I play videogames since I was 2 years old, I remember playing Enduro with my father on Atari 2600...

I play videogames since I was 2 years old, I remember playing Enduro with my father on Atari 2600. Then I remember my SNES on Christmas with Super Mario World when I was 4 years old. I played videogames my entire life, but I never get into PC games.
I have a shit laptop that can run the old ones, I want to expand my horzions. I ask, without baiting, what are the must play games that were only on PC? Independent of genre, I love videogames and I never played PC exclusives, aside Half Life, ( I played the PS2 version, I didn't liked) so I want to fix this in this year. I know there is a good part of Sup Forums which grew up with PC games, can you help me? I don't trust "Top 10 PC games" on Youtube.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/339800/discussions/0/616198900649668367/
dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hentai games works too, I don't care. I want to try.

>games that were only on PC?
This "must be an exclusive to count!" mentality is bizarre and cancerous. There's TONS of games that started off as PC games, and only recently got ported to other systems, with very varying success. Certain genres, such as strategy games and FPS, simply work so much better on PC.

There's also the great benefit of mods, which can provide entirely new gaming experiences you won't find on consoles.

>shit laptop
why is it always a laptop with you people? And why don't you ever post the actual SPECS??
Get a refurbished office PC made in the past 7 years, slap in a 100$ low-power graphics card, and bam : you got yourself a 1080p/60fps capable gaming PC!

Now, for some games, here's some of my all time favorites, from different eras:

Doom -games
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Shadow Warrior 3D
Half-Life -series
Quake 1 & 2
Serious Sam -series
STALKER trilogy
FEAR + expansions
Portal 1 & 2
Far Cry 1
Crysis 1 + expansion
Max Payne 1-2
Worms: Armageddon
System Shock 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2
Killing Floor 1-2
Red Orchestra 2 + RS
Warcraft 3 + TFT
C&C: Red Alert 1 & 2
Witcher 1
The Talos Principle

Pic related has majority of the notable ones from the past.

Diablo 2, age of empire 2/Total War games/dawn of War (first with extensions) if you're into strat games, unreal tournament 2004/doom with mods (check /vr/)/stalker if you like fpss

here ya go.

>FTL: Faster Than Light
>Undertale
>Papers Please
>Huniepop
>Katawa Shoujo
>Thomas Was Alone
I'm literally just reading off my Steam favorites. TBQH, PC exclusives aren't all that great. There are some games which are just flat-out better on PC, like Morrowind or New Vegas, where you can fix pretty much every problem with mods, unlike on consoles, but that's probably not what you're looking for. PC's advantage isn't really in its exclusives, it's in its modability and wide selection of game available. Also you can emulate pretty much any 6th gen game or older for absolutely free.

>pic
Holy shit, thank you, user. Really.

>games that were only on PC?
Abou this part, I don't care about exclusives, I always been an idort, asie from PC. But I put the Half Life example to ilustrate, the majority of PC games of past don't translated well to consoles. Today you have the game on console and better performance and graphics on PC.

>shit laptop
Pic, my specs. PC was never my priority, I alwways enjoyed what consoles had do offer. The price was not the problem, when I got to work that is, but I am really dumb about PC tech. I just loved games.

>List
Thank you very much, user. I will check out everything in this list. I remember playing Monkey Island and Loom on DS, but I want to know how they really are. Thank you again for the trouble.

Like I saind, there is not a genre that I don't like, aside Visual Novels. Thank you
,really!

>This "must be an exclusive to count!" mentality is bizarre and cancerous
Fuck off faggot. He just wants to make sure people suggest games he wouldn’t have already had available to him on his console(s)

Whatever you do, check out canyourunit.com

No, YOU fuck off.
Majority of ALL PC-to-console titles are gigantically superior on the PC. Ironically, same applies to vice-versa games too.

Eh, that sit'es not too trustworthy. It's merely a veeery roughly indicator if you have any chance at all, but its results should be taken with a grain of salt.
Much more effective method is to go to Youtube, search for "(your specs) gaming", and check some actual gameplay footage of popular games. People and even devs tend to greatly overestimate the minimum requirements for way too many games these days.

Oh shit, I always wanted to play this, but I don't knnow if my shit laptop can run,

Thank you, user! I have Thomas Was Alone on my Vita and Papers Please looked boring to me, but again, I don't know shit about PC games. Going to try it then.
Huniepop is censored Steam, right? I don't know if this question is stupid or not, I just want to buy the game with everything it has. I don't judge piracy, but If I can avoid, the better.
Thank you again!

>I am really dumb about PC tech
the history pic poster here,
it's never been easier to get to PC gaming. There's TONS of easy to find and follow material and even services available for "console refugees" so to say, and you can easily and cheaply build and even buy a gaming PC that not only costs as much as consoles, but also tend to BTFO their capabilities by a mile.
Youtube, logicalincrements.com ... there's a lot of all free info just waiting for you.

I myself was a console peaseant up until ~2004, at which point I used my saved money to get myself a proper PC. I was like 15 at the time, mostly got one to learn how to MAKE games, but it practically ended up replacing all my other devices after a while. Even more so after I learned of the wonder of emulation.

SPECSS?? What are SPECS?!

Thank you for the sugestion, but I dowloaded the app and it told me that I can't run Deus EX. I tried and 120FPS. I didn't checkn ever since.

>I always wanted to play this, but I don't knnow if my shit laptop can run,
It will. At least on the available DX8 lighting mode (Static Lighting). They are 10yo games, running on even older engine, so any PC-like device made in past decade should run it just fine. Obviously you'll lose some of the finer eye-candy, but the games are still very atmospheric and challenging.

My own craptop with i3 @ 2.1Ghz, 6GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 3000, clocks some amazing > 70fps average, at 720p, med-high settings, DX8 lighting, V-sync off, all while using the Starter-Pack's graphical mods to boot.

No problem, user :). The Huniepop devs released a free uncensored patch on the Steam forums.

steamcommunity.com/app/339800/discussions/0/616198900649668367/

Also, if you're into Action RPGs, try Fable: The Lost Chapters. The original Fable was Xbox exclusive, but the PC expansion added a bunch of new story content where the original game left off

Oh look, it's another anime girl poster.

Ok, 'I like all genres but hurr can'tintocomputerzlol I swears'
I'll post a couple.

First, shame on the other weeb faggots in here for forgetting Mount & Blade (warband)

Have you ever played an MMO before?

Não sou um robô
Privacidade - Termos

No really, mods are game-changers.
TES 3-5 & Fallout 3/NV/4 are all worth revisiting if you played them vanilla, liked them, and never tried modding.

Shit posted the shitty example.

I'll give you the basic games that's well rounded to start you off.
Branch off your tastes from there

1. doom - FPS
2. jagged alliance 2 - Turn-Based Tactics
3. alpha centauri - 4X
4. diablo 2 - ARPG
5. starcraft - RTS
6. swat 3 - TACTICOOL
7. gta: san andreas - 3rd Person Sandbox
8. sam and max hit the road - Point-And-Click
9. Fallout 2 - RPG
10. Sims 1/2 - sandbox

At least try these 10, and you could probably find what you enjoy the most and go from there.

OP you might wanna get to know how to emulate since most of the time the emulated game is superior to the original version, or could end up being more convenient for you to play it on PC
Also, has a bit of personal advice, take the recomendations of everyone with some doubt since you tend to overestimate the things you like and what not

This whole series & its derivatives are good.
Recent titles were on console as well, but I don't know if the Long War mod made it there so again, more to see.
X-com, btw.

>emulating
>with this
lmao

Im saying for the future of course
The spoiler however I meant it 100%

nu-com gameplay.
Tactical/strategy.

What mods for new vegas baby

I know how widesrpread it is, but I never gave a fuck. I always had the games and systems to play said game, so emulation for me was useless. But I see now, you can play the game in a much better way than the orignal in a matter of years (if not months) now. I will uild a PC, this generation was shit for me.

Well, I know what I will play fisrt then, I didn't tried because I can't play Hollow Knight in 20 FPS. While Cuphead was in 60FPS. This is my next game!

Amazing, even I can understand these things, Going to play for sure!
>Fable: The Lost Chapters
This is what I am talking about. I played Fable but I didn't knew about this expansion. It's going to be a full year.

Yeah, Ragnarok Online and Lineage. Fuck me, user, now I am nostalgic. My class played every monday, thursday and freeday on a Cybercafe for 10 hours.

I played Oblivion and Skyrim on launch on 360 and liked. I Love Skyrim without mods, this show my poor taste.

I never liked Sims and played Doom since Snes. Even got the platinum on PS3. San Andreas I played on PS2 and I played Sam and Max on 360. I don't know which one.

Emulation isn't my thing right now, because I probably played the games on the consoles. I know PC can run said games much better, but I want new things,

Thank you all, anons, true. I was afraid that this thread would be understood as a bait.

Hoo boy, just go ask /fog/

>what are the must-play games that were only on PC?
Here you go, OP:
1. Deus Ex
2. System Shock/System Shock 2
3. X Beyond The Frontier/X Tension/X2/X3 (in that order)
4. Gothic
5. Arx Fatalis
6. The Longest Journey
7. Alpha Centauri
8. Galactic Civilizations/Galactic Civilizations II
9. Disciples/Disciples II
10. VampirE The Masquerade Redemption/VampirE The Masquerade Bloodlines
11. Diablo/Diablo II
12. WASTELAND/WASTELAND 2
13. Master of Orion/Master of Orion II
14. Clive Barker's Undying
15. BLOOD/BLOOD II
16. Heretic/Hexen
17. Septerra Core
18. Archimedean Dynasty/AquaNox
19. Anachronox
20. Unreal
21. Ultima Underworld/Ultima Underworld II
22. Elder Scrolls Daggerfall (see this dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap)
23. Freelancer
24. Torchlight/Torchlight II
25. Divinity/Beyond Divinity/Divine Divinity/Divinity Original Sin/Divinity Original Sin II
26. "Planet Escape - Tournament"
27. Fallout/Fallout 2
28. Civilization II/III/IV/V
29. Age of Mythology
30. King's Bounty
31. Paradise Cracked.
32. THIEF/THIEF 2
33. Serious Sam First Encounter/Serious Sam Second Encounter

>played Bethesda games vanilla & liked
Confirmed, you must spend the next day or two browsing the nexus putting together a load order for one of them.
Watch out for oblivion though, nu-windows doesn't play nice with it.

meant for

I wouldn't put them in that order, but the list is pretty solid.

Throw S.T.A.L.K.E.R series in there.

>anime poster
Go back to your PS2.

>wasteland
That game is way too old and clunky to be recommened

>too old for an oldfag namedropping atarishit
>can't recommend something if it's clunky

>no Warcraft 3 or StarCraft
>no Total Annihilation
What the fuck this list

Dude, too long of a list already. I'm tired and need some sleep. If I'd were fresh, I'd write, like, at least 500 positions in that list no problem. It's obviously nowhere near to be full.

Fallout 1 is manageable but wasteland is just outdated, even i cant stand to play it and ive played dos games