Did STALKER and Metro make anyone else a Slavaboo?

Did STALKER and Metro make anyone else a Slavaboo?

Other urls found in this thread:

osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21463
youtube.com/watch?v=qLk8EpBcsbU
youtube.com/watch?v=GTWMnsIqdBE
youtube.com/watch?v=sbOIz6tDwkA
youtube.com/watch?v=xB2JBghZ_MU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, because I'm not an impressionable faggot and know how shitty Slavic countries actually are

this
t. guy from slav shit country

>not being an impressionable faggot
you're missing out

I've been all around Livonia before, it's garbage. Anything east of it is even more garbage

I'm a slav, nothing in the world could make me a slavaboo.

Certainly influenced me and I'm not a "slavaboo" but I genuinely think Russian is an amazing language and would not mind working and living in a East EU country tbqh famalam.

Take a vacation or a business trip there then. I assure you, it's complete shit. Even Riga is far below the standards of New York City. In most of the shithole east EU countries, a mile after you leave the city, it's all manufacturing, so the cities are polluted as fuck and smell bad.

Having been to Russia, unless you're a millionaire living in Moscow, then it's shit

yes

That's already planned in the not so far future.
I'm not pretending they're beautiful rich places full of high standard but honestly I'm not some sheltered soyboy faggot who runs screaming because of some grey buildings and some menacing looking gopniks.
Planning to go to Russia and Ukraine.

I've actually heard from Russians that if you have a decent profession (Not neccesarily lawyer or CEO of a business) you can actually live comfy.

I kinda want a slav woman too for reasons undisclosed

Good for you for trying to culture yourself, but take my word that it's shit. Especially don't go to Ukraine, they're in the middle of a Civil War
If you do go to Russia, I'd suggest Moscow. Check out the Kremlin and Boishoi

No, they are fascinating games and countries, but they're shitholes. Just like I'm an unironic weeb but I'm not so retarded to think that Japan is the best country in the world, although it is prime vacation destination

I know that they are but I've again heard that so long you stay away from East Ukraine it's completely peaceful (As much as Ukraine can be)
Besides the whole civil war is kinda interesting aswell.

What about Novgorod? It seems kinda "comfy" and I'm honestly not a big city guy but more of a rural/country guy.

>willingly inronically wanting to live in slav shithole
It's like you people live in your own little bubble and assume everything everywhere is the same, aside from which language people speak. But you will not listen to people in this thread, then you will go to Moscow and tell people "it's not that bad". There is a reason russian interwebs have sayings like "there is no life beyond MKAD" and calling Moscow "default-city".

I have no opinion/info on Novgo, I've never been there but I know it was a really important city in antiquity

East Ukraine is still a total shithole even though there's no fighting
>government is completely corrupt and is basically despotic
>one of the highest crime rates in the world because economic sanctions crippled the economy and left lots of people without jobs
>law enforcement will fleece you constantly for being a foreigner

Ukraine is the Congo of Europe

Yeah and pictures of the city remind me of some places in my country.

If that is the case I'm not going to linger that's for sure - but I am staying away from East ukraine as mentioned - I'm most likely gonna go Odessa or Kiev.

If you a Russian, which city has the highest probability of a foreigner being able to assimilate and get job that pays the bills that ISN'T Moscow or St. Petersburg?

> Self-hating

>did literal trash make me a Russia shill

no

I'm actually an American. I worked for Harris (makes radios and electronics) so I've been sent all around the world for military contracts. (the worst place I've ever been is Algeria or maybe Mongolia. They're tied for me)
No idea, but I've heard really good things about Russia's exclave, Kaliningrad. It's basically Russia lite. A more westernized version of Russia with a nice degree of modernization and comfiness

almost. if there was another noteworthy series similar to these two, or if STALKER didn't die, i'd've sold everything i owned for track suits and gas masks

if anything they showed just how shit the place is. I mean the zone doesn't look like some whimsical anime land and neither does Russia

there's something really nice and magical about the zone and the setting though which really draws you in

Neither stalker nor metro are russian.

I'm a South Slavboo.

Ukrainians are Russians speaking a dialect

Well Metro at least takes place in Russia.

yeah but it isn't supposed to be appealing. I really does reflect the general atmosphere of Russia. You can feel it even when looking at photos of the old commieblocks and ghettos. stalker is great but it does in a way it shows the problems with russian life

No booism is for retards
And I'm already a slav and it's nothing special

This. Ukraine isn't a real country. Just like Belgium. Just like Germany. Just like India.

probably (marginally) better off going to central asia instead.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 also takes place in Russia.

Guy from a slav country here. I love eastern yurope and would never want to move here if given the chance.

>*move from here if given the chance

>a decent profession

Only if you have relatives or connections in desired sphere. Even qualification and skills do not help sometimes. Nepotism is god and king in Russia.

Love both games, and they have tiny bit, but not overly so. There's always some idealization that come out of any media that you enjoys that portrays a country/culture

I mostly like the sound of Russian and would like to learn it and go on erasmus in eastern europe, maybe spend a couple years working there if I enjoy it.
I realize slav countries aren't all that wonderful but it doesn't mean I can't be curious

I'm mostly interested in experiencing cultures that are different from my own tbqhwyf

this only works if you have connections or shit that allow you to live here with ease instead of a real honest job

you'd know what kinda shitholes we are in
and especially if you ever have the misfortune to end up on the court/inspection system

Nigger, I was born here and lived here my whole life. Only reason I'm even having the idea of moving somewhere else is because of our western dicksucking politicians who keep running the economy to the ground and fucking everything up just to be able to suck up to the EU and US.

>>government is completely corrupt and is basically despotic
It's completely incompetent to be despotic.
>>one of the highest crime rates in the world because economic sanctions crippled the economy and left lots of people without jobs
Wrong. People don't starve, there is enough jobs for that, and it's literally safer than Russia that has no war right now. Check the stats.
>>law enforcement will fleece you constantly for being a foreigner
Wrong. Foreigners are treated well.

c++ developer from SPb here, don't know what are you talking about. Get shitloads of money, bought appartament, repayed loan in advance. No relatives, no connections. Don't know what to do with all the money. Put them into arse? There's no much place anyway.

You won't assimilate. You won't. You can't become Russian, that's not America. Just as you won't become Chinese coming and living there, you won't become Russian. Forget about it, you and your children will always be outsiders.

And people like Volga germans?

Were deported to Kazakhstan and Siberia in Stalin's time, in 90s all returned to Germany.

I visited Riga and it seemed fine? Much nicer than Paris that's for sure.

LMAO. Ukrainian here. People who can't get a decent job are usually just dumb. Slav countries are good at filtering plebs.

Go home Ukraine scum
osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21463
>HIGH threat

Who never assimilated really? You got the point.

True, Paris is overall shit but has better development. Riga has charm, but a lot of it is slums, versus Paris is nice an expensive but the impoverished have invaded every street.
I haven't been to Riga since 2002 though so maybe it's gotten better but I doubt it. New York City is better even though it sucks ass

I'm guessing it's

>Much nicer than Paris that's for sure.
Rīdzinieks here who's grandma lives in France and who occasionally visits Paris.
Paris is only worse because of the amount of niggers and sandniggers there.
Otherwise it's a way more pleasant city,
the amount of dirt is somewhat bigger though,
will give you that.
Latvia is overall pretty beatiful outside of huge cities, except for Ventspils. Ventspils is a very nice city, because their mayor actually cared about it and wasn't just a corrupt western bootlicker, like the rest are.

either idealist or lying

Go home? I am being at home. Laughing at you.
>OMG HIGH THREAT
That's because of scams etc. But there's little violence. Certainly less than in the US. And even the war-torn East has less civilian death toll than your nigger infested cities.

I'm guessing it's one of those Navanliy fags. They constantly say that everything related to slavlands, especially if it's related to the USSR or today's russia, then it's shit. Too drunk to post properly.

Not lying, but I bet you're speaking out of your ass pretty well.

Not really. STALKER made me want to visit Chernobyl though. There's quite a lot of slavs in my neighborhood and the average slav is almost identical to a Finn. Generally reserved but very outgoing and friendly after some drinks.

Heard that lately tours to Chernobyl got cheaper, so I'd say if you want to visit there you should use the current situation whilst the tours are still relatively cheap.

To be honest, I don't think he even knows who Navalniy is. But that's not even important. Navalniy is a government critic. Westerners are used to judge wealth by the stats. They can't understand how much of our economies are in shadows. It's the govt that sucks, hence the bad roads etc. People are doing well enough, and those with really useful skills can live more comfortably than westcuck wageslaves who can't even get a place to live without getting into debt, lmao

Whatever Vlad.

>They can't understand how much of our economies are in shadows
Which is totally a good thing, right?

Most Slavs are just friendly and welcoming people. Even in Russia it's a fucking myth that you need to drink to see the people open up. I never drink, have friends who don't, and never have an issue of being too reserved.

It is. You know why? Because governments are bad at doing business. When they try to regulate, they usually squander progress. When they try to get a "decent share of profits for the society", they tax too much. We Slavs don't deal with your government cuckery. We pay the fucking bribes to have no checks, and get away from paying much more legally. And flourish. It's so common THAT EVEN GOVERNMENT WORKERS get some part of their wages "behind the closed doors". Meaning, without fucking around with bureaucracy. That's how people are. We don't let the state have the monopoly on power.

>They can't understand how much of our economies are in shadows.
To be fair, that's a bad thing, but suddenly getting rid of it also won't fix the problems. Something that a lot of these naive activists don't understand about the economy and how it works.
Think the subject was touched upon here, on the example of current day Ukraine and how the US just demands that Poroshenko installs an anti-corruption court.
youtube.com/watch?v=qLk8EpBcsbU

It's not, but it actually keeps a lot of the economy afloat. Just suddenly getting rid of corruption will plummet the economy into a pit and the country will be back in the 90's if not worse.

>Just suddenly getting rid of corruption will plummet the economy
So much this. Our governments are fucking incompetent. Imagine our business playing by their rules instead of the rules of free market we have in the shadow. Much fucking worse. When our governments don't try to fuck around, it's so much better. That's why we have great broadband. Costs 5$ a month for 100Mbit. Everybody has it, everybody can afford it. Americans with their great govt and lobbyists still can't figure out how to make it stable and cheap.

>your government cuckery
I'm Russian, lol.

> without fucking around with bureaucracy
I guess that's why there's so many bureaucrats here, because we don't need them.

>rules of free market
There's no free market in Russia, though. All the companies are divided between Putin's personal friends.

Yeah, that's the good part. Playing the game not by the western rules gives us some benefits that the west lacks. I know for a fact that neither my ISP nor my government cares what or how often I torrent, as long as it's not something that's completely illegal.

Man, you should stop reading Novaya Gazeta or listening only to Navalniy.
There's a lot of wrong with all our governments but give gullible people like you any power and things will get worse.
It's a three part thing, so start with the first and then find the second and third part, it even comes with english subs so non russian speakers can also listen (read) this and learn a thing or two a bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=GTWMnsIqdBE

>calls me gullible
>posts Шapий
Okay but that doesn't change the fact that Russian business is concentrated in the hands of a very small group of people. Did you hear VTB bought Magnit recently? Remember what happened to Eвpoceть? Anyway, I'm not really a revolutionary. I've accepted my fate. I will live and die here and nothing will change for the better.

Go to czech republic or poland. Its slavic yet still nice to live in

>>posts Шapий
Can you bring up a factual argument as to what makes Шapий bad?
Personally, I as a non russian and non ukrainian, watch all this from the side and watch all sorts of parties and Шapий is the most objective one I've watch. Plus this video isn't even about him. It's what Azarov says, more so interesting his prediction's from way back in 2010~ that Ukraine signing the EU association will only fuck up the Ukrainian economy, which it actually did. Even worse than Azarov had predicted.
>Okay but that doesn't change the fact that Russian business is concentrated in the hands of a very small group of people.
It's not as small as you may think, albeit when an economical crisis hits, like due to the sanctions in recent years, it will naturally shrink through all kinds of means. Have you seen how much the market has grown in the past decade or so, to begin with? I'm not saying it's ideal or that it shouldn't be tried to be dealt with, but painting everything in black and white won't make things better.
At the end of the day, if you have a well functioning head on your shoulders, you'll understand that even if you don't like the system and can't change it, but understand it, you can find holes in it to make life easier for yourself.

>transparency is a bad thing!!!
No wonder nobody wants to invest in Russia

>xd le slavaboo
too bad you nazi retards dont realize yugoslavia was a communist country and milosevic was a commie eat shit Sup Forumstards

>Czechia
>nice
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what

Please don't bully my city
besides it's inhabitants it's nice on the eyes, in most places

Surprisingly enough, I hear Russian way more often than I would expect to, not sure why that is
I think I've heard more Russian on the metro than I have arabic

Did you know that early day anarchists and communists were also extremely racist?
Read up on Bakunin and what he had to say on jews, for instance.

There are people ITT who think STALKER is bad.
There are people ITT who never made it to the bar.

The thing is, I am not really interested in what's happening in Ukraine because I don't live there. It's also annoying how it's used as a scapegoat of sorts - even our president when asked a difficult question will occasionally say "Well, uh, you know, yes the situation isn't that good but you know, it's even worse in Ukraine". It would be funny if it wasn't sad. Also Ukraine separatists/independent republics are sponsored by Russia, there's lots of sources about that and I've seen multiple people who've been here say it's true. On other hand, Crimea citizens were genuinely excited to rejoin Russia.

And if I had a well functioning head on my shoulders, I'd probably migrate to a better country. But I don't, so here I am.

anarchists are fucking brainlets who have never read marx long live marx engles lenin stalin mao and milosevic mother fuck to ukraine nazis long live donbass

I think it's wasted potential and I did make it to the Brain Scorcher.

Maybe, I started to listen Hardbass, own multiple gas masks, and attended to an IRL STALKER event.

>Livonia
It's not even a fucking country anymore, stop playing EU4

All slavs are cringe inducing, and likely autistic.

Any slav that doesn't hate themselves doubly so.

Not bullying, I kinda like Paris, just that it has too many sandnigs. Albeit I really like Marseille.
As for the language, it's most likely because most people who come from eastern europe communicate in russian between one another. They aren't obligatory russian, they just most likely know russian and speak it amongst themselves.
Same with vidya. I have quite a few friends who aren't russian, but when we play vidya we speak russian amongst ourselves.

I agree that saying "well look at Ukraine" isn't a legitemate excuse, however, I'd suggest looking at it from a general perspective of what they fucked up so as to not step into the same shit as they did.
As for the east, yeah, pretty sure everyone knows that Russia helps out DNR and LNR, I'd be more surprised if they wouldn't.
>And if I had a well functioning head on my shoulders, I'd probably migrate to a better country.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Back in the 90's a couple of my friends went to work and live in the US. Returned some years later and said that US is a good place to work at, but not to live at. Per se, not everything is about money, although it does help.

>I'd suggest looking at it from a general perspective of what they fucked up
They overthrew a corrupt president to elect another corrupt president. They also got fucked hard pretty over by Russia, and I can't really support some of their more nationalistic leanings.

For what it's worth I've heard that Georgia did pretty well, out of the post-USSR states anyway, the war with Russia (what a coincidence) aside. Also Estonia is supposedly pretty good, Latvia is kinda dying though, which is a shame. My relatives live there and it's a nice tiny country.. Haven't heard much about Lithuania.

Livonia is a geographical region you brainlet, just like The Balkans. Kys stupid

>They also got fucked hard pretty over by Russia, and I can't really support some of their more nationalistic leanings.
Not an economical level at least. If you look at how business wise things have been going lately, then Ukraine's politicians have been fucking up huge deals with Russia, Western countries and even China. So much so that China is looking to use Belarus as their transit country for the Silkroad, instead of Ukraine as to how it was initially planned.
>the war with Russia (what a coincidence) aside
What coincidence? Do you think there's an unironic war between Russia and Ukraine, or was one with Georgia? Do you know that Russia's number 1 trade partner is Ukraine, and Ukraine's number 1 trade partner is Russia? On top of that Ukraine still has the pact of friendship and cooperation signed with Russia and are planning upon prolonging it when it ends either this or next year. Per se, you should stop reading mainstream articles and listen/read some people who actually understand what's happening in reality.
As for all three Baltic states, we're all dying, just at different speeds. What mostly keeps us alive is EU gibs. most of our enterprises have been killed off back in the 90's, then upon entering the EU. You should understand that the EU market has been divided long ago between EU members, we new comers aren't there for competition, we are just bought out and used as a market where they can dump their own stuff to.

Have you ever been there?

>Do you think there's an unironic war between Russia and Ukraine
Sponsoring the rebel forces is pretty close to a war, yes.
>Do you know that Russia's number 1 trade partner is Ukraine, and Ukraine's number 1 trade partner is Russia?
That's what makes it so funny, you see. The countries are just to close to each other, and the war isn't a conventional one. More like a conscious attempt to keep the situation in the country as shitty as possible (not like Ukrainians are making it hard). Makes for a nice showcase of "You want to get rid of corruption? Look at those guys, they tried and now their situation is even worse".

It made me appreciate the culture and language more, to the point that I started reading up on Russia's history and started enjoying the media they produce.

To me, Russia and other slavic countries just feel like a place that is so different from most other western cultures covered by the media. The people are different. Their history is different. Their architecture and buildings are enormous. The stories and art they produce bring a sense of loneliness and death. The country looks empty but so much is happening beneath the surface.

If given the chance to live in Russia, though? I'd outright refuse. Being fascinated doesn't mean I'd like to stay there. Maybe visit the country, sure, but to experience the harsh conditions and their culture's depravity when it comes to empathy? I'll pass.

New York City is a shithole. Smells like shit everywhere.

>Sponsoring the rebel forces is pretty close to a war, yes.
You do realize that both the Ukrainian nationalists and ruling politicians are insterested in prolonging the war, right? US and EU have been pushing on Poroshenko to follow Minsk, but he keeps evading because he knows that it's pretty much suicide for him if he now just suddenly stops the war.
>Makes for a nice showcase of "You want to get rid of corruption? Look at those guys, they tried and now their situation is even worse".
Mane, you really should look into what's happening in Ukraine from another perspective. You seem to be missing out a fair bit of the picture of what's actually happening inside Ukraine and thus you think that it's all just Russia, when in reality it's a mix of both sides wanting and not caring enough about the war and just using it as an excuse to do their own shit.
Ukraine's economy becoming worse over the last few years is due to the current ruling class destroying everything that's been left by the previous only in self interest.
I know it's Шapий, again, but listen to this interview and listen to the projects that are discussed and how much money was lost specifically due to current Ukraine's ruling class. It's not even as to which side Ukraine's government is aligned to, they just make very absurd moves on their end.
youtube.com/watch?v=sbOIz6tDwkA

They are white Brazilians

>you think that it's all just Russia
I specifically said "not like Ukrainians are making it hard", I should've made it more clear by saying "not like Ukrainians need much help". The current leadership is bad, but Yanukovich wasn't really a good president either, before him there was Uschenko... yeah. I didn't say that Russia ruined Ukraine, but we certainly didn't help, lol.

Yanukovich was bad, but from an actual economical and stability perspective he was better than Poroshenko could ever dream to be. Poroshenko and his underlings just fucked up on so many fronts, not just economically, even socially Ukraine is pretty divided. Last polls for the most popular foreign president, which were done by US by the way, in Ukraine showed that Lukashenko was the most popular foreign politician amongst Ukrainians. Before that it was always Putin. Hungary, Romania and Poland have been becoming more and more hostile towards Ukraine, so much so that some people speculate that some higher up people speculate that they might try and reclaim their historical lands back from Ukraine.
I agree that in many ways Russia could've acted differently and better towards Ukraine, however I can also understand where Russia's been coming from with their perspective. Albeit I do think it was a bit shortsighted on their part. None the less, actual ties between Russia and Ukraine are still strong, irnonically enough. And even between Georgia and Russia, despite what's being said on mainstream political level.

not really, but war thunder removed any possibility of ever liking them, and probably even not hating them

>stability perspective
It's hard to call it stability when it ended in a revolution. He tried to please both the western leaning people and Russian leaning ones, pleasing nobody as a result. He used force against a small group of student protestors but when that sparked actually big protest he was afraid to use more force and run away. And yeah, I know the revolution was encouraged and helped by the West, however I think western influence in that regard is often overstated. A truly stable country with content citizens won't be thrown into a turmoil just by western influence. There needs to be a build-up of pressure first.

>He used force against a small group of student protestors
Whislt I agree with the rest, I have to point out that if you would've bothered to do your research more properly then you'd know that it was proven to be complete bullshit. Even Ukrainian politicians are dancing around this issue and evading direct questions to this subject these days. Same as to who was shooting the people at the maidan protests.
>A truly stable country with content citizens won't be thrown into a turmoil just by western influence.
Again, watch the video I linked above about Ceвepный Пoтoк 2. You should understand the difference between an economy that's slowly stabilizing and shaping itself up, versus one or in these cases multiple ones that have been stable and for many years now and have been pumping money into these parts of the world specifically to destablize them.
>There needs to be a build-up of pressure first.
Do you think the countries in the west need more economically stable competitors or weak economies that they can bend to their own knee and just dump whatever they want into them? Even that same old African continent, do you think any major player wants stability and economic prospects and growth there?

Adding in to my last point about stable and unstable economies. Listen to what US president Eisenhower had to say about the military industrial complex. Pro tip: war = money
A war that never ends = money that will never stop coming in
youtube.com/watch?v=xB2JBghZ_MU

It continues to fascinate me that Eisenhower was a Republican. The guy would've been a borderline Berniecrat these days.

>Same as to who was shooting the people at the maidan protests.
Ehhh, the "unknown snipers" I'd rank up there with "Bush did WTC" and "Putin blew up those buildings" as conspiracy theories, until there's more PROOFS.

And about the "weak economies"... Chinese economy is pretty strong and West is investing into it because business is business. I think overall West would prefer loyal and economically strong allies. I mean, what can Ukraine sell them in exchange for their goods? It's not a good country to invest into. It's not a good ally against Russia because its military is weak. It's just a failed state.

Also I'm sorry for not watching the video, I'm really just checking into this thread between playing video games and I really am not interested enough.

all the real conservatives were in the democratic party at the time. the republicans were just a party of status quo and a mix of liberals/northern conservatives.

Slav here, když máte tak rádi Ameriku, proč se tam nepřestěhujete a nenecháte se střelit nějakým negrem?