a derivative AA action-rpg
a shame it went so under the radar. I want to see their next game - Greedfall

>The voice acting's fantastic.
Are you fucking kidding me? The game is my guilty pleasure, but the voice acting is the worst aspect of the game. It's a miracle when they get some emotions across and the 3 or 4 male VAs didn't even bother to alter their voice for different characters.

>KoTOR
>garbage
No but I have been meaning to get this game. Is the combat like under-the-hood style like in KotOR or what?

Spiders will never rise above mediocrity.

Hmm?

They're getting better, but copying Bioware's formula with what must be the fraction of their budget is stupid. They need their own style like what Cyanide is doing.

>make cycling managers for years
>expand the offer to Blood Bowl
>now have the money for actual projects they want to make

Both Of Orcs and Men and Game of Thrones RPG are underrated. Janky and low budget, but good RPGs people overlooked for a variety of reasons.

Any webms of combat? How about character builds/classes?

>sequel is similar to previous game
no wai

Mediocre game. Enjoyed the characters but didn’t enjoy the combat

Most efficient build from my experience is guns and lightning. It lets you kite things during the tougher early game and shits out burst damage, taking down the frequent high HP random encounters quickly.

Mars war logs was better to be fair, Grant was a fun character.

There are 3 classes. Warriors (two-handed staff), rogues (dagger+pistol) and I think the tank class was called guardians (mace+shield). Each class has a primary, secondary and strong attack, individual dodge moves and its own skill tree. You can switch between those classes on the fly, but it's usually wiser to just stick with one from the beginning. There's also a fourth skill tree (to enhance your technomancer skills) that doesn't come with its own class, but is a good addition to the other ones.

In the end it's theoretically possible to max out all skill trees, since nobody has found a max. level yet, but that would only be possible through insane (and unnecessary) amounts of griniding.

you stop gaining skill points at around level 30 however.

Greedfall is looking alright, though it will probably just let me down like every Spiders' game, just good enough to let you down.

>wanted to play this game so badly
>got it on sale for a console I don't even own
>play it on friend's for maybe an hour or two
This game haunts me

All their games are basically the same except different setting. What says is true in a sense they're trying to ape Bioware when they really shouldn't.

The combat in this one was at least far better than Mars: War Logs and Bound by Flame. Hell it was arguably more tolerable than Lords of the Fallen. This studio has an insane trend of making interesting characters, worlds, and stories, then filling it to the brim with the jankiest combat in fucking existence. Technomancer seems to have done the opposite with fairly mediocre story/character/setting, but the combat even on extreme isn't ass-blastingly frustrating. A fucking parry mechanic that actually works was a godsend.

How could you not enjoy the combat? It's flawless. Only thing I dislike is draining faggots after the fight.

I am 50% sure this is pasta, but mostly accurate. Loot is boring and a lot of it is focused on just components so you can upgrade your shit. I also agree mace+shield on extreme is fun as fuck, but maybe a tad OP. It is near impossible for anything to break your block, so holding your shield up makes you invulnerable till you can drop it and line up a perfect parry.

However if you've played any of their other games, combat in this game is fucking miles and leagues better. Mars War Logs was fun, but those first hours are motherfucking impossible on extreme when everything 2-shots you and you go into fights with 5+ guys, solo.

>low karma shitters
Why the fuck do you need more serum? I haven't drained a single corpse, just finished chapter 1, and am at like 3000 serum with nothing of value to buy in stores.

Numbers aren't hidden. There's no combat log, however. No faggy D20 shit.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the voice acting. You might be right. I don't know. Might help that I read the subtitles and skip ahead.

It’s very tedious and repetitive, I honestly don’t get how others seemed to have enjoyed it. It also feels poorly balanced

Play Bound by Flame then come back. Its repetitive, but I'll take functional and boring to jank-as-fuck. It was a massive improvement in this game.

You need to differentiate between combat itself and encounter design.

When does the first chapter end? I had six thousand by the time I got kicked out and had to flee to Noctis. Plus all the shit I bought.

How does the karma system work? Will I find a few companions that enjoy killing people?

Nah. Not pasta. Those are my honest thoughts.

Picked it up for $7.
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, never got around to finishing it though.

>Poorly balanced.

Excuse me? I'm playing on Extreme. Every encounter is both fair and enjoyable as fuck. What weapon type did you pick?

I’m not sure why I would play something even worse.

No I don’t. Any given enemy has way too much health, and you end up wailing on him in the same way over and over.

Kinda surprised there wasn't more bitching about the fact you can't play as a woman. Then again, it's Technomancer and didn't have a tripe-A marketing campaign.

Staff at first, but then just focused lightning with a side of gun since it was far less risky

If you played on Normal, you're shit at video games. Sorry.

I didn’t and I beat the game without dying often (had trouble at the warehouse though) but it wasn’t fun

Sup Forums's retarded like that. Fags here are obsessed with pretending to be a cute girl.

Intelligent people know that static protagonists are always better. It's nice playing as an actual fucking character. With dialogue. Background. Personality. You know.

The atmosphere early on was actually really good, especially when you go out for the first time.

Weird. I'd have to watch you play. I don't understand where you're coming from. Even on Extreme enemies have the right amount of health.

Maybe I'll get what you're saying when I do a Rogue playthrough. I doubt it, though.

I found I had to lay into and back off from each enemy at least three times to kill them if I actually went into melee. Spamming lightning and bullets just felt more rewarding

Can Rogue characters parry and counterattack?

>hit an enemy three times
>first two hits stagger
>third hit causes them to immediately cancel their stun animation and whack you with an unavoidable attack

It's pretty shit.

I don’t honestly remember, been a while since I played it

This, I am very confused. I haven't used the other two styles, but Mace+Shield theoretically does the lowest DPS, and deals around 29-35 damage a hit. Repetative I get, but HP sponge enemies? Combat in melee boils down to
>rush in
>start slapping the nearest guy
>You'll get 2-3 hits guarenteed
>he dodges twice
>after the second dodge he's programmed to quickly counterattack
>you press block right after your second swing for a perfect-parry
>another 35 damage with a guaranteed 70+ crit after cause parry
>slap him twice more and he dies
They only have like 200-250 health. The bigbois, yeah you have to hit a few more times, and elite enemies can take a bit more of a pounding, but I just flat out don't get what you mean by 'sponge'. You have enemies to distract agro, you have a button dedicated purely to an unblockable and usually undodgeable interrupt that staggers all targets. The only real risk is being hit in the back if you miss a dodge or parry, or if you're 2slow and your two companions get downed while there's still 5-6 enemies left alive who all gang up on you. But EVEN THEN, you have explosives that do 100-120 damage as an AE, health potions, magic powers, etc.

I don't think so. Staff gets an AE spin2win as their special, rogues get the gun and stuns, shield gets parry and block.

You get two dodges, and its the most expoilatble shit. Since you KNOW its coming, when they do that first dodge you just need to remember to parry right after you try to slap them a second time and they dodge+attack in retaliation. All enemies do that to prevent spamming, but you can cheese it to gain a guaranteed crit with a shield or a perfect dodge with rogue.

Or yknow, just hit spacebar and do your stun move. Since they can't dodge that.

Because in any encounter there’s usually 3+ enemies. In the time it takes melee to individually combo each enemy a couple times to kill them, I could’ve spammed lightning storm and bullets and been done and gone. Melee just felt too slow with too much risk by comparison

Yeah. I'm the first dude you quoted. Using mace and shield. Not a single fucking issue. I wanna know if the other classes have the ability to parry and counterattack. Fuck Google.

There's nothing wrong with the way you played. It's the health sponge/unbalanced bullshit I don't understand.

youtu.be/W4iuO_4mJUE
A random video of gameplay

Between whiffs, enemy dodges, enemy blocks and amount of damage done combat just felt drawn out. Especially when ranger combat cuts the time into a fraction, it just felt tedious and unbalanced.

One second. I'll watch that.

Looks dope as fuck. Now I wanna do a Rogue playthrough.

What's a game that you'd say has a great combat system?

Is this life the Witcher?

sure mate, it was okey but it overstayed its welcome. You look silly if you compare this games story with kotor and that is not me saying that the kotor games are some kind of masterpiece.

People whined about it, but since the game never was that popular, it weren't that many.

Game was mediocre. Companion's presence both in story and combat is minimal, combat becomes tedious cause you have to redo the same encounters again and again, faction influence system is barebones and matters very little in the end.

Also, the 3 main combat styles become extremely monotonous after a while. The only fun thing is the technomancer powers.

Heck, as far as combat encounters go, I think I prefer bound by flame.

I loved how Metal Gear Rising felt for example. Felt very fluid and precise. Death felt deserved and if you know what you’re doing you can blow through enemies quickly. I don’t expect that level of gameplay from Technomancer mind you, but that is an example of great gameplay to me

As far as action RPGs go, Dragon's Dogma is much more interesting

Hold my beer.

Breaking the game and becoming godlike is the part of the fun in older rpg games.
Nothing more enjoyable than playing on hardest difficulty, building your character and 2 shot the last boss like the bitch he is.

never played kotor but I really did enjoy the technomancer. after a while though I got fed up with having to fight all the fucking time while running through the city trying to complete all the quests I could

didn't finished it because some nigger stole my ps3 and a bunch of ps4 games. I think I was just about to finish act 3

My negro. It ain't gothic, but they sure try.

Story doesn't mean shit when the rest of the game is fucking dog shit. Both Knights games are broken easy and boring. Yes. I played on Hard.

I don't think they were made with difficulty in mind

How challenging is it? I can't stand easy games. I don't want to become overpowered halfway through my playthrough.

Heard potions are too strong or some shit. That's why I'm worried.

No. The worst crime a game can commit is being too easy. Both Knights games are only one step above Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The fact that they got a positive reception just proves how awful journalism has always been.

I don’t understand how people hate this aspect of RPGs. You don’t have to play it like that if you don’t want to but the option to become an actual god is amazing and makes the grinding up to that point worth it.

Early game is bullshit with enemies one or two shotting you, so get your dark souls dodge roll game on.

I don't expect Ninja Gaiden. Don't get it twisted. All I want is to be engaged. Give me a modicum of challenge.

Both Knights games were a fucking chore. Boring as fuck. Sorry.

Despite that people still had problems with many parts of the game.

>How challenging is it?

Like any other piranha game. The first half the game is kicking your ass and then you kick the game ass.

KOTOR isn't that easy. At least on the first run. Once you get the shit figured out(like not advancing your starting class and just cheesing through Taris) it becomes easy.

What about late game? My favorite part about The Technomancer is how the difficulty's been perfectly balanced my entire playthrough. I'm only fifteen hours in, however.

I played Hard mode first. I don't think I died more than five times my entire playthrough. Probably less. I can't remember. No. I didn't use a guide. I knew nothing going in.

Game's a fucking joke. They shouldn't have used that D20 garbage.

You clearly played the wrong game for you, the gameplay is boring af in the KOTOR games, it's about the story.
I can only imagine them being boring if you don't care about Star Wars or skip all the dialogue because you don't care anyway.

>He actually died in KOTOR and claims it was easy
So you are a complete shitter acting tough, got it.

Kotor and techno are only similar in terms of techno pretending to be bioware when it comes to story and character interaction. I wasn't the one who made the comparison and i don't see the point in comparing the combat system when they are completely different.

You're correct in thinking I must not like Star Wars. It's a shit franchise.

That doesn't matter, though. The game could be my personal dream in regards to art design and story. Doesn't mean shit if the gameplay puts me to sleep.

The worst crime a game can commit is being too easy. That's a fucking fact. The goal should be to keep the player engaged. Not every game needs to be Ninja Gaiden. Every game does need to have a modicum of challenge, however. Seeing the Game Over screen shouldn't be a fresh experience near the end of the game.

I legitimately can't remember. I was being conservative.

Both games feel very similar. You don't see that? The only difference is that The Technomancer has a functional and engaging combat system.

>You're correct in thinking I must not like Star Wars. It's a shit franchise.
Why the fuck would you play a game known for being very story driven when you hate the universe it's set in?

>The goal should be to keep the player engaged.
I was engaged by the story, and the evolution in gameplay as you gain force powers makes it feel like a nice progression throughout the game.

If you're really going to come here and bitch about the difficulty of a game known for having very limited gameplay, then go fucking play it and not level up at all next time.

I'm capable of looking past a game's setting.

In all the praise both Knights games get around here, nobody mentions how shit the gameplay is. Nobody mentions how broken easy they are. When you enter a Knights thread, it's not uncommon to see people discussing how to create the perfect character.

I was mislead by the undeserved praise both games got.

>nobody mentions how shit the gameplay is

Plenty of anons mention that though.

>Nobody mentions how broken easy they are

It's not our fault you haven't seen videos of people 1 shotting malak.

>it's not uncommon to see people discussing how to create the perfect character

It's part of the fun playing an rpg game.

yes, but unlike kotor, technomancer is genuine dogshit without a single original idea or a soul of its own beyond aping nu-bioware cuckrpgs, doesnt have a single memorable or interesting character (let alone decent writing or even fucking voiceacting), a good artstyle or fucking anything that would make me waste time completing this turd. Dropped it in the sandnigger village and never looked back when I realized that it simply isnt getting better. Even IF the combat in this game was better than the kotor equivalent (which it isnt) it wouldnt mean anything when it still pales in comparison to games with actually good combat and the game has nothing else going for it

Bump.

I didn't see anyone mention that. Also, why would I look for vids of the final fucking boss?

The fact that you genuinely believe that The Technomancer has worse combat than the Knights games means you're too stupid to argue with.

I won't debate a literal fucking retard. Sorry.

>The Technomancer has worse combat than the Knights games

the combat in both games is a nonentity, in kotor its easy and about clicking when technomancer is harder and janky dogshit that still pales in comparison to any game with a real combat system. its a non factor in anything related to these games when even other RPG.s are blowing them out of the water (souls, DD etc). Technomancer is someones deviantart OC bioware game and youre most likely under 15 for being so impressed by it

Calm the fuck down. Also, you're praising Dragon's Dogma wayyy the fuck too much.

Not him, but honestly DD does blow Technomancer out of the water in every regard

Is it better than bound by flame? Because that game was fucking abhorrent

desu i liked the setting of bound by flame more, but the gameplay is pretty solid, just like the writing. desu only the antagonist needed more screen time.