Do you hear that sound?

its the sound of Nintendo never getting a shitty portable monster hunter game ever again

console war flamebait

It's too bad that it's a casualized cinematic experience. The high metacritic and high sales just cement the fact that it's been watered down for a wider audience.

too bad the game barely lasted a week

>Casualized
Say it with me. QUALITY. OF. LIFE. IMPROVEMENTS.

nooooooooo it should be poorly designed, clunky, unnecessarily convoluted and time consuming so I can say it is hardcore

>Tfw 65 hours in
>Only HR15
>Still having a blast slowly progressing through the story

No-life autists who marathoned the game in a week don't deserve to complain

If I can finish endgame content in between my job, gym, and all the other shit I have going on in a week, it's not much of a good investment

yeah fuck Dark Souls for being "clunky" we should demand an "easy mode" for it.

It's none of those things. I like World's but the 3ds games are fantastic. Only thing world's has over them is a better controller and graphics. Which are pretty nice, but don't really make the old games bad.

>No-life autists who marathoned the game in a week don't deserve to complain

That's the game fault for having shit endgame content and gating off new monsters in between months at a time. See in you in a year for the inevitable Ultimate World.

>sells gorillions on the DS's
>sells decent on wii
>implying XX wont sell quadrillions
>implying shitcom will let go of a money cow just because a console title sold extremely well

>tfw 100 hours in
>only HR13

I started with two other friends and if one of us doesn't play on a particular day we usually don't continue with quests we haven't completed together. Most of the hours went into helping other people in SOS.

Do you ledditors actually believe that?
4th gen was released over 4 years and sold almost 15 million. It was made from recycled PS2 assets and paid for with bits of string and gum that Capcom's CEO found in his pocket.
World is a full AAA production with a gigantic marketing budget.

>its the sound of Nintendo never getting a shitty portable monster hunter game ever again
So you're saying they will only get great portable monster hunter games?
Good for them I guess.

Monster hunter will fail, you can't stop it.

>cinematic experience
>any game not on a Nintendo console is a cinematic experience now.

>anf this why we cant have nice things

>Soulslet trying tro discuss monster hunter
Like pottery.

>large amounts of unskippable cutscenes

S E E T H I NG

>another console war thread

>the grapes were sour anyway
lel

Fuck, and this game came out 4 days before the end of January.

CAPCOM IS BACK, BABY

Don't feed the ACfag.

>i_was_only_pretending.png
You get few moments long intro for a new monster swooping or jumping in.
Are you really going to call that 'large amounts of unskippable cutscenes'?

Did you ever played real MH, sonypuppy?

I wish they hadn't fucked up the online. The way they had it was perfect, gathering hall should have stayed separate. Guess they couldn't force normies to solo the story

>REEE MUH NORMIES.
Why are you having so much trouble soloing the story?

>Burned through a game that most people say takes 50-ish hours to get through the main story in a week
>Apparently did all this other shit in the week as well

I feel like you're either lying about something or you haven't actually gotten as far as you're claiming

Dark Souls really isn't that clunky. People say this because you can't cancel attack animations

Just play the game solo then. Don't fire off SOS flares or don't join online lobbies. They're not forcing you to play online at all

As if I care about the monhun now that it's casual

By end of march 2019 it'll have 35M userbase.
Is Capcom going to ignore this number because Sup Forums thinks you can't have Monster Hunter on different formats simultaneously?

I'm still hoping for XX to get localized. I'm playing the shit out of World right now but more MonHun is always better.

This is how I feel. Put those things in a game like 4U and I may never need another game.

Cutscenes are literally just on top of regular monster hunter

Just download the translation patch if you have a cfw 3DS.

nibba you get unskippable cutscenes before and after every single story quest

Yes.

Did you ever learn proper grammar?

Dark souls isnt clunky and monster hunter isnt clunky anymore >soulsfag

No they're not. One good game doesn't mean capcom is getting their shit together.

Is that what people were saying when Portable 3rd btfo of Tri when it became the highest selling MH until now? That nintendo would NEVER get it back after the blunder that was tri?

It's good that it sold buy holy fuck I'm already bored of it and only 100 hours in when the older MH games lasted me at least 400 hours.
Should have waited for the Ultimate/G -version and not fall for the hype.

>Do you hear that sound
Of children and console wars? Yes, and it's embarrassing. Hope you're still a teenager OP or your adult life is gonna be super awkward.

Fuck off Nintendo fat. We were having a good division Britt your assumed ruled the thread.

You know there's more then 50 hours in a week, right user?

nice buzzword

No one is debating mathematics you idiot. He's saying you'd have to play minimum seven hours a day. That's all your free time unless you actually don't have a job or are cutting into your sleep. It's not normal, so let's not pretend it is sweetie.

>Buzzword
Nice buzzword

this It's not adding up with your claims unless you're just not sleeping or you "work" from home

OG and Dos are kind of subpar when compared to the PSP entries, especially FU. Tri and Portable 3rd may be the easiest, but they are the best IMO. 3DS games were kind of bad, or at least a step down from those two games. World doesn't reach the highs of FU, Tri or 3rd but it is miles above 4U and XX.

So what would qualify a good portable title? Ones with World's assets?

Not subtle enough but good try.
Trying to falseflag as a sonyfan is really obvious when it comes to MH threads.

I absolutely love how son*ggers are so in delusion over the success of one game that they are suddenly thinking Capcom doesn't need Nintendo anymore.

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Generations and XX is on the Switch. Let's ignore the fact that Resident Evil: Revelations 1-2 are on the Switch. Let's ignore the fact that Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and Ultra Street Fighter II are on the Switch. Let's even ignore the fact that Megaman 11 is coming to Switch.

And before you start never ever-ing and saying I'm a nintentoddler, I got both a Switch and PS4. I've played MHW. It's good and addictive but it could have a lot more. It's no masterpiece.

>soneyfan
>likes tri
>doesn't like the first two games

Wat, dude are you really that paranoid about muh console war? I did say that I like Tri which is on the Wii and Wii U. I just like Monster Hunter dude.

Fuck off, Monster Hunter was shit before Freedom 2.

Eh, we can always get Monolith to make a monhon clone for us. It's not like the Switch needs Monster Hunter for it to succeed here.

Yeah, OG and DOS weren't that good. Series got super good once it reached the PSP. I personally think that those improvements were refined to almost perfection with Tri, but that's probably just me.

That's not my point lol my point was that he isn't "trying to falsefag as a sonyfan" because he doesn't like MH games released on a sony console as much as he likes one released on a nintendo console. I think he just likes Monster Hunter

>quality of life
>no g rank
Lol

>His first MonHun was 4U
lol

>Nintendo fan

Lmao

>Teostra's supernova

>He says owning a 3DS for MH

3U actually

Honestly, P3rd was the big gamechanger as far as Monster Hunter went. This only improved into 4/4U and then had a sidegrade with X/XX.

World feels like a drop in moveset quality though. Weapons were either gutted to be retard proof(Bow), changed to favor a gimmick that is now superior to standard play(SnS), or removed important moves from the moveset(Switchaxe and Gunlance). A lot of people are just drawn to the new flashy moves but fail to realize some of core mechanics of the weapon were weakened as a whole. Also those HH nerfs weren’t pretty.

Source for this post? I want to see the replies.

It's less the movesets being fucked up and more the movesets being imbalanced with certain moves being way too spammable with how strong they are. Capcom can and will release balance patches for the game so we'll see how they handle the balance for these weapons.

surely bayonetta 1+2 topped the sales for February though, right?
I mean, with all those people with switches and the amount of hype the bayonetta series gets among nintendofans, the game should have easily sold 2m+

world is fucking garbage
zero challenge, no content, worst monster roster in the series, shit weapon designs, worst equipment balancing yet

The whole foundation for many weapons are fucked right now. No patch is going to fix that.

Tri and P3rd are trash my man

>the amount of hype the bayonetta series gets
Lol

>P3rd
>trash

The door’s right there, Worldnigger

Tri had the same problem, and then P3rd fixed it (but also made monsters do 0 damage and gunners twice as strong as blademasters so whatever)

World is bad too, doesn't make P3rd any less trash.
>monsters do 0 damage outside of a tiny handful of event quests and have dumbed down movesets compared to Tri
>blademasters are literally irrelevant before the gunner master race
>blademasters have 0 variety in useful equipment, 1 set, 1 weapon, that's it

balancing should have no impact on your evaluation of a game's quality, all that matters is how fun it is when you're using the best stuff. why does anything else even matter?

Even better: those fucking Japs had to suck it up and play World on a console.

They can take their mobile fetish and shove it up their ass.

If World was as successful as it was on a console, imagine how well it would do on a handheld.

Thankfully, we don't have to.

I do wonder what a non-port Switch MH would do though

Capcom can't be dumb enough to not try considering how their other shitty games sold on the thing

go ahead bitch and moan about the dumbass little cherry picked reasons you hate monster hunter world, get mad and complain all you want mobile gaming is straight tarded and you will never see another monster hunter on and your bulshit Nintendo consoles, she belongs to sony now

>she belongs to Sony now
lmao Sonyroaches trying to make it seem like a multiplat is exclusive again, especially when they have the worst version

you mean with tiny maps clunky, horrible graphics and 20 fps that would half the amount of money that any console version

OP said Nintendo wouldn't see shitty MonHun games, so they'll only see good ones

>Literally every single non-G-rank MH game except online shits
kys

>SEETHING

I'm still convinced Monster Hunter Portable 5 is going to be a Switch game. Unless Sony pulls some kind of Vita successor out at E3 with Portable 5 in the announcement trailer, the Switch is the most logical place for it.

>It's the HHcuck
>AGAIN
kek

>Portable 5 comes to the switch
>improves upon the styles and art systems instead of being a bitch and ditching them entirely like A team does with water
>apex monsters come back but without the wystone bullshit or armored body parts
>more interesting new monsters
>gameplay stays true to the series
>all the casual shit stays on world

One can dream.

You're right, you won't have to when Capcom releases the next Monster Hunter game on Switch.

>Literally every HH main is bitching about it being nerfed in terms of songs, weapon variety, and motion values
>”It’s the same person!”

Fuck off. I don’t even play HH, but there is hard evidence proving it was nerfed quite a bit.

Speaking of shitty portable MH games: Just got online play working on my copy of MHFU if anyone wants to join, I'm in Gathering Hall 1 if anyone wants to hop in. I'm on the PSTV if that matters. I should mention that I'm only HR1 atm and I've never played this game online before, so please excuse my scrubbery.

I want it on the switch so I can play with my homie. I have Generations on 3ds already.