What do you think of the Pac Man Championship games?

What do you think of the Pac Man Championship games?

First one is a master piece but PC version got quickly unsupported by namco and all top scores are hackers shit now.
Sequel and that ios game 263 or whatever are abysal shit.

It's a shame Namco generations project never got into it full potential after Aero Cross got canned cause Galaga legion and the First Pac man championship game were amazing.

Good game with a good soundtrack. A major step-up from their previous pac-man game.

It was okay. Not as great as the reviews said. Could easily get all the cheevos within the first 45 minutes of playing, which was cool/weird

I was really confused by the second game in the series why they changed it so much

Probably to justify selling it as a sequel instead of as dlc or something like DX+ Hyper Remix.

>try my hardest
>still get b ranks

I heard 2 is pretty bad compared to the first one.

Wondering if 2 Plus is worth getting on Switch. The co-op mode looks really fun and it apparently has a good AI for playing alone, but I'm not so sure if I like the changes in the base CE2 from CE1.

Agreed, minus the part about Pac Man 256. That shit is one of the few mobile games that are actually quality and multiplayer on consoles is fucking top notch. I really wish they had more sequels similar to CE1though

Some of the things they changed include
>bombs now send Pac back to the starting point instead of ghosts
>no slow down near ghosts
>instead you can bump into and push ghosts a few times but then they get aggroed and can actually kill you for a little while
>fruit runs away from you in some stages
>when you get a power pellet, you have to hunt down the fast moving ghost trains and eat them from the front
>eating ghost trains does a little cinematic thing which lets other ghost trains pass under you
>ghost trains travel on visible rails but the rails do branch at points

someone post the cute ghost girls dancing

It's alright

>eating ghost trains does a little cinematic thing which lets other ghost trains pass under you
I think you can disable that in the Switch version now. If they have a CE1 DX mode I'd get it just for that and more music so I won't keep listening to Pac Steps all the time.

clyde

I can't really find enough info on the Switch version to know what they've changed other than adding the two player mode.

Patrician taste.

Fuck namco, they have not fixed the scoreboards. It is full of cheated scores, so there is no actual incentive to git gud.

C-op seems really fun, I've only played it solo buif you have fiends then go for it.

Is it just the six or so score attack maps I've seen in some videos?

Yes.

that makes sense I guess I just wanted more of the same I didn't hate the sequel but it didn't feel as satisfying

the whole "follow the pattern then eat them all for 10 seconds" thing gets old kinda fast. I prefer regular pac-man.