Audio

Speakers or open headphones?
Whats better?

open cans are great

Closed headphones.

Dont those get hot af during the summer?
I got m40x and could barely wear them

IEMs

Stop living in a third world country?

I wear those headphones daily, can recommend.

What?

Are they fun for music and movies too?
dont they sound worse cause theyre so small

Do you have brain problems?

>Are they fun for music
>AKG's

hmmmmmm

There's nothing they sound bad with, but some will argue that you can get better bass out of other headphones, which I agree with a bit.
Love them for everything though, especially stereo separation and sound stage.

There are first world countries in a hot climate too, buddy

Not without AC.

>Sennheiser
Overpriced, overhyped and shit quality
>Sony
Overpriced, have to pay the jewhon tax
>AKG
hit or miss, shit plastic, shit elastic, lasts a year before stretching out
>OPPO, b&o, b&w
pay more for looks instead of sound
>Stax
a literal meme
>Beyer
Ear rape treble
>Philips
only good ones
>Audio Technica
Shrill garbage
>Shure
Distortion cannons
>hifiman
break the next day
>fostex
niggerbass

Just buy speakers op

I really want these but I'm not sure if PS4 controller can move them since they are 250Ohm. I don't want to buy an additional amp for PS4 because I already have an amp on my PC.

Speakers and a subwoofer.

>shit taste: the post

Which ones
max 1k euro

>dumb opinions from some kid who thinks he's an expert because he browses /hpg/
lol

Or maybe these because of the too sharp highs of DT990 but the problem with the controller remains

soyboy hd600 owner

speakers if you don't want to be a deaf nigger
headphones damage your ear and brain

You're not going to power either of those with a controller.

I made the mistake of Sennheiser only once.

How about the 80Ohm one?

Whats a good $100-$150 open headphones alternative to Sennheiser products?

what are some good headphone i can spend $100 on and be happy with

So just get a lower Ohm version of them.

>sony
>overpriced
Dont think so. They have cheap good that sound goodand expensive ones that use proper materials and sound even better. I got my MDR-1a for £119 new and philips fidelio x2 for £115(warehouse deal) and both are really good. Sony are foruse in public and travel and Philips for home audiophile treatment

>Node 804
Why do you have a dgpu in your server?

audio technica ath ad 700 or higher

Dunno then, I'm not yuro and that's over my budget. I've got a couple of ~$250 KEF bookshelf speakers and it felt like a revelation after many years of similarly priced headphones.

I have those and power them with an amp. It works with a PS4 controller, but it doesn't sound too great.

At that price range, open and closed aren't too different, but I could recommend the K612 if you like any sort of acoustic music. I use mine with my piano.

Yeah I probably end up buying the 80Ohm version of DT770. I have a gift card to a local store byt they have their only DT990 version is the 250 one.

also note very little bass on 700, a little better on 900 but still not great. never used senns so not sure how it compares

Oh you. I just like the case for how many drives I can stuff into it.

Can you guys recommend me a good headphone for PC, Switch and smartphone?
I can't choose between in-ear and over-ear. The former is great for using outside and while traveling, although the latter sounds a little bit better.

Really? maybe i should get kef q100 then

Do they sound considerably worse without amp when using them with PS4 controller or just too quiet?

any home theater systems

I went from V-Moda portables to Sennheiser's HD25 something something and then back to V-Moda.

I find in-ears horrible for gaming even when playing on the go

>plays on a TV

Nigger what the fuck are you doing...

Because they are the absolute opposite of comfortable

I'd recommend them, but if you've got more money to play around with, I imagine there's a lot of other good options. Definitely get a really nice subwoofer though, there aren't a pair of headphones in the world that replicate the visceral thrumming in your chest.

chest? Arent those kept at my feet?

Just worse, they're loud enough. Generally you'll have poor bass response when headphones are underpowered.

>not playing games in 4K HDR
Get on my level. I've since gotten a 144Hz secondary monitor though, thanks for asking.

Could you please explain I've never used "good" headphones so I don't know shits, soundwise
I don't have any problems with in-ears though. I also love the passive noise isolation.

I don't want to buy $70 headphones to get the same results as my $20 speakers
I can still pick up directional audio and that's all I require.
I'm not an audiophile. I'm an audiopleb and I wouldn't have it any other way.

There literally isn't

Australia

>Australia

Yes but that's the magic of low frequency.

california

Open headphones.

>sennshitter

Let me guess. You bought a chinese made low end Sennheiser because your favorite eceleb told you it's good and now you think the brand is bad?

No I just think the whole brand is soy tier overpriced for redditors

The feedback kinda sucks for voice chat, even if you're using push to talk you're annoying the fuck out of all your friends with your game sounds. Also, you'd hear footsteps better with headphones, that's a fact. And they don't need to be $70, either.
That being said, I use speakers too, just not for games where I need to hear footsteps and use voice chat.

Just get a nice mic and use echo cancellation and Noise Suppression.

If setup right it works great.

owned a pair of each of the V-Moda Crossfade models and none of them have sounded bad with anything. love that I can have as much bass as I want and get zero distortion that doesn't come from a bad quality song.

So you're just a poorfag. Got it.

Don't these break in a couple of months?

>>>/hpg/

headphones are better for multiplayer games especially shooters

Every friend who has that set up, I hear some explosion or something every time they talk.

Speakers, assuming they're not trash and you're not playing a game where attention to sound is integral.

Not an argument.

haha you fucking wish, lad. as a clumsy man, I banged up my first pair real good in the first year of owning them and there were hardly signs of wear and tear. my second pair which were the Crossfade LP2 ones really took a ton of abuse because I was lending it to friends and shit so there were tons of scuffs everywhere but were still in working condition. I'm a little bit skeptical about the Crossfade M-100 ones thought because it has a lot of moving parts so I'm kinda being more careful with these.

Speakers are better than headphones but you need to buy good ones.

open or semi open only, closed ones sound like shit, and you get better value for your money by buying headphones instead of speakers

first off, start off with a soundcard because realtek is shit and I swear they put these in everything.

These bad boys are fucking excellent.

>listening to headphones without noise cancellation from your whirrrrring PC

uh huh

>not owning a DAC and AMP

>having a whirrrrrrrrrrrring PC

Just have a proper, silent PC which is almost unhearable with any sound in your ears.

yeah, how do I do that without being forced to play in sub 720p?

Having a good GPU which doesn't use the power of the sun ?
Even my AMD Vega 56 can pretty much run anything without going thermonuclear.

>It's an audiophiles try to justify their $3000 cans episode rerun

Literally wasting money

Do you plan on using a mic
>Yes
Open headphones + mic
>No
Quality speakers

>not having good ears to notice the difference

>not owning STAX
what are you, poorfag?

such as?

everyone saying quality speakers
GIMME EXAMPLES
and no overpriced in europe ones

Get a 7.1 headset if you want to play shooters well.
I always prefer headphones to Speakers simply because I dont want to disturb anyone else.

>7.1 headset

Hey, it ain't perfect and it won't sound great but the directional audio is a god send

and you can get the exact same effect if not better via virtual headphone surround sound

Headphones are for poorfags.

Full speaker system with a receiver can cost up to $5000. THis is what real adults with a job buy

lmao bro just get lsr305 ;)

i showed my chad friend my heaphone setup and got laughted at

>

Depends on how I feel or the time of day.

Speakerfags, do you ever use a microphone?
Might get one for work and games with friends and I assume that I'll just have a constant echo when I chat

see

I will always love speakers more for general multimedia but headphones are arguably better for music.

>aw yissss... got muh speakers set up with TV...
>time to watch a youtube video of a dude putting things in his station wagon and bask in its aural glory!!

God-tier Sony MDR 7506, lasts 20+ years and is jack of all trades so you don't have to make these stupid discussions...

Ironically, you could make the exact same picture and argument from authority with either of those:
>DT770
>MDR-V6
>AKG K240
And probably some other which are only slightly less famous.

And you could make the argument that speakers are objectively superior, since they have a better tonal balance on average.