Slay the Spire

*blocks your path*

*flame barriers*

If you have problems with the book then you suck at deck building. All you need is a good block ratio and a source of weaken to never take damage from it, or if you're a heavy offense combo deck you should be killing it before turn 3 or your deck is shit and you shouldn't have forced that archetype.

Weaken makes this go from menacing to chump

How do I into good deck building? I feel like regular mode being steamroll easy didn't prepare me well for Ascension.

>it's a enemy is using statuses en masse and you only ave blocks turn
>it's a enemy are readying to piling on the damage and you don't have a single fucking block turn

>Fight against timelord with the assassin with a poison build
>1 digit of health victory
>Fight against timelord with the warrior with str build
>1 digit of health taken victory
Why is this allowed?, why is are the bosses too polarized?

>It's a Dead Branch + Mummified Hand infinite roulette shiv run.

this is why taking 2 and 3 costs is important

Honestly there's no easy answer to that, other than playing more and having some skill in card games. There are multiple archetypes in each class, and key cards/relics you should look for when deciding whether to go into them. You also don't have to be in an archetype at all, Silent's most consistent deck just takes good cards like Predator and Leg Sweep with no direct synergy. That kind of deck is less successful in high ascention, but it can still work.

>It's a Gremlin Leader does half your life in the 2nd turn episode

Dead branch + corruption + medkit = EXHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

You're just building Silent wrong. Poison isn't as good as you think it is, it's also best built defensively, infact the best poison card is Noxious Fumes. Catalyst meme decks rarely work out.

Also, those free cycle cards aren't as free as you think, they have a real cost against Time Eater. You want some amount of heavy cards in your deck (2 or 3 energy cost) both for option value and against Time Eater.

>block ratio
Fucking snoresville

>fucking automaton prepares to fire its fifty fucking damage rape beam
>no defense
TH-THANKS

If you want to make an offensive combo deck then learn when to go into it. Don't suddenly force a Strength or Poison combo deck the first time you see a Limit Break or Catalyst with no other support, that's fucking retarded and will result in a dead run 95% of the time.

Take the non-committal cards that go well in other decks first and weigh how far you are into the run, and most importantly, what relics you get.

Trading your starter relic is actually so good especially if you get an energy relic.

It's a more tempting option when I'm doing a Silent run, for the Ironclad the regen always feels too strong to pass up in favor of something that might be great or just flat out worse.

Last time I did this, Reaper just carried my ass through the entire run. By the time I faced the Donut Bros I had 6 energy with Icecream. What a great run

Is the content worth the price?
Also the artstyle looks horrible. I hope they update it.

*Tori gates*

*OTK act 3 boss*

Thanks, doc.

Silent just feels so weak compared to the Iron Chad.
I mean on my last run I was invincible and had 200+ block on the Time Lord at the end, but all my damage came from 2 Noxious Fumes and A Thousand Cuts. It works and I got lucky with the cards, but its just not as fun and more importantly even takes forever on fast mode

I'd say that there's enough of a game here that it's worth picking up, even in EA. The game itself is good enough that I'm willing to cut the art a lot of slack, but I would really prefer if they made some improvements by the time it's released. It's definitely the weakest point.

Third character hopefully being announced or added in the coming weeks.

I hate that green character has 12 cards starting deck, when red one has 10.
It's not like green can utilize a bigger deck.
Also green starting relic is trash. It helps with bricking a bit, but only on first turn.

Fuck off with your reddit tier games.

Silent starting relic is so good in some decks though, especially if you rely on some powers to really get going. Some shit just needs to be played turn one

>tfw when you totally win because of skill

>Jessica
LONDON ?

just b aggressive bro

tfw changing your name deletes any in progress saves so you can't do it for screenshots

*BLOCKS UR PATH*

thicc deck

Dead branch is basically a free win if you get it early enough to build a bit around it, it's so broken lol

No, you fuck off. This game is a fucking breath of fresh air, being one of the few games whose replayability doesn't come from forced meta progression.

Silent has two good common recycle cards: Prepared and Acrobatics
It's easy enough for Silent not bricking, even on turn one.

upgrade calculated gambling doesn't exhaust which makes in incredible for cycle and flat out essential in discard decks

>play Iron Clad
>play upgraded Demon Form
>win any boss fight

gg, no re

Acrobatics is ass imo, just Calculated Gamble or Prepared. Never take that card anymore, too expensive for 1

>Beating the timelord with a shiv spam deck

Its funny how all of the most dangerous enemies are just those that attack without mercy.
Lagavulin is unironically insane on +5 upwards and Looters are ayy lmao with the silent, might as well just give up if you encounter two at once

My favorite deck is Dual wield+Drop kick.
Two card win condition.

That's uncommon.

Acrobatics is true card draw though, actually increase hand size, unlike the other two.
Also it cycles harder than Prepared, and being good enough without upgrade.

but that is incorrect because hex boi is the worst enemy in the game

the basic dangerous enemies usually just have overtuned damage thats not possible to consistently block without a broken synergy
2x11 damage turn 1 from bandits, 24 damage turn 1 from FEED ME SEYMOUR, and the ocarina rapes you for 20 every turn, granted theyre all stupid and fairly unmanageable unless you have a tea set malaise or something else dumb and incredibly luck-based, but theyre not fundamentally busted because they dont punish you for taking basic options ie BLOCKING

Oof

>Get Bronze Scales
>play Flame Barrier
ayyy

>Its a Snecko makes all your cards cost 3 Energy episode

Discard is the most fun deck but it's so not worth it

>take Runic Pyramid
>get Pain Curse in a chest
well, just kill me now. This was in all honesty the worst possible outcome.

It's very worth it, every discard card becomes good with the addition of 1 single tools of the trade. Hell I just played a discard deck in ascension 10 without tools because concentrate + expertise is so good

This game is addicting and i wonder what they will deliver in the full release. apparently 2 other game modes are locked for now but teased.

>get a deck that can go infinite by the end of act 2
>time cunt is final boss
I swear the game does this deliberately

Daily is the next mode, that and the next character are the current focus

odd they didn't add dailies since they have em on the beta