Oh, what's that? You spent $60 on a game and expect to play whenever you want? HAHA no...

Oh, what's that? You spent $60 on a game and expect to play whenever you want? HAHA no, enjoy waiting 2 fucking hours for when the mode and maps change to something good.

Why the FUCK is this acceptable

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/splatoon_2_designer_explains_why_the_maps_rotate_and_salmon_run_is_time-limited
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's annoying, but you can do a custom match

if you know 7 people who own a Switch AND own Splatoon 2

I can play whenever I want, yes

now go out of your basement for a walk, shitposter

play ranked, friend people that were good, then play with them in a private lobby.

If you care so much about playing on certain maps and modes like an idiot, just pay attention to the schedule and coordinate your play time according to it.

Why are you complaining about a nintendo game treating you like a child

wait what? how does this work?

I dont mind map/mode rotations

last thing I want is for people to flock to it's de_dust/2fort

You can play only certain maps and modes within a 2 hour window. Also, the horde mode is only available certain hours of a day, you can't play out of them, unless you play it locally with at least another Switch user (you can't play it solo local)

even if you do that you have to hope that 7 random people from across the world that you befriended will happen to be playing all at the same time

thats pretty stupid
i wonder what their reasoning was

>across the world
This is Splatoon 2 not Splatoon.

It was 4 in the first game.

>aerospray user

The devs literally think they know better than the players in regards to what they want. They actually said this in an interview.

So that you play different maps and be more inclined to play different weapons as well. Like even if you just look at games where you choose like TF2, everyone just chooses teufort and no one picks tc_hydro anymore.

>He hasn't gotten good with all weapons
>He hasn't learned all maps
>He hasn't mastered every mode
Casual fuck

That's like saying why don't you just do a Shuckle only run for Pokemon games. It's not fun.

The rewards for playing horde mode are rather substantial. When the horde mode is open it makes it feel more special and likely draws a hell of a lot more players than it would if it were available constantly.

This too. What's the point of making a dozen detailed maps if the community is only going to gravitate to one. It's disgusting when I want to check out new TF2 maps, join a quick match and wow what do you know it's 2fort and turbine indefinitely how awesome.

>tfw finally got my first 2 perfect gear pieces.
>165+ hrs played

People complain about the map rotation but I honestly don't mind it. Makes my teammates suck less because they can strategist around only 2 maps at a time. The real issue I have with this game is how disgusting the grind is for good gear. I feel like I'm playing a f2p MMO farming ability chunks. Is there a faster way to be going about this? Admittedly the pace Im getting them has increased as Ive begun spamming ranked.

in your opinion

It's because having perfect gear is MLG autism-tier and it needs to be balanced as such, if you want to be an MLG autist you gotta waste your time.

getting gear with 3 of the same abilities is too much of a hassle
I just try to use chunks to get 3 of each ability I want between all the gear I have on (i.e. 2 of one ability on one piece, 1 of the same ability on another piece, etc)
It wasn't hard with all the prizes I got from salmon run

at least it doesn't have map voting

> he can't play on every map
I bet you only use one type of weapon too you shitter.

*Horde mode is open every other day and when it is open its open for 20 hours

nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/splatoon_2_designer_explains_why_the_maps_rotate_and_salmon_run_is_time-limited
Rolling Stone: You once said that when you went to work for Kojima at Konami, you possessed “westerner’s knowledge” that was a hindrance rather than a help.

Jordan Amaro: “Hindrance” is probably not the word. It is a hindrance if you persist in that way of thinking while the team is going in a different direction.
It’s not just language. It’s a way to perceive games, and the user. I see it on Splatoon right now. You look at Splatoon, and then people look at Overwatch. These are two totally different games. Overwatch is a self-service game. You boot the game and say, “Hey, I like this mode. I like this character. And I’m only ever going to play this mode, this character, and this map.” You’re like, “I’m going to get what I want.”

But in Japan, everything is tailored. You’ve probably heard Sheena Iyengar’s TED talk, in which she went to a restaurant in Japan and tried to order sugar in her green tea. The people at the cafe said, “One does not put sugar in green tea,” and then, “We don’t have sugar.” But when she ordered coffee instead, it did come with sugar! In Japan, there’s a sense of, “We’re making this thing for you, and this is how we think this thing is better enjoyed.” This is why, in Splatoon, the maps rotate every couple of hours. And the modes change. “I bought this game. Why can’t I just enjoy this game the way I want?” That’s not how we think here. Yes, you did buy the game. But we made this game. And we’re pretty confident about how this game should be enjoyed. If you stick with us, and if you get past your initial resistance, you’re going to have the time of your life with this game. You’re really going to love it.

Rolling Stone: You think you know what we want better than we know what we want?

Jordan Amaro: We think we know what you don’t know you want.

>If you stick with us, and if you get past your initial resistance, you’re going to have the time of your life with this game. You’re really going to love it.
they're not wrong
pretty ballsy thing to say still

>want to play koth
>get a 40 minute 2cp drawfest instead
>want to play 3v3 deathmatch
>blizzard removed it from arcade
Was this guy leaking brain fluid during the interview?

>Angery because of rotations
What about the meta(tm) that ruins any attempt at playing any weapon that aren't blastes, dualies, splatlings, rollers and brushes?

I think part of the reason most people don't want to deviate away from what's comfortable is because they're afraid of failure even if it's something as insignificant as their rank going down. Looks like they're right again.

Ballsy thing to say, for sure. But honestly I appreciate how things are done in Splatoon. Not every game needs to have absolutely everything customizable. Sometimes it's nice to play on maps that you don't often play. I mean, if you were able to choose the maps, I'd say it's pretty like you'd stick with the same few maps and rarely go out of your comfort zone. With the way things are setup in Splatoon 2, you're forced to adapt to the circumstances, and in a way it levels the playground, because everyone is thrown into a stage that they may or may not be good at, rather than just playing their favorite stage all the time where they know every nook and cranny and strategy.

>I think part of the reason most people don't want to deviate away from what's comfortable is because they're afraid of failure even if it's something as insignificant as their rank going down
I used to avoid ranked for this reason despite liking ranked game modes a hell of a lot more. Made me wish there was a casual way to play those modes. Once I was thoroughly sick of Turf War I stopped caring about whether or not my rank would go down. I still kinda wish there was a no-pressure way to play those modes though.

>get a 40 minute
but that's the key, in splat 2 matches are extremely short so it hardly matters

>faggot doesn't understand how splatoon works and compares it to a bunch of incompatible shit
imagine my surprise

that's why they split ranked and made it per-mode (so your splatzone, clam blitz, tower control, and rainmaker ranks are all separate)

>people know they'll be playing on 1 of 2 maps
>1 of them is good for chargers, the other isn't
>they pick chargers anyway for the times when they'll have an advantage
>end up with half your team being borderline useless
yeeeeee

I don't think the current system is so bad. I understand why they did it and sort of appreciate it since I would never touch rainmaker or tower control otherwise.
However they should really at least put in a third map during normal times because playing on the same two for two hours (formerly four hours) is rather shitty.

That's a smart way of doing it. I'll probably do that when I go for a pure /fa/ set that I really like. My plan currently was just trying to farm a variety of gear that I can switch between for different weapons and stuff. I'm only an A rank range scrub right now but I'm still climbing.

In my experience the meta doesn't really favor those weapons at all and most weapons can do well. In fact I find the meta doesn't favor weapon classes but rather particular weapons with good kits.

>Why the FUCK is this acceptable
because this isn't a shit game that ends up being 24/7 one map that everyone plays to make up for a lack of talent