He fell for the windows10 gaming meme

>he fell for the windows10 gaming meme

>looking at prebuilts because fucking bitcoinfags made everything expensive
>everything has windows 10

You can install anything you want you stupid retard

You know you're in a bad state when seeing this hits you hard.

>"this PC" instead of "my computer"
>your PC isn't yours anymore, it's just ours to feed you ads

>Install Windows 7 on a Win10 prebuilt
>No networking or sound drivers, they don't exist for Win7

Everyone should be using Linux on their main system with a Windows VM through qemu/kvm with PCI passthrough.

I get network and sound driver updates just fine on W7, maybe you are just an idiot.

someone post jack

>about to replace my motherboard, ram and processor
>dug up my 8 year old disk of Windows 7 to reinstall

>Install win7 on a fresh custom build
>Sound drivers cause bluescreens every couple days
>Replaced shit drivers with working ones

Ain't had a problem since, ya'll faggots give up to easy

>Everyone should be using Linux on their main system with a Windows VM through qemu/kvm with PCI passthrough

This but unironically

Is your PC a Win10 prebuilt?

I think you're just a fucking illiterate moron who skipped over that part.

Do you not know how to wipe a partition and install a new OS or something?

Fuck off, lunix shill. Drivers for 8/10 usually work on 7 too.

Can you actually get good gaming performance this way or is it still shit

My point is that if you installed Win7 on it, chances are high that there's no networking, sound, or some other driver available for Win7 for that hardware.

Is English your first language? Because if it is, honestly fucking kill yourself retard, you can't read.

It told you it was only gonna let you roll back for a certain period of time user

>Not buying an I5 or above Win7 PC at the time and it still run perfectly years later.
Feel bad for this generation and shit. They don't know the fun and stability of a Win7 PC/Laptop.

I've been using 10 since before public availability and only had a few issues with the Start menu.
What's the big deal?

Yes, PCI pass-through lets the VM use the GPU natively, so gaming performance doesn't change at all.

But you need two gpus if you do this, one for the host OS, and one for the VM, you can get a cheapo gt 1030 for the host and than use your powerful gaming one for the VM.

good? that's debatable. some games run fine. others do not. it's a roll of the dice and THE only reason why Linux is not my main driver on all my PCs

>still running the Win7 build I did for my birthday from 2014
>Managed to spiff the activation code so no $100 Win7 key
YES
>Hardware hasn't been updated since then besides adding RAM
NO
My brother got a "gaming" laptop for Christmas and it has better specs than my desktop, and doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner when you run it.

Passing through a second GPU and USB ports gives you practically native performance with practically no latency.

You need a processor/mobo that supports VT-d, and many motherboards that do, still don't have the PCI-e slots in separate IOMMU groups, which is required.

So

1) Many people don't have hardware capable of doing this
2) It's pretty complicated to do, especially for someone who has never even used Linux, I doubt you've ever actually done it correctly

This is what stops many people.

Not the guy youre talking to, but I just bought a prebuilt with win10 on it, wiped it and put on a pirated win7, had literally no problem finding and installing every driver i need.

Maybe youre just a brainlet

Holy shit you fucking retard you don't even understand what he's talking about.

You obviously think he's talking about Wine, you fucking moron.

OK, do you not know how to PROPERLY install a new OS? That is now a rhetorical question, because you clearly do not. You do know that most intelligent people download all drivers on another PC, put them on a USB drive, and then install with the manual installer, right? Fucking mongoloids man, how do you people even use the internet? How did you even find this fucking website if you are that bad at computers?

A E S T H E T I C

I've used Linux as my main OS for over 7 years.

>You do know that most intelligent people download all drivers on another PC, put them on a USB drive

Let me make this very clear for you...

My point is that...

What happens when...

You can't download these drivers because...

THE WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS YOU NEED DO NOT EXIST

thanks doc

jesus christ what is that, a barneyfag theme?

>before public availability
How much did Microsoft pay you then?

>wanglos

but they do exist XD

Free BizSpark account for a couple of years.

The fuck

>sister gives me a broken-ass windows 8 computer she doesn't use any more
>install windows 7 on it
>magically everything works just fine

it's like windows seven was good, or something

Most manufacturers are being pressured by Microsoft to not make windows 7 drivers available

I've been running Linux since I upgraded to a ryzen 7, haven't looked back. Id rather give up half my steam library than generate a single penny of ad revenue for kike-rosoft

>women
>computers

Was most likely filled to the brim with malware.

>Photo of screen
>Ads
>That colour scheme
>That task bar
nigga what the fuck

PC gaming is going to fucking die. God damn it why can't people learn to make games for Linux.

Brainlets, when will you EVER fucking LEARN? Anyone can install Linux on a PC and fell proud of themselves for being a mememan and sticking it to Windows, but the fact that you didn't even name what fucking distro you use tells me you use Fedora or Redhat like a fucking tool. Unless you use a self-coded Unix, you are not a special snowflake, you cunt. I shouldn't even be responding to this shit, it's obviously a troll, you even added the reddit spacing for extra effect.

Seriously. Win7 is so fucking stable, I love it. Pretty much never, ever had OS related troubles in 8 years of using it and there's not really a feature I could think of that's really missing. The OS has never really limited me in what I could and could not do on it nor unncessarily complicated easy tasks like setting up a network.

Meanwhile all my friends' PCs have had at least one incident each where Windows 10 broke itself after updates or during the upgrade process and refused to boot.
Honestly, I'm gonna ride this wave all the way to the end of life and then I'll wait for the first major security flaw/incompatibility before I drop Win7.

stop buying computers with the worlds shittiest components then. even half-decent parts that require drivers will provide them for many different operating systems. and if they don't just shell out the $30 or so for an external network and audio device that has drivers.

Is this an extremely recent thing or are you people buying brand fucking new hardware from the starship enterprise where their idea of legacy support is window 15?

it works because you wiped the hard drive of all her viruses

it was actually running ubuntu when i got it, but the motherboard had some specific shit set up that it was only supposed to run windows 8 or whatever

8 is unironically fine, aside from tabletized interface.

>windows 7
>10 minutes of optimisation/turning off retarded settings needed for it to be a good OS
>windows 10
>2 hours of turning off the most bizarre settings, design choices, its still a piece of shit

for example windows defender, "we'll turn on windows defender automatically if you have had it disabled for longer than we like"

cheeky fucking bastards, ill enable it when i want you cocksuckers, i know you're gagging to put more spyware on my pc with forced updates but you can go kill yourself, instead

"this program crashed, sending report to microsoft" excuse me? no choice? you're seriously going to be this much of a faggot to not give me a button that says "send report to microsoft?" unbelievable. disgusting.

the search bar brings up search results from Bing before the shit im actually looking for, an easy fix to be sure but another example of the sheer ridiculousness of this design philosophy

i have fantasies of hoarding pre-windows 10 hardware and selling them like a secret merchant in a cyberpunk dystopian MS-dominated future.

You've gotten lucky or are easy to please.

Sure fucking hope you started to collect GPUs about a year ago m8

>It's fine except the means by which you do anything on it
Hmm

My gaming PC has W10 and it runs good. Never had an issue. But then again, admit it, you never use your PC for gaming, and when you do, it's 5 hours of modding Skyrim again and then playing for 15 mins before you get tired and switch on your console.

I own all consoles and two high end gaming PC's, so this isn't a meme. Just a observation from my time owning all systems.

Maybe it's both.

I'd install one of those stripped W10 builds going about with none of the telemetry and none of the MS apps but it's 95% certain the uploaders build in backdoors.

>sister gives me a broken-ass windows 8 computer she doesn't use any more
AND YOU DIDN'T CHECK FOR NUDES N SHIT. Not for you tho. But it could have been good for us.

Still have a win10 laptop from back when my only gaming option was either that or mobile games, I still never found a way to make it stop fucking the hard disk at 100% for 5 minutes every time i turned the fucker on.

>PC gaming is going to fucking die
What are you talking about PC is the immortal when it comes to gaming. Look how many anons use it for Gangbang mods for Skyrim and such. You are on crack if you think PC will ever fall.

It is still a no-bullshit system otherwise and the interface itself is mostly unintrusive because you do everything in desktop mode anyway. If it really bothers you, though, it is fixable with a few simple mods, and in baisic state it's easily the GOAT system for actual tablets.

>Buy a prebuilt
>What, are you getting new hardware? LOL

I couldn't get it to work, sorry.

>get Windows 10 with new build
>try to play Platinum's Legend of Korra again after I hear how it got nuked from all stores
>it just doesn't run on 10
I have to fucking run it on my Windows 7 laptop, then stream it to my new PC. What other games just don't run on 10?

>Win7 is so fucking stable
I know right my I8 Win 7 laptop is stronger still years later than ever on Win10. Feel bad a friend who is a feel lance developer had his Win7 crash and burn. Lost the Win7 install disc too. And now fucking hates Win10 is fucks up so badly for them.

Why don't they sell win7 keys anymore, they gave 10 for free but they can still make money with 7

Dank

>tfw my pirated copy of w7 has already saved me for more than 6 times

>unexpected store exception blocks your path

>We have to go back.
>WE HAVE TO GO BACK.
>I'm sorry, but you can't go back.
>PLEASE. WE HAVE TO GO B-
>I'm sorry, John. I'm truly sorry. You can't go back. You can't.

>immortal
It's either sacrifice half your library for Linux, Sacrifice half your performance in wine to play said sacrificed games or let Microsoft fuck you in the ass.

Wont let them own your computer as fast or as good

Search around for OEM keys, it's the only source I could find a year ago when I built my rig

Thanks doc

The only issue I have with Windows 10 is network metric doesn't work so I can change the priority of network devices. No one has found a solution.

because daz loader exists you mongoloid

All 7th generation Intel processors and newer do not support windows 7, there are no chipset drivers available for it. Same goes for Ryzen. Basically any new cpu nowadays is not going to support win7

>it runs gud
>skyrim
>consoles
EVERY
RED(dit)
FLAG

I couldnt get GTA IV to work, but I also didn't try that hard. Also, I believe Fallout 3 doesnt work on anything above W7.

Install SSD as boot drive. GG ez

>but they can still make money with 7
YEAH but Microsoft can't track or monitor your data traffic on Win7. On Win10 they are constantly watching over your shoulder. Without you knowing it.

i only buy consoles when they're clearanced

If you get Windows 10 pro or whatever. Do they still offer the ability to downgrade to Windows 7?
Or do I seriously have to track down a disc of Windows 7?

I guess I should be thankful but for some weird ass reason, as of late, all my windows updates keep "failing to initialize" not matter what I do. Anyone else getting that?

>win 10 is aids its cancer its horrible its RUINING MY LIFE
>why
>never any response except insults
can someone actually explain what the problem is? I don't care if I'm being spied on and I have never had one issue or heard of anyone having an issue just for gaming.

>there are no chipset drivers available for it
so just make your own, people on Sup Forums have been doing it for years

doesn't developers through the years use PCs to make games for consoles tho? So how will it fall?

>Fallout 3 doesnt work on anything above W7.
Unless you use steam for stability. Fallout 3 had a massive curse on Win7 for not working for shit. NV fine. F3 nope auto crash.

Is the only legit one from mdl? There's so many copycat sites when I put it in google

what games are you playing that are graphic intensive? there are no good games that require a decent computer, that's all console shit.

>still gayming on a 2008 lga775 office pc with pentium and gt220
>only play tf2 since 2011
just epic

>Without you knowing it.
What are you talking about, I'm fapping this hard because I know someone is watching

>Can tweak anything away but telemetry in Pro and >Home
>No one bothers installing Enterprise despite group policies having a disable telemetry feature
>People fell for the LTSB meme

>Do they still offer the ability to downgrade to Windows 7?
ahahaha No. That was a one time offer. Start hunting for that Win7 disc.

>Only works on windows 10
Fuck, guess I'm not playing it.

I'm telling you they have a full fucking history of Win10 users files and all that shit. So they can be more involved with people or catch them out for illegal shit. I'd rather have Win7 so they can't look at my Scat files.

I've owned all relevant consoles of the past three generation, and I only play on them if there's no PC version available.
I see no reason to play on a console if it runs well on PC. It looks better, I can use any controller I want, and quickly tab out if I need something outside the game.
Still, consoles are invaluable to me because of their exclusives