What are Sup Forums's favorite Beat Them Up you would suggest to someone who has not played that many...

What are Sup Forums's favorite Beat Them Up you would suggest to someone who has not played that many? Or as we call them in Bongland, Belt-Scroller-Bammy-and-Whammy

>Beat them up

What?

You mean Scrolley rightey punch and fighteys?

Well they're just mindless button mashers with no skill involved, ultimately designed to eat quarters so it doesn't matter which one you recommend.

I guess the TMNT games since they're easy.

>What are Sup Forums's favorite Beat Them Up you would suggest to someone who has not played that many?

Castle Crashers since it is easy to get into, has a nice funny artstyle and is a good game. Old school beat em ups are very hard so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone new until they played some easier ones first.

I like the Punisher bop and trot

Streets of Rage 2 with Axel or Blaze.
Both characters are run of the mill. Axel being slightly stronger but slower, Blaze being faster but weaker.
Streets of Rage 2 has a general nice cure of difficultity on easy or normal mode. You can also use cheats to give yourself nine lives and even very easy mode if they're very bad at games in general.

And in Ireland we call them "Reality Shows"

Streets of Rage Remake, Guardian Heroes, The Warriors. In that order.

For four player chaos, turtles in time, x men arcade, Simpsons arcade, metamorphic force.

Dragon Crown is bad. Get your padded rpg bullshit the fuck away from best em ups.

Dragon's Crown
D&D Shadow of Mystara
Super Baseball Bat Man
Turtles in Time
Simpsons Arcade

SoR Remake

Oh, and Alien Vs Predator Arcade

Foul Play is decent. I also like Double Dragon Neon, but it seems to crash on both consoles & PC from time to time.

Night Slashers (Japanese version for the red blood)
Vendetta
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
Captain America and the Avengers
Knights of the Round
Metamorphic Force
Spider-Man
King of Dragons
Alien Storm
Growl

Final Fight (arcade)
Final Fight 3
Streets of Rage 2
River City Ransom
Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (with translation patch)
Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Kunio-tachi no Banka
Double Dragon (arcade)
Double Dragon II (NES)
Return of Double Dragon
Double Dragon Advance
Vendetta (arcade)
Die Hard Arcade
Dynamite Cop
Denjin Makai
Guardians / Denjin Makai II
The Simpsons
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (arcade)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - The Manhattan Project
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles In Time
X-Men (double-wide 6-player arcade version)
Guardian Heroes
Dungeons & Dragons - Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons - Shadow Over Mystara
Alien vs. Predator
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Battle Circuit
The Punisher
Gaia Crusaders
Sengoku 3

My nigger.

To this I also add Double Dragon Advanced (literally the best version of Double Dragon), Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and the multiplayer X Men arcade cab.

cuhrayzee-fag here.

I've looked into beat em ups that had the most complex moveset or somewhat the biggest movesets. Sadly there weren't too many:

>Alien vs predator Arcade (play with Linn, coolest character) for arcade. Probably the hardest beat em up i've played. Has tons of enemies on screen. Also can get technical if you try to combine moves within the 1-4 frame range.
>makai denjin 2 for arcade. People have done 99 hit juggles with it, but I haven't been able to go beyond 16 hits when savestating one particular area because once you juggle with a move, that move stops working until the enemy touches the ground.
>pirates of dark water for snes: Has the largest basic moveset out of any beat em up. Most people dislike it, but I think it's pretty good from a gameplay standpoint. Don't play with Ioz, his slowness makes some tech impossible.
>beats of rage or openBOR. Is a remake of the streets of rage classics. contains all levels of those games. It also has mod support, every setting you might wish for, and you can rename enemies as well as alter their palettes.
>spawn for snes. has no vertical movement. Has cool special moves and incredible animation. Great atmosphere. Game doesn't have a lives system, but energy which depletes when you use specials, or die. The latter of which is always worse.

Golden Axe - Revenge of Death Adder
Pu-Li-Ru-La
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
Shounen Ninja Sasuke
Captain Commando (arcade)
Warriors of Fate
SpikeOut
Slashout

How the fuck do you fight the acrobat twin girls?

denjin makai 2 99 hits are just looping the same combo afaik, not too hard.
Anyway in my opinion huge combos don't necessarily make a complex beat em up, these are mostly about movement and learning enemy behavior

you keep putting in quarters until you win

What these anons said get yourself Streets of rage remake, it'll also come with the level editor and people have alreadt put 1 2 and 3 in the remakes engine and for me its the definitive way to play them. Remake is almost on mania levels and it sucks that sega didn't take them on to carry on streets of rage like they did with the taxman and sonic

Battletoads Arcade

Croixleur

Don't recomend arcade Turtles in Time. It's such a bad game and imbalanced against you. The SNES version has actual collision detection and 1 more level and boss.

Undercover Cops, Arcade version not SNES.

And Japanese too. US version was butchered.

Fight'n rage on steam is a pretty good recent one, not sure if its out on anything else.