DOOM

>get DOOM on the Switch
>looks great
>everything moves really damn fluid
>plays great thanks to being able to use the gyro aiming for fine tuning
What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-19-bayonetta-2-physical-switch-sales-down-on-wii-u
siliconera.com/2018/02/21/week-sales-debuts-secret-mana-remake-bayonetta-1-2-switch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they made a great port of a great game nbd

It’s sadly an exclusive to a shitty console

Doomguy confirmed for Smash

>everything moves really damn fluid
Yeah I love that silky smooth 20fps.

>looks great
put your glasses back on and look again lmao

>watches slide show
Damn this is a nice fluid slide show

It's a genuinely good port. The biggest problem is that it's 30fps.

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. You would think otherwise if you read people online though. Like this guy: I honest to God can't see what's wrong with it, it does move really damn smooth.

How is it a shitty console when it can move the game just fine and play it almost as good as in a PC?

That'd be fun.

Only really goes down to 20 on the end game levels at higher difficulties. Besides that it's a stable thirty. It uses an interesting combination of motion blur and slowdown to make the lower framerate seem smoother than it actually is. Instead of skipping frames it kind of enters slow-mo, which is preferable but still janky as fuck in heated fights.

Overall, pretty good port, got to finally beat the game since my GPU died.

How are the motion controls?

>exclusive
What?

Games get patched, anons. Doom runs better on switch than Halo ever did on Xbox and has gyro a now

Oh, wow, 30! You've completely changed my mind, that's a totally acceptable framerate, especially for a high motion FPS game! Sign me up!

Can you play with both joy-cons detached and aim with one of the joy-cons?

Really damn great. They complement the sticks perfectly and they allow you to fine aim and correct your aiming with a lot of accuracy. Also, unlike in Splatoon, here you can still use up and down in the stick, so it's a lot easier to get accustomed to it.

Really cool to see such an enthusiastic gamer on Sup Forums!

>aim with one of the joy-cons
Like on the Wii? No, it uses gyro aiming, not IR. Which means you can just play like any other console shooter and just move your wrists a bit to fine tune your aim. It's a lot more comfortable.

Have you played it? Because it's totally fine when you're playing it.

Should I get this on Switch, Xbox One, or PC?

Pc if you want the best framerate, visuals, and mouse aim. Switch if you are gonna be traveling a lot and want an awesome game to take with you on the go.

PC > Switch > the rest.

Wii aiming:
>See an enemy to my left
>Go to turn left
>Cursor goes off the screen
>Stuck until I can re-adjust my aim
>End up looking the other direction
>Already dead

yeah like you can in splatoon

PC, Xbone and PS4 will NEVER EVER get the Switch version of DOOM

Sure, but this is nothing like that. Here you use the sticks to move in the general direction of the enemies, just like in any other console shooter, but then you just slightly move your wrists to fine aim. There's still an aim reset button, but it's not really necessary most of the time.

>600p
>sub 30fps, especially on higher difficulties
>lower than lowest graphics settings
>removed content
But hey you get shitty waggle so TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO

>removed content
elaborate pls

You don't even notice when playing it tbqh

See, this is what I'm talking about. You keep spouting arbitrary numbers, yet I just played the game and, as a matter of fact, it looks great, it is really smooth and I'm certain that it plays better than in any other console ever. Pretty sure we've reached a level of performance where it's good enough so anything above it is not that much better anyway.

Whining about numbers regarding video games he will never play is the closest he will get to sex.

this destroys Sup Forumsirgins

PC are Switch are the two best versions. Everything else is irrelevant.

No snapmap.

Snap map was shit.

Arbitrary numbers?
It runs at half the resolution and framerate of every other version.
I know you Switchies are thirsty for something to play in 2018, but leys not pretend this isn't a terrible port.
Your ability to accept mediocrity does not a good port make.

>extra content that every other version gets is shit
The absolute state of Nintendo fans

>It runs at half the resolution and framerate of every other version.
And yet it doesn't matter at all. Thanks for further proving my point:
>Pretty sure we've reached a level of performance where it's good enough so anything above it is not that much better anyway.

In the year 2018 people defend 500p 20fps and prefer it over 1080p 60fps.

Not all of us fester in our bedrooms all day long as perma-virgins in mommy and daddys house.

Some of us are adults with adult shit to do. I'm quite pleased about having my sweet portable Doom for business trips.

>2018
>I'm still angry and edgy about videogames online

Damn

Because in the year 2018 graphical improvements are not impressive at all. They've barely been noticeable in the past 10 years, in fact. It's time for you to change the obsolete way you think about video games.

In 2018 he's stuck in his bedroom.

It really is a big deal when you compare it to what else is on the switch.

>play it almost as good as in a PC?
What's up with Switch fags being so retarded? No games so you have to shitpost?

dude chill lmao

>hey've barely been noticeable in the past 10 years,
For nintendo systems sure. Oddysey looks no different than Galaxy, and BOTW looks no different than TP.

Then compare Dishonored to Dishonored 2, Uncharted 3 to 4, Doom 3 to new Doom.

How much is Nintendo paying you?

>he still doesn't know how amazing gyro + sticks are
It's the closest thing to a mouse you'll ever get on consoles, dude.

Your eyes sound fucked up senpai

>I-it doesnt matter when it gets so blurry you can't see!
>I-it doesnt matter that poor framerate affect control responsiveness

The Switch version exists as the worst version period, moreso when no one fucking takes it outside and the portable mode is dog shit for most games.

hell yeah brother 30 FPS is LITERALLY unplayable. I remember when my older bro showed me 24fps n64 games and I wanted to VOMIT.

PCMASTERRACE FTW!

>He doesnt know about the steam controller.
i actually pitty you.

They look slightly better I guess? Nothing mind blowing, that's my point.

Absolutely nothing. I just decided to make this thread after seeing how good Doom is on the Switch, after months of people saying it was shit.

>i should keep my standards low because nostalgia.

hah, kill yoruself.

>Resolution clarity is now an issue of graphics
There is a reason more people perferred to develop on the PS1 because the N64 looked like a vasaline smear.

>in the year 2018 graphical improvements are not impressive at all.
If you only play Nintendo games, I can imagine this is the case because Nintendo hasn't evolved their shitty visual style since the Gamecube. Now everything is cartoony/celshaded, performs generally shitty for the scope, and has PS2 tier textures that make early PS3 games look impressive.

>My reading comprehension is shit.

>stable thirty
lol
You haven't seen a game run smoothly in your life

>30fps
>gyro being polled at 30hz

>Pretty sure we've reached a level of performance where it's good enough so anything above it is not that much better anyway.

If sub 30 fps is acceptable to you, that ain't my problem nigga.

>may 2016
>doom 4 releases
>reviewers shitting on the MP left and right, Sup Forumsirgins doing the same
>play the game a year later after a sale, never touch multiplayer
>saw the switch news about doom recently and decide to try the multiplayer
>it's actually fun

It's not the best thing in the world, but a good time waster. The loadouts, ranks and customization it's not that bad, and the gunplay and gamemodes are varied, with a lot of weapons. People expected another quake 3 or what? I don't get the hate.

The game universally praised as the best video game ever made runs at unstable 10 to 20, so it should be acceptable to anybody.

Never trust reviews.

No one fucking cares, then I'll just play with a mouse. No one wants to use gyro aiming on a portable console.

You sound upset.

I have a Switch, and I am upset. You faggots are the most annoying fanbase on the planet. Kill yourself and save the gene pool.

Why would they want it
The only feature that is exclusive is gyro controls, which isn't gonna be the same as a mouse

>arbitrary numbers
and yet your vaguely described arbitrary opinion is expected to be worth reading?

"Looks great" means anything or nothing depending on who's saying it. Solid numbers actually give a point of reference. I know what 30fps and 600p look like.

It was among the top ten best-selling Switch games of this first year in the US so they just made a good port and were rewarded for it.

>so they just made a watered down game for the system starved for games and were rewarded for it.
Switch general.

Video games are more than stats and numbers. They're games, they're supposed to be fun first and foremost, and that is subjective. Everything else is secondary, so subjective feelings are more important than objective ones.

And now it's even better since it has the best controls this side of PC.

>broad negative generalizations about a version or a game you've never played
Retard general.

shut the fuck up Timmy

>he tries to pretend the steam controller's pads aren't complete asshole for anything but RTS and similar slow-paced/strategic games

Bayonetta 2 Switch flopped hard even with the starved for games sales bonus, it's really fucking bad game

>Bayonetta 2
>bad

It sucks that Snapmap was taken out but on the other hand I'm not actually broken up about it outside of dank Sup Forums shitposting about removed content, it was limited, Beth-Zenimax pretended it was a fair trade for no official modding support, and most creations with it were just flatly not fun

It's consistently a best-seller on Amazon, what's with the meme that it's a complete and utter failure?

>Bayonetta 2 sold fewer physical copies at launch for Nintendo Switch this week than it did when it arrived on Wii U
>Bayonetta 2 on Switch Fails to Reach Top Ten in Sales Chart
>Bayonetta 2 Sales On Switch Below Expectations

OHHNONONONO

>series that's always sold like shit continues to sell like shit
Cool story

>game that understandably sold poorly on the Wii U somehow sells EVEN FEWER COPIES on a console with 10x the userbase

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING

>Bayonetta 2 Sales On Switch Below Expectations
eTeknix articles you found on google to support your bait and which are panned in their own comments sections aren't good indicators of how it did user

>Bayonetta 1 never sells well
>Bayo 2 doesn't either
You're literally retarded

Why doesn't the PS4 version have gyro aiming?

Because the PS4 is for casual fucks that don't know any better, so they never bothered.

Oddly it's Nintendo systems that seem the biggest proponent for motion-control shooters even though by all rights other consoles should be capable of it

Where the fuck did the rumor came from Bayonetta is doing bad on the Switch

What are you on about ?Halo runs at 60fps on xbone doom runs at 30 on the switch

Retards desperate for trolling, as always.

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-19-bayonetta-2-physical-switch-sales-down-on-wii-u

Is Doom VR shit?
It seems like it'd be shit. It's just slo-mo teleporting for movement right?

>slo-mo teleporting for movement
Jesus fuck, really?

>no numbers
>no source
What I said, fucking retards desperate for trolling.

Last I saw

Why the latching on to Bayonetta doing poorly, though? It's a niche game in the first place, stylish-action games like that have always done pretty badly but had a huge following, the notable exception I can think of is DMC4 wildly outpacing expectations and doing better than DmC over lifetime. Or is it some goofy "newest release doing bad = switch doing bad!!!" shitposting?

I don't get it, man.

>pre-patch
LMAO

siliconera.com/2018/02/21/week-sales-debuts-secret-mana-remake-bayonetta-1-2-switch/

The fact that you can't aim up and down in splatoon pisses me off so much, I'm very competent with my stick controls so I find it better to get an aim close with sticks then gyro to fine tune the shot. Splatoon doesn't let me do that and it really fucks with me, I can never get the sensitivity right because of it and I have to play the game without gyro.

God why is Airplane such a good movie

>jaundiced bald retarded motherfucker
Sonybros everyone