What was the moral of the story?

What was the moral of the story?

The bigger it is the harder if falls

Don't add shitty new content to your remake.

If your bird dies, don't be a sad cunt about it.

Don't "fix" what ain't broken

Learn to let go or suffer the consequences.

All tall people should die

never trust anything black.

*Trophy sound effect*

Was Dormin actually evil?

considering it was imprisoned in a place called the forbidden lands, and the effects it has on wander, and then possessing wander's body and turning into the BBC, probably.

Maybe rules actually should not be broken and maybe you should not go out of your way to kill these weird creatures who never actually started to fight.

Don't think with your dick.

Were the colossi created to house parts of Dormin or did they just forcible put them into already existing beings?

The real question is was Mono the Queen in Ico?

They quite clearly warned Wander, and could have just not brought Mono back

Don't put pusy on a pedestal.

Manlets are dangerous.

kek

Exactly this. They'll just wind up babying you after you look like a total bastard to everyone else.

Question shadow-tentacles rape

"Sometimes, you just need to let go."

That's basically the message. If Wander had just accepted Mono's death, he wouldn't have killed these beautiful creatures and released a disruptive powerful entity.

All the game he clings on to Agro and the Colossi. At the end, you are forced to let go, you can hold on as much as you like but it won't do any good.

He did achieve his goal, but it's reasonable to assume that the original Wander is gone at the end, and never truly got to meet his beloved again. She's left to pick up the pieces.

>Posting seriously because you are a boring cunt that can't make a funny comment
Fag

I like to think it's the former but who knows.

If you fuck up past the point of no return make sure to keep going.

Are we actually supposed to consider them beautiful creatures tho? They attack you on sight and are revealed to basically be just sealed parts of that evil entity

If you're a fixer who goes to the ends of the world for a girl she'll just baby you in the end.

Probably not.

It was honorable, and upheld its bargain to Wander. I just doubt the humans want such a powerful creature going around uncontrolled.

There's also a sort of implication that it was the result of some forbidden action, or was itself trying to make it happen. It's name is an anagram of Nimrod, and the tower you begin at is basically an analogy to the tower of Babel. The "Forbidden Land" probably has forbidden written in big red letters.

It might be his shadowy powers are the problem, as Wander's descendants become them when killed. The horned children might contain his essence and they pose a threat to most societies.

I forgot nu-Sup Forums hated actual discussion beyond dumb memes.

Considering once the soul shit is taken out they crumble into old-looking stone, dirt, and grass, I'd say the former over the latter-especially since there's places that could obviously be cities and such in the forbidden lands.

Personal headcanon is that Dormin is an amalgamation of a high-end magic society that fused into a hyper-conciousness/god being, and the more conservative elements sealed it because fuck having good things.

There is none OP. It's not a moral story, it's an adventure story.

Only a fucking idiot wouldn't get the lesson, but whatever you say.

I think they were originally idols or statues constructed by the civilisation that used to live there, then served as convenient vessels for his essence.

Dormin's essence gives them life, because giving life to inanimate things is his schtick and such a thing is grossly unnatural and forbidden.

You are meant to feel guilty about killing them.

They are not Dormin, they are living creatures with their own consciousness minding their own business until you come and invade their territory.

Welcome to nu-Sup Forums, faggot.

>Place sucks
>So I can make it suck harder hahahahaha, fuck having fun and shit
Ok nigger.

>it's fun being retarded and regurgitating plebbit memes

nu-Sup Forums

There is no moral. That's why I think this game is so fucking overrated.

You kill the collosus and Dormin turns you into...a baby?

This is why nobody genuinely thinks games are art. Even the most critically acclaimed games are shallow and made purely for spectacles. They have no substance. Grow up and try reading a book for once

Some are aggressive, some are neutral, some are afraid of you.
But yeah, they did nothing to Wander, and would have been able to chill and live peacefully in their valley if it wasn't for him.

Then what is fun to you?
If I have talked about a game more than enough then I have fun making jokes about it.

>You kill the collosus and Dormin turns you into...a baby?
You kill them and Dormin grants your wish while also faustian-bargaining its way into your body/soul to escape the forbidden lands you fucking mouth-breathing pleb. The baby is created because the old shaman man and Wander's people show up and fuck up Dormin/Wander at the end-it's a way for Dormin to try and escape still.

>>also implying stories need morals.

Post your screenshots

What is dead should stay dead

>It was honorable, and upheld its bargain to Wander.
it's called lawful evil
devils hold up their bargains

only 30 FPS on base PS4

Dormin's trick is not explicitly telling Wander what the deal was and essentially preying on someone in need for their own ends.

That doesn't explicitly make Dormin evil, but it doesn't make them particularly just or good.

"Don't kill a bunch of giants that were minding their own business just so you can get some pussy."

The ends do not always justify the means, alternatively two wrongs don't make a right.

>preying on someone in need for their own ends

That literally defines being evil

>implying stories need morals

Good ones do.

pussy is amazing

>giv pusy

The moral is that moral relativism will only harm you in the end. Wanda didn't fucking care what the result of his actions would entail, as long as it fulfilled his wish of bringing Momo back. It was the "other" that cared and punished him for it.
Say we know for a fact that Dormin WAS absolute evil. Wanda, Momo, and their tribes lived in a world where that was true, but it is also truth that his time had passed and reality continued on without him. Or that he never left and the world continued WITH him, in a passable state. Or that Wanda influenced a return to an evil time, but we have evidence that it can/will pass and reality will continue either way.
Wanda's tribe and their dogma is what kills Wanda in the end, not Wanda himself. He was willing to go to extremes for his belief, his tribe was also willing to go to their extremes for theirs. That is where the conflict begins and ends. The game's conclusion is rote and fortold before you the player have even done a single action.

It was the conflict of beliefs from an individual to the group that caused all the hardship of the game, killing the colossus was just an example of Wanda's resolve. Wanda's only failing was not asking Dormin to collapse the bridge as soon as he had enough power to. That would have severed him from the outside influence that opposed him.

stab monsters get trophies

Horses never die

I thought the story was be was worshiped as a god until some dude started a new religion and they literally cut him into 16 pieces. So I'm assuming he just got a little pissy because of that.

He was god, then the culture developed not to need a god of that sort. Dormin is mad because it was left behind by smaller beings that decided they didn't need him. He comes back as fury and hatred because of how he was left.
He wasn't just forgotten. He was slain and dissected into his primary component parts (which are each less threatening than the whole). Then left to rot and the metanarrative for the tribe was that this was a good thing and that his existence was a bad thing. The fact that the tribe considered it good stewardship to continue the story in the manner they did was just a slap in the face on top of the "original sin" of the tribe under him.

If I was a quasi-god figure I'd be pissed too. Especially when one from the tribe comes and doesn't believe or care about the lessons of the tribe relating to him comes to him. It shows the tribe was wrong in their lessons (to Dormin). It validates his existence and gives him the moral writ to exist.

New religion is one thing, but how the group moves from the old to the new is a catalyst in itself that should be looked into.

fpbp

No, being evil would be forgetting your part of the deal and then fucking over wander

ANYTHING for my waifu.

the hard part is letting go

Don't buy remakes/remasters because they ruin the original's style.

They should have added The Spider, The Worm, The Phoenix and The Boar in if they were going to remake it.

damn that looks like shit

You aren't talking about a game. You're actively being a stupid nigger TO people who were trying to talk about a game.

I tried to make it look as shitty looking as the original PS2 version.

Don't make deals with ominous disembodied voices.

doesn't look anything like the ps2 version

Yeah the PS2 version looked like shit.

Taking pictures is fun.

Sadly taking pictures underwater don't look great

sounds like you're mad.

I'm pretty sure Wander knew what he was doing, but I don't know why.

I assume that your lack of argument means that you agree with me then?

Why? Why does something need a moral in order to be good?

>imploding

see

He tells him he'll meet a hefty price but doesn't explicitly say what the price is which I think makes him honorable enough. Also, Wander didn't ask :^)

Talking to a different user, user

Hmmm....oh well I tried.

Although it's pretty close in my opinion

No real morals.

Just a story about a guy who wanted to resurrect his waifu despite the cost.

All I got from it was to stop playing art-fag japanese games

Thats why theres the LAWFUL Evil part, one cant be evil and still have their own code they follow up through.

It's all really, and probably deliberately, ambiguous and honestly can go any way.

Traits to consider Dormin evil:
>Demonic looking
>Was sealed
>Controls your body

Traits to consider Dormin not evil:
>Never Lies/Keeps his side of the bargain
>Warns you ahead of time
>Was sealed by a group that sacrifices people

Dormin is probably completely and blatantly neutral. I imagine the only reason he was sealed away is that he is a giant force of nature who can destroy things just by existing.

He honored his deal and had no ulterior motives.

here

that's awesome

dumping

Well he did achieve his goal, he was just a sacrifice

Can't wait to get that Invisibility Cloak

What did she mean by this?

have more

What is murdering chomps?

Why are you lying?

Wait..

Destroy what you see as evil, and another greater evil will befall you.