Do any of you have bipolar disorder?

Do any of you have bipolar disorder?

yes I do

maybe

Yes. I mean, no.

it's all in your head

I'm gonna do a bump of maybe ketamine i found on the sidewalk and then i'll tell you

Get the fuck off v scum.

Of course. Not at all.

is this the fake mental illness thread? i bet you believe depression is real too lol

No but I have depression and anxiety and over the past year or so I've developed some batshit paranoia. My sister has borderline personality disorder so I'm probably fucked.

Yes I do. I'm currently having a manic episode

No but my personality is so bland and my IQ is so low that I love to think I do.

I love that video game!

There might be salvation for you. But please put your sister down for the sake of humanity and whoever has to go through dating her some day.

Do you take Lithium or anything to stabilize your mood? If not, get on that ASAP because it’s not going to get better by itself unfortunately.

I SEE YOU

Yes.

My ex did. I still have nightmares.

Yes.

Nevermind, i don't.

No, but the few people I let close to me think I do because the majority of the time I pretend to be happy but sometimes I just get tired of trying.

If any of you have girlfriends with confirmed mental illnesses, just remember you are dating a time bomb. And when it ends, you'll realize just how much time you wasted genuinely trying to help someone who was never gonna get better.

this

Nah but depression is a bitch. Hang in there bros

I used to, but alcohol fixed it.

yes but undiagnosed

The more alcohol you drink, the faster you'll solve a problem for all of us.

Yep. 1500mg Depakote qHS for mood swings. Also happen to be a psych nurse.
What's the problem?

Yeah I'm sure it's totally a real issue then.

you do realize thats why people go to psychiatrists in the first place - they feel theres something off about them

You are diagnosed bipolar taking medication for it and work as a Nurse? Do you not see the potential issue here?

Just because someone's afraid of going to the doc and talking about it doesn't mean they don't have it.

Great. Then do that. Just because you have a feeling something is off with you is not enough to self-diagnose as bipolar of all things.

i have all the symptoms though and thats more than enough for me

>I'm manic!
>clear enough to post on Chinese Meth Snorting board

Nigger you're hypomanic.

I've got no diagnosis but clearly some form of issues, I've been on meds and seeing a shrink for 5 years. Also have had addiction problems like with alchohol.

I think there's something wack on my mother's side of things, she's an extremely anxious person; my aunt is paranoid as fuck and think my mom tried to trick her out of her inheritance, my uncle drank and ate himself to death. My sister tries to jump out of windows when she sleepwalks and everyday I myself wake up half the matress is on the floor.

Exactly, if we go by symptoms, most people here fit in so many diseases and health problems it's not even funny. Everyone has mood swings at times, everyone feels sad at days. Everyone gets depressed or heartbroken sometimes.

Sorry for being a bit aggressive about this but I genuinely dislike people self-diagnosing like this. You don't even know if you really have some sorta mental disorder but you've already convinced yourself that you do, and a pretty serious one. How are you gonna get better if you don't even wanna see a doctor for it?

>my uncle drunk and ate himself to death
wait, what? your uncle was a cannibal?

yeah got diagnosed yesterday

Legit question:

Have mental illnesses skyrocketed in recent times or has it always been this way and not talked about enough? I know it always was and still is kinda taboo to talk about things like this, but I can't help but feel almost half of everyone I see has some sort of deep seated issues and are just waiting to shoot some people some day, if not worse.

>omfg why aren't you a complete failure of a person for having a disability
>I know nothing about mental illness and how it's dealt with
I'm quite good at what I do, stable and reliable, I have one of the lowest restraint and seclusion rates on my license in my state, and I speak the patients' language. Where others force medicate, I play Uno until homie is chill. Meanwhile my 'stable' female charge nurse in menopause is screaming at the bulimic to stop puking in the toilet.

You normies are honestly disgusting in your treatment of us.

>everyone gets depressed sometimes
wrong, you don't get "depressed sometimes"

>Sorry for being a bit aggressive about this but I genuinely dislike people self-diagnosing like this. You don't even know if you really have some sorta mental disorder but you've already convinced yourself that you do, and a pretty serious one. How are you gonna get better if you don't even wanna see a doctor for it?
have you ever imagined some people are so anxious they dont wanna go to one, or cant afford a doctor? the reason youre so patronizing to people who 'self-diagnose' is because youre a bitter normalfag who just shit on people at any chance you get

I'm confirmed autistic but chances are I have some kind of BPD related disorder, if not schizophrenia.
I shouldn't have done acid in college.

I'll wait until the day that you have a manic episode and endanger the life of one of your patients.

No, he had a cardiac arrest when he was 60.

There is a marked increase in reported cases yes, but there are also more people and more understanding of multiple brain issues. But to pretend that mental illness simply did not exist in the past is nonsensical. It was only more unacceptable to talk about.

Both. Later birth rates = higher incidence. Probably shit we dump in the water. Social degradation hasn't helped.
My grandpa, however, dealt with his psychotic sister by building a house for her to be locked up in and kept away from everyone.

Bit of both. Talking about mental illness is just NOW becoming more acceptable to talk about and be open with. Lots of people were very adamant on keeping that shit quiet

I think what he meant was in the sense of bad eating habits getting back at him.

Go to Tumblr tell your like-minded friends about all the mental issues you totally have that have never been confirmed by anyone and use that to shelter yourself in not improving because "you just have a really big disability".

nah but I got OCD

>he said, as the suicides rate all over the world skyrocket
great job user! do you at least feel better about yourself?

You are still right here. Posting. You may have thought about it many times in your life but you haven't killed yourself. I do believe you can improve, but I also don't see how being so convinced you have a huge disability because you read the symptoms online will help.

>tfw not diagnosed but have legitimate obsessive compulsive tendencies and habits that cause me great distress
I'm not just a tumblr snowflake faggot am I?

Nah you're just anxiety prone.

>Have mental illnesses skyrocketed in recent times or has it always been this way and not talked about enough?

Modern society is a lot more complex than it used to be.

Had autism in the 19'th century? Probably not a huge deal if you were a simple farmer anyway. Today society is way more complicated though, it's not about surviving but rather performing; things were harsher back in the day but also way simplier. That's the crux really.

post your high scores

>he said, as some other poor chink jumped out the window because he's been told all his life that his illnesses are fake
how's that feel, user? feels good holding absolutely no accountability over your actions, doesnt it?

Idiot wants to run his face like he knows anything.
>what are front line anti epileptics
>what are secondary anti psychotics
>what are Benadryl, Atarax and Benzos and how are they used
>what is cyclothymia
>what is hypomania
>what is Bipolar NOS
>what are psychotic features
>what is the difference between type 1 and type 2
>what is the relationship between Bipolar disorder and Epilepsy

This is why you normies disgust me. Your processing capacity is literally Tumblr tier.

Not necessarily. You can have obsessive compulsive tendencies without being full blown into it. Like maybe you get really annoyed at some things but not to the point where it actually cripples your general lifestyle.

link?

no that's not Link

>Cave in and go to psychiatrist at age 18
>Public healthcare psychiatrist
>Get diagnosed with PTSD
>Want to look for more stuff since that probably isn't all
>"No you have to treat the PTSD first"
>Tell him that I dont think Cognetive Behavioral Therapy is actually what I need
>"Those are your options! We also cannot offer anymore meetings so you have someone to talk to, good luck with your depression and Post-Traumatic Stress and possibly even more things!"

>Get private doctor
>Go there December after putting up with public healthcare for 3 months without help
>Doctor actually curses out public healthcare and tells me he is sorry I had to get an expensive private doctor
>"We're gonna look deeper into ADHD and Borderline, cause its probably at least one of those too."
>Ask him about the side-effects from the antidepressants
>"We're gonna collect a few samples, make sure it isn't anything serious"
>Seeing a doctor and getting help took 2 weeks.
>Its expensive, but at least I get the actual help I need.

America, whatever you do, never give in to the "free healthcare" bullshit.
Its actually fucking scary to get sick here.

Yeah haven’t slept all night. Tried playing vidya but ended up in constant rage mode instead

I'm not saying it's all fake. I'm saying yours is unconfirmed and it does you no good to look up some symptoms and assume you have it. I'm sure a lot of us could say we have many problems based off of the symptoms.

I also agree that suicide rates are pretty high and there does seem to be an upward trend to society as a whole going a little off the rails recently, but believe me when I say I don't mean any harm to you, much on the contrary, that's why I'm saying you should probably reevaluate this whole "feeling like you are bipolar" thing.

Basically this. Shit like BPD, autism, OCD and such usually are personality types everyone has, it's just a disorder when it becomes debilitating to your life, i.e. "I can't go outside unless manage to open the door to exactly a 90 degree angle in one swing."

No, I have Borderline Personality Disorder instead.

Exactly. Mostly everyone gets anxious and a little scared when they have to speak in public, do a presentation, meet new people, get into new situations. These are all emotions we all experience.

But if any of these things get so bad to the point where you cannot live life normally anymore and you are missing out on a lot of things you want to do, then it's an issue.

I self diagnosed having aspergers, clinical depression, social anxiety and autism
Yeah and I guess I have this disorder as well, why am I so different from people around me man

What, he's gonna drink drive and run your stupid ass over when he races down the sidewalk?

>be fairly normal person
>do acid and shrooms often as a younger person
>unlock a previously dormant BPD that I didn't even know I had

Shit.

What's it like in that head of yours? Is it a constant game of power and manipulation?

As a 31 year old NEET I'm sure I have something, just not sure if it's bipolar or autism or aspergers or what.

Maybe I'm just a manchild, but my friends are manchildren with jobs and they don't live with their parents still, so I actually feel like a way worse person than them.

AKA I'm a manchild who refuses to grow up but I'll call that a disorder and make everyone around me miserable for the rest of my life?

I'll admit that was pretty good. You know exactly what I meant though.

Can someone recommend some games that will chill me the fuck out when I’m like this, or is easy to play when severely depressed and can’t enjoy anything

I wouldn't call it crippling but it really does fuck with me cause I know the habits are stupid and waste time but I can't help doing them constantly and it makes me hate myself on a regular basis cause I feel like I have no willpower to overcome them
it's a whole bunch of little things that add up enough to make me feel like I'm losing my fucking mind, the worst part is every now and then I manage to stop doing them for a while but then they just slowly creep back and when I try to stop doing them again it fills my mind until I can't take it anymore and give in

it's like I have constant mental itches that will never stop existing no matter how much I scratch, like I said I've never been diagnosed but it sure seems like it fits the bill of a legitimate disorder to me