What the fuck were they thinking? Is this the best thing they could come up with?

What the fuck were they thinking? Is this the best thing they could come up with?

Its better than Luigi deserves.

it's fun though

feels like you're evaluating it as something it's not trying to be. it's just a decent little mode to grind coins in.

can confirm. fun as fuck

Asynchronous multiplayer hide-and-seek is a great idea for a game like Odyssey, but the execution sucks.

>feels like you're evaluating it as something it's not trying to be.
Are you implying Nintendo was aiming for mediocrity?

It's not mediocre though.

>it's been out a week and nobody plays your balloons anymore
JUST

quickly now, lads

I actually thought it was going to be the level being littered with other people's balloons, and you have like two or three minutes to run around and pop as many as you can. Instead you have a few seconds to find one balloon and the arrow doesn't seem to help if it's higher or lower than you, so if you're on the track you're just plain fucked. Plus the payout is absolutely pathetic compared to just grinding for coins in that cloud section of Bowser's Castle.

You'd think if they introduced a rewards mini game in the same update as hugely overpriced costumes, they would compliment each other and you could play the game to get coins to buy them. Balloon World isn't really fun or meaningfully rewarding. It's like they just wanted to shoehorn Luigi in somehow.

>It's not mediocre though.
>it's just a decent little mode to grind coins in.
mediocre = decent

is it an actual new world or just the option to play as luigi
and how much does it cost?

>is it an actual new world
it's a minigame
>just the option to play as luigi
no
>and how much does it cost?
it's free

Nigga you suck at balloons becasue you can max out your coins in about 2 hours with it

Now go away shitposter who dosen't even own the game

>Plus the payout is absolutely pathetic compared to just grinding for coins in that cloud section of Bowser's Castle.
Wrong.

>Nigga you suck at balloons
Of course, how else am I gonna get high off helium

rank 50 reward is that luigis balloons turn gold

why the fuck, come on Nintendo, god damn it

>you can max out your coins in about two hours
You can max out your coins in about 20 minutes with bonus coins in the right kingdom.

I've got a question to Odyssey pros: The other day, I finally found all 880 moons that you can get and then went on to beat the new version of the final fight against Bowser. I skipped the outro and it seems as if I didn't get any additional reward for beating him again. Don't you get anything special for it like a new title screen or whatever?

>Next DLC will be on Easter and adds Yoshi's egg hunt

No you get some special screen for having 999 moons.
That's 119 you need to buy from shops.
Pretty gay.

>people can hide a balloon in a wall
>but I can't hide one in midair

I don't know what you're on about. This is unironically really fun.

This, but unironically. When I was on a roll with the balloons and got from ~1200 to 9999 within like half an hour while having actual fun unlike in Bowser's stage, I was so furious that I already bought every costume from the store. They need to release way more buyable shit. I don't care if it's costumes or what.

It´s a fucking free minigame DLC!! People here are bitching about it?!

Welcome to nu-Sup Forums

More fun than grinding for coins anywhere else for hours

Its pretty good fun and - get this - fucking FREE. Nintendo didn't have to do anything. Stop fucking complaining you shitter.

Why did they even bother to add a more difficult version of the final fight for? I don't know if I'll get the additional moons. Seems kind of boring, desu.

Yeah fuck Nintendo for adding enough post-game content they could have made an entire new game out of it.

Yesterday I was thinking how much better this mode would be if you could set multiple balloons, like three, and players would have to get them successively. It would add so much more dimension and diversity to the Hiding-aspect as you force other players to go certain routes, because there are just so many places you can hide a single balloon before it gets too easy. There would be countless more options if players didn't just have to go straight to one balloon.

It would even fit with Luigi's character design, seeing as how he has 3 balloons.

>I haven't played the mode

He has one balloon in game, it is only 3 in the promo art

Also that would dilute the speed running aspects or make the shit unplayable when one of the three balloons you where hunting is in a wall.

His balloons change, he's had upto four in my game.

oh the irony of this post lmao

calling out somebody not playing the game and then revealing you haven't even played it yourself

he can get up to six baloons in game user

>make the shit unplayable when one of the three balloons you where hunting is in a wall.
How would it get into a wall when the other player has to get there themselves to set it? The finding players just have to do the same things the hiding player did.

Also, how would it "dilute" the speed running aspects?

Am I crazy or are a lot of the highest tier rewards hidden in impossible places? Mushroom Kingdom has a ton under the bridge in the wall in north wall.

Also, more general Odyssey question, now that I've beat the dark side and collected almost all the moons from the end-game boxes that show up, how do I fucking find the dozens of moons I'm missing? Wander aimlessly?

Hint bird, for starters.

I wasn't on Sup Forums when this was released. Have people been posting each others balloons to find in threads?

>already wasted hours grinding coins in bowser's stage to buy everything months ago
>play minigame for a tiny bit to buy the newest stuff, already maxed out coins again
now there's no point to playing it period, nearly every actually difficult balloon is fucking out of bounds
great

I've been wondering that myself, I think that's really all you have to do. Talkatoo doesn't help much either when the moons are just called "In the crevice" or whatever. I get that there's some super-obvious moons that you find by just walking the main routes during the first playthrough, but if you miss them, that's just extra annoying to come back to.

No not really.
Feel free to post yours though.

>how do I fucking find the dozens of moons I'm missing
Talk to the parrot. He'll tell you the name of up to three moons you haven't collected yet. If you can't find the moons through those hints, you can also pay the blue Toad close to the Odyssey a few coins in order to mark the location of a missing moon on your map. Again, you can get up to three hints per level at a time.

Pay Toad if you can't figure out the parrot's hint.

>how do I fucking find the dozens of moons I'm missing?

You play the game faggot.

Which kingdom is fastest to grind coins in?

Yes. For beating the bonus; harder fight against Bowser, you get a special postcard after the credits, thanking you for playing the game. Since you skipped the credits, you missed it.

Mario Odyssey rewards you for every milestone. For beating the main game you get Mushroom Kingdom. For getting all 880 moons you get the harder fight against Bowser. For beating that fight you get a postcard. For beating Darker Side, you get the invisibility cap. For beating all mission moons you get golden sails. For getting 999 moons you get a hat on Peach's castle and a special cutscene. Mario loves rewarding you, even if it's nothing major.

MK: 004 FY3 0P0

CK: 007 RHR 657

CasK: 008 562 HWD

SK: 003 VD9 D9D

WK: 004637 NMX

LK: 004 74H 4FV

LostK: 006 DGT 8PH

MetroK: 001 950 5G3

SnowK: 006 KDL NTH

SeaK: 005 PXM KLB

LunchK: 002 8F8 9Y3

BowsK: 006 2NF B9W

MoonK: 003 YB3 JF4

Gave it a try, it is pretty fun.

Except for the out of bounds niggers.

Cap. They're never hard to find.

From popping balloons? Cap kingdom most definitely.

>Since you skipped the credits, you missed it.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they didn't display the card after you skip the credits. I've watched them before, after all.

>15 in a row
What stage did you grind this in? I keep running into OOB shit or other weird placements.

Mushroom: 000 CX8 J01
Cap: 000 433 F6V
Cascade: 005 D80 5L5
Sand: 004 HWK B85
Wooded: 001 C6F KYG
Lake: 007 V1X 07P
Lost: 002 NPH MKB
Metro: 006 29V VKC
Seaside: 007 LK4 P4N
Snow: 007 J7J JMD
Luncheon: 004 6MJ 69M
Bowser: 007 9DV HLT
Moon: 003 F8Y M0J
I’ll try at least some of yours.

Probably cap kingdom. I got over a hundred in a row there. The same 5 hiding spots are used.

Cap. I made it to 50+ with balloons there.

Yeah this minigame would be GOAT if they just fixed that. Either patch the OoB glitches completely or make it so you can't place balloons there.

Cool, thanks. The mode is pretty fun (ignoring OOB trash), but trying to go for multiple simple ones in a row is tedious as fuck.

Got your Metro Balloon.

The mode is a lot more enjoyable once you get the 15 streak out of the way.

>Mini-game first starts
>All of my balloons get popped
>Hide more balloons
>Days later and they don't get popped

Getting all the stars is gonna take a long ass time.

Alright thank you!

Jesus the Bowser Kingdom one took like 30 tries. I'm stealing that spot.

This metro balloon kicked my ass.
I didn't win until 6th try when I used the cone to fling myself to it (accidentally).

>Mediocre = decent
no

Got your Bowser Kingdom

That and Moon are probably my best ones.

I thought I did only a decent job on hiding it. Good to know it was difficult for someone. I know I accidentally used the cone to get there, and decided it was good enough.

While you're there I should add fuck them for making nice cosmetics as a reward for collecting things. Such pointless additions.

Got your lost kingdom

>bowser kingdom balloon
This is the kinda shit that the Geneva Convention protects us from.
How the hell did you place it there THAT fast?

That's what mediocre means, retards use it exclusively as something negative though.

Ground pound roll off the railing, Cappy bounce, then tossing him repeatedly to break the crates. I didn't use Pokio at all.

Got all 3 Cascades.

snow: 006 6KY MGL
bowser: 001 585 5V9
pls try my shit balloons

Not him, but I know I put one there once. Don’t think I did it that fast, though. Might put it there again if mine gets popped.

I'm getting my ass raped

Mushroom: 005 D7F 2FD
Cap: 005 23F DH5
Metro: 004 HCX C7W
Bowser: 008 W9M 53P

Got your bowser one

Updated Lost Kingdom:
002 R51 674
Trying to see if this should be my new spot. Any takers?

It's a lot easier to get than before.

My friend popped two of mine but the game still says they're up, though it did show me their icon as attempting them. What's up, does it take time to refresh or something?

20 new hint arts boi, be nice or they'll cancel the new world DLC

Well, I can’t have that. It’s going back.

>Dumb wall clips that take 50 tries to execute but you need to get it first try to meet the time limit
>Fun

Okay

you can easily see if those are clipped balloons if you're familiar with how close/far it is and how much coins you'd earn if you picked it. just go for another balloon instead, fun continues

I really wish there was a test mode to check your spots, also having to go to each kingdom is complete bullshit.

>also having to go to each kingdom is complete bullshit.
You don't have to if you don't want to, unless you're complaining that Luigi won't warp you and make you go through the same loading time anyway.

I have to be in each kingdom for each code unless I'm missing something.

Ooga ooga booga where the balloon codes a-
Ah.

>Mushroom:
Another on top of the flower world boss tower balloon.

>Cap:
Got way too much time left over with that one. Try hiding it in the fog or something next time.

I enjoyed it at first but it got old real fast. All the balloons are either braindead easy or in the same handful of slightly-hard-to-reach spots. It needs a way to mix it up more, like choosing the start point and/or the option to place multiple balloons.

>new hint arts

what?

The Balloon World patch has placeholder images for 20 new Hint Art moons as well as 5-6 new sets of clothes.

>Metro:
Cheeky little balloon spot. Not bad.

>Bowser’s Weeaboo Extravaganza:
Appears someone else beat me to the punch there.

oh fuck they're going to make more

fuuuck

You don't even need to play it anymore after you've purchased everything in the shop. I've even gone back and maxed the shop moons in each kingdom to 99.

>and/or the option to place multiple balloons.
It's such a no-brainer, they have to add it.