youtube.com/watch?v=7Zxqj2gjigU
img.fireden.net/v/image/1518/46/1518465715188.webm
adult.contents.fc2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_Shit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

Cuphead is

Every video-game can be art.
But it doesn't mean their all good or beautiful.
Art doesn't mean shit.

Some day

No, thank God.

no

No, it isn't. It's just a product

This is very obviously false. Why do people say things like this? Do you even play video games?

It would explain why I don't feel guilty stealing it.

No, they're games.

Games can't be art.

80% of the games are completely dogshit with a lot of loot boxes, dlc and censored content, how supposedly a videogame can be art?

>It's just a product
Much like art post 1917.

Everything is art. Prove me wrong.

Is art art?

I'm not a virgin or anything, but I've yet to get a tit job. could some user tell me how that shit feels? it looks like it might actually be painful.

The stripper's tits i felt up were quite firm.

And a lot of art is just a bunch of shitty, amateur scribbles on sites like DeviantArt and tumblr. The best ones stand out above all the shitty ones

At least art is not cropped

source????

Except when it is.

Fake tits probably, every pair of tits I felt were crazy squishy

not probably definitely, thats what i meant.

Yeh but your favourite video game isn't

There are people who get aroused by this.

I make art inside toilet everyday.

TK17

Take a picture of it, put a frame around it and chances are it's art.

Jokes on you, I get aroused by more or less everything

>Are video games art?
yes, but are they good art?

Yes. Whether an individual game is worthwhile/good art is, however, both to be determined and up to the individual's discernment.

>Good art on DeviantArt and Tumblr
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Take a picture of it
If you were a real artist you'd be preserving them in jars.

My nigga

>literally 3DPD

only flash games are art. They are on the brink of going extinct

my peanus weanus says yes :)

No. It's a piece of software.

to understand why videogames will NEVER be considered art, you have to understand a little about the art world, watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Zxqj2gjigU

summary: common-as-fuck truck driver finds a painting done by a famous artist, has forensic proof that it was painted by said artist, yet no art critics will admit its real purely because it was found by a commoner, the excuses they make are pathetic

the art world will NEVER find something as trashy as videogames to be art

My point was not that there is good art on those sites. My point is that there's a lot of shit everywhere but there are prime examples of art. If we're still using the website comparison, an artist's blog or portfolio on their website

s-source?

a deal's a deal user

Not at all

img.fireden.net/v/image/1518/46/1518465715188.webm

No. But a videogame's art-style can be considered art if people put enough work into it.

> (((the art world))j

If you can get people to believe it's art, it's art.

dude... wut

WHAT
/d/ WASN'T LIE?
YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT??

Man, the first goal for a company is sell its product, no matter what, a game can be the biggest piece of shit but if people buy it, it's wonderful (e.g call of duty)

It's fake retard.

exactly, its fucking bullshit, what is considered to be art is controlled by a select few rich cunts

how so?

adult.contents.fc2 . com/article_search.php?id=699535

Some people do legitimately develop games because they have a passion to show the world their vision and idea of a game they loved so much that they brought it to life. Selling it is a byproduct of the vision, much like subjectively impressive art sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you're good at something, you would benefit from attempting to profit off of it. And those who do not wish to profit off of their passion release games as free just to share with the world. A game can be subjective shit and be popular, much like a piece of art can as well

video games

Game?

Stahhhhhp! Faggots mods are coming!

You might know if you spent any amount of time there

READ THE THREAD

Actually, even if you can get people to talk about whether it IS art, then it's art.

>Some
Videogames industry is different, things don't work with good feelings or passion, that's bullshit. If you have a good idea and you can sell it is enough

>Art is controlled by the rich
Ever been to a first friday outside of Manhattan?
Yeah the rich rub the riches back but that doesn't define art. In the same way Fugazi was genre defining yet they received little to no recognition through most of their career and are still broke. Same shit with "art" in the traditional sculpture/painting way. Just because they're not getting paid $2kk for shit on a canvas doesn't mean they're not artists.

You know that almost all davinci's works where comisions of italian nobles?

He do what they pay.

I don't see how it is different than another accepted form of art like Music

until it's posted on faceberg

>Videogames industry is different, things don't work with good feelings or passion, that's bullshit
What sounds like bullshit is a blanket statement like this.

Popular music is not 100% of the music industry, music is part of the culture

See

Shitty art is still art.

it's not you libcuck

This is art.

I'm looking for this artist, do you know who is he?

Video games have culture as well. Lovingly cared for games with fleshed out universes, characters, and narratives. You have the skin deep media, like Call Of Duty/Pop Music, and then you have the fanatic tier shit like most games Sup Forums "likes"/most shit Sup Forums likes. If you judge anything by it's shittiest component, it'll all look shitty

Why the hell doesn't my modded TK17 ever look like this

low test faggot

Nice argument you literal shitposter.

This has paid hook5 with a lot of custom skins and textures

>everything is art is an argument
literally drown yourself

What ga-
>The_Klub

Yeah, that statistic which was in no way pulled from his ass was the most convincing part of his argument

Music represents people's culture and is part of them. e.g music in Africa, Europe and America is different, because people and culture is different. Videogames Don't do that

>here's a strawman and a kys
noice.

Video games are just toys for children

Why would you willing allow people you detest to define what art is and isn't?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_Shit

Music has also been around a hell of a lot longer. You know what also informs others of culture? Literature. Stories. You know what video games are? A flashy vessel for a narrative or story. Are medieval joke books important culture? No, they aren't, much like some video games aren't. There are, however notable examples of excellent writing and storytelling in video games. The only thing that prevents old pretentious fucks from branding it art is that they don't understand the medium in which the narrative is delivered and thus discard it because it isn't "traditional". Plenty of art is about breaking tradition.

is not true?

They're not art, they're art galleries.

Products can be art, works of art can sell for large sums of money.

See

I agree, I know that video games combine different types of arts such as music, writing, programming, etc. But the main objective for a videogame is to be an art?
A way to express something?

according to the smithsonian? Yes.

Are they playing a pannenkoek video?

Big Boobies :D

Can a video game be art? Yes. Are videogames, broadly speaking, art?

Fuck no, man. You've got to be retarded to think otherwise. Most games aren't made to tell something or make a point, they are just there to entertain.

oh

>waaaahh why does my game look bad waaah what did I do wrong waaaahhhhh

>art needs to make a point

Wrong

I suppose video games are such an expansive medium for creative expression that not all games could be art. Sort of a "Not all video games are art but art can include some video games." Some people might say art is "A piece of work that defined a generation/culture and that influenced many works after it," in which case you could call games like Half-Life art, for being the first large-scale story driven FPS, or Halo art for giving birth to many FPS conventions we still see today. Like all art, it's all subjective, right down to the definition of art itself.