At what point did Blizzard become the bad guy?

At what point did Blizzard become the bad guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/ects-2001-world-of-warcraft-announced/1100-2810134/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When they sold out to Activision. Really it took a bit of time to get REALLY shitty, but the sellout was the causation.

>everything before merger is good
>everything after merger is okay or shit

HMMM

warlords/hearthstone

This
Reeee underage fag get out

They've always been shit. All their good games were either made by non-Blizzard teams (Diablo I and II) or just stolen IPs (original Warcraft/Starcraft).

>hating the worst blizzard products makes me underage

when wow became worth 100x more than anything else the company had ever done or planned to do.

Never, still make the best games in the industry.

>stolen IPs

Making you kill one of the heroes from diablo 1 when you're level 2 and then another at like level 16 was pretty bad, but it was old blizzard so it's ok

>thinking warlords/hearthstone is where it went wrong
Thats how you outed yourself kiddie

This is the only correct answer.

Killing their only good studio, Blizzard North,

The Celestial Steed was basically WoW's horse armor. I think people even joked about it back then. Everyone was aware of the shit it could lead to.

Their refusal to make The Lost Vikings 3, or include more Lost Viking characters in Heroes of the Storm.

They're a pretty good guy as far as giant corporations go. They're not a niche PC gaming studio they were in 2002. It's only natural. But at least they make games unlike Valve.

The sad thing is a lot of spells/abillities in Legion up carbon copies from diablo. They even try to do the same sort of itemization and you can buy gear by doing portals/wq.

Blizzard are so uncreative that they steal from their own games now.

Activshit got to ride on the coat tails of good will of blizzards fanbase. They have finally burnt that bridge but now normies keep that shit alive. Instead of hardcore games for hardcore gamers it is all casual shitters playing casual shit.
>TFW you just want to see it burn but it never will because of casuals

When they went full valve and stopped giving a shit about making video games, instead only release a lackluster patch every now and then for their very few games.

They are a fucking tumor on the industry. People are giving so fucking much money to them and they don't do jackshit with it except for feeding their private bank accounts. Seriously, at least just support other developers and publish their games if you don't want to develop shit.

When they made WOW instead of Warcraft 4 or Starcraft Ghost or anything else really.

When they made bad games.

Is better they wont make warcraft 4, I have a feeling it would probably be close to Dawn of war 3. They would try to make it into an esport/moba like and completely kill the series.

They might be the worst blizzard product but blizzard was shit well before that.

11th post best post

diablo 1&2 pioneered a LOT of shit they used for vanilla wow, retard

All blizzard game are extremely casual, neckbeard.

>the bar for pretty good is set at "at least they make games"
i love modern vidya

It's true, though. Look it up. Blizzard originally wanted to do a Warhammer game, but couldn't get permission. They ended up copying and modifying the Warhammer and WH40K universe to make Warcraft and Starcraft.

when they announced in TBC that the 15/mo wasn't needed for servers anymore but for free money and it still exists a decade later

They literally predicted their fate. They are Arthas well meaning and obsessive to do what they think is best. They merge with a shady fuck and end up corrupted. Rip.

>Yeah D2 Seems pretty casual now that the game is literally solved after 20 fucking years.
fucking kek
>SC1 casual
fucking kek
>D1 casual
fucking kek
The most casual shit they made was warcraft 1/2 and even then it was not fucking casual compared to what was out at the time
Are you underage friend?

They did fail to get the Warhammer license, but the original Warcraft was so generic that you could claim it copies literally every work of Tolkien-derivative fantasy.

When you started coming to Sup Forums.

When they gave up on Warcraft 4, took the hero units they had and shitted out a barely functional MMO; which has grown like cancer and consumed as many if not more lives.

ELVES AND ALIENS ORIGINAL CONCEPT PLEASE DO NOT STEAL

World of Warcraft was in development before Warcraft 3 even released, user. Warcraft 4 has never existed.

Lol RTS games are shit as is evidenced by barely anyone playing them. You think you want WC4 but you don't.

>Brainlet can't win in online RTS

I am this brainlet. How do I get korean level skills?

Nope, the massively multiplayer warcraft 4 was in development before they scrapped most of it in favor of only having control over a single hero unit each. There were going to be player controlled armies roaming an open world map. If you're actually old enough to have read this in magazines concerning its development, you'd already know this. But let's be honest here, you were probably born after the MMO was released.

Gonna need even a singleicious satisfact to snack up that utter bullshit.

gamespot.com/articles/ects-2001-world-of-warcraft-announced/1100-2810134/

Although the decline started 2-3 years earlier, they showed their true intentions with the release of Diablo 3 and RMAH.

WoW

lmao

Games Workshop really screwed the pooch on that one, didn't they

>Is your mom korean?
>Is your dad korean?
Sorry your shit out of luck

>Blizzard in charge of being confident in their own games

This

You don't know shit. The Diablo team was in HUGE financial trouble and they were all very glad to be bough by Blizzard. They actually had the chance to be bought by a difference company for twice as much money and they chose blizz because they felt like their visions were aligned. Don't make it sound like they are like EA who buy out studios against the owners wishes

When they lost bill roper.

You're confusing this with the warcraft 3 alpha, that was supposed to be like this, before they kicked out bill roper.

WoW shekels made them too big and too greedy. You could tell in SC2 and it got worse in D3.

is there any mmo where you control armies anyway? even if it's an obscure game, do you know of anything like it? seems like a niche that could be explored

When they fired Blizzard North

um... where are the females?

Fpbp

In a way, Eve Online.
You must belong to an elite group though.

likely some of them transitioned by now

Known to very few people, when TBC was announced.

TBC used assets that were suppost to be added into vanilla but instead they decided to sell it as an expansion and make money.

The merger was the first hint people got though to dark times ahead.

Starcraft 2, was when people took notice of shit going south but it wasnt until Diablo 3 came out that really solidifed how badly the quality had deteriorated to over at Blizz. Gone were the days of releasing a game when it was done right, but everyone got the message.

So 2012 is when they became the bad guy for everyone. Unless youre a moron. Until then people were thinking stuff like SC2 was a fluke.

I thought you only controlled one ship at a time?

Atlantica Online was like this but it's probably dead now. It was basically HOMM the MMO, but with real world locations

Since WoW. All games from then were utter overhyped bullshit.

There were a few attempted ones around the WoW times when people were trying to jump on the MMO bandwagon from multiple angles. Don't think any actually materialized though.

Seems really hard to make unless you just turn everything instanced in which case you basically already have it in the form of all these shitty phone games. You could take that concept and expand on it - I remember reading about one that was supposed to be about you controlling planets which you could develop and you'd fight wars between them, which is just a fancy way of making everything instanced - but I have a hard time thinking about how you could really take it beyond that.

>TBC used assets that were suppost to be added into vanilla but instead they decided to sell it as an expansion and make money.
That's ridiculous. Just because they started making the assets before the expansion was announced that doesn't mean shit. Earlier Blizzard games (Diablo, War and SC) all had the same product cycle of releasing an expansion later on

When they killed mmorpgs forever with their shitty game

>That's ridiculous
Yes of course , we don't see that kind of practice being common place in this day and age do we
Fucking idiot

you're a retard who thinks expansions are bad

>wants to pay more money to play his subscription-based MMO
>calls others retards

It is probably a networking nightmare, all the data needed to update the actions of even a small number of units per player would get out of hand in no time. Just thinking of how bad WoW performs in huge PvP battles is enough to understand it's a bad idea. I guess thats's why Atlantica Online is turn based.

God forbid companies make money for creating new content. I'm not defending bad expansions like WoD but TBC was more than worth its price

They still do shit like that, most of the new mobs use the same skeleton and animation as other assets already in the game. They just do a paint job and call it a day.

i think its okay for DLC to exist in persistent games you can play for years. I'd rather play $X for a well made expansion to a game than just have them pump out shit for cheap. If however many dollars means they can get good writers and artists working on stuff and put out something interesting i don't see the problem. not saying thats how it always works out, unfortunately.

Meh even paying 40 dollars every few years nothing, I get a lot more play time from it than any new triple A game.

>TBC used assets that were suppost to be added into vanilla but instead they decided to sell it as an expansion and make money.

So what? Do you know how much content they released for TBC? An entire game's worth. It absolutely warranted a separate expansion.

>evidenced by barely anyone playing them
By this logic LoL is the best game ever made. Pure art in video game form.

Nice strawman. The point is that Blizzard is shit at making their own games. They have to copy/buy other ideas or else they end up with shit like Diablo 3.