Why own a console when PC streaming is easier than ever?

Why own a console when PC streaming is easier than ever?

user, don't tell me you buy a $400 to play a select few of exclusive games? Are you really that sad?

Got that thing for $4. Must have gotten about $4 worth of use out of it too.

>tfw i bought the steam link for $5 + $2.99 shipping
>tfw no face

latency is shit on those. it's ok for some games, not all.

That thing sucks

I bought a console because I like Playstation.

Have this in my TV. The lag is crazy.

that thing sucks OP atleast post hdmi cables or some shit

Only because you have a trash router.

$400 is significantly cheaper than any comparable PC though.
GPUs alone are over $1000

post YFW you fell for the Steam Link meme

>routerlet asspain
Delicious.

No, idiotic routerlet. You can enjoy carrying your big PC around while I enjoy lag free gaming anywhere in my house because I didn't cheap out on a router.

Mine works great except when it stutters for about 10 seconds once every 5 mi it's a of gameplay making it unplayable
I mean, other than that its great, low input lag and fine resolution/fps streaming. Just the god damn stuttering

exclusives are the only reason

pc gaming is a joke
there hasn't been a worthwhile non-meme game in years

>pc is only for gaming
Every time with idiots like you. Are you just going to forget about the massive productivity and flexibility advantages?

shut the fuck up and neck yourself, reply to me ever again and im bashing your god damn router into your fucking skull

>streaming

For what purpose?

Nobody uses a fucking desktop to work. That's what phones, tablets/convertibles, and MAYBE laptops are for.

Go for it, poorfag idiot. Your worthless existence was never fit for Steam Link.

>Post looks like it was written by a special needs kid
Yep, it checks out. Enjoy your Steam Link kid :)

Instead of buying a $400 console to play games in the living room, you buy a $5 Steam Link to play your PC games in the living room, and they still look and perform better than a console.

The Steamlink is fucking trash, I don't care how good your router is, just use monitors like someone who isn't subhuman

I am. Meanwhile you're stupid enough to buy an entirely new $400 machine to play games in a different room. You're so idiotic it's funny.

>The Steamlink is fucking trash
Mindless crying from a mindless routerlet idiot. Keep it coming.

here comes router bash

i hope you also have 4 steam controllers for multiplayer with your sister and her friends ;)

Becaise PC has and will always be the cancer killin the industry
>waking sims
>free to play
>battle royales
>jump scares
>loot boxes
>YouTube celebs
All originated or popularized on PC. So no, I would rather spend 400 dollars than contribute to cancer.

Man, I hate my Steam link, atleast this thread helped me realize I'm not the only one.

>Input lag

No thanks

Do they only sell these on Steam and GameStop? I missed like 3 sales because they don't ship to my PO Box.

I got mine during the Christmas sale along with the controller. I feel like I got rused.

Yes, you're not the only poorfag routerlet on Sup Forums.

I've tried streaming to the TV through steam app, then tried a regular hdmi cable and I can't go back to a wireless laggy shit

Just get one off Ebay.

nah, still not good for every gayme.

Cool user, what games do you play on it?

lmao you actually have autism, my router is probably better than yours and i would never waste my time with that unreliable piece of shit, do routers get you hard or something? like shut the fuck up you can't even make a decent argument rofl

Face it you have a shitty computer brazil

>my router is probably better than yours
I noticed you say this without actually telling everyone what your router model is. No doubt because you're too embarrassed and ashamed to say it. Such is the nature of complete morons like yourself, who never know when to give up.

No shit it's not, but it's great for any game utilizing controllers, especially emulators like Dolphin.

What is your setup user?

>any game
meant to say every game*

most pc Ports are sadly trash

i5-8600k
RBK50 - Satellite upstairs with PC plugged into it via Ethernet.

I can play Steam Link anywhere without plugging in an Ethernet cable. The only area with a slight bit of input lag is downstairs at the opposite end of where my PC is.

It works perfectly on ethernet.

I don't use it that much myself, but it gets used quite a bit when the nieces and nephews are visiting.

>RBK50 - Satellite
user thats $369.99...

Yeah but the stores i mentioned usually sell them at 5 bucks. eBay sells them at 25 the cheapest.

my router is better than yours

My router is literally better than yours. I feel like a really big man now. Thanks dude, you fixed my fairly sad night of shit posting.

Even bad PC ports usually get fixed by the community and end up better than the console version.
See: Dark Souls

look in any office building. the fuck do you see you goddamn brainlet. not fucking phones or tablets.

>Saints Row 2

>t. NEET.

You won't find a single place of business that uses laptops over desktops because laptops are inconvenient and murder on your posture if you have use them for 8 hours a day.

reliable place to store data, with flexible speed for multiple/intense tasks. can be personalized to the nth degree, and i can't drop it and break it and have to replace it. also no fucking retarded battery bullshit.

t. brazil

Doesn't work worth a damned on wifi, and if i'm connecting a cable why aren't i just connecting an HDMI cable to my tv?

That's never going to mean anything until you prove you have something better.

The reality is, you don't, because you're a worthless idiot.

>Doesn't work worth a damned on wifi
That's because your router is absolute trash.

There Are tens of thousands of console exclusives uneducated faggots

Or I could buy a HDMI cable for waay cheaper that doesn't require internet.

Reviews and even product descriptions always said the same, and
>works for me
is shit and has always been shit.

I bought a 50ft HDMI cable. Steam Link blows.

Also, I'm an idort. Piss off

Again, your router is absolute trash. This is further proven by the fact that you're not revealing your model.

The controller's good, though.

>I bought a 50ft HDMI cable. Steam Link blows.
Lol, enjoy having cords running all over the floor.

>Also, I'm an idort. Piss off
Actually you're an idiot.

Can someone tell me how to connect my Xbox One X controller to my PC and use Steam Link to play in my living room couch but my PC is in another floor.

>doesnt know cable management

Why the fuck would you want to do that? Just connect the controller to the Steam Link.

Oh I didn't know that was possible

looks like an external HDD

i hate pcbros

Does Retroarch show up over steamlink now? Use to have an issue where you couldn't see the menu.

Because I don't want a 100ft HDMI cable across the floor of the place.

We're not talking about building a PC here. A worthless idiot like yourself might be content with a 50ft cable running across the floor, but smart people aren't, particularly when working with a two-storey house.

that thing was a colossal ripoff and failure

>being this dense

Keep crying.

i hate v a l v e d r o n e s

>$5 a "solossal ripoff"
t. poorfag idiot routlet.

There sure are a lot of poorfags on Sup Forums today.

I'm sure you hate a lot of things in life, it's only natural for losers like yourself to hate things you can't have.

how did you automatically assume he is a sonygro?

Have to buy a 1500$ vga to play on their 3000$ monitor at pfaster fps also dont forget your 400$ cpu, 300$ mobo, 600$ram, 500$ ssd raid and your custom loop for 800$ only to play dota at 4k and 60fps how sad and fat are you?

Using your gamer rig as your workstation, what a poorfag are you?

>proud of being a valve cocksucker
I bet you celebrate the steam sales too

the steam link is fine for me
I can play street fighter v with no problems on it
I do have problems with 2 people playing rocket league on it
it's great for showing movies and music on

Yeah the steam link only costs like $25* and it was on sale for $4*!
*requires 2000 PC due to inflated graphics card prices

Cool, what games do you play user?

I just have a second, less-powerful PC hooked up directly to my TV because I'm not a poorfag. Works great for any local multiplayer games I want to play, and if I'm not playing multiplayer I'd rather sit at my computer desk anyway because I have a comfy chair I enjoy sitting in.

Can I stream emulators to my tv with this.

Works on my machine: the thread

You know that you can pass the cables into the wall right poorfag faggot

He spent all the money he had left on the steam link and the expensive router.
He cant buy a drill

yes but you'll have to configure the controller through the emulator somehow

latency sucks ass on this thing

So you cant use the usb ports for an xbox controller.

>connect xbox controller
>right stick doesnt work
GREAT

I don't edit video nor produce music anymore(used to, now I just play guitar), I literally have zero use for a powerfull computer anymore.

Ps4 is the cheapest way for me to enjoy games. It cost me under 400€ for 1tb one with two controllers.

>have to find a way to run Ethernet connection to the living room
Rather just sit in the office eith the PC anyway

you can, but if you're playing an emulator out of steam you will have to set up the emulator to recognize the buttons on the controller that is plugged into the steam link
you can set it up to work but it will just take some work

I mean... I'm glad I have it and I'll most likely use it again for something in the future. Have nothing that suits it right now though. Was great for slogging through BotW though.

video game streaming has never worked well from my experience.