Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5aHYD1FcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sly 2.

mario sunshine

Post one

>sony exclusive
NOOOOOOOOOO
KILL YOURSELF RETARDED SON-YGGER NOTHING IS BETTER THAN BING BONG WAHOO AND ZELDA

This.
>worst 3D Mario better than Odyssey

Agree but only because of nostalgia

Jak holds up though.

Yep.
Nope.

Crash 1-3
Spyro 1-3
Rayman 1-3
Sly 1-3
Jak 1-3
Ratchet 1-4.
Oh wow that was hard

I like the first J&D, but it's barely a platformer and has pathetic movement mechanics compared to any 3D Mario.

Crash 1.
Rayman 1.

How?

>Crash
No
>Rayman
Only Origins and Legends
>Sly 1
No
>Ratchet 1-4
Mainly because of the combat and weapons

Odyssey barely qualifies as a platformer.

Worst post ITT

Literally the worst 3d mario.

Best Crash game coming through.

Then what the fuck is it?

SMG 2 > SM3DW > SMG > SMO > SMS > SM64 > SM3DL

>Hard = bad

This.
True, but that's not what the topic is about.
Isn't 4 Deadlocked? That wasn't even a platformer.
Fuck no.

no

>Shitting on the original Rayman
Babyman casual detected

>Galaxy games high on rankings
I'll never understand it. Both games bored me to death

Super Mario bros on NES.
All 3D Mario games are shite, to be honest.

They didn't even test Rayman 1, and the PS1 version of Crash 1 sucks.
Put Sunshine in last and move 3D Land up some. Then we're good.

my nigga

Elder God Tier platformer, right here.

They were damn good, especially Galaxy 2. Hell, SMG2 was probably the single best 3D platformer I've ever played. Still doesn't match the 2D greats, like DKCTF, Megaman 9 and X, or Kirby's RTD, but it's damn good.

>Someone compares Jak to Mario

Well, i should post this

youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5aHYD1FcE

I'll never understand it. I got Galaxy 2 after finding the original super boring (but I did manage to complete it) because everyone said it improved the original game so much. I just couldn't get into it at all. Didn't even finish that one

yes

kill yourself sunshine tard

crash is trash, rayman 3 and ratchet 4 arn't better than odyssey. Otherwise correct

Not that user, but the Rayman was just ok. Another run-of-the-mill 2D platformer.

The first Rayman*

Loved the environment and aesthetic, wish they kept it in the sequels.

Why?

> people shitting on Crash Bandicoot in every single platformer thread

Go fuck yourselves.

why wouldn't we? It's a stuck in between 2D and 3D platformer that's shittier than both. not even counting other consoles spyro was always better

What the fuck is with that?
Its like these fags hate 2d Platformers.

Ape Escape 4

Ape Escape fags need to fuck off

Yeah, I wonder why that is...

there's barely any real platforming in those games. i never understood the appeal.

Not him but I don’t know about you guys but I rather play Crash over games like NSMB or 3D Land (3D World is good though). Much better and has much more personality. Crash actually has some difficulty and charm over those.

nostalgia

You know user I was the exact same way. Although I liked galaxy 1 enough to 100% it still I still thought it was a worse entry than sunshine. Galaxy 2 however felt like a soulless cashgrab that didn't even attempt to make the worlds feel lived in at all. It all just felt like a theme park and I couldn't finish it either.

>rather play Crash over games like NSMB or 3D Land
low hanging fruit

>there's barely any real platforming in those games
did you even played them?

No it isn’t. Somebody says Crash doesn’t excel in 2D or 3D ehen it does so over the mentioned platformers.

yeah they're overrated af. most of what's even remotely challenging has nothing to do with the platforming itself.

it's a low hanging fruit because 3D land is considered one of the worst 3D mario games, NSMB arn't regarded highly either

It is unironically annoying. Hell, I don't even care for Crash that much, but still.

I don't know I haven't played the new Mario yet.

this

What’s so bad about Crash that it can’t be considered good? Yeah there are games that are better then it in thr same genre but that doesn’t make it bad either.

it's understandable because after years of nostalgia crashfags shitting up platformer threads by posing superiority, the remakes came out and exposed the series as being inferior to a bunch of other platformers.

Crash can't go "bing bing wahoo".

I wouldn't say the crash games arn't good, but they definitely don't reach the levels of most 3D marios, the donkey kong games, the spyro games, etc. ND outdid crash themselves with jak and daxter right after as well

nice cop out

Really is a shame we never got another one of these. Jak II and jak III arent much of a platformer

Yes, that one one from the remake, thanks for clearing that up.

It's not made by Nintendo, so Nintendo fanboys automatically despise it.

That fucking atrocious thing was in the original too.
I liked NSMB and NSMB Wii. 3D Land was kind of meh though, I'll give you that. Still, I think I enjoyed it more than replaying the Crash trilogy.

>*findgets spins* WHOA

Does this work on PCSX2?

Its linear, and therefore bad. its literally just openworld fags

Nice cop out answer. How about providing something with a bit of proof next time.

It feels unimaginative, at least that's my main take away from it. There isn't that much creativity.

It's not a cop out answer. Crash is a perfectly fine platformer, but because it's not made by Nintendo, the Nintendo fanboys despise it and try to shit talk it because it's not on their favorite console.

He's not too far off, Crash made a lot off nintendo fans butt-hurt through the 90s rivalry marketing

Nobody said Tomba/Tombi yet?
It's the only honest answer.

>every game posted controls worse
lel

There’s a lot of imagination though. Maybe only the first game is a bit bland but 2 and 3 stepped it up.

Jak and Daxter was ok but the sequels are far better imo

My man.

I see this, too. Honestly, who cares if it isn't as open?
Owning both consoles was awesome.

ANYWAY...

To get back on topic, Mario Galaxy 2 and 3D World.

>what is level design

I don't like Crash but I love Jak (as in it's one of my all time favourites).

controls arn't the only thing to consider. Odyssey's controls are god tier but it falters in level design, especially when compared to its galaxy predecessors

Gex 2-3 ought to count as well.

With that said, Odyssey was still great though.

>Older games control worse

Holy shit

I'm grabbing a PS4 tonight or tomorrow. Is the Jak series available on that at all yet?

Not really.

yup same here. I just don't think the crash games are all that good. Glad they got remade though, we could get a spyro trilogy remake too

Yes. There's a bundle for Jak 1-3 and X.
Noooo.
Jak is one of my favorites, as well.

yea you can download the whole collection

Yeah, but unfortunately they're the worst versions of those games. They didn't run too well with a lot of pop ins (or at least that was the case for Jak 2 and 3). They might have been patched now though.

What makes you say that?

>Yeah, but unfortunately they're the worst versions of those games
nah that's the vita version
jak 1 runs fine for me on ps4. not sure about the other games

>Kirby's RTD
As in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land? You have to be joking that game was boring as fuck. I was so hyped for a mainline Kirby on a console for the first time in forever but it disappointed the hell out of me.

Jak is even better, yeah. Still, there's nothing about Crash that makes the game terrible. It's perfectly fine which really does beg the question of why people feel the need to shit on it.

I mean for the Crash fans it's great. Kind of made me a little sour though. I used to love Crash when I was younger (the franchise is actually the reason I got into video games when I did) but I just don't think they're too hot anymore. Also, I can't even trade it in because I downloaded it.

Are they the PS3 HD remasters or PS2 versions?

but Mario Sunshine is literally diet Odyssey

The better question is how they did they get more creative? Still pretty basic environments with pretty basic enemy designs, and level design that never surprises.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just don't think they've held up too well. I'm actually curious as to how the games became so popular in the first place.

ps2 classics

>tfw the openness of the game makes me not want to play it because it triggers my autism and I just feel so unsure about everything I do
Like how am I suppose to play this game? Just run into a random direction while ignoring all the side passages that lead to completely new areas and shit?

Forgot about the Vita versions. Tbf I didn't play them either. And yeah, the first Jak is fine but 2 and 3 were a little rough, or at least that was the case on release. They might be better now.

How's this wrong?