Look, if you're fighting a bear, and the only way to survive is to sic your dog on it and run, you'll do it...

>Look, if you're fighting a bear, and the only way to survive is to sic your dog on it and run, you'll do it. As much as you love your dog, it isn't human.

Was she right?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-2875
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck no, edgy xenophobe
Also fuck that, I care more about my dog than I do about surviving

BASED ASHLEY

Considering she was talking about what the council might do, and that this is exactly what they did, potentially three time. I'd say, yeah. Spot on prediction.

>run
My dog is the distraction I need to put a few bullets in it's skull.

>it's skull.
>it is skull.

how can anyone be racist in a world with vorcha, volus, krogans, batarians, quarians, rachni and collectors? don't you see see that we're all equal???

>video games
>ur a fag

>not putting yourself on the bear so your dog can run

Yes, which did happen with the council and especially the events of Mass Effect 3. Self preservation prioritizes that of others particularly in a political sphere. A lot of people misunderstand that phrase.

This is subtle yet in your face at the same time, 8/10 bait, here's your (You).

SUFFER NOT THE XENO SCUM!

I think she's right, yes.

I have this friend who has two cats and a fat little pitbull; the pitbull sleeps on the bed with her at night. She started dating one of my other friends and she asked him to stay with her one night. The fucking dog though, the fucking dog wouldn't let him on the bed. Kept growling at him and shit. She actually sided with the damn dog and told him sorry, this is where he sleeps. Dogs aren't fucking humans.

When people act like dogs' lives don't matter as much because they "aren't human", it's a good sign that there's something psychologically wrong with them

>dogs aren't fucking humans
I think that girl might prove you wrong in time if she keeps doing that shit

Objectively wrong. A human's potential is more useful to society thus man is above animal for this alone. A dog cant take my order at McDonald's you see.

Utility isn't a sliding scale my dude

Nah most dogfag retards would just die with their worthless dog. That's fine though Easy to just dig 1 hole for both of them.

Possessive is "its"
Contraction is "it apostrophe s"

lmao dumb cunt
just scream at the bear really loudly and it'll run away, bears are some of nature's biggest cowards

ow the edge

I'd sic another human on it and run with my dog.

Kaidan is a lucky bastard, after talking with Ashley for two minutes the choice on Virmire is pretty obvious.

this.

Guess they coulda used more dogs here scp-wiki.net/scp-2875

I got rid of him, she's a bitch but he's a whiner.

I romanced Ashley on my renegade human supremacist Shep

No, Krogans, Humans, Space Gypsies and so on are LITERALLY EXACTLY the same. If you say anything else or show statistics about Krogan violent tendencies then you are a fucking SPECIESIST and deserve to LOSE YOUR JOB. Now excuse me while I go home to live in my average income all-human community.

>edgy xenophobe
disgusting species mixer

>shitbull
there's your problem

But then 3 happens

>there are people who actually used any human party members

Hell no. He'll either outrun my fat ass while I get mauled or we both get mauled together.

>not using Zaeed

>Not fighting the bear with your bare hands

>not fighting the bare with your bear hands

Miranda is always on my team. For team bonuses.

Yes, people can talk a big game on the internet about "muh dog", but if you're actually in that situation where you're facing getting eaten by a bear you're gonna sacrifice the dog.

>Yes, people can talk a big game on the internet about "muh friend", but if you're actually in that situation where you're facing getting eaten by a bear you're gonna sacrifice your friend.

your retarded

You likely would, yeah. But even still a dog isn't on the same level as a human being, that's the point of the quote.

And if you genuinely value the life of a dog as much as a human there's literally something wrong with you.

>if you genuinely value the life of a dog as much as a human there's literally something wrong with you.
There's something wrong with literally every person in existence, stop acting like a fag because other people have different priorities and opinions than you

A dog I've known and loved for years holds more value to me than some guy I don't even know

I value my dog more than a random person but a friend as much as my dog. The closer you are to me the more you matter.

Yeah I think she was, at least initially. The thing about Ash is she eventually gets over her initial concerns. All the same though fuck the council.

the best part about Ashley is how everything she warns you the aliens will do, they actually fucking do
It's not racism if you're right

Kek

No? Dogs and humans form a close bond but they're still the lesser species and are subservient.

This doesn't change objective facts, a dogs life holds less value than a human.

You get in a car crash for which blame is not clearly evident; you're fine, but the other human being is severely hurt as is your dog, are you literally going to spend your time helping the dog?

A life holds no value objectively

Kaidan is shit

and people misunderstand her a lot
she isn't advocating xenophobia, she is merely advocating that humanity should have a solid position from which to interact with the galaxy from, because when worst comes, it's gonna be every species for itself.
That's not hate speech, that's just common sense.

Very good

>This doesn't change objective facts, a dogs life holds less value than a human.
This is literally untrue and you are using "objectively" incorrectly

I guarantee you there are plenty of people in the world that would

I don't know why so many people think the world is so black and white.

>there's something wrong with everyone so that justifies me being so ass-backwards that I prioritize an animal's life over that of a human being's because muh doggo
dogfags. not even once. I love animals, but if it's life or death, the dog has to go.

Yes, it does until it's proven otherwise.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You didn't answer the question, are you going to prioritize an injured dog over an injured human?

Then why would you find it objectional if I were to hear you say that in real life and then hold a knife to your throat?

That isn't correct when we're talking about non human lives

that is such a stupid, hamfisted thing to say
if the bear wants you, it's going to come for you whether you run or not
if you sic your dog on it, the bear is probably not going to give a rat fuck about it because unless your dog is a fucking georgian sheepdog balrog, you're still bigger, easier prey, especially if we're talking about a grizzly bear

a less bumblefuck retard thing to say would be, if your dog was attacked by a bear, you'll run and leave it behind to save yourself

I am yes, the life of a stranger holds objectively less value to me than a pet that has been my companion for most of its life.

People playing the games don't pay attention to the time period either. The first contact war didn't end all that long ago.

No, I'm using it correctly. A dog is less than a human in literally every category, they are a lesser species.

Because he is heavily invested in his throat?
Why is that?

>something is a way until you prove that it isn't that way
My life, your life, any life holds no OBJECTIVE value
Subjective yes, but not objective, stop being a moron
How does that change anything

ashley i don't fuckin care heres some spiders

bears don't think far ahead, retard

nice b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

People in my car matter more than people in the other car. Once they're ok then I worry about the other car.

Gross. And people sometimes wonder why society is so fucked.

Fuck fellow human beings, I just need this dog.

>thinking the bear would ignore an attacking dog and run after you

do you really think this? because you are giving the bear the thought processes of a serial killer or something instead of a bear

you realize that bears can be chased off by house cats, right? you realize that elephants actually are afraid of rats and shit sometimes, right?

Why do you think my life holds some kind of objective value? Your life?

If an alien race came to Earth and decided to exterminate us all because they deemed our life to be of no value, how do we hold some value objectively?

generally speaking bears don't hunt humans for food unless they are truly desperate, at which point if it can get it's claws on a dog it's gonna go for the dog
if not and it's just protecting it's territory/offspring it's also going to go for the closest threat which'll be the dog not the human

Fuck you faggot bears are incredibly intelligent and think well ahead we value planning and foresight, and not all bears just care about honey that's meme level shit.

A dog isn't a person...

It's a fucking dog. Yes, if you have a human passenger help them, if you have a dog and let a person die to help that dog there's something wrong with you

>People in my car
there aren't any people in your car who need help, user.

she was saying it to the wrong person, that's for sure. shepard can kill geth prime, he can kill a bear.

You doubt bears

I would. I care more about my own dog than random people, I'll tend to my own dog first.

It's tribalism. Dog is my part of my tribe, stranger is a stranger.

that said it is interesting that the Turians were one of the few species that never (one asshole councilor aside) betrayed the humans

it's going to attack the thing that's right in front of it and trying to harm it, moron

>pitbull owner sleeps with dog and respects it more than humans

Yeah, huge shocker.

ASH WAS RIGHT
GAS THE BATARIANS
RACE WAR NOW

Dumbass. You don't know the first thing about bears

You have no idea what you're talking about to such an embarrassing extent. Grizzly bears don't even hunt humans for food you absolute spastic, you're thinking of black bears. Please go away and read a wikipedia page at least before commenting on wildlife.

There's millions of us. My neighbor could die tomorrow and I would not give a single fuck. This "human life take precedence" is bullshit hero propaganda. There are too many of us for human life to be precious.

Genetically speaking we are only wired to protect family and mates. That's it.

Because people who aren't total pieces of shit recognize that another human life is important until its proven otherwise.

That may be what you value, but it isn't what I value
Hmmm, it's almost as if this is a SUBJECTIVE matter, not an OBJECTIVE matter

Honestly I don't owe the people in the other car shit. In fact I'm not medically trained I probably shouldn't be touching them at all.
Beings then. Anything living thing in my car trumps the other car. The further removed from my life you are the less you matter. Are you weeping for all the people in sex slavery right now? Of course not, they're not close to you. But if it was your sister or mother or friend you'd care.

This
A human life is "worth" precisely nothing
It's up to you to determine how you value it

You're not actually explaining why

Are you underage? You'll learn in time this is how humans work. They hold onto what is familiar, of course they're gonna choose their pet instead of a stranger. If that doesn't sit right with you then you should get used to it because that's just how the world works. In the end, objective facts mean shit, and instinct's gonna tell you to save that which is familiar.

>yes i believe in god shepard, is that a problem?

But you're not telling me why it is important or why it has some value?

And I'm not even talking humans. I'm talking some more advance species declaring humans have no value. Where does your objectivity fit into that scenario?

That's not tribalism, your dog is a separate species. Tribalism would be a white human refusing to help a black person.

A human is closer to your tribe than a dog. The dog would be killed and eaten to feed the other humans in the tribe. A dog is less than a human.

People arguing human supremacy are half right, but tribalism is really what should be the focus of this argument

Ashley's point only applies in ME1 when humans weren't part of the council. Once they joined they were expected to take care of their own shit because that's what council status means: you're big enough and influential enough to attend to your own backyard so we'll let you give input on the neighborhood.

It's because they actually fought each other I think.

>no option to leave them both behind

shit game

especially given that humans (well the humans that are actually capable of walking around in forests) are pretty much the definition of bad prey
we have shit for meat compared to the damage we can do. Humans are one of those nasty animals that can and will go for an attacker's eyes whenever possible and have a damn good shot at harming them.
And a blind animal is a dead animal