Had Blizzard ever done anything original?

Had Blizzard ever done anything original?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/MultiplayerOnlineBattleArena
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

league shitters calling out soywatch lmao

>league of chinese calling out overkoreans

that's fucking smite not LoL

Smite is a trash game im surprised anyone even plays it still

Oops
league of legends in third person my bad

Blizzdrones in full damage control mode

no
>dune -> starcraft
>Everquest, ultima -> WoW
>MTG -> hearthstone
>TF2 -> Overwatch

oh I forgot to mention I was playing MTG in public with someone because I'm a fucking loser and some guy walked up to us and said
>wow that looks like a ripoff of hearthstone

another thing I forgot to mention in my post is that blizzard actually made a warcraft trading card game before they made hearthstone.

>Rally
It's just the Concheror
>Shield Bash
It's just the Demoknight

what's the d3 crusader in hots' abilities?

Overwatch is a trash game, never fucking reply to me again kid or else ill get you fucking banned, do you fucking know who i am?

(you)r nobody

;)

Sure they have. They had a multi-skll, effect-based, selectable-gender character long before you cuck-mongoloid-game.

What's your point?

youre are gay, say bye to you account kid

and Overwatch is a trash game too
what's your point?

Since it's obvious that they could only think as far as TF2 loadouts=> new character and cribbing MOBA/MOBA-em-up kits, what are some loadouts that could probably make for a good OW character?

We don't have a real demoknight, we have spastic weeb tryhard and Reinhardt. Somebody that just darts from skirmish to skirmish, cleaving through things with a manly claymore and soaking up damage passively with a shield. Make her a cute Scottish girl in a kilt and throw in some Soldier secondary with bagpipes that act like the trumpets/concheror to act as a team buff.

Didn't blizzard create a crusader class in diablo that did basically this before any of those existed?

None of these abilities or character types are original, its all copied from each other.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/MultiplayerOnlineBattleArena

How far you bois want to go back? Because the original Warcraft game was meant to be a Warhammer RTS that they adapted into something tangentially related after GamesWorkShop didn't want to proceed.

>dune
you mean warhammer 40k?

don't forget how starcraft is literally warhammer 40k

this
>be shitty indie studio
>make a 40k game and pitch it to GW
>they tell you to fuck off
>change some names around to make a new IP
>starcraft is born

Why are you even asking this, Blizzard has never been in charge of originality, all they do is compile and polish existing concepts.
They basically look at a genre of gaming, say "you know, those games are pretty nice, but look at how buggy and clunky they all are. I bet we could make a huge game out of it."
Then they do that, squeeze out their megagame, rake in cash hand over first and move on to the next project while everyone else in the industry tries to copy their success, while failing to understand what made it work in the first place.
Asking if Blizzard has any original games is a clear sign you have no idea as to how they operate.

So what about Diablo?

Diablo was a turn based roguelike that was, due to executive meddling, turned into a real time game.
Surprisingly, pretty much everyone agreed it was a good idea the moment they actually saw it play out.
Also, the division that made diablo was originally not even Blizzard, they acquired the company, renamed it Blizzard North and threw money at them.

I'd say some quick robot that uses lock-on barrage projectiles (or like Titanfall's smart-pistol, otherwise closer to the SMR), but are weak and require the player to uses small dodges and blocks to manually stop incoming projectiles himself. Can also manually-fire but fire rate will be slower.

Also this one's a TF2-expy, but it uses (IMO) the best part they never truly copied: A character based around the rocket jumping but with "jump-bursts" instead of rockets and mantread-ing enemies (and a weak ranged pulsegun for backup). Maybe be a cyborg-kangaroo similar to Winston but with a junker-aesthetic because >australia.

>The Anti-Mage
>Anti-Mage

>shieldbash is not old
>rally is not old
You try to see things where are none.

>they tell you to fuck off

Pretty sure GW contracted proto-Blizzard to make a WH game, but decided against it before it was finished.

Shush, you're ruining the anti-Blizzard circlejerk.

Don't forget Ash from Paladins.

>not mentioning the abomination that is HotS

Don't know which game is on the left but it didn't invent any of those concepts

no. warcraft and starcraft are both (shitty) warhammer ripoffs.

holyshit that chart sucks. learn some fucking html

fuck I hate stuns in Overwatch fuck that mechanic

Blizzard is fucking hacks, what else is new?

Diablo 1 and 2 was actually really unique and well done.
Had some inspirations from games like gauntlet and DnD, but you can say that about every fantasy game to be honest.

>another stun mechanic skill
WOW arena all over, whoever CC more wins

git gud cuck