Does anybody play this? It's like Quake and System Shock had a baby

Does anybody play this? It's like Quake and System Shock had a baby.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P6ez9-fGdS0
youtube.com/watch?v=EbUZ-KEqSIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Until fairly recently it was a broken mess stuck on an outdated version of Source.

Yeah it broke more than once and you had to do some workarounds to be able to connect to servers, but it's working fine now and has been updated to a newer version of Source. There's a decent amount of activity on a server every day now even though it was dead for quite a while.

never even heard of it until now

I wish thereā€˜s a game solely based on the hacking prospective of dystopia. I can care less about the fps part but man, the hacking part is FFFUUUNNNN

It's unironically the dark souls of arena shooters

It's not solely based on the hacking but you can tell the obvious influence from the first System Shock. There's even an achievement called "I am Shodan" you get for doing enough damage in cyberspace.

It had a bug that kicked you when you tried to join a server after an update a few years back, kind of killed the community, but it's working great now. Seems like some newer players have been trying it out lately.

If you can deal with the learning curve, you might end up liking it a lot. I know some people were saying that they didn't like the way Quake Champions added classes with abilities and restricted types of movement. This game has classes but they're more customizable with a few minor restrictions for each, and everyone can bunnyhop in the same way. I think Dystopia would be a good game to try if you're one of those people.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6ez9-fGdS0

This trailer is over 10 years old so it's in a lower resolution but you can still get a taste of how hacking in cyberspace works and the gunplay.

I was shilling this for the dead System Shock remake.

If they wanted to modernize the cyberspace component of that game without axing it completely, just totally off rip this mod and make it the multiplayer component.

Eternal Silence ended up persisting vicariously through that AFF mod, which went retail, they really should try to expand this into a full game or hopefully somebody else takes the concept and runs with it.

Here's a vid that shows off cyberspace in a more up to date version of the game
youtube.com/watch?v=EbUZ-KEqSIk

They're making a sequel/reboot of it in UE4, but they still want to keep it free. They're just accepting donations through Patreon.

t. someone who has played neither system shock or quake

That's their decision then but with the right exposure I'm sure people would line right up to buy something like this. Gonna look it up.

It's more like Deus Ex and maybe Prey or GitS.

its just fucking cs

I've played both but ok
Yeah it seems like cyberpunk stuff is getting to be in demand again, but I guess it's just their hobby and maybe they think they wouldn't enjoy it as much if they tried to sell it, or that it wouldn't actually get many players if it wasn't free.

>cs
...Counter-Strike?

>it's cs except for all the stuff that's different
>it's doom

Okay so the core is cs, does that invalidate my multiplayer Deus Ex comparison?

Nah that's a decent comparison if you're just talking about the augs and implants. I'm sure the devs got a bit of inspiration from Deus Ex too.

Also I'd say the core is based more off of Quake than CS due to some of the weapons being similar and the faster bunnyhopping-based movement style.