How would you rank the Persona games, from best to worst?

How would you rank the Persona games, from best to worst?

Reverse the release order and there you go.

probably numerically, with the titles included alongside the numbers

5, for all its flaws, is such a massive improvement over the previous games in certain areas that it's difficult to go back.

3, while a great game, has the fucking nightmare that is Tartarus, and thus loses points.

No one's actually played P1 & 2.

Personally I'd probably put it as 4>5>3, simply because of the effect each game had on me.

From what I have played
3>5>IS>EP>4

>simply because of the effect each game had on me.

Tell me more

4 = 5 > IS > 3 > EP > 1

This

4G = 5 > 3
Literally who cares about 1 and 2?

That's a fair list, although there's definitely an argument for p4 being better than p5. Also I like p3 more than p4.

The true ranking

Playing through 3 now. Up to floor 245 in Tartarus. I want it to end

3 sucks.

These games would be so good if the combat wasn't a turn based snooze fest, any kind of competent real time system would be so amazing.
The characters and stories are great (game dependant) but the fucking turn based shit is so bad why the fuck don't they stop that garbage with newer games?

FPBP

Gameplay
5>4>3>2>1
Story
1>2>3>4>5
It's hilarious that it works out like this. I like them all though honestly. I'd put 1's gameplay over 2 if it didn't have that weird grid based battle system. I like the first person dungeon gameplay but the battles were way too slow for something with random encounters. Newer Persona games arguably have overly simplistic gameplay but I'd rather have that than have it be a chore.

This is it.

4>3>5>IS>EP>1

agreed
3 didn't have hardly any fucking handholding
you're allowed to explore and spend your day as you see fit (aside from school) And I like tartarus and the characters
And the super chill, nighttime vibe/theme was excellent.
AND MITSURU

>p5
best gameplay
>p4
best concept / theme (tv world)
>p3
best characters and ost
prove me wrong.

I would say 5 is better than 4, even though I enjoyed 4 more, mostly because it was my first Persona.

3 is among the worst games I have ever played.

Tartarus was the boringest thing ever.

Story sucked, a god is coming to earth to kill us all!!!11!

Characters were boring, social links were uninteresting.

I've only played 4G and 5 and like 5 more because it's executed better but 4 has a lot of charm.

BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

>yfw Die For Me

Where is the handholding in this series? P5 is pretty inconsistent about when you can leave the house at night, but otherwise you're free. If anything, P3 had the worst early game handholding of all since it straight up locks the compendium until you beat the second full moon boss.

this desu

I really cannot believe there are people who consider 1 and 2 good.

Not him but no way, man.
The first ten hours of P5 is on-rails life sim/dungeon.
I vividly remember kind of being shocked at how limited I was in the things I could do for the first 8-10 hours.

I felt 5 was better in dungeons and 4 was better during daily life stuff. I didn't hate 3 but from a gameplay standpoint it's definitely rough.

my boy

Swap 3 and 4.

This

Outside of the gameplay, I enjoy every part of each game in the series roughly the same. The actual game mechanics have only gotten better each release, I hope the trend continues.

my nigger

I'm glad the music in 3 changed for the last month because it was the only persona game I ever really got sick of the soundtrack with. That being said, the music at the end of the game is godly. If that was the only music in persona 3 I would have been happy, but honestly I only got kinda sick of the music in 4 and never got sick of it in 5. Mass Destruction is the worst battle theme though, the beginning is too annoying after you hear it 500 times.

3 was probably the one most held back by its combat. The dungeons weren't good in 4 imo, but at least they were short. 3 also needed to get to the point of the plot alot quicker, or put more content in between what it had. Never really gets good til the end, and even then it probably wasn't even worth it.

Gameplay wise.
PQ > Everything else is about the same.

Plotwise.
P1 > P3 > Everything else is about the same.

There was a physical change.

Words cannot describe how much this statue fucks with my mind and just how much I want to see it in person and touch it so that I can comprehend how it fucking exists.