Path of Exile - Bestiary

ITT: We rant and rave about the new Path of Exile 3.2.0: Bestiary League Patch Notes

>pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093500

Also, what build are you going to to use to start this league?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPyyo8_Ndyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People still play this?
Is it still good or did it get borked while I was dead?

New League starts this tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=zPyyo8_Ndyo

Good:
>Bestcrafting looks like an interesting mechanic
>Some of the Ascendancies got a well-needed overhaul
>Finally a good Unique Mace that isn't Marohi or Tidebreaker
Bad:
>Half of the fucking Ascendancies are a better generic caster than Elementalist cause they left her with a billion retarded nodes and 3 good ones (for Golemancer)
>Unique weapons are still better than 99.9% of Rares cause lmao guaranteed stats that have high base damage for easy leveling and only need to be replaced when you get a better Unique or a really, really good end-game Rare
>Getting a Rare that is better than a Unique weapon-wise requires an inhuman amount of currency and grinding (for Elreon 8 if you take the Mastercraft route)
>Getting the materials for Beastcrafting is going to be a massive fucking bore of
>Find Rare or better Beast
>Smack it for a while if low damage build, then throw net
>Throw net, then smack it quickly with high damage build
>Lol, has a chance to break
>Lol, 10 tiers of Net
>Lol, consumable Net
>Lol, balancing the game around trading
Build:
Storm Call Assassin. If that flops, I'll make a Spooky Shield Toss Gladiator or a Earthquake/Tectonic Strike Juggernaut.

Does this game still not have a proper fucking auction house?

It's good and fucked at the same time for various reasons.
Correct and it probably never will.

would it kill them to change the passive tree even a tiny bit?

Yep, devs are retards. Dropped this shit long ago and I still check from time to time to see if they added an AH.
They will probably never make one even though poe.trade essentially behaves like (a really bad) one.

>Path of Grinding

No, thanks. Call me when the devs start balancing based on normal gameplay, not turbo-autists and trading.

Why are the developers so retarded?

I remember they were so against adding loot distribution to the game because competitive looting was "Fun".

Scion can use bone offering

I remember that retard of a lead developer saying that adding an auction house to the game would allow the players to trivialize its contents by making it too easy.
In a few words he is an inbred retard.

Some of the devs also said they've designed the game around you actually going to alt+f4 at times.

I want to do something with Gladiator, but the more I look at it, the more I hate the changes.

Spectral shield throw. It's got high base phys, so I figure I'll try and scale bleed, even though bleed is still most likely trash. The one node that got buffed would be fun to play around with.
>Violent retaliation: 4% max block and 8% phys damage for each hit blocked in the past 10 seconds
There's my scaling. Only problem is the "buff"(nerf) to blood in the eyes. Used to be 6% reduced damage taken from bleeding enemies, which was great. Reductions to elemental damage were hard to come by. Now it's fucking blind chance against bleeding enemies, which fucks up violent retaliation since if you evade a hit, you can't block it since evasion takes priority. If I want to avoid that, I'm forced into unwavering stance, which is an extra passive investment plus I get no defensive benefit from the node. Just unnecessary bleed chance and a little bit of damage.

I get it. "Blood in the eyes." Blind chance fits thematically, and the "maimed enemies take 10% increased phys" is there to compensate for outmatch and outlast being killed by the position switch of gratuitous violence, but it kills me to see 2 absolutely opposed mechanics forced into one ascendancy class.

You still get increased chance to evade crits with blind even if you have unwavering stance, wich is what you mainly want from blind anyway.

That's absolute bullshit. You're not wrong as I remember that being said as well, but the drop rates are 100% balanced around player interaction and trading based simply off how miserable the solo self found experience is. Sure, if drop rates were balanced around solo play, they'd have a leg to stand on in the argument against an auction house. The market would be flooded with top tier items, but the drop rates are sufficiently low enough to have a stable economy where trading is allowed, so there's no argument against an auction house other than the stubborn asshole refuses to get off his high horse.

>how miserable the solo self found experience is.
this seems weird. if solo self found was actually rewarding wouldn't soloers actually buy tabs and cosmetics stuff to put on the nice items they find instead of saying fuck this i'm gonna play something else?

No, unwavering stance clearly states "You cannot evade enemy attacks." It's been tested. It even takes away the default minimum 5% chance to evade. In the build I'm theorizing, I don't want to evade at all since evasion is checked before block. In the build, every hit I block would grant 8% increased physical damage for ten seconds. Say I block 100 hits, that's 800% damage. But if every enemy is blinded, that will effectively give me between 30 and 40% evade chance even with no investment in the actual evasion stat. So of those 100 hits, I evade 40 and block 60 so now my increased physical damage is cut to 480%, which is fairly significant. Yes it would make me more defensive is I left it as is, but I'd rather have a flat 6% reduction in damage I do take(as was the previous iteration of the node) rather than another random chance to avoid damage all together which ultimately only cuts my damage.

"Now let's see how hard they nerfed the slaye-"

No what I mean that even if you have unwavering stance, you can still critically evade, wich causes crits to deal no bonus crit damage. Accuracy to evasion checks on crit confirmation are not affected by unwavering stance. It's retarded but check how that shit is calculated.

I'm sorry for your loss

Seems like it. SSF is basically a dick measuring contest. There's no reason to play it other than to say you did and ultimately worsen your experience with the game. There's no need to by any account features, but the same problem with cosmetics exists there as everywhere else. That being the default models for literally every base item are shit. That's why they've gotta keep Inquisitor OP or else no one would play his pantsless ass.

this is gonna be a shit league, new mechanic looks way too tedious to be fun, they didnt buff any fucking trash skills, ascendancy buffs just change what class you are with the same skills youve used the past 2 league, trash. hopefully next league is better

poekemon

Ascendancy changes are all well and good, but pokemon league looks crap.

HE's right we already have one and it makes the game trivial.

BUFF FUCKING ICE SPEAR GOD FUCKING DAMNIT CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>assassin buffed like there's no tomorrow

I'm trying to find out if it's confirmed anywhere. It makes sense. "You cannot evade enemy attacks," but it says nothing about the evasion check for crits. If so, a bit of crit avoidance is...something, but I'd still just rather have the 6% reduced damage.

Finally - a challenge helmet that doesn't look like complete shit.

>based simply off how miserable the solo self found experience is.
Its not that bad, first character is a safe hoarder build, second is built depending on what you find. So far I've got SSF Tabula Rasa relatively quickly at the beginning of each league. Only problem is sustaining red maps sucks and they slowed leveling because speed clearers using trade and getting gear from farmer bots made the game too easy for themselves.The game should be balanced with coop-self-found in mind, not with trading in mind and the game would be lot better. Make trading easier and only available in Standard League and it would solve a lot of problems. Let the players of Easy mode enjoy their chaos farming and bots playing the game for them. Just call it "easy" or "baby" difficulty like it is.

>new mechanic looks way too tedious to be fun,
Depends what rewards it gives. If it makes map modding easier and more consistent then I'll gladly farm beasts.

With unwavering stance blind acts as a way to negate crits, wich is a pretty good deal when you also invest in block. This is so that evasion/blind isn't completely useless against hits that can't miss (crits), and accuracy isn't completely irrelevant for the reverse.
This also makes it so that iron reflexes is a completely retarded and horrible node, because it causes you to get assraped by crits.

Play inquisitor, get the 300% crit chance helm enchantment and you're basically capped with a diamond flask and no other investment. Then invest everything into multi and...it's still a shitty skill.

I went for the Oni-goroshi meme last league. It was fine farming one and the character's still alive, but I always feel like I could be doing better things in the trade leagues. But then the trade leagues feel pointless, like I'm not working toward everything an have no direction...

You know, you've actually made me feel better about the build. Thank you. It's not as bad as I thought. I'll go kaom's roots to save some passive points/get more life and rely on whirling blades to get me around.

I'm oro or terminus flicker, which ascendancy is now the best for it?

>supporting this trash after the lead dude lies constantly

I already did all the supporting years ago. Now I'm only leeching off their servers.

SSF is great because you get to play something other than doomfletch mf builds.

Maybe trickster. No mana cost, lots of sustain with patient reaper, possibility for power charge generation plus some ghost dance shenanigans. Could be good. Pathfinder's always been good for Oro's because flasks are good and 20% ignite chance if you're non-crit. Although, assassin could be the best choice for term flicker. Easy crit capping and several different routes you could take. Poison could be great with the "poison duration per poison applied recently."

I've never played with a doomfletch and the closest thing I've come to "magic find" is when a bisco's drops randomly and the vaal orb doesn't kill it.

>Although, assassin could be the best choice
I've been there. Flicker is already a borderline suicidal glass cannon skill by itself, getting an ascendancy that's 100% offensive just makes you die over and over in maps.

is EC skeleton, zombies, raging spirit necromancer viable for mapping? It's not autism tier but it's fun

>build are you going to to use to start this league?
either some kind of saboteur because I've never done traps/mines before or jugg with new gem

Don't ignore spectres when you're going full summoner. But yeah, it's viable although not the fastest. CWDT+desecrate+bone offering is your friend when you take the passive that makes offerings affect you.

The idea is that your offense comes almost entirely from the ascendancy so you can forsake some of the more traditional offensive options in favor of defense. And Assassin got some pretty neat defensive buffs. Toxic delivery getting .5% of maximum life recovered per poison affecting enemies you kill will keep you topped off while mapping. Opportunistic, though, seems unreliable.

Magma orb deadeye for 20% more speed and 50% more damage for a whopping 1.8 times multiplier.

isn't faster proj kinda shitty for bosses?
You get like one bounce that hits the boss that way

More speed as in cast speed, not projectile speed.

Assassin is now borderline immortal. Read the new tree faggot.

Oh shit, I just realized that with up to +2% extra crit chance from poisons, terminus assassin could actually cap crit chance with marylene's fallacy.

>balancing multiplayer grindfest around multiplayer grindfest
>bad
If anything PoE has 2nd best economy system in any game i played EvE takes the crown
AH whould be shit i would rather see something alike to shops inside of players hideouts player would set up his shop old korean mmo style, becouse selling/buying maps is shit chinise version of PoE has AH if i remember correct.

Yee. Assasin's pretty good now. 4% total is more than most attack builds got from pre-nerf deadly infusion. It was only the spell casters and herald bombers who exceeded 8 power charges. It'd probably be worth looking into.

ah, my bad

slayer sunder, maybe molten strike later if i can put my hand on xoph blood and brutus lead sprinkler

Least hype for a league ever but the ascendancy changes are nice

Hopefully next major patch or expansion or whatever does the same to the Masters, that shit is boring as fuck anymore

not really, a poor man's breach but with 'crazy' jewels

Can I do endgame bosses with burning flying skeleton heads? I'm assuming negromancer is best for it

better than this league

Add OP belts to the description.

I'm skipping a league for the first time in years

I had fun with trypanon and flat ele jewels in it

Do you like elemental based attack builds? Cuz those were a thing. Do you like the same, " stand here and monsters swarm you" mechanic they've been recycling? Do you like abysmal spawn rates on the league's key boss because of a bug they couldn't be bothered to fix and didn't buff the rate to compensate until the league was already dead? Did you want another overpowered meme helmet that's getting buffed because it was too strong because of logic? Abyss league was pretty stupid, but some of the abyss monsters could hit you like a truck, especially when multiple rare aura's stacked up. Those monsters were implemented with the current state of power creep factored in and makes me wish that level of difficulty was in the core game, however, I know a lot of the difficulty came from those heavy hits being harder to read and requiring faster reactions than similar hits in the past. It forces you into situations where mechanically dodging isn't feasible, which in my mind takes away another layer of skill and replaces it with an even steeper gear grind.

Are you talking guardians endgame or are you talking uber elder endgame? I would guess they would work for either. They've always been strong. Necromancer, though, with mistress of sacrifice cut in half, that's half your defense and sustain gone. Might be worth looking into a character with better defensive options. I remember a while back someone made a SRS build based around mines, and with the buffs to saboteur, it could be good.

Cyclone Ascendant, assuming that they haven't done anything to the leech parts of the Slayer and Trickster nodes.

>Spirit Eater has been removed and replaced by Bone Sculptor, which causes your Skeletons to deal 40% increased Damage. It also grants 100% increased Skeleton Movement Speed, +2 to Maximum number of Skeletons, causes you to summon 2 additional Skeleton Warriors with Summon Skeleton, and causes your Skeletons' hits to not be Evaded.

Mr Skeletal build is go!

Don't count on it. It is going to get completely nerfed.

are they refunding ascendancy points with all these changes?

Every update with tree changes gives you full respec. But that's only for standard, so who cares.

>ugly as fuck graphics
>shitty animations

what's the point

From bird's eye you mongoloid.

I think it can look pretty gud sometimes

Pic not related

Name me some builds that are not top tier but would be good enough to beat the game.

Almost any aoe skill and single target skill that vaguely synergize with each other on any character

I want to give this game another try, but looking at the passive skilltree is nauseating.

Pretty much anything. Pick a skill that does damage and it'll be good enough to beat act 10.

Just use guides. People have already figured out near optimal builds for every reasonable gimmick you can think of.

It's not that complicated. Go to the life nodes and pick up damage nodes for the kind of skill that you're using which are in the general area

>using guides for the first time playing
Metanonces to the gallows.

>they didn't give trap saboteur any increased trap radius
>or trap throwing speed
>chain reaction is still fucking worthless and cluster trap can still outright miss bosses
>but sabo is too good to pass up for a trapper just because it had so much cooldown reduction thrown at it
I am actually fucking furious at the treatment sabo got

>I don't want to have to make my own build
>I don't want to have my build made for me
Which one is it, dumbposter?

haha yea its so fun playing for the first time and getting stuck in yellow maps and being forced to make a completely new character, fuck off nigger

i am not comfortable supporting any game where a large shareholder is an rmter

so dont buy anything retard

sorry but network effects create financial value
my very presence would contribute to the financial success of an rmter, and reward him for ruining video games

rmter?

speak english tard

No one cares about you Standard faggots.

>he doesn't know

Not that user but I guess real money trader?
You know like those chinese who try to sell you gold in World of Warcraft.

haven't played the game for like 6 months, what's looking like the most op build for the new league?

Elemental Hit Deadeye

Can I play as a rightious paladin and smite mother fuckers in this game?

speaking of diablo games, bogpill me on median xl or median xxx or median x gon give it to ya or whatever the fuck they call it these days
Is it good?

spectres again

No. Go away.

Yes but don't expect to get anywhere because GGG hates proper melee builds and fun.

Will this game ever be finished? I played when there were only like 4 chapters kek

f2p games are only finished when people stop buying mtx

So it's ranged builds or bust eh? What about summon based builds? Are they a thing?

So the devs started this game because they were tired of ARPG developers being bullshit, so they became the bullshit themself

>game based around and balanced around trading
>have one of the most fucked in the head economies and trading system
Thanks but i'm gonna pass.

Select few melee skills work, like molten strike. And I mean "melee" melee, not stuff like sunder or blade flurry.

are there any "tanks" buils available? i always like to tank and shiet.