Is it really the indie game of the year?

Is it really the indie game of the year?

No its an SJW conspiracy.

Absolutely

>collectables that do literally nothing
>journalist mode
>super meat boy wannabe
good one

this

SJW trash not welcomed here.

fuck off to reddo

That's why they're collectibles.

The point of the collectibles is that they're fun to collect.

another game would give you an ending or an alternate costume or a secret dialogue thing or even another character for collecting them
celeste devs decided that was too complex and had them be completely pointless

Oh, you mean things that you can find on youtube?

>ruining unlockable shit for yourself on youtube
That's your own fault, even if I agree that alternate costumes and dialogue are meh hidden secrets

There's no difference. If I collect all of the strawberries and I get a video, why watch it in game when I can watch it on youtube?

this game is harder than meatboy

something is better than nothing.

But it's nothing.

Matt inspired meatboy...

Just made a meme

this desu

So thanks to the constant shilling I decided to play this though I pirated it so no money to them. It's decent at best.
The level design is super hit or miss. The gimmicks range from pretty good like the magic celestial blocks to shit like everything in the hotel. The story is only really good if you have had experience with depression yourself and even then it really drags. The controls and movement feel decent especially after you get the buff but wall climbing constantly hurts my fingers. The collectibles having no incentive gives you zero motivation to collect any of them. It's pretty obvious that the game is trying to appeal to reviewers with Assist mode, Lack of reward for strawberries, cringy social media references, and semi deep story.

>wall climbing constantly hurts my fingers

You have to hold Z to climb some whenever I'm in a room that requires a lot of climbing I tend to hold it for the duration of the entire room

Oh I use controller.

The year started like last week. So yeah, maybe.

nice typo faggot

No typo there, faggot.

>1414 deaths
should I try B-side or uninstall the fuck out of it

I beat this and Core A earlier today. Pretty dang good and a strong contender, but Matt always hits it out of the park, so it's no surprise. The story isn't overbearing and the difficulty curve is superb. B-side looks like a humongous pain in the ass to me, however and too much for a casual shitlord like myself.
The year is still young.

>but wall climbing constantly hurts my fingers
I've been playing IWBTG fangames for years on KB+M and I can suitably say that rebinding the controls to Shift, Z, X, with Shift as Climb, Z as Jump, and X as Dash saved me a lot of finger pain and key fat-fingering.

>I never played the game
There are other collectables that unlock an entire other level that is loosely tied into the story. The platforming is harder than anything SMB offers and has better music and artstyle even if has mixels and the character sprites are underdetailed

I had about the same, and yes you should. At least the first 3 B-sides are more than doable. I honestly felt like chapter 8 is more difficult than the earlier B-sides.

The artstyle makes me want to punch a hole in my wall and round up a bunch of leftists in the town sqaure to publically execute them (in a safe, virtual setting). It is reddit, it stinks, it stinks, like faggotry, degeneracy, cultural entropy, and quite frankly I don't like it.

it's only february OP

calm your tits

My only complaint about the character sprites is that dark (You)'s eyes are ugly as sin on the sprite. Should have matched the MC with the eyeless look.

No, Slay the Spire is.
As an added bonus, Slay the Spire isn't SJW shit.

fucking card game

JUST NO

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't like the character sprites to begin with. But after you play the harder levels for hours, you stop looking at the sprite and focus entirely on the level. After I beat all the B sides I took a break and checked a thread on Sup Forums and was reminded how ugly the main character's sprite is

*Continues to play cutesy faggot game on his soytch*

I blame the backpack.
That said, a hand-drawn style would have looked better, period.

Honestly I think you're right. I can see she has her arms bent back with her hands holding the straps of her bag but it isn't that clear to me

>tfw didn't realize you could move the blocks

Your loss

Yeah. If you go boot up the finale, you can get a better feel for her "natural" sprite.

What the fuck is stong then

A clever reference to "Queer Tattoo" by Stephen Lynch?

>that wall kick you have to master to beat the B-Side summit

so this is what it means to truly git gud

This.
>mfw people are uncultured on Sup Forums

Also my 'r' key is a bit fucked and I didn't notice the typo

maybe
Indivisible is coming out this year too

Then be a good user an post the fixed version

Fuck it

Sup Forums posters trying to stop discussing about a game because of the political beliefs of the devs should be banned on site. These people are the same as SJWs, don't even play the game, just criticize it for things other than it's game play

Disclosing first that I've beaten IWTBTG, VVVVVV, 100%'d Super Meat Boy, etc, and am permanently over/bored to shit with this style of game: No, it's C-grade material.

no, is just anti-Trump propaganda for soyboys like you

Not even game of the month. Just an entry point for children into gaming. Stay viral Sup Forums

How is it compared to the end is nigh? I just finished it yesterday and I think I have enough of one mistake you are dead games for the time being even when they are really fun.

Do the B sides you bitch. Casual faggot probably won't even unlock the C sides much less finish them

>artstyle
you can tell anyone who complains about this watches streamers. when men play video games they rarely notice specific details instead they are looking for specific pixels that indicate danger/something important

it's why most non-brainlets laugh at cosmetics. I never look at anything but the key pixels what a game looks like is almost irrelevant to a man.

Dominion is a card game and is far better than any video game ever made. prove me wrong

Did the developers tweet something mean at Sup Forums? Every thread there are posts like this that have very obviously never beaten the game since they're so full of misinformation. Politics tend to shit up discussion over anything but beyond the hipster character in this game, I don't see why it's getting all this attention from these retards.

We're here to discuss games, if you want to discuss the politics of the developers,
go start a thread on Sup Forums or Sup Forums I honestly don't give a shit where just stop shitting up these threads

>when the song "new weapon" starts playing in kero blaster
dear god so much better than sex its crazy. that song still gives me tinglies in my spine.

I don't know if you're false flagging since those are entry level platformers or if you just haven't gotten to the hard content but celeste blows those games out of the water in terms of well crafted, difficult levels.

Yeah faggot this sure does look like pixel art.

>no combat, no real enemies, just jumping and an air dash.
wow original. nice effort. clearly you give a shit.
>spikes everywhere but where you need to go.
wow creative level design faggots.
>tiny blob sprites with as little detail as possible
nice art faggots. one step above Thomas was alone & ink.
huehuehue GOTY.

>watching streamers
honestly sad.

literally I could not tell you the visual details of all my favorite games because I was busy playing, not starring at the screen like it was a movie

Its the vanguard for pushing mandatory cheats that aren't cheats because we called them assists yeah. Its optional, you don't have to actually play the video game as long as you give the shekels.

>Lol i don't notice the shitty pixel art.
>I don't notice the shit that's on the screen the entire time.

good job you literal monkey nigger.

It's really this bad? Good modern indie games seem to be rarer than good modern AAA games.

>mandatory cheats
???

> it's another Sup Forums calls something GOTY when it's not even October or November

Did this game give special thanks to cucks and SJWs like in Firewatch?

why are you looking at unimportant pixels? aren't you the one playing? surely...you're not watching a streamer are you?

You know user I believe you. you know who is always complaining about the artstyle of video games...my sister.

>it's another shill calls a dogshit, low effort indie mess GOTY.

Are there any mods to mod out the black guy? Seems playable beyond that.

>unimportant pixels
>doesn't have the capacity to process simple images while holding a controller.

literal retard nigger.

I don't watch streamers you obsessed fuckwit. You turd gargling mouthbreather, you son of a whore, you amerimutt, you rancorous obese malcontent, you homunculus looking freak of nature.

slay the spire
rocket league
stardew valley
bleed 2
kero blaster
slime rancher
undertale
20xx
shovel knight
Momodora

all in the past 5 years
>inb4 those multi award winning games that have sold millions of copies are all shit

Man it sure feels like no good games come out anymore am I right my Sup Forums bros?

There's a god mode toggle and infinite air dash toggle in the options menu. What are those to a platformer but cheats?

>mandatory

imagine being this triggered someone was able to recognize your statements as the interpretations of someone who didn't play a game.

honestly. stop watching streamers look what you've turned into.

NOOOoooooooo

NOOooooooo

REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
MUH SKILL! HOW WILL I IMPRESS THE LADIES NOW

This is your brain on Sup Forums.

Kill yourself. You're even worse than the Bug Fables falseflagger.

I liked Iconoclasts more.

t.retard too stupid to accept he's retarded.

You can ironic shitpost all you want now, but its inevitable.

???
what level of irony are you operating on?
what are you trying to prove with this screencap?

you not getting laid? yeah we all know.