What is your opinion on the Sonic Adventure Trilogy?

What is your opinion on the Sonic Adventure Trilogy?

>trilogy
I see no "3", user

First two were great. Then I grew up and got better tastes. Honestly I only go back for nostalgia and the chao garden.

Good games

You can hate Sonic 06 all you want, but the relationship between Elise and Sonic was pretty cute you have to admit.

Sonic Adventure 1 is good.
Sonic Adventure 2 is great.
Sonic 06 (SA3 basically) is bad.

First two games have an amazing OST. 06's OST had some good songs too.

I think SA1 is one of those things that on an objective scale isn't well made but just has enough heart poured into it that you can still appreciate it for what it is.

SA2 is okay. Not much of a fan honestly.

06 is comedy gold when you're playing Sonic's story but is just an absolutely miserable slog through Shadow and Silver's.

ROLLING AROUND

i want more elise

>SA1 and SA2 on Nintendo consoles, they were decent
>Sonic 2006 exclusively on PS3/Xbox, worst game ever
Hm...

2 is fucking garbage, 1 is shit with a few redeeming qualities sprinkled around, and 06 is godawful

what is this pathetic consolewar flamebait? get out of here, faggot

Neat sega music, okay platforming, cringey as fuck dialogue and too many cutscenes.

The Eggman/Tails section of adventure 2 is the worst part of both games. With Adventure 1's plane sections a close second. A whole lot of mindless shooting that goes on forever.

'06 needs to be memed to pc so people can appreciate how broken it gets.

They're shit.

Heroes is the only good 3D Sonic game.

Heroes drags and is for fags

Honest? They’re all really bad games. I tried to go back and play SA1 and 2 more recently but between long load times, crashing,falling through the floor and ultra retard level camera. They’re just bad games. Sonic died with Adventure

You actually want a consolewar fight?

>Having to play through the same levels 4 times to get the ending
and those special stages? shit took me forever as a kid.

>long load times
what

Adventure 1 is jank, but fun jank. Best music too.
Adventure 2 was alright, sorta.
I never played 06 and I never intend to.

1 was good and had some decent ideas that could have been expanded upon.

2 took away things, some that were pretty great, and added very little, a step down as far as I'm concerned.

06 was an unfinished mess. To be honest the game we should have got would have been much better.

They were released on the Dreamcast first. Stop trying to make Nintendo fans look bad.

The special stages are actually surprisingly easy. I didn't know this as a kid but go power clsss and mash the shit out of the B button

Amusingly enough, Generations 3DS reuses them, but makes them actually playable.
And they're cakewalk.

Elise was a cute!

Get lost. Whilst SA1 and SA2 were turbulent but still going, Heroes was the fucking engine failure that started the plummet. 06 was the crash landing.

SA1 and 2 have multiple load times a level and they can take a few minutes. Have you never played the originals on a Dreamcast? The load times are just as bad as Sonic 2006

No 3

too bad she was a furry

/t

Based, fpbp. Slide thread by a bitter boostfag
based

Are you the guy who spams braindead wojaks in these threads? What are you doing with your life?

>people STILL repeating this bullshit meme

06 isn't any more SA3 then Heros or Shadow is. Eiither Heros is SA3, Shadow is SA4, and 06 is SA5, or none of them are an Adventure game.

06 is the real Sonic Adventure 2. SA2 isn't an adventure game.

>nobody recognizes the deep Biblical undertones of the Adventure games
lol?

Sonic Adventure 1 is easy as fuck, but I love it regardless.

I hate Sonic Adventure 2. Not fast and not fun.

Sonic 06 is a piece of shit, but I admit to playing it every now and then. The levels look and sound great.

I got cancer reading that

>I hate Sonic Adventure 2. Not fast and not fun.
this is what boostfags actually believe.

I;m not a big fan of the boost games actually. I just hate the fact you play as Knuckles and Tails for the majority of the game

Those levels are great.

I disagree

That has to be the most autistic thing I've ever read from this shitty fandom, its so bad its good.

>Doubting that Sonic is a prophet of the LORD

>mindless shooting on eggmans levels
Somebody didn’t get all A’s

I agree

peak autism

I believe he is, as well as the fag who spams this rather effective bait

Why riders?

>Black Knight and Secret Rings art have the same fucking pose

When was SA1 on Nintendo, shitposter?

Oh, so the clearly inferior port, gotcha.

the graphical differences are really minor.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

You asked when it was on Nintendo, don't move the goalpost you faggot.

NOOOOO

To me, the major difference in the Adventures and 06 doesn't come down to gameplay, because the gameplay in 06 is too fucked to even know what it was intended to be, and it doesn't come down to shit like the Chao Garden, either. Although, yes, I would've preferred 06 if it had unfucked gameplay and a Chao Garden.

For me the reason 06 isn't an Adventure game comes down to tone and storyline. Shadow's storyline loosely follows on from his Adventure-Heroes-Shadow shit but Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 were much more closely tied, especially if you consider the implications of the later Sonic Battle, which confirms the obvious ties between Gerald and his research of the ancient Echidnas (see Artificial Chaos, Shrine Replica, etc). This might sound like story-autism, because it is, but I feel like the lack of plot connections to these previous entries is really what puts 06 apart. That, and the fact that its world was intentionally designed to be weirdly realistic and reboot-esque, whereas Adventure 1 and Adventure 2 feel like they could feasibly exist within the same universe very comfortably.

They made a conscious effort with the plot, atmosphere and locations to be quite far removed from the image of Sonic's world that SA1 and 2 built. That's why it's not Adventure 3 in my mind.

I'm not. I knew there were only 2 versions of SA1, and because I don't give a shit about SA1, I didn't know SA1 DX was a Nintendo port or just a """definitive""" version for the Dreamcast. Since I knew any port of SA1 was shit on principle, I know if it was on Nintendo he was not just baiting, but blatantly retarded as SA1 DX is anonymously claimed as inferior to Dreamcast SA1, with glitchier gameplay and why Gamegrumps revisioned SA1 as a completely shit game.

Literally me

Can we finally come to a general consensus of what a Sonic game needs to be a REAL "Sonic Adventure 3? I'll get the ball rolling:
>Yuji Uekawa art for the cover and for the menus
>Chao Garden and Tiny Animals
>Multiple playstyles
>At least three vastly different genres of music/vocalists
>Emblem system
>Player upgrades like bounce bracelet, light speed dash, and so on acquired over the course of the game
>Karting minigame? We don't need it or anything but both Adventure games did have one
>Knuckles actually gives a shit about the Master Emerald and it comes up as a prominent plot point
>No 2D
I know a lot of this seems redundant but it's amazing how often "Sonic Adventure 3" gets thrown around as peoples dream game but they never actually fucking define what it is they want, especially considering how different to one another SA1 and SA2 actually are.

daily reminder to denialfags

>lack of plot connections
Shadow works for G.U.N in Sonic '06. He also explicitly references some themes and character development from ShadowTH during his story, which is a direct continuation of the Adventure 2 plotline.

The connection to the Adventure """""""""canon""""""""" is tenuous, I'll grant you that, but it is there.

I don't mind calling it Sonic '06 "SA3" (mostly because it triggers the fuck out of Adventurefags) but I think when you get down to it, it's really more of a "re-imagining" of SA1 than anything else. The big bad is literally Fire Chaos and the first stage is literally Not Emerald Coast, among many other things. As you say, it was definitely meant to be some sort of "soft reboot" that incorporated certain plot elements from previous games.

The 3D Sonic series is filled with games that write a lot of checks they simply can't cash, but Sonic '06 is easily the most over-ambitious. It's really quite remarkable how everything went so spectacularly wrong, even to this day.

>Yuji Uekawa art for the cover and for the menus
>Multiple playstyles
Why would you want to bring bad things back though?

It may have started as SA3, but the final game is entirely unlike the adventure games.

It's not even a "adventure style but not titled as such" game like Heros, Shadow, and 06. It's boost style.

It's also worse than the NA release in general as it's a port of the first version when the american Dreamcast version is like a 1.1

I don't want an Adventure 3 either way, I'm just pointing out things the two games share and things that I closely associate with the Adventure "brand", since these threads tend to be a clusterfuck of people spouting off "SA3 when" shitposts but rarely actually putting what they want into words. If it's just the name and the surface level aesthetics people are asking for, we'll only end up with another Sonic 4 scenario.

That's what's likely to happen first, honestly.

The Adventurecucks will finally get their Adventure 3, and it will be terrible, even by their own standards.

Only amidst the backlash will one of them actually cultivate the initiative to develop and pitch a built-from-the-ground-up remake of Adventure 1 or 2 to Sega.

After successfully releasing both, they'll get the go-ahead to make something more akin to a "true" Adventure 3.

I guess to me, 06 isn't just a bad game or a bad "Adventure 3", it's also the game where they stopped trying to make the Sonic story and world actually work. Every mainline Sonic game followed on from other Sonic games in some way:
>Sonic 1 introduces emeralds and the Sonic vs. Eggman story
>Sonic 2 introduces the seventh emerald, Super Sonic, Tails, the Death Egg
>Sonic CD is admittedly kind of its own thing
>Sonic 3 & Knuckles continues the Death Egg saga. The Angel Island story is an expansion on the Chaos Emerald lore given in Sonic 2's Jap manual
>Knuckles Chaotix (now decanonized) follows on directly from S3K, the Japanese manual hints at a larger story involving Knuckles and the island the game takes place on but was never really expanded on (probably because the game is clearly unfinished)
>Sonic Adventure follows on from the Angel Island story started in S3K, expands on Knuckles's backstory, brings back Amy from CD, Gamma's story is an exploration of the whole "Flickies in robots" shtick they've been doing since the first game
>Sonic Adventure 2 fleshes out Eggman as a character and his grandfather's backstory involves him researching the Echidnas and the SA1 plot lore
>Heroes throws every plot point from every previous Sonic game in there just to give them an excuse to chuck in 12 fucking characters. Shadow's death in SA2 is followed up upon
>Shadow speaks for itself, I hate it and its story is shit but it's basically Sonic Adventure 2 2 as far as plot goes
>Sonic Battle expands upon Echidna lore and the "fourth great civilization", Gizoids become a thing
>Sonic Advance 3 has Eggman make a Gizoid replica, that's about it really, the Angel Island plays a role in the plot
Then Sonic 06 happens and from that point on, aside from some GUN references, every game basically acts completely stand-alone, except for when they decide they want to throw in Little fucking Planet or Chemical Plant every so often.