Anyone else bet we're going to see this game get rebooted by another studio at E3?

Anyone else bet we're going to see this game get rebooted by another studio at E3?

Microsoft has a serious exclusive problem, and they literally cancelled one of their biggest games that was over 3 years in development. They have what is most likely a feature complete game just rotting away on some harddrive. No way all that work isn't going to get reused for something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z02YGsFZjc4
youtube.com/watch?v=MHGwsufc_Vw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What happened to it again, why was it canned

I still don't know why they canned this. There's literally 0 reason to get an xbone

Microsoft is notorious for being extremely manipulative and hands-on with the development of games.
Kamiya is a motherfucker that takes no shit.
Now add to that the "Singleplayer games are dead" meme and the fact that the game had lukewarm responses when it was shown and you got a game which Microsoft thought would flop hard.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 and the Xbox One X didn't set the world on fire like Microsoft thought it would; and then you got games like Horizon Zero Dawn, which apparently is the reason why a new Fable is now in development by the Forza guys. I really think Microsoft is fucking stupid for cancelling this because even if the game wasn't a million seller at least it's SOMETHING.

Assets are shared between the companies. Microsoft can't just slap another studios name on the project and say it was their game even when Platinum did 90% of it. Unless tlofc they buy everything from Plat for some serious $, which is completely illogical when they could have just let Platinum finish the game.

The reason they cancelled the game is probably because they didn't see much potency in Japanese action games compared to their budget. Maybe MHW's success made them realise that they fucked up big time, especially since this game would have been so similar. Scalebound is ded tho forever, it's a shame. Maybe Plat will buy the full rights for the assets and finish it sometime or make a Drakengard game out of it.

The co-op with 4 clones running around just seemed like the most hamfisted shit.

>atleast its something
>phantom dust remake nowhere
>crackdown 3 is still nowhere and the destructible environments were scrapped
>scalebound cancelled
>halo wars 2 shipped under the radar

microsoft is fucking retarded and has given up practicaly after that shit show of the kinect fiasco

No, no one gives a shit about this piece of shit, weeb, a Fable reboot (a better open world rpg game) is coming, along with a Perfect Dark reboot, a Mech game, Forza Horizon 4, Halo 6, Ori and the Will of the Wisp, and ReCore 2. There also seems to be a Sega exclusive in the works.

>one of their biggest games
fucking lol
>what is most likely a feature complete game
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Plat buying the entire rights to Scalebound is fucking waaaaaaaay more unlikely than Microsoft buying all the rights.

I think you don't understand how big Microsoft is, they have 4 times the net worth of Disney. Buying Scalebound is fucking chump change for them, besides I do think Microsoft completely owns the entire game and all its assets anyway.

Why would M$ even commission a relatively niche studio like Platinum who make games exclusively for nerds if they were just gonna interfere constantly and attempt to make them streamline it for casuals?

>you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Do you have any idea how game development works? A large fucking portion of dev time is dedicated to optimizing and fixing bugs. The game was almost certainly in beta already, when they're showing off gameplay the actual content of the game is almost always done.

>when they're showing off gameplay the actual content of the game is almost always done
I repeat: you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

>No, no one gives a shit about this piece of shit.

Wrong, I was planning on buying an Xbox One for it. Just like how Bloodborne made me get a PS4.

Scalebound not selling millions is not the main thing here, the important thing is making Xbox One more attractive to people who don't own one.

Explain then.

You were going to buy an Xbox One for this piece of shit, kek.
>Scalebound not selling millions is not the main thing here, the important thing is making Xbox One more attractive to people who don't own one.
The problem was the game wasn't attractive the minute they showed it, it would have bombed and it would have been hilarious being a massive joke making the Xbox One look worse than it already did at the time.

Wouldn't have been the first time a Kamiya game had a poor showing. Yet despite that every game he made has been great.

And this game would have been shit.

Microsoft hasn't made very good business decisions lately.

eh it looked alright when they showed gameplay

framerate stutter was disgusting tho

the dragons head is mister chef
THE DRAGONS HEAD WAS MISTER CHEF

This. My eyes rolled so hard when I saw that footage. I thought we were going to get some amazing single-player game, not more generic mp shit.

Microsoft owns a lot of good games they don't do anything with.

Even if it sold poorly it was probably so close to being ready they would have made more money than it would have costed to finish it.

Do they though? I have many fond Xbox exclusives but I don't think any of them are straight up owned by Microsoft.

>looked alright
>ran at 10 fps
>dubstep
>the most annoying protagonist in the history of protagonists
>shitty ass boss fights
>forced co-op
Game looked like shit.

I think you mean ever. The Xbox has consistently found success in spite of itself, it's incorrect to attribute any achievements it ever had to Microsoft.

All the way back to early PC days.

It's worse to release a shit game than no game. You're going to lose your investment either way, but you can limit the damage to your reputation.
If you get enough negative press from a game it will affect the sales of your next game.

At the very least, Microsoft owns the rights to Freelancer and the Crimson Skies games and it will never stop infuriating me that they sit on those rights and refuse to fucking use them. They won't even rerelease the fucking games.

Xbox Live was a smart decision though it was also one of the most vile crimes a company has ever perpetrated against game consumers. Fuck I hate what Xbox live turned online multiplayer into. Fucking matchmaking, P2P, ranked multiplayer, low player counts, no player hosted servers, Microsoft destroyed all enjoyment I ever got out of multiplayer gaming, I only play single player shit these days.

>It's worse to release a shit game than no game.

Sure didn't stop them from releasing a literally fucking broken game though!

>dubstep

How fucking underage do you have to be to not recognize The Prodigy.

>and then you got games like Horizon Zero Dawn, which apparently is the reason why a new Fable is now in development by the Forza guys
lol stop believing everything on the net.

Not him but this is why they canceled it.

It's confirmed they're making a non-racing Action Adventure game either way.

Microsoft's reputation can't really get any worse at this point. The only people who cared about Scalebound were Platinum/Clover fans, so cancelling it accomplished nothing except pissing off it's target demographic. A poor release wouldn't have mattered to their reputation because the mainstream wasn't interested in it to begin with.

Who gives a fuck it sounded like shit and ruined the mood.

>kinect fiasco
And always online
And no second hand games

Monster Hunter World on PS4.

And you didn't like the game in the first place so why do you give a fuck?

>halo wars 2 shipped under the radar
No one gives a shit about that sub-series. The fans wanted a Master Chief focused Halo 6.

Wish they would just let fable die already. How does this series continue to survive despite never having a game that rose above mediocrity? It's literally the worst RPG series in the modern industry, even trash like neptunia is better.

Because first impressions are key and Scalebound fucked up its first impressions.

>Wish they would just let fable die already. How does this series continue to survive despite never having a game that rose above mediocrity?

Because brand recognition. I guarentee the new Fable game will be a reboot just called Fable and really just be a Open World Fantasy ARPG.

That makes no sense, if anything MHW being a huge success should validate Scalebound's existence.

>People crying over one cancelled Xbox game
>No one bats an eye at the fact like 20 games have already been shut down on PS4 and are either mostly unplayable or completely unplayable

Probably because those are all smaller indie titles and Scalebound was a fullblown high profile exclusive.

Not him but just from that I already know the game will be better than anything Lionhead was able to shit out.

This, Monster Hunter World makes the shit stain that was Scalebound looks worse especially since it sold well on Xbox One.

The only real notable Sony-published PS4 exclusive that got canned was Project Darkside, which was never actually officially revealed.

Supposedly Sony had already sunk about $70m into it before they pulled the plug, so it must've been a real train wreck.

>Implying

>Anyone else bet we're going to see this game get rebooted by another studio at E3?
MS can't even get phantom dust rebooted what makes you think we'll see scalebound rebooted?

That's just what you expect from multiplayer games these days. Games are made with an expiration date, any time you buy a multiplayer game that doesn't have LAN or player hosted server support, you support the practice of killing games.

ps4 has actual games coming out

And actual games going away.

There's also Everquest Next and Deep Down

?

>sony is willing to sink endless piles of cash into whatever garbage media molecule makes
>shut down their most consistently high quality dev team, Psygnosis, for no fucking reason
Sony doesn't need to cancel games to have a disappointing lineup anymore, they don't have any projects in development that look remotely interesting in the first place.

Microsoft is kind of odd in that P&L considerations aren't really what drives a project to getting budget and so on. You need to have a program manager evangelist who can network like crazy inside the organization, make your project seem relevant and interesting to the powers that be, and play politics like a madman. Video games have always had a hard time in that environment, as they don't align well with MS's traditional markets. Why spend money and man-hours on games when you could make another useless new service for Office365 and hook it into SharePoint Online even though every single O365 customer fucking hates that shit? The only reason why the XBox still lives is because of the idea that it can give Windows/Office a foothold into the living room.

Anyway, from what I understand, Scalebound didn't have that person, or didn't have a very good one, so it got cut.

Deep Down is on Capcom. Everquedt Next was probably a casualty of SOE splitting off and being retarded.

I have literally never heard of these games and I browse Sup Forums and game sites everyday.

>actual games
I didn't know movies were games.

Why does MS try to force MP in every game? Scalebound was going to have multiplayer, and my only question is: Why?

take a look at successful games nowaday.
Or just compare Prey numbers with PUBG numbers.

Still Sony had a good part in it due to selling SOE, either way both were heavily advertised for the ps4 exclusives list.

But not every game needs multiplayer. I loved The Last of Us, but why did it have multiplayer?

Its multiplayer gets shut down.
We're gonna lose the ability to unlock costumes.

We have a dedicated Paragon thread like constantly.
Fuck off with this bait.

We already know of at least 5 AAA games they're releasing this year or soon. They have enough games. The x1x is selling like hotcakes in the US and UK.

It's amazing how godawful the PS4's lineup has been. It's one of the worst consoles I've ever owned. If you aren't a die-hard soulsfag who adores bloodborne, the console offers fucking nothing. The only game I've bothered to complete on it is R&C and it was mediocre at best. I wish consoles could go back to how they were in the PS2 era, the last two gens have just made consoles feel like PCs with all the negatives of that platform and none of the positives.

>Why does MS try to force MP in every game?

Because Singleplayer games are dead, don't you know?

Of course there's exceptions like Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, DOOM 2016, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Fallout 4, Crash Collection, Resident Evil 7 and Kingdom Come Deliverance, but those are just exceptions!

literally no one blames the company of the console for third party dev games

Recore and sunset overdrive never had multiplayer. Nevertheless, having a multiplayer mode is a way of retaining the consumer after they've finished the game. Pubg has outsold both Mario and horizon zero dawn from last year in under 3 months. They make a lot of money from people using Xbox live services.

Who are you quoting?

Sunset Overdrive actually does have multiplayer but I only played the twenty matches I needed or whatever for the achievement so I could get my 100% gamerscore from the game and then never touched that mode again.

X1X sold far more than anyone expected. MS even said they didn't have hopes for lots of sales because it is a machine for a certain person.

They renewed the IP last year and bought some URLs or something

Hes right, waiting for you to show us why he isn't.

>Who are you quoting?

You!

The game was garbage

It was canned because Gooks (Platinum Games) could deliver the games on time after 3 years of devellopement and the fact that what they did in three years was very bad: youtube.com/watch?v=z02YGsFZjc4

You are autistic. The game was going to be kino.

They are going to reuse Assets for Fable 4

Nobody here has said single player games are dead and no one in the industry has said it either. Why are you quoting fake boogeymen?

>this
>kino
Lol fukin weeb shill.

Yeah I'm sure Microsoft paid that user to shill a dead game.

>The game was going to be movie
Shut the fuck up Sup Forums.

Obviously a PG shills
They were going to make a garbage game

You think MS cares about exclusive problems when dumb amerimutts will buy their shitty console regardless?

Boss fights against gargantua are never good.

How do I know you're not a Microsoft shill paid to smear PG's name and shift the blame on Scalebound?

I'm onto you Pajeet.

>let's check out the most popular games on PS4 right now
ho

Because Trailers speaks of themselves: youtube.com/watch?v=MHGwsufc_Vw
>that shitty MC
>that shitty framerate after years of works
>that not really smouth gameplay

It looked like a fucking bootleg.
Everyone who is not an Kamiya cocksucker could look at trailer and see, that this thing is going to flop hard

Inside job to sabotage Platinum my man.

They wanted to bankrupt PG so they could buy them.

holy fuck
silky smooth 15fps

I remember people saying this about the ps3 last gen when it had fuck all games and you people were still defending it with your lives. How ironic. I had a ps3 first but simply moved to Xbox 360 during that initial ~4 years where the ps3 had fuck all to play. Didn't need to defend it because I had money. Same thing this gen. Had a ps4 from 2013-2014, looked at the upcoming games and nothing interested me so I sold it and used the money towards a graphics card for my pc and I'm actually enjoying the gen right now.

>Microsoft has a serious exclusive problem
No, they don't. Nintendo aside people don't give a shit about exclusives. These consoles are multiplat boxes.

The game looked like a shitty mess like MS had too much input and always had an out of touch white guy running things.

>No, they don't. Nintendo aside people don't give a shit about exclusives.

This has been proven false time and time again.

PS3 sold like fucking shit at launch, but in the end it recovered and actually managed to outsell the 360 thanks to exclusives.

>Scalebound is Kamiya's dream project, wanted to make it for ages
>accepts deal with Microsoft to finally get it made

>original protagonist was a young girl who befriends a dragon
>original game was single-player action adventure

>Microsoft says 'single-player doesn't sell, make it multiplayer
>Kamiya acquiesces to get his dream game made
>Microsoft says 'little girls don't sell, make the protag a teenage edgelord
>Kamiya acquiesces etc.

>Microsoft sets ridiculous deadlines that Platinum can't (or won't) keep
>funding is pulled, work on game continues anyway
>Microsoft writes Scalebound off, plans to milk Platinum dry and buy them out

>Scalebound officially cancelled despite years of development and nearly driving Kamiya insane from corporate bullshit
>Platinum manages to survive on its own thanks to the overwhelming success of Nier Automata
>Microsoft owns the rights to Scalebound so it'll never get made because Platinum won't trust an American company again

>proven false
>zero proof
Thanks reddit. The PS3 started its life almost twice as expensive as the 360.