Not a single thread about the Papers, Please short film

>not a single thread about the Papers, Please short film

c'mon, Sup Forums. i know you want it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YFHHGETsxkE&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ML-f34bmGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay, this looks pretty cool. Wouldn't mind if it was a feature-length film

Oh I forgot about this. Looks cool, I'll watch it as soon as I can.

bump

Does this happen in the game

yeah, it can.

Jorgi!

>the "cobrastan" permit
heheh, pretty good

kind of a shame they went with the kolechian bomb ending instead of the "inspector buries himself in paperwork until he dies" ending

Man, they did a damn good job with casting.

That was really good, wouldn't mind another one covering the EZIC conspiracy

Kino.

Very well done.

this just proves a 3d game would have been even more immersive and better. not much emotion of the entrants can be conveyed with simple 2d graphics.

Holy fuck, that was good.

pottery

Very good adaptation. Could have been longer, but still well done!

there was a thread earlier yesterday about it, someone called it a shill thread, didnt believe it, this one looks like one tho

The situation that plays out near the end does happen, but I'm pretty sure they don't kill everyone after you let the wife in.

>a bunch of slavs were able to make a better vidya adaptation than Hollywood

It was good, but the drama was rushed for time.
A 30m short could have developed the conflict dynamic much better and this would have been god tier.

I feel like the length of this was perfect. I don't know how you would go about making an adaption of papers please longer without making it feel drawn out.

this

The husband with correct papers and the wife with bad ones does happen but neither of them are secretly suicide bombers or some shit.

I still haven't finished Papers, Please because I'm slow. I have trouble making enough money. Might have to resort to cheating.

>no vodka on film
blyat/10

>making a feature length film about paperwork

It's mainly practice and recognizing when the game provides entrants with automatic passes. If I recall, the brothel workers will always have the papers in order so you can auto-entry them. The husband will always have his papers be perfect while his wife will have some flaw.

>there are casuals that didn't adopt the niece in this thread

Haven't played Papers, Please but seeing this short film made me motivated to buy it. Is it really good?

>cant finish a game because he is unable to fill out paperwork
hahahahaha

yes, get it

IT IS GONNA SUCK YOU KNOW IT IN YOUR HEARTH

It's a fine game but really nails the atmosphere but if you are looking for a game beyond finding flaws in paper work and remembering guidelines it might not be for you

Just play on easy, you get extra crutch credits. Or git gud

just juggle between food/heating/whatever. make sure to enable what you disabled yesterday

No it doesn't.

>There are people posting on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW that didn't buy their son a birthday present and move to a class 5 apartment

Holy shit, guy on the left looks exactly like me 10 years ago.

>crayons cost as much as a entire's day worth of food
>Jorji constantly makes all his passports in crayon

Alternate between paying for food and heat
Never upgrade your apartment

The trick to doing the paperwork is to just come up with a routine. Always put the papers in the same places on your desk, and check each thing in the same order every time. Do this and you'll get used to it and start getting faster. Unfortunately there's no good way to check for proper seals/issuing cities except just memorizing the correct ones, but if you can't be bothered you can just ignore them since they're not incorrect that often.

It's almost
As if
Kino was not a cool buzzword
And an actual translation of world "movie" instead

I think that it can be drawn out by the paperwork progression. Also, they don't have to spend the entire firm on the job. They can narrate the inspector's family and add a little from each route to make the story more interesting.

It's great, but I don't think it quite conveys the necessity as well without the context of having played the video game.
For example if I showed this to my mom she wouldn't have the benefit of remembering the the bills of heat and food. The photo isn't quite enough for that I think.
The shots where he scans through the papers are great.

The only thing I remember is worth upgrading is binding the accept/deny stamps to a key. Don't recall ever having to make my family go without for a single day once the rhythm is down.

>tfw can't beat this game without using Easy mode
I've become everything I've ever hated

kino
cinema
kinetic
movement

all those things are connected

>can't do paperwork
awww, do you need mommy?

Are there any other games similar to Paper's Please? That Orwell game looks interesting.

A 30 minute short is a surefire way of making sure your film never gets screened. The magic number for shorts is under 15 minutes. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences defines a feature as being 40 minutes or longer, so 30 minutes is straddling the limbo between being too long for a short, and too short for a feature. Festivals won't have anywhere to put it. In fact, the Academy used to define a short as being no longer than one reel, so roughly twelve minutes.

This is the Police.

kill yourself

So was the bomb in the wife? It seems pretty fucked up if the husband just carried explosives considering that he actually had passable paperwork on him.

The trick is to turn off power and not buy food every alternating month.

I thought she wasn't his wife, just some random person they got for the job of blowing up and she was nervous.

s-sorry

i only remember the guy throwing bombs after like the 2nd mission and then the shooting on the 5-6th mission

Thanks original poster

Damn was there ever a time in the game where there would be an entrant that would have an excuse like that to try and get you to feel bad for them and be merciful to them just to trick you into letting them go scot free? I'd set the tone well to make the player not let there guard down like that and tell the player that there are people willing to do that.

amazing

>paperwork simulator
>game
Choose one

>Fully English paperwork/passports
I was expecting subtitles for that shit at the least. I don't understand why the married couple would shoot up the place though since I don't recall that ending in the game.

No, you don't really get punished for any positive moral choices you make in the game aside from a citation (and the first two don't count if I recall).

The husband and wife combo do show up but they're not suicide bombers. The suicide bomber will be a random person that you let in one day.

Good for them

You survive if that happens

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=2ML-f34bmGw

Why are people getting so concerned that the scenario that occurs in the film doesn't occur in the game? It's an adaption, and in trying to bring across the feeling of duty vs just looking after your family vs trying to use your position to do a good thing for somebody else this fucking nails it.
Seeing the guard who's girlfriend was blocked die because of the fuckup of the border control actual got me a bit.

Least he saved her possible death?
I didn't quite catch it since they didn't mention Sergiu's name at the start and I'm terrible at remembering random names.

>LRR

iirc the suicide bomber has flawless paperwork, not the player's fault.

>no jorji

>he missed the cobrastan passport

What are you talking about lad. I assume it's him that appears in person in the very next shot.

ofc, americans don't have any culture besides shooting at school kids

>Sex
>1234-OKOK
Nice

Way simpler to write a slice of life short from a limited scope that works than it is to stretch something out to a 90min full feature film.

>no Jorgi appearance

they had one job

oh psyche he was in it at 6 minutes

And they succeeded, Jorji was in the short.
>Shot of the multiple nation's passports
>Last passport shown is Cobrastan
>Shows the paperwork for Jorji seen in:
>Next shot is a short bearded man getting thrown out by guards

Then why doesn't Hollywood go big into short films?

No one would have paid even a buck to see a 10min short of Papers, Please.

They probably wanted to do something dramatic.

Hell yes

Send the script to Wes Anderson

>Main character does not have a beard
>Main character does not wear a hat
>Declining Sergiu's wife
>Declining and arresting Jorji
>Letting in TWO terrorists without checking weight discrepancy
>Not shooting the terrorist
Oh shit faggot what are you doing

Does Jorji show up?

yes
blink and you'll miss him tho
1234-OKOK is there too

Blurry but even has BEST STR.

Beholder was nice, although I played it on a tablet.

Is that one of the endings?

Better than expected. Do they want to continue with other branches?

Just for a brief. Pay attention.

it's 10 minutes (inc credits so probably 8) long in case you/no one else knows

Also add a romantic interest

Glory to Arstotzka.

But why?

So you think that the game was just about paperwork too?
How does it feel like living with no brain?

Having a spineless everyman as a hero works best for the movie.

Hollywood. You know, the guys who put literal valkyrias in the Max Payne movie

>assmad he paid money for office simulator
hahahahaha

I have to say the scene with the girlfriend was really good. You can see he is wavering and on the edge of letting his friend's girl in right before he gets the telegram and stops him from making that choice.

>Blue yeis
>Wery toll