Thoughts?

thoughts?

lit

the only good exclusive on ps4

need to see it from the back

Mediocre hack n slash for people too dumb for Dark Souls

>starting area by itself is the biggest casual filter in modern fromsoft games
>has an infinite endgame that is absolutly the most challenging mid/low level activity modern fromsoft ever made

God I wish Chalice dungeons didn't make you go through the same ones every time you made a new character. Then I might actually do one once in a while.

can't wait for bloodborne kart

yes its a flaw but if you get into them it ruins other "souls" games

is there fist weapons in this game? bout to play it for the first time today

at the very very end of dlc

Unfortunately not. You can get some damage out of your fists, but only after you finish the DLC.

dark souls is better.

I platinumed the game, enjoyed the hell out of it and I'll probably never play it again. If the PVP was good that might give me a reason to replay it but I never cared for the PVP in Bloodborne.

Also I wish the Cannon was in Dark Souls 3 so I could play a real Guts build.

I will never buy this game

thanks bros

Great game with little replay value due to being so linear

>So linear
Enough with this maymay

Cinematic 24fps movie game

I'll buy a ps4 for this game

Got the GotY edition for 30 bucks last week, gonna play it with a friend who wants to play it but lacks a PS4 (gonna swap controllers every time we die)
So...starting tips?

A masterpiece. THE best game to come out in the past 10 years, hands fucking down. One of the best games ever made. A true classic. The lore, settings, visuals, soundtrack and sounds, gameplay, art direction.. it's so fucking good.

Amazing concept. Falls short due to no build variety. It’s just an action game and not a cool rpg

Start with the Saw Cleaver.

How do you decide who plays first

Don't farm for blood vials unless you absolutely have to. Too many casuals say farming blood vials is a fault of the game (when in actuality it's them getting hit when they shouldn't)

platinum'd it in 10 days

And the concept art is some of the best.

>New player gets Bloodborne
>They manage to get to the first couple bosses but get their ass kicked a bunch
>Now they gotta run down to Costco (Central Yharnam) to grab some more blood vials

It's a solid criticism of the game because it ruins gameplay flow. Meanwhile in Dark Souls, they already had a good mechanic in place that never impeded player's progress. Yeah they got their asses slapped, but they could keep trying without having to go somewhere else to regain the only healing item available to them.

I like Bloodborne a lot, but it definitely has its own flaws.

>7% of people platinum'd it
I thought souls games were supposed to be hard

Saw Cleaver sounds fun, thanks.
Me because I paid for it.
Interesting, I assume blood vials are healing items then?

You're joking right? Naturally progressing through the game, enemies drop blood vials too generously in my opinion. Almost every enemy all the way to fucking yahargul drops 3 blood vials. You don't have to go back to central yharnam to farm blood vials unless you want hundreds. It's good they put a cap on how many you can have at once. That was one of demon souls biggest flaws

I just ordered this, it's the same as the NA version + DLC, right?

Blood vials are your healing items, you can hold up to 20 or if you put runes on (equivalent of rings) you can hold more. Enemies drop a lot and if you have max if you pick some up it sends them to your storage and will be automatically replenished when you die or go back to the hub. My first time playing through I didn't farm for blood vials and I'll say it makes the game so much better. Just naturally progress through the game and don't get hit or use the rally system (if you get hit you can replenish health by attacking enemies for a short period) and you won't need to farm them.

You need to purchase the dlc to your psn account if it isn't an eu account, I almost did it for the box art but didn't want to have a useless dlc code

>I almost did it for the box art

But the GOTY boxart is fucking disgusting

They're as hard as you want them to be. That's what's great about Souls games.

>tfw want to start a new character and do my first bloodtinge build but the latest software update bricked my console

Based PSN saving you from a fucking boring bloodtinge run.

You're right about the cap on the healing items, but even if some enemies drop 3 blood vials, it's still not a good mechanic.

Like I said before, a new player is going to get their ass kicked. When they die, they're gonna spawn in and realize "Oh shit, I've only got two blood vials." and they're gonna have to go gather more. It's annoying to stop what you're doing and go farm enemies for a bit until you have enough blood vials again.

This isn't a problem much later in the game or when you're on your second playthrough, but new players will definitely have this issue.

Why is it boring? I don't think I was gonna do pure BLT, I mainly just wanted to use trick weapons that use it like Chikage and Bloodletter.

I noticed this too in the end of the DLC, every enemy in the Fishing Hamlet drops blood vials, really makes the 'challenge' part not a challenge

>being so insecure that you post this image constantly

It's so people don't have to go back and farm. Even then they made an easy way to farm blood vials in the dlc where you just kill 1 guy

Do not do pure, I did and it's a fucking slog and I usually love challenge runs. The BLT weapons are fun though.
Sorry about your brick m8

>eu account
Yeah screw that, gonna just cancel and buy a regular used copy.

First-timers are on their merry way to get slapped by Orphan a bunch of times so it makes sense the hamlet guys drop vials. Plus if you do all three of dickhead's invasions you'll most likely need some vial boosts unless you die.

Why not just level your BT snd go to NG+ with it?

I'll keep that in mind. Apparently a lot of people are experiencing the same problem with the updater so I'm hoping Sony does something soon.

Eh, just wanted to start fresh. I'm already like halfway into NG+ with no BLT so it'd feel weird to start right there.

Bloodtinge is a minimum NG+ thing. Besides the fact that all the weapons that utilize it only arrive when the game is over, in a fresh NG there is nothing to do with BLT except make your pistol hit harder, which is a total waste of time since almost none of the guns are damage dealers except for one, and even then it needs a weapon to compliment as it isn't enough to carry. The heavy artillery you can get doesn't even depend on BLT for damage, they require STR and SKL.

I would do it for the Bloodletter or chikage though, as those are fun weapons.

Fuck, I'm afraid to turn on my PS4 now.

I'm struggling, I recently got a PS4 and have started playing Bloodborne, but I'm not liking it. I have around 1000 combined hours in DS1 2 and 3 but I just can't seem to get into bloodborne. Maybe it's moving to using a controller is what's bugging me, but something just feels off about it.

You played all three DaS games on M+KB?

It feels very different from the souls games, especially at first. Abuse your transformation attacks as they usually hit the hardest.

Just KB, mouse was wanky so I just bound camera control to the keyboard.