HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

VIRTUA FIGHTER 6 FUCKING CONFIRMED

GET THE FUCK IN HERE!!!!!!

twitter.com/oneida__/status/967028668513116166

SEGA'S HOSTING VF5 LOBBIES AND STREAMING THEM ON THE SEGA TWITCH CHANNEL THEN MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT

THE BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER IS COMING BACK BABY!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9liok6oQIwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice. Now I have a new fighting game I can pretend to care about but never play.

play it

I might but with Sega you never know if or when it will get ported to consoles.

it's about time guys,do you think it'll come to all three consoles now that they are pretty much the same thing just with different dressing's?

no, it's sega

It's probably just to promote yakuza 6.

>Virtual Fighter
I couldn't not possibly think of a deader fighting game series.

Out of all possible things to bring back, SEGA always chooses the least promising ones.

I never liked Virtua Fighter. It felt weird to play compared to the likes of Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur

why, so they can make more sanic coldsteel games? how about you go fuck yourself

also vf was the most popular fighter in asia for a long time

So basically at 9PM EST tonight they're gonna host a live tourney? What fighting styles can they add to the new entry?

Tekken always felt the weirdest to me because of that weird wavedashy movement

>THE BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER IS COMING BACK BABY!
But Xrd came out years ago OP.

So they could make a new entry of any of the 10+ series they have but will not make new games for.

Virtua Fighter is way too hardcore for even vet fighting game enthusiasts to stick with, its basically dead in the water.

VF is more about positioning, punishing and super tight execution while the games you mentioned want you to just go for combos all day. It tries to go for more realism and less crazy flashy movesets.

>ps4 exclusive
ITS NOT FAIR

Virtua Figher plays beautifully but it's lacking in a lot of areas that make it seem more forgettable than other fighters. It has no gimmick story like Mortal Kombat, the characters don't stand out like those on Tekken or Soul Calibur, it lacks the flashy moves of Street Fighter.

It does the main thing REALLY fucking good but that's it.

VF is a slow boring piece of shit

>another fighting game
when will they figure out no one buys these

I play this nigga. Very casual though, I just watched a video from a sega official explaining the mechanics. It's very fluid and animates as better as you'll ever find.

well that's because you ONLY have three buttons m8

They do in the arcades. Virtua Fighter 5 was one of the most popular arcade games for a long time.

xrd doesn't even hold a candle to the earlier GG games like reload or ac+, let alone VF

unga bunga... me need unreactable overheads, footsies too hard for grok

ma boy has 2 guard break moves. I'll feel like a god if I hit them and then go into a balla as fuck combo. I'll buy yakuza just to play this in 1080p. When is it out?

please god give use a definitive version of vf3 too. best fighting game of all time.

Is VF only for the most hardcore gamers?

if you like good fighting games and play them casually like me it's by far the funnest for an old 30 year old.

finally a fighting game with out fucking meters, supers, flashy cinematics and pauses breaking the flow of gameplay.
too bad it is doomed to the same fate of every fighting game but at least they have shown that they still care.

Very worried he'll be dead of the AIDS he has by the time 6 comes out.

VF is one of the most accessible fighting games easily

I found the complete opposite. I'm pretty casual and found Tekken way easier to get into. When I played VF I felt like I had no idea what I was doing.

>pick jacky
>YEAH-ing at every move.

And that's how you virtua fighter.

VF has always been my favorite. It's got a great roster of dynamically different characters, you can customize their looks, and the games usually have the most interesting in-game systems for playing against the CPU (I really loved Evo's ranking stuff and 5's visiting arcades). VF4 also had one of the best training programs I've seen in any fighter--where Guilty Gear and other similar games just try to teach you core combos for characters, VF4 was teaching you mechanics like fuzzy blocking, throw-escape guard, etc.

I also like how grounded it is compared to other fighters. It's not some over the top anime fireball bullshit, it's just dudes fighting dudes. There's floating combos, but that's about the full extent of shit being unrealistic.

Like, goddamn, I love that I can play as a drunk old chinese man in the same game I can play as a pro-wrestler. Shit's so good.

I DONE HANDCUFFED LIGHTNING

I've always wondered what the hell that means.

VF boils down the strike-guard-block (rock-paper-scissors) game into its best iteration, imo.

Let me put it this way

You know how the fgc prides themselves in how hard their genre is? They wouldn’t play Virtua Fighter because it was actually too hard.

>They wouldn’t play Virtua Fighter because it was actually too hard.

lul. SEGA too based for casuals and hardcore.

>where Guilty Gear and other similar games just try to teach you core combos for characters
Xrd literally teaches you everything you listed and more, the combdz yo trials are a different thing.

>caring about what the FGC thinks

This guy

I don't really play fighting games anymore but this is pretty awesome if true, virtua fighter is totally rad

Never played VF before. How does it compare to Tekken (since that seems like the most obvious compatison)?

It means he's fast!

I always loved Leon's cheesy quotes the most. "I'm twice the man I used to be!" was the best. I recall a tournament winner using that quote when coming back after a loss the previous year and beating the opponent who won over him last time. Shit was cash.

I tended to play the Asian characters, so I had no fucking clue what they were saying.

Still, I think my favorite might be
>WELCOME TO THE BRAD SHOW

That's cool, glad more fighters are teaching the actual tech to players. That was always the hugest gap for casual entry, imo.

More like nobody plays it because it's dead as fuck and the only playerbase it has are dickriders that can't play the game at high level.

I always lol when I hear not Rey mysterio saying I AM THE ULTIMATE.

Tekken involves a lot of shuffling back and forth and baiting to whiff punish moves. Virtua Fighter is more agressive and rushdown oriented.

Tekken has a lot of infinites and silly bullshit, comparatively.

Virtua Fighter is more grounded and while the grapple game is on-par, VF's three dimensional arenas are more important to the gameplay.

Every time I lost in VF, I knew exactly why and what I could've done to stop it. Can't really say that for Tekken.

It's the most technically advanced fighting system outside of actually going out and fighting someone in the streets in real life.

>because it was actually too hard
That's not why no one plays it. 3D fighters are inherently less popular at tournament play, and Sega just stopped pushing the series in the west after a while. VF4 Evo was actually pretty popular at the time, by 3D fighter standards anyway.

>you to just go for combos all day
VF5FS has longer combos than Street Fighter and Soul Calibur. Not that it means anything because "you just go for combos all day" doesn't even make sense when describing any fighter at all, combos are just the end result of successfully launching your opponent whereas everything leading up to that point is how you'd describe a game.

If you're talking about the older games, then Tekken had short, high damage combos like older VF up until Tekken 6 happened too. MK's the only fighter that has pretty much always had long combos, if for whatever reason that bothers you.

it's sort of more technical and stiff but if you get super super good at it then it's like perfect, according to the people who are good at it

Yes, it still uses 3 buttons (punch, kick , guard).

also the anime is pretty good and akira is cooler than ryu

...there's a Virtua Fighter anime?

I think people are misunderstanding Tekken to say it's easy. It's also a very dififcult game with high execution and heaps of knowledge required to even scratch the surface. That's pretty much why it's dominated by Star Craft Koreans. What people mean to say is Tekken has more casual appeal.

I just like the fighting games where I can mash buttons and occasionally win. I can't do that in VF.

It has a low skill floor, and a decently high enough skill ceiling. The exact shit Sup Forums begs for fighting games in general to have but people here only "play" the dead fighters that they can pretend to be good at.

yep it's like 36 episodes too

Have you even played a VF game before? They're very masher friendly, very few moves are bound to specific directional inputs or whatever and unless you just decide to not pay attention to the other player blocking you can mash and occasionally win easily against others of the same skill level.

>low skill floor

>go online
>get fucked up by KBDing green rank niggers

Yeah, the game itself has a low skill floor. The game is also a few years old so yeah no shit the only people still online are people who have some idea what they're doing, that has nothing to do with how the game is built.

Reminder: If you can't do a 1f K+G, you're trash.

Shutup faggot, tekken is trash which is only redeemable when placed next to turbotrash like doa. Vf and kof or bust

This is blatantly false in VF 4 and 5.

they're not even good bro, just block that move that launches you, k?

It's the most applicable to VF5, very few moves are bound to specific directional inputs or whatever and unless you just decide to not pay attention to the other player blocking you can mash and occasionally win easily against others of the same skill level.

Switch version please. I hate how my PS4 has literally become a pure fighting game machine.

3D fighters get sidelined so hard as it is that you'd think it's fanbases would just stick together or something. You guys are more disorganized than animefags.

>why, so they can make more sanic coldsteel games?
fuck off nigger I want more OutRun

The most you can do without directional input is a simple PPK, combo.

The last VF i've played was VF2 and mashing wouldn't win you a single round in that game against anyone who had an understanding of how the game works. If you wanted a braindead mashing fighter, back in the day you'd play Tekken.

>virtua fighter
Into the trash

I played the crap out of VF 5 for 360. I liked Quest mode very much. I was sad they didn't include that mode when they made VF5FS. I hope 6 has it

Depends on the character. With Lau or Lei-Fei, sure. With Aoi or Goh, no not really.

>against anyone who had an understanding of how the game works.
That's not what people are talking about. Mashing doesn't work against anyone who had an understand of how the game works in general, not just in VF. People are referring to two casuals playing each other.

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, Dragonball and NRS games have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

Like injustice and dbz

Are VF and DOA set in the same universe

In that case, it's going to be whoever's using the shoulder buttons will win.

i think so..they have some of the same characters and it's kinda the same system, more or less

>tekken
>very dififcult game
>high execution
>heaps of knowledge required to even scratch the surface
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH MY FUCKING GOD MY SIDES
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>OH MY FUCKING GOD MY SIDES
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This but unironically.

>HAHAHAHAHAAH
>not OH NONONONONO
Get your fucking memes right

It's just Sup Forums, most people here don't play the fighting games they talk about so they just look for shit to argue about while posting wojaks.

Also can you even call anime fighter-fags disorganized anymore when they have entire tournaments to themselves nowadays?

Does VF have any hot girls like Soul Calibur?

>3D fighters get sidelined so hard as it is
Speaking of which, I haven't seen any threads about the fact that Tekken is going to be on TV next month.

Blazblue kinda is right now because most of the fanbase is feeling apathetic or disinterested in ctb understandably. Soon CF will get phased out at tournaments because they're not organised enough to keep it going but ctb isn't gonna replace that either.

They're cute, but it's running on an old engine so they're relly not as good looking as some of the newer games. Movements are still leaps and bounds better than any 3D fighting games though. It's like some motion capture magic.

Dural is technically a mom if we're going by the games until 4.

Also, Vanessa in VF5.

>very few moves are bound to specific directional inputs
wrong, the vast majority of the movelist is

>you can mash
mashing doesn't even work in vf, like nothing comes out because of the way the buffer/combo system is designed

it's all about the boys

Proof?

Vf5 and its updates made the series easier..

And?
Nobody outside of Japan even plays it.

Pretty much. now every match is
>look for an opening
>launch
>combo
>bounce
>combo
>chase
>repeat

If VF5FS was more popular you guys absolutely would just be complaining that it's casualized shit compared to VF4:E and write it off on that basis, you dumb contrarian fucks

>They're very masher friendly
>very few moves are bound to specific directional inputs
objectively wrong

>unless you just decide to not pay attention to the other player blocking you can mash and occasionally win easily
wrong, they'll be - then you can throw them, unless they CD fuzzy, which is a more high level tactic, and even then there are counters to that

you're probably that retarded bloody roar faggot

it is because of them removing multiple throw tech directions/mte and adding bound combos, but it's still pretty much the same game

Unironically this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9liok6oQIwQ