Fightcade...

Fightcade, the emulator with netcode and a lobby system that let you play old fighting games like SF2 and KOF98 online with others, is going full pay2play.

twitter.com/FightCade/status/966988934919131136

They said they'd do a new update and update the emulator, but ended up completely ruining the lobby system to resemble discord/web3.0 and introducing a bunch of patreon integration. Now you need to donate to their patreon to be in more than 2 game lobbies and they're introducing a bunch of gay freemium shit.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

fightanvidya.com/wiki/index.php?title=RetroArch_(SNES_netplay_and_more!)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That fucking sucks.
Why is everyone becoming so greedy all of sudden?

Capitalism

how is it pay to play if you can play without paying?

because it's freemium and they only allow snes games for patreon patrons and restrict lobby functionality unless you donate to their patreon

>snes games
who gives a shit

>Not wanting online SNES co-op

Can I still play the same games that I've been playing already? If so then I don't care too much

>not wanting to play super mario world with your online buddies

faggot

yes but you have to navigate the nu-reddit interface and constantly join and rejoin lobbies because you're not a premium(TM) member

>online buddies

youre the faggot for not having friends

>no Goemon co-op

Show me the interface, buddy. All FightCade needed was a search bar.

>Show me the interface, buddy
literally discord except game lobbies are the servers

you have to add a game to your lobbies to play it, no more just scrolling through the game list

Fightcade already had the lobby/chat/users columns like Discord. Adding a game seems stupid though, can't they just check what Roms you have?

just dl it, you'll see, the interface is way worse than it used to be besides the multiple lobbies thing

>That thing I fuck around with and play fighting games with my friends is becoming pay to play
Time to uninstall I guess. That's fuckin gay

Nobody ever uses fightcade anyway except for King of Fighters and Street Fighter so I never actually used it. It would be cool if there was more people playing some of the unique games like Street Hoops or the Last Blade 2. It's gonna cut the community down to an extremely small set of players.

Time to buy a Switch

there's a bunch of people in games like jojo or vsav

Because they realised how retarded people were for actually giving money to Cemu. So obviously they'd want a piece of the brainlets spare change.

So when is the next group of internet people going to make their own GGPO fork like Fightcade did? I believe Knightcade is something?

Fuck you, I play Jojo on it.

Why

Does this mean I’ll need to pay to play JoJo and Street Fighter?

No, I don't think that's the case. I think OP is mad you have to pay for SNES integration but mad at an overall UI change similar to Discord. I'll admit I'd rather have a list to traverse through with my roms being located indicated by being white rather than grey over Discord but I like Discord's interface about the same.

Man, I love piracy but I hate when people try to monetize piracy. Fuck off with this shit

I'm on the same boat.
If you're going to give money to someone, better give it to the developers themselves instead of a bunch of parasites. At least you get a legit copy of the game.

The SNES is in beta. It'll probably be publicly released later. Bigger Question is when can we play MvC2 online PC?

>vsav
>a bunch of people

lmao

I don't mind patrons being able to beta test or getting themes or whatever, since none of that shit directly impacts my enjoyment.

The 2 lobby limit, however, does. That shit is annoying as fuck, having to leave and rejoin a lobby any time I want to play a different game, plus not being able to queue up for more than 2 games at a time.
It's gay.

Not any time soon.
The MAME guys have shown no interest in the Naomi and Atomiswave boards

>Download
>Log in
>Interface is ass
>Can't launch any games
>Can't even find the option to designate my Rom's folder

fuck this

??? You could play SNES netplay for decades now, I played a shit load of contra 3 online on kaillera or whatever the name was and it's also how I learned fighting games by playing sf2 and dbz hyper dimension online.

yeah but ggpo netcode is the gold standard, kaillera is complete shit

I guess it's back to NullDC for now.
Please explain further.
Never really used Fightcade too much because I had the stand alone Emulators, but I guess since fightcade uses GGPO it makes it the best online experience for whatever games it supports?

It also comprehensively downloads all the stuff necessary to emulate on mac, it's a one stop shop for this stuff

there's nothing wrong with people wanting to get paid for their time and effort. if you don't like it, make your own fightcade.

It wasn't complete shit at all. You could set the frame delay and 2-3f was more than fine to play with IRL friends online.

I imagine this is hwo the kids do it now? I haven't played snes online for years now

fightanvidya.com/wiki/index.php?title=RetroArch_(SNES_netplay_and_more!)

From the FBA license:
> You may not ask for donations to support your work on any project that uses the FB Alpha source code.
lmao, this is getting shutdown real quick, get rekt greedy faggots

Why? The only active games are 3s, A3, and the KOF games

I want this Fightcade 2 to succeed just so we can have Jackie Chan in Fists of Fury netplay

Oh and Martial Masters I guess. But fuck this Patreon shit

delete this

GO GET THEM FBA

Good, I hope it gets shut down.

lol they are going to get shrekt

EBA EBA EBA

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

What the fuck
I've been using this to play that one JoJo arcade game and now this?

The absolute state of pc master race.

you are getting jewed bigtime

Well if you only play the one game it doesn't really affect you

People that play fightcade deserve it. Every room is third worlders and the people that speak english are all cancer, especially third strike

>Paying for an Emulator of games I already own
Strike one
>Fightcade 2 when Fightcade 1 is still functioning
Strike two
>Playing Fightcade for anything but Twinkle Star Sprites Windjammers
Third Strike

Get the fuck out of here with that. Why would I pay for something WORSE? Or is this the point and they're going to abandon Fightcade when this flops and then we'll be forced to buy all these stupid fighting game rehashes to play online somehow

Can someone elaborate for a brainlet?

That's some rare MvC2 art. Thanks for posting.
>Sonson
dayum
>Morrigan
DAYUM

>Good Goemon games aren't in English on SNES
>English ones are boring af

Wew

>Twinkle Star Sprites Windjammers
Great taste user

It means exactly what it seems: the Fightcade Patreon is against the FBA license, the emulator they use. This constitutes as copyright infringement and the FBA team should ask them to shut it down.

lmao they are going to get so rekt

super turbo doesn't have many 3rd worlders

That's an easy loophole to close up - get a different license than the public one from the FBA people.

Hell, they might have already done so.

Call me when I can play Super Star and MvC2.

is kaillera still the best option for online retro game play?

If FBA source code is part of the fightcade codebase in any way they can't ask for donations. Seeing as they have to integrate GGPO into the emulator I imagine that they are using the FBA code in some way.

Well, first of all, the Fightcade website already says "it is subjected to the terms of the FB Alpha license", so that's not something that happened.
Second, this kind of project usually has a lot of people that did stuff and getting a custom license would require consultation with and approval of everyone who has ever worked on it.
Third even, FBA used a lot of the old MAME code, so it's also subjected to the old MAME license, which is also non-commercial and also would require the approval of everyone who worked on MAME.

When did Sup Forums turn into a bunch of snitches?

The language seems specific enough so that if Fightcade uses the binary, but not the source code, that they're allowed to ask for donations.
When they come across perceived wrongs.

KnightCade it is

I would agree with you that if they use just the binary they are fine. However I don't know how ggpo works. Considering they just updated the version of FBA they were using there must be some limiting factor. Either they had to adjust the new version's code or they had to adjust how ggpo plus their frontend/backend worked with it.

I'm inclined to think that since I've read ggpo is middleware though that it is decently likely they don't mess with FBA source code at all.

I don't give a shit as long as I can still play 3S.

Don't wanna derail the thread but
>vivaldi
My man

>Deserve it
What is this shit mentality?
I'm using it to play games with friends just because sudacas and beaners crowd the servers doesn't mean I should have to accept the fightcade teams jewery

I don't need more than one lobby anyway

Got the neo geo bundle from hb so I'm free of guilt.

Waaaaaaaait a second. Did they made D&D and a bunch of beat em ups able to run for 3-4 players?