Four wireless gamepads for PC gaming in my history and all of them had something wrong. I am cursed

Four wireless gamepads for PC gaming in my history and all of them had something wrong. I am cursed.

Maybe you guys know better so educate me: What's a good PC controller that doesn't fuck up?

Pictured: Literal garbage

Bump. I'm interested in this too.

Anyone know if this fucking thing is any good?

In case anyone's curious, I tried a Logitech wireless (bought two of them, in fact) and both of them couldn't connect worth shit.

I tried an Afterglow next and it burns through batteries like nothing, the D-Pad's inaccurate, and the right stick is all kinds of janked.

Tried a Steelseries next and the Bluetooth connectivity is questionable at best. Oh, and the right trigger is all kinds of fucked up in that it tended to repeat inputs after one press.

inb4 wired

Xbox one s controller

I use this gamepad for almost a decade now and it's great, i dare you to name something better because i'm afraid it will break soon

Get an xboner pad and some eneloops my man.

No they're not the cheapest, but they're the most reliable and will last you years of constant use.

Xbone controllers are one of the best and most reliable game pads for the PC.

Don’t waste your money on shitty $30 third-party pieces of trash

I've considered the Xbone but I got some cash problems plus I've never been a big fan of the layout. Perhaps I can manage to get my hands on one in the future once I get really fed up with this string of bad luck I've been having with this.

Xbone S or DS4, whatever is cheaper. The only difference aside from design is that you can use the xbone s version wireless with earphones but only if you have the official xbone dongle.

It's really good, the joysticks are like the Vita ones for reference.

>cash problems
Where do you live? They're not even 60 and will last forever. Alternatively buy them used
>not a fan of the layout
Then get the DS4

I recommend buying the Steam controller during a Steam sale.

I've been using that controller for a few months. I think it feels very comfortable, and the battery life is pretty good, but my main problem with it is that the wireless range on it is fucking horrible.

dunno get x360 wired controller if you don't have any recent consoles that uses controllers that you can plug in to pc. you can probably find one for 10 bucks, free or something.

So far it seems console controllers are best for PC. How strangely ironic.

I'll give the console pieces some thought but some of this third-party crap is pretty appealing and I'm just hoping for a diamond in the rough.

bothe the xbone, ps4 and steam controllers are pretty good. Buy whichever fancies you the most.
Also xbone pro is the best but is obviously overpriced, you can get it if yer a richfag and never buy another pad ever again.

If console controllers are best for consoles, they're best for pc.
These mega corporations spend millions in trying to r&d the perfect controller, any third party attempt will merely try to mirror what they make.

Oldfag here, the Playstation 4 controller is honestly the best I've ever used. Besides the retarded start/select buttons, it's perfect. I would recommend buying one to use on PC even if you don't have a PS4.

PS4 or XBone S controllers are perfect, it's just a matter of preference.

Been using that one for years without problems. Should have RMA'd yours.

Apparently setting the Dualshock 4 to work with the PC is a huge pain in the ass compared with the Xbone, which is a shame because I would've liked to use its touchpad for the mouse (if that's even possible).

I'm getting closer to sucking it up and just jumping on the Xbox pad.

I don't know what it is with that controller--I bought two of those fuckers and they both kept DCing even on different comps.

Glad to hear they at least work for SOME people.

desu i really like the steam controller

>Wireless

Xbone controller.
Get the one without joysticks its not the best for 3d games and should be used for platforming/2d games anyway. (Or games with no analog controls).
That being said
Is correct and Ive used it for Vita ports.

Get a wired used xbox 360 controller (or a wireless with a chink adapter, you can install offical drivers on them) if it's just budget
Get DS4 if its just layout.
Unfortunately no option for both. DS3 licks serious nuts.

360 pad, xbone pad, or DS4

I swap between the xbone and DS4 regularly depending on whats closer. I haven't had problems with either of them. Neither really have cons and anybody who says otherwise is probably a consolefaggot out to start an argument.

More games have an xbone layout so if you get OCD about mapping menus not matching your actual controller, it might be worth taking in to consideration. Alternatively, if you're an aesthetics fag, you can customize the DS4 light on Steam

I have it and I love it. Great build quality etc. Wouldn't be my top pick for 3D games but it's definitely fine.

More research has indicated that a Switch Pro Controller could connect to the PC as well.

Can anyone verify this and vouch on if it's shit at that or not

Don't know about the Switch controller, but the Wii U Pro Controller is arguably better and works perfectly.

Works amazing with dolphin and tabs yabause and cemu

This
I have the FC30, not sure of the differences but this one at least has a system for changing the input type when you switch it on by holding buttons (e.g. x input and direct input)

Thanks for all the feedback, bros. I'll keep it all in mind when I continue shopping around, but feel free to continue shedding more light on the PC gamepad situation if you can.

Still curious about how would fare but chances of it not being trash is pretty sketchy.

Depends on the game, x360 is great for platformers but absolute trash for fighting games, overall i find ds4 better overall