Fire Emblem

Thoughts on the Reclassing mechanic introduced in Awakening onward? Would you like to see it in FE16?

I wouldn't like to see it in FE16.
In fact, I wouldn't like to see FE16 at all.

>in Awakening onward
user...

Reclassing can fuck off. Oswin is a knight and will always be a knight. If you can completely change a character's class he doesn't have a very good identity.

Shadow Dragon whoops

I'm not a big fan of reclassing. Especially combined with the Fates/Awakening style of skills.
If they are going to go with class options, I would much prefer split promotions like in SS.

>introduced in Awakening

fuck off nuFEggot

No. The choice when changing is fine, but endless reclassing is horse shit

>introduced in Awakening
Kill yourself newfag

It's stupid and dumb, if reclassing has to be in the next FE make it so each character has just one class they can re-class too.

Or just do split promotions.

If it's Fates reclassing then yes. Otherwise don't brother.

Read before you post.

i don't mind it if you only get like 4 or 5 class change seals in the game so you have to make a meaningful decision about re classing. On one hand its really stupid someone like sakura can suddenly become an Oni it can be used as an extension of someone's character like Odin getting samurai to reflect being previously a myrm or cherche having access to troubador to reflect her ladylike upbringing

I've been working on ideas for a fangame, and here's something I've been considering for a promotion system for it.

It has the SS promotion system where a unit can promote into one of 2 classes. But they also have a special 3rd class that they can promote into with the use of a special promotion item, usually one that adds onto what they specialize in. Like a Myrmidon unit's special promotion could be Ninja or Dread Fighter, allowing him to S rank with swords while also giving him access to other side-arms and new skills.

Additionally, they also have access to 2-3 other promotion classes by building supports with other characters. Not just being able to promote into that other character's class but maybe something else that's mentioned in their supports. Like a support between a Knight and a Paladin has the latter promise to train the former in jousting, and from that he can choose to promote into a Paladin. In some cases, they would require multiple A Ranks in order to obtain this new promotion class.

Also there would be no endless reclassing. You could continue to change classes to get different skills but once you cap your level you can't promote anymore. Also promotion bonuses go down after the initial promotion and after your third promotion you would stop gaining the bonuses.

You just described Fates reclassing with extra steps involved and slight nerfs. Nice imo

KYS

>Pic
Big Boss deserved better

I did take my inspiration for this from Fates, since I did like how it was handled to a degree. One thing I didn't like however was how reclassing would fuck you over in some cases.

The one I had the biggest issue with was with Arthur. Promoting him into Hero locks him into B Rank with Axes and you have to grind him up from E with Swords. Considering that they gave him a special design for his Hero model I thought that was a slap in the face.

For my thing, almost everyone's promotion classes will have them use their default weapon. So if a Fighter promotes into Hero he'll still have Axes as his primary weapon. And in the case of promotions that takes it away they start with a higher weapon rank depending on what their initial weapon rank was. Like if this Fighter promoted into a Spear Fighter for some reason and had an A in Axes, he would have at least a C in Lances.

What would you guys take out? reclassing or childrens? Both of those things kill the games for me.

i feel like its less to do with re classing and more with how much fates fucked with weapon ranks. It's bad enough tier 2 classes get E in their second weapon type but E rank is considerably worse in fates than in other games and is only further compounded by how slow weapon exp is. I kinda like the idea of weapon rank caps but it should be dynamic based on what class you promote from-fighter hero would get A axes B swords whilst merc hero gets A swords and B axes.

As a side point DS style re classing gave mono weapon tier 2 classes C rank when you switched into them but others would be stuck with E or D based on class

Class changing is FE's greatest mistake ever

It's what happens when you go against the orders of God Emperor Hardin.

Ideally both.

I don't know if I agree with that. In fates for instance many characters are defined by their class options and even then still have a unique identity through their stats and growths. Like how Mozu is primarily known for being an archer among the fanbase or how Effie is a speedy knight with fuck huge attack but her defenses peter out.

I loved fate's class system but weapon ranks were really fucked. Hopefully if the next game has it they make it so you don't get stuck with e rank shit upon promotion.

Wrong that would be Same turn acting reinforcements. Class changing is optional.

did the user who wanted to make a rebalancing hack for conquest ever post any updates?

Post more cute dragon lolis.

>completely optional features kill the game for you
Anyways children easily, they're pretty ok from a fate's gameplay standpoint but they're shit from a story standpoint and they just reduce the late game additions to your army.

Tiki is the best.

This, I'll only be fine with children coming back if they do it like FE4.

Would you care if they changed or removed supports? A lot of things in Fe games are optional, doesnt mean they dont matter.

mad retarded oldcuck.

I want to dig my tongue into Nowi's navel

Actually the worst feature ever introduced into the franchise. Completely robs every character of identity as a unit, but that's okay since Fatewakening is a dating simulator. Shadow Dragon has no excuse.

I don't remember giving any of you permission to save pictures of my beautiful wife, Nono. I'll have to ask you to delete these pictures from your device right this instant.

Yeah, Fates' biggest non-story related issue was the botched weapon leveling system. I got no problem with E Rank weapons, early-game Arthur really makes good use out of a Bronze Axe due to it's better Hit rate, but they need to have some other benefit for being shit weapons. I plan on adding E rank weapons in but they'll give considerably more Weapon EXP than other weapons.

I had the idea that for reclassing, a new primary would be 2 levels below your old primary's weapon rank while secondary weapons would be 3 levels lower. So for example, if a Myrmidon with an S in swords reclassed into a Warrior, he would have a B in Axes and a C in Bows.

Just be careful your tongue doesn't touch mine.

Change? They already changed supports from something that's completely redundant and useless to a perfect system and then to a mix of the two in the 3ds games. And yes I would care if they removed them because that's taking away one of the few methods we have of learning about the characters(bar base conversations which need to return already). But adding the ability to change classes does't take anything away. The only loss from adding that system is some retarded notion of "unit identity" which frankly I'm not going to accept.

I disagree. Same turn reinforcements is okay when done right. Warning the player to watch your shit like they do in Awakening makes it fair.
>class changing is optional
Yeah but the more recent games encourage it and you're gimping yourself if you don't do it.

>Encourage you
>Gimp yourself if you don't it
That's barely a case. You can use base class and their promotes for everyone in Conquest just fine.
>Unironcially defending STRs
Awakening's case was an exception not the rule, and the player has no idea what kind of unit they have to expect from STR so how can they prepare for it?

as long as they dont turn all the units into copy pasted blue reused assets that all look the same with a different head piece, sure.

Fates did the level balancing correctly, but they all look copy pasted, with no unique reclass 3D model.

I don't like it. Especially with skills being like they are.
It used to be that if you got a unit to 20/20 they were as good as you were gonna get without boosters, but now you need to autisticly minmax marriages and classchange into unwanted or poor classes just to get good skill spreads since anything that synergises is hiding in completely different class lines.
It's just busywork. If they're going to keep classchanges the class they get changed into should be something they want to stay in instead of to stripmine for skills and then switch back to a class that doesn't suck.

You don't need skills from other classes if you can handle with what you get just fine. You know just like how it was normally in FE games without skills? That's just more of a problem with obtaining skills than reclassing itself.

I can handle the base game fine, but I'm one of those faggots who likes to max everything out for the sake of it if I can.
Like I said, if classchanging was specifically for changing to a better or specialized class then I wouldn't mind it, but it exists to pad out the endgame grind before online/DLC challenge maps and I really hate it.

less of the forced waifu

>but it exists to pad out the endgame grind before online/DLC challenge maps
You mean Awakening of which that's not a thing in Fates? And again, you don't need skills, you just need the stats and a brain. And you're going to reclass at some point to gain more levels for your units anyways so you'll at least gain more skills on long the way.

Then you are the problem not reclassing.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me my opinions I have after playing the games are wrong.
Awakening had challenge maps and Fates has online. Both are going to end with you as paste on the floor if you haven't autistically minmaxed everything.

Licking Nowi's navel!

You mean like split promotions in every game after 8 introduced it?

split promotions weren't in 9-12

I know, I meant that 8 "introduced" the concept. Though technically in 11/ 12 Pegasus Knights can branch into two different promotions.