Need to clear basement of nightkin

>need to clear basement of nightkin
>nightkin say they will leave if you find out what happened to the stealthboy shipments
>room with stealthboy shipments module guarded by ghoul too afraid to leave because of nightkin
>no dialogue option to just tell him you need to use the module and then you'll get all the nightkin to leave
>even if you sneak behind him and activate teh module, and go back and get the nightkin to leave, he becomes hostile

Why do people like this game again?

If you want to do it peacefully, you're gonna have to do his task stealthily, its the longest stealth segment game really.

he only leaves if you check on his friend in the prison for him. which is almost impossible without a stealth boy or a sneak of at least 50. if you kill the prison guard, then the nightkin boss will go hostile. it's a complicated quest. even if you get harland to leave the room, he might run into a nightkin and get himself killed, rendering your efforts worthless. not all the quests have problems like this but admittedly a few do.

The man hadn't fucked any nice looking ghoullettes in days, you can't expect him to be thinking rationally.

You forgot the part where he wanted to find out if his waifu was alive, and the part where he had no reason to trust you until you do something for him.

That's actually dumb, yes.

Come Fly With Me is probably top 3 in the worst quests in the game. Repetitive, tedious, terrible factory layout, obnoxious characters, all for a crappy 20 second cutscene (at least they could've had the rocket be discoverable later if you messed with the trajectory).

Yeah well, if you're lying (which is likely given the fact you just waltzed through a horde of invisible mosters that has him completely pinned down) you just totally compromised his defenses and he's dead either way so I'd turn hostile too desu.

These fuckers show up, kill a bunch of my comrades and chase me into this hole and now I'm just supposed to believe "oh no, they're nice guys, they just want the stealth boys and then they'll stop killing you, honest." Fuck you.

Everything to do with Repconn is fucking awful. It's the only part of New Vegas I genuinely don't like.

Fortunately, unlike Fallout 4, you can bypass the part I don't like by just stealing the information from Manny's computer rather than being railroaded to the same plot missions every time you play through.

>Not just killing bright and leaving
There's you fucking sign. The quest is a shit show once the first time novelty of 'Haha these Ghouls wanna go to space or some shit, dumb fucks'

The ghoul was a douche and killing him is the easy option compared to going through the nightkjn, so I don't see the problem. What are you? Sidartha Gautama?

>worthless
That sweet Hunting Rifle is not worthless

The Hunting Rifle is shit compared to the Garand.

For early game, considering Come Fly With Me is quite early-mid game, it's good.

you can get the rat slayer before novac. the hunting rifle is a good gun but almost every merchant sells it past the mojave outpost.

This quest legitimately makes me second guess doing new playthroughs.

Just kill everyone like said.
Sure, it gives a shittier ending for Novac, but who cares about Novac?

Just don't do it

I always found it a bit weird you can't use hammers or wrenches as weapons

From what I've read, it seems like there's a lot of stuff that they had to cut for time constraints

you need towns like novac if you want your vegas to run smoothly. otherwise outer vegas and freeside are going to be the only population centers and will flood with vagrants. just smoke a doob and bang it out. it's only like an hour.

>development time of a year
NAWWW.

What are the other two?

Plus you get to blow all your useless 9mm and .22 ammo popping weak Ghouls