What does Sup Forums think of the GOW series

what does Sup Forums think of the GOW series

2 > 1 > GoS > 3 > CoO > Asc

I played the first PSP one.
I was awesome and I really enjoyed it.

I then bought the first HD collection and played GoW1.
It was terrible.

Dumb fun, I like the setting and setpieces. Damn shame GoW4 is an over-the-shoulder parenting simulator.

2 > 1 = 3
just a dumb fun spectacle fighter with an ok story and interesting setting.

Shit ranking desu

Ascension was good. I have no idea where the hate comes from. I even put a few dozen hours into the mp

I even put a few dozen hours into your mom mate

Ghost of Sparta > 2 = 3 > Ascension = 1 > Chains of Olympus

What do we think of the new one?

No no no no.
It's II>III>GoS>I>CoO

Nah senpai. GoS is easily the best one. It actually had a story, and Deimos was cool

>Caring about story in a GoW game
>A one off character in a side game is cool

Miss me with that cuck shit

Considering that Cory Barlrog wrote GoS, why does it matter if it's a side game?

loved the first three games. bought the collection for my ps3 and gow 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. one of the must buys for the ps consoles if you ask me although I would only recommend playing the first three back to back
ascension was the biggest turd I have played on my PS3 besides castlevania. I don't understand how they managed to make a god of war game, yet only change it for the worse

2>3>1 even though all three games are awesome.

I like them. I've always been attracted to Greek Myths so being able to kill the entire Pantheon was extremely satisfying.

I wish the stories were better though. I'm replaying them for the first time in years in anticipation for the new one and holy damn the writing is awful.

>went to the theater to see Disney's Hercules as a kid
>get interested in Greek mythology
>play GoW
>have to kill Hercules
only time I was on the fence of enjoying the game desu

Extremely bad combat
Qte/button mashing even for dumb shit like opening doors
The story revolves around Kratos being mad and yelling at shit
Some puzzle aspects are pretty fun considering the grandiosity of the setpieces

I actually just finished another playthrough of it last night and honestly it's worse than I remember.
>single player is glitchy as fuck
>camera zooms way the fuck out in some battles and you can't tell what the fuck is happening
>kratos feels really clunky compared to gow3, I swear the dodge roll didn't come out half the time
>plot is terrible and disjointed
>world weapons while a cool idea are all garbage
>having to upgrade elements to max just to get their magic attacks
>they lock half your basic combos behind a rage meter that depletes when you take damage
>boss battles suck
>pacing sucks compared to 3
the graphics and animations were amazing for a ps3 game, but it felt like they focused on the MP too much and the singleplayer suffered for it

There's so much visual clutter in Ascension. It's disgusting. I can't see what the fuck I am doing, a problem I didn't have with the previous ones.

>read the comment
>confused as fuck what you are referring to since I thought you must be talking about gow 1-3
>see the comment you are quoting
so fucking true, ffs. ascension was a fucking mess. hell, even the story was bad which even redeems the worst of the other GoW games. the gameplay was just the icing on the fucking cake because almost everything about it was not fun at all

I'm not even sure I want to finish it. I got to the Oracle temple, where you get the time power and I just stopped. It's boring as fuck.

God of War 2 is the best.

You mean the worst. Fuck that pretentious fuck called Barlog.

i like gears of war

Ninja Gaiden > DmC > Bayonetta > shit > GoW

Really great series of games.

After The Order 1886 I'm afraid Santa Monica Studios has gone full retard and can't make any others.

1886 was made by Ready at Dawn, not Santa Monica.

I didn't have fun playing it either. it really was a chore man. sold it instantly after beating it and pitied the guy who bought it from me. it was really clear that the original developers weren't all on board during that one

It's great. Some of the best action games of all time, and unbeatable when it comes to scale.

It's great. I wish all of them would be playable on ps4 though.

The first 2 are genuinely good, 2 being by far the best in the series. 3 was alright, Chains of Olympus was pretty cool I guess. Haven't played Ghost of Sparta and Ascension

Is anyone actually hyped for the new one?
The more I see of it the less I like it.

I like them, not sure why so much 3 hate tho

What's keeping people from climbing out of the Underworld when dying?

>the new one probably isn’t going to have a fuck-whores-for-orbs qte

It won't. The son's always with you.

>unbeatable when it comes to scale.
that one dude you pry the fingernails off of feels smaller than the the very first fight in SotC.

they aren't as angry as kratos

Why didnt Hades just revive the Gods that were slain before him?

The first GOW remains the most thematic consistence game in the series, its an greek tragic front and throught. Solic gameplay but nothing exceptional. Great soundtrack tho. 7/10

The second one is just plain fanservice, beginning with a plot point that doesn't make any sense until you play Ghost of Sparta. A little better gameplay wise than the first game. Amazing set pieces considering how weak the PS2 was at the time. 6/10

The third one is basically the second one on steroids. It tried to take itself a bit too serios at the end with that whole "muh hope" speech bullshit, but it still solid fun. 6/10

The two portable ones are the obligatory cash grabs for the PSP. At least Ghost of Sparta tried to make a bit of sense of the storyline from GOW 2 and 3. 5/10

Ascension is the proof that this series was already starting to overstay its welcome. 4/10

The reboot looks like what happens when you give this series to a bunch of hipsters... probably because they gave this series to a bunch of hispters.

R.I.P GOW

True gods dissapear when they die i believe, they don't go to the hades