Wow. Just wow

Wow. Just wow.

Urakawa couldn't write a satisfying ending to save his life.

What is the vidya equivalent of monster?

Read 20th Century Boys

nier automata

kek no

Brainlet

fuck, wrong board

its fine Sup Forums is an anime board too

What was wrong with it? I like Monster, 20tc century boys and Billy Bat right to the end
Fuck I love his stuff, I wish the new series would update faster

Dark Souls

All I remember about the later parts of the series is that you can't shoot someone who's playing music...
Wait, it's not the one that ended with everyone flyinf around the earth beating eachother up, is it? I think that was a horror manga

I'm so fucking mad I let myself get drawn into that.

"DIIIIIEEEETEEERRRR"

>Wait, it's not the one that ended with everyone flyinf around the earth beating eachother up, is it? I think that was a horror manga
That's Junji Ito's Hellstar Remina, and it was positively hilarious.

Uh excuse me but this seems to anime related, this board is for talking about politics.

Monster has one problem only, too long with too much nothing happening.

Oh yeah...
Well, I've obviously reached the point where I've read so many damn manga that I can't keep them straight in my head anymore.

what the fuck was even johan's motivation? the "perfect suicide" that was introduced in the last two dozen chapters? what happened to the "new hitler" angle?

I agree. Although monster had some tense moments which made up for the drag

>Pluto
>20th century boys
>Monster
How can one man be so based?

urakawa has the amazing ability to write an interesting, intricate tapestry of characters that he does absolutely nothing with

>Urakawa
>urakawa

explain this meme to me

Pluto is the least worst of the "thrillers with bad endings"

Is Keaton any good?

Hey Billy Bat is fucking great too

20th Century Boys is awesome because there's so many time skips and character progression. If you ever complained about nothing happening in Monster 20th Century Boys is the opposite.

Keaton is basically just macgyver in comic form.

meh
I live in Germany so I just read it for the background art

>Is Keaton any good?

I love Master Keaton but its completely different from his later work, no mystery or plot twists.

Itt: overrated shit

Give back rightful Polish clay

you first

I kid tho, surely you're not one of those types

I'm fine with pulp fiction so long as it's well executed

>is awesome because there's so many time skips and character progression
That's literally why it's garbage. The story jumps all over the place.
Billy bat does it better and it's literally the story about time altering cartoon space demon bats of the apocalypse.

Wow..Sup Forums really is Sup Forums

>no 20cb anime by same company ever

woops i'm retarded

Watched Erased, Death Note and then Monster, then switched tune to Jojo. It's great but I need another thriller. Is 20th Century Boys unironically good or is it just hyped up crap? Does it have as dumb of an ending as Monster? No spoilers please my friends

I forgot how 20th century boys ended, only that Kenji wasn't dead and was singing a bob dylen/john lennon song. And he said something to Kanna that made her sad, something like she only did things worse, idk.

I almost remember everything from monster, I read it so many times, watched it so many times.
I love it so much, everything about it.

Rampage World Tour

My fav manga right now has to be Shokugeki no Soma.

Playing out Shounen tropes with cook offs is hilarious

Calm down!

yeah its not happening at this point which is really sad.

>unironically good or just hyped up crap
Nigga how is anybody supposed to even answer that?
I love it, why don't you try reading it and figure out if you do too

That one is even worse.

>lol i got bullied so i killed 75% of the human population
Even the villain in Fire Punch had a better motivation.

The first half or so of 20th Century Boys is incredible, then it starts declining into an ultimately stupid, unsatisfying ending. I'd tentatively recommend it because the first half is just that good.

I will ad this to my huge backlog then

Try Hoshi no Samidare. It's similar enough in tone yet completely different

>anime
But why

you better clear the path in this backlog of yours and read it now

>ITT: Overrated shit.

is he ded?

I think the only time he actually wrote an okay ending was Pluto and even then it was basically the original story's ending from Astro Boy.
Anyway, Videogames

Nice meme. Why does Sup Forums think this is overrated?

It's well-liked.

you don't know what a bad ending is until you read Liar Game

No, but should have died.

Monster is way better than any moeshit will ever be

>fun characters
>fun setting
>fun intrigue
Literally what happened?

The revelation was shit
>hurr durr remember this guy idolizes hitler
Atleast the journey was nice.

I also just wanted to watch Star Wars

it's overrated shit that should've stayed as a manga

It's just children rebelling.
It was probably one of the most recommended manga/anime until 2011-2013 and with influx of new people who never experienced it came a backlash.

>it's overrated because anime is shit
Nobody mentioned the anime though.

The "ITT: Overrated shit" posts usually refer to the anime.

I know everyone thinks Johan should have died but that's because most people don't understand the point of Monster. And I don't blame them. It's one of these innocent shows for children or teenagers that is actually loaded with some potent philosophy about the human condition that will not be noticed by anyone ever, much like children fairy tales.
The only reason I am pointing this out is because Johan dying at the end would not make any sense. He could only have lived.

But why mention it at all when nothing in the thread indicates anyone talking about the anime?

The OP is even a pic from the manga.

I read it last year and the plot was shit, the only good parts were the doctor having outlaw adventures

>you will never make the humanity go extinct and wait until it's restored again so you can actually play MGSV Chapter 3

johan didn't even have a compelling motivation

why do people hate the anime so much? did they change a lot from the manga?

because it's a shitty meme

People love this anime and hating on it is just /a inside meme.

>I know everyone thinks Johan should have died but that's because most people don't understand the point of Monster.
>Johan dying at the end would not make any sense. He could only have lived.
Please elaborate.

They changed nothing.

Bioshock Infinite

Biscuit hammer is fucking gay

What the fuck are you on about? His motivation was that he was evil and literally Hitler. Truly a god-tier villain.

Yes he did.
Everyone has a compelling motivation to kill a good chunk of humanity. Because life is suffering, and it's easy to blame others for it, it's what everyone does in fact. All of us have immense potential for evil. Of course, only a small portion actually puts these fantasies to action. Johan's past enabled him in many ways, unsolved mommy issues and spending his childhood in with nazis being the most obvious ones.
Johan was pretty infantile. He learned ever since a child that he could inflict an immense amount of pain and sadness on others and get away with it. He became curious, when an adult, about how much pain he could inflict until he would be ultimately caught. And it was all a gig to escape his own mental chaos regarding his mommy issues. The way he kills his new family while little is also interesting, but there's not enough information to tell what was the point in doing that.
Johan could not have lived because Tenma was there. Tenma is the exact opposite of Johan. He suffers, but he does not blame others, instead he simply tries to improve himself. Ever since the first episode when others' actions led him to allow someone to die in vain, he tried to confront these who did it and noticed it was pointless.
So what did he do? He just stayed truthful to himself. The next time a patient arrived, he did what he thought was the right thing. He did not blame others anymore, he realized changing the hospital or the director was pointless, he just did what he could, and he almost lost his job because of that. Tenma is light, order, responsibility, self consciousness.
Only Tenma could kill Johan. I thought his sister would do it but it became obvious after a while that she had way too much internal conflict to be able to even pull the trigger. Only Tenma could do it, but he would never do that, it'd be a contradiction to his character. He could only save Johan over and over again.

your gay

>Johan could not have lived because Tenma was there.
could not have died*

People are never happy with endings, regardless.

Say that again and you'll regret it

no u

Max Payne

Urasawa.

And I liked Monster's ending.

G
A
Y

Billy Bats ending felt extremly rushed.
Maybe half a dozen more chapters to illustrate what the fuck happened to the world instead of simply having a radio telling you that the world went balls up would've helped.

It's more mecha but Bokurano hit a lot of the same notes I enjoyed from Monster. Just be sure to read the manga.

The Mass Effect trilogy.

Bros, Should I read Pluto or Billy Bat?

>That's literally why it's garbage. The story jumps all over the place.

Only towards the end with the VR stuff it gets a bit confusing from what I remember, otherwise it was always prety clear what time period it played in.

Yes

I think you're missing the point of what the show is saying about "evil".
They spent about half the story detailing Johan's trauma along his sociopathic tendencies.

fuck you for reminding me

Both

It has a better ending, but there's less substance to it. It's decompressed as fuuuuuuck.