So, are we gonna talk about this?

So, are we gonna talk about this?

interactive.org/awards/21st_annual_dice_award_winners.asp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5-YDxH6It8
youtube.com/watch?v=0HEEuCeclSM
youtube.com/watch?v=lhtYq3gBHmI
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

The least fun zelda game

SEETHING

there's no point, anti-botw shitposters will still shiton the game relentlessly, whilst botw fans/falseflags will call it the best game in the universe. I feel it's a fantastic game, a borderline masterpiece, but you simply cannot discuss it on Sup Forums due to how much butthurt it creates for both sides of the coin.

Fpbp

Can we all agree that, while both games are very impressive, Zelda shits all over Mario?

No

no because I actually felt compelled to finish Mario

both of you have wrong opinions. you guys are part of the reason why we're stuck with open world games today

Shit opinions. Odyssey was fine but Zelda's highs were much higher

MGSurvive's the new hotness, sorry link!

Shit. Can't nintendo ever tired of winning? Give zerodown a chance.

>Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
>Super Mario Odyssey
Why? I didn't notice anything special.

The music is classic
20 years from now, you'll be like "WHAT THE FUCK MAN...ODYSSEY HAD AMAZING MUSIC"

BING BING WAHOO

There's a separate category for Music, and even then, outside of Jump Up Superstar, it has the worst (not bad, just comparatively) sound track of the series for the past decade.

sound design != music ya dolts

automata was better

no really

WEHOOO MY 1 UP GIRL BING BING WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Right, and I'm legitimately asking why it won this award. There must be a reason, and I'm curious as to what it is.

Probably because the music changes according to the gameplay.

probably because it has decent sound design, like many mario games the pitch and sometimes rhythm of sound effects changes based on the music playing, in order to keep a sort of musical rhythm to the entire game. I'm guessing it won the award for this reason alone.

here's an example of what I'm talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=U5-YDxH6It8

not with bangers like this
youtube.com/watch?v=0HEEuCeclSM

>moving the camera underwater muffles sounds
>going into 2D section makes the music 8-bit
>Bowser's YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Kingdom
>characters saying names in the middle of gibberish
I thought it was pretty good

all done before

Obviously the underwater and Japanese level thing have been done before but when have the other ones been done?

Okay, thanks. I guess I kinda noticed this stuff passively, but wasn't really aware of what was happening. That's neat.

hacking in nier automata makes the music 8 bit

>mobile game of the year
>fire emblem heroes

>a really shitty watered down version of a game with forced in loot box microtrasactions
>best mobile game of the year

mobile games are so fucked

Sounds being muffled while under water is a standard feature of unreal and source with the built-in water.

those just muffle the sound as opposed to changing instrumentation though.

Who gives a shit.

>Outstanding Achievement in Story
>Horizon
>Outstanding Technical Achievement
>Horizon
>Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
>Zelda
>Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
>Zelda
lol

It's technically impossible to design a good game for phones that isn't just a straight VN due to the complete lack of screen real estate and inability to make anything action-based in any way

Everyone already knows it's the best game of all time, all the sony drones have shitposted about it for an entire year now. Frankly it's getting old.

I seriously hope in between all the dick sucking Nintendo is getting for BOTW that they recognize the flaws and work to correct them in the next 3D Zelda, because I doubt we’re going back to the OOT blueprint anytime soon.

what about downwell? pixel dungeon? kairosoft games?

should be able to do far better than FEH.
Like, for example, making a typical Fire Emblem game that isn't a gatcha mircotrasaction farm with no substance or depth.

Why correct flaws when people eat your half baked shit up like the maggots they are? See gamefreak selling you the same game for 20 years and counting

Literally all of these had been done before. A fuckload of games have names stuck in the middle of gibberish, Bayonetta and DMC comes to mind.

And music changes with 8 bit sections has also been done, doom 2016 did it

Why correct the flaws? Bethesda didn't need to do that with Skyrim, which was objectively a shit game.
A typical FE game with substance and depth requires a lot of screen space, something phones don't have. And before you mention the GBA games, those games don't have to devote 3/4 of the screen real estate to the controls.

it doesn't matter if it's been done before, as the awards are given to whatever game did it best in the past year, you dumbfuck.

The music didn't change to be 8-bit, it literally just played original doom midi ost

In Mario it actually starts playing an 8-bit version of the track you're in

>tfw own both

Everybody fucking does

>In Mario it actually starts playing an 8-bit version of the track you're in

like Nier?
youtube.com/watch?v=lhtYq3gBHmI

Yes?

That doesn't mean DooM does, quit doing the fucking roulette wheel shit

Automata is better than any games on Switch atm anyway. I'l still waiting on SMT but if that's another let down then time to sell the switch, at least it had more than one game unlike Wii U

Wasn't Odyssey in development before Automata?

wii u has more than 1 game though, for a while it had more exclusives than the competition combined

>better than any games on Switch atm anyway
lmao these sour grapes

yep. Odyssey developement started in 2013 and Nier: A started in 2014.

Then why the hassle?

He's right though

No they dont. Then we wouldnt have this shit on Sup Forums. There are poorfags who even own just pc

>Giving a fuck about game awards

Christ, you faggots are worse than GG retards who bitch about the easily avoidable media they consume.

they have done that since mario galaxy. in fact they did alot more in galaxy

Yes and Niers composer went and stole idea....

>Outstanding achievement in story
>HZD
Heck, they got the technical prize right, but damn, this is pushing it.

see

not talking about the platinum nigger im talking about previous mario games

giving HZD a story award in the same year nier automata released is fucking egregious

>There are poorfags who even own just pc
yep, even more so than console warriors

A superior open world game came out. One that's designed for adults.

>Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
>Nier: Automata not even nominated
>Odyssey not even nominated
>HZD is somehow in it

I'm glad Cuphead won, but that whole category was bullshit

>wah shitterotmata didnt win original music reward
good thing the music wasnt original

Ill wait for them to patch itsome more. Currently have codex version of 1.2.5.

How it wasnt? It only had few remixes from original. Rest shit was new and beautiful + 8bit remixes of most songs

>Industry awards
It's like working at a lighting company and being called Lighter of The Year by your colleagues.
Meaningless.

Every sound effect is in harmony with the background music

Not hard to do, but nobody else really does it

>copies another composer's idea
>elaborates upon it to create a revolutionary new style of video game scoring
Fine by my book.

Yes, because is the only thing worth discussing at this point, given that the so called best game of 2017 has nothing more to offer othen than baits.

>stole idea

How would they know what odyssey was doing before that was even shown?
It's not like Nier: A or odyssey were the first to do 8 bit music in modern games anyway

>transpose a 16 measure loop into 3-4 sound channels
>revolutionary

This is Undertale at the VGAs all over again

the music is odyssey is pure shit compared to the galaxy games

>Yes, because is the only thing worth discussing at this point, given that the so called best game of 2017 has nothing more to offer othen than baits
Kek ok bro.

this. even 3d world had better shit than odyssey

I agree. I hated how easy Mario was. The game is mind numbingly easy until dark side and darker side, and even then, darker side is only hard because it's ann annoying long gauntlet. No part of it would take you more than 3 tries at most to beat if there were checkpoints. To me, that just makes it annoying because one mistake can ruin 5 min of progress. I also hate how you have to do the world's multiple times before you could get all of the moons. Once before the boss, once after the boss, and once after you beat the game. It takes too long to get to the meatier stuff and by that point I just didn't really care anymore. It's a shame really. The design and controls are some of the best in mario history, but there were too many things that spoiled my experience that could have been changed fairly easily.

>it doesn't matter if it's been done before, as the awards are given to whatever game did it best in the past year, you dumbfuck.

Is this supposed to be a counterargument? You're just illustrating how simple and elegant it is.

>the music is odyssey is pure shit compared to the galaxy games
This is why is just embarrassing and tiresome listening to anyone on the Internet. Everything is either FUCKING AMAZING or TOTAL SHIT!

I'm so bored.

Loved both BotW and Odyssey, although I was more immersed in BotW than any other game in recent memory. Last game to do that for me was Bloodborne, although I wasn't absorbed in that to the same extent.

WOAH WOAH RUTABAGA

>best RPG
>Nier
>not action
Anyways, Sup ForumsGA drones SEETHING at the results.

Banjo fucking Kazooie did this way back on the n64

>Then we wouldnt have this shit on Sup Forums
does anyone who's not a retard actually believe this?

>compared to
learn to read retard, it is shit compared to galaxy. It's ok on its own

That was super popular on the 64 due to the way the system synthesized on the fly, woopty fuckin do

this garbage game has doomed us with a entire generation full of shitty open world games.

AGAIN

right when you think the ubisoft meme game genre is dying down we get a nintendo clone that gets 11/10 because it's okay when nintendo does it. not only that but we basically lost one of the 3 franchises nintendo has that matters.

it's not Nitendo's (actually monolith soft's) fault they're the only ones to properly do open world

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
stay mad

I almost cried when I first left the cave and the music swelled as we stood on the cliff overlooking hyrule.

I fought my way through a storm to Zoras domain.

I endured the crippling heat of Death Mountain as I ascensed it using my wits amd survival skills.

I solved the mystery of the dark and creepy lost woods having to figure out what thousands before me could not.

I rested at stables inbetween and learned of lost treasures and shrines I could seek out.

I stalked and tamed the most powerful horses and spent time training them creating a bond, even capturing the lord of the mountain whose appearance is one of the most beautiful stand out moments in the game.

I pieced together my memories and unlocked the secrets of the shrines.

I built a whole new town from the ground up becoming friends with its inhabitants.

Anyone who says this world is empty is an idiot or a joyless person who I pity.

I loved the game a lot but jesus you sound like a corny faggot.

>proving us right
hmmm