Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Aerqlr4B3o
youtube.com/watch?v=0IvNpd7834k
youtube.com/watch?v=5nn9Q3aY7Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=zrr-BkLfchU
youtube.com/watch?v=bppIPCJFb44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

w(°o°)w

It looks very clean but I think something like Uncharted 4 looks overall better.

Pirates ruined it. Crytek got immensely butthurt when the number of downloads for a patch was a lot higher than the number of games they sold. That's when they started focusing on consoles instead of reaching new heights on PC.

>looks better than 99% of modern games
Not really.

They didn't realise the same disc could be installed on more than one PC or something?

All UC look waxy and overprocessed AF. Not to mention UC's maps are literally static pipes, whereas Crysis has tons of environmental interaction and physics.

nothing could play it when it came out so it doesn't really matter how good it was "capable" of looking
Plus it sucked

>pistol bullet cutting a tree in half

I appreciate what they were trying to do but what the fuck.

>All UC look waxy
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one that felt this way.
UC4 especially has this really weird look to it, like they wanted to go for a cartoony painting artstyle.

>waxy
A lot of modern games look like that for some reason.

at resolutions common back then I played it med-high on a 9600gt/e5200 and then a 460/q6600 at high-ultra
>Plus it sucked.
t. salty 360 fag. gameplay wise crysis is one of the best modern shooters by and far

so 420p, and probably 20 silky smooth fps

yup, sure looked great

1440x900. 40-60
salty 360 fag :3

>I've never shot a gun before
besides, those are twigs.
An AK could literally saw off a timber with a mag or two.

Low rest textures + poor speculars.

>Kingdom Come Deliverance used Cryengine 3
>managed to look worse than Crysis 1

t. lying on the internet

>2007
>a time where you were hyped for upcoming PC exclusive
>no twitch shit games

I always called it "pastel" looking

No, it couldn't. You are living in a fantasy.

That's a good description.
It works for some games, but man is it overused nowadays.

Or the more fundemental truth, one pirate does not equal one lost sale.

>be in the military
>never shot a gun before.

You must be one of those retards who thinks rifle bullets blow limbs off and not just poke a hole in you.

because normies are retarded and devs make games with shitty graphics then ramp up the post process and normies eat that shit up
youtube.com/watch?v=6Aerqlr4B3o

it's on higher res and all ultra btw
youtube.com/watch?v=0IvNpd7834k

this is the only bench I could find lol. stay salty

youtube.com/watch?v=zrr-BkLfchU
youtube.com/watch?v=bppIPCJFb44
Literally 20 seconds on Youtube.

>this is the only bench I could find lol
only 1440x900 bench*
you're either trolling or just the cook

I'm not that guy, but to say a gun could not cut down a tree with enough bullets is just false.

Here's video evidence.

I can take off more wood more quickly with a machete than they are. What's your point exactly? That one bullet from a pistol isn't enough to cut a tree in half? But I already knew that.

also found this. not identical to my setup but similar

Two guys started saying

>You dumbfuck, you can't cut down TREES with BULLETS, life is not a MOVIE

But their first statement was incorrect.

>single pistol bullet can't take down a tree.
>here watch a rifle with a heavy round take like 30 or more bullets to do it from 15 feet away.

Thanks tips

>What's your point exactly? That one bullet from a pistol isn't enough to cut a tree in half?
No, that an AK could cut a tree in half with a mag or 2, which is what user stated.
And the trees in the videos I posted were much thicker than the trees he's shooting in the webm, though yea, 1 bullet probably wouldn't be enough.

>I can't read
I've noticed.

>that goal post changing
you said ''pistol'' cutting tree in half. not ''1 bullet'' cutting tree in half. maybe the game exaggerates it but a bullet could cut a twig in half and there's nothing you can do to prove us wrong because you are batshit wrong. now suck it up like a man mr. military man

Nobody except in your head said that a single pistol bullet could down a tree.

What was said that:

>A twig could be taken down by a pistol bullet, probably.

>A tree could be taken down with an AK

Many great games came out in 2007. And everything came crashing down the next year.

>I'm literally hallucinating

Yes, I've noticed

I had a 8600 GT and I remember I was putting the game to high settings, except the AA and shadows iirc

>pistol bullet (singular)
>but nobody said one bullet
Wow

>looks good
>plays like shit
makes sense why the industry is still doing it wrong after 10 years

refer to this posthe doesn't say bullet. maybe one bullet like in the game is not enough. but a pistol can definitely cut down a tree, yet alone a twig like in the webm
exactly. the only people claiming it wasn't playable are 360 fags

DESTROY THIS DUDE

This image gets more difficult to look at every year
Life really is that image of that kid falling down the slide isn't it?
>Remember buying a new PC to play Crysis after I bought the game
>Literally 10 years ago

Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Crysis
Bioshock
Ass Creed
Lost Planet
Supreme Commander
STALKER
Orange Box
AC6
Mass Effect

last time we had such a good year

>refer to this post where it doesn't say bullet
>pistol bullet

Again you people are retarded. I never said a 7.62 assault rifle can't cut a tree in half with 30-60 rounds from point blank. I said a pistol ain't gonna do it in one round. Not to mention I could take down a tree with less swings from an axe or machete than those guys are using bullets, you people are dramatically overestimating the energy transfered by a bullet

Jesus Christ
Was 2007 the high water mark of gaming?
I think it might have been the high water mark of my life

>make 2012 game in 2007 that no one can run
>WOW GUYS IT STILL LOOKS ALRIGHT TODAY!!

Human models sucked. They were so much low res. Crysis3 had much better graphic with actualy sane requirements. 1st one was too much unbalanced in graphics.

CRACKDOWN niggah. also burning crusade, stranglehold, civ4 expansion, world in conflict and skate. I feel like 2007 games were the perfect mix between cinematic and gameplay.
still a pistol could take down a twig. end of story

>that no one can run
we already btfo your kind in this thread lad

>Pistol
First off it's clearly some unidentified near future pistol man we don't know what it's capable of
>Tree
Second that's clearly a shitty branch of a thing

Im sure you were able to get 60fps 1080p on Ultra with your gtx 460 11 years ago when my 1070 still cant

>I can take off more wood more quickly with a machete than they are

t. never cut down a tree before

Fucking idiot

checkI had 1440x900 back then
>my 1070 still cant
game scales poorly on modern hardware actually. a 680 could prolly max it out at 1080p

either way you are wrong wrong wrong wrong by still claiming nobody could play it.

nothing could play it on max, but especially for when it came out, it was still by far the most spectacular looking game on mid settings, which basically everyone with a half decent pc could play at 60 fps fluidly.

it wasnt just about the looks either. the physics integration of the game world was top of its class with the second runner up being very far below. I remember watching the first gameplay footage and seeing that entire sheds could be dismembered part by part, and was sure the real game wouldn't have detail like that because it would be impossible to do on a computer. then it actually was exactly like that in the real game. it was insane.

sli systems could play it on max.

depending on the caliber, rifles (since you used those words) are very capable of just blowing off limbs. of course smaller AR stuff will mostly just go through

you just said a few posts earlier it dropped to 40 sooo... :)

could lower details if you were picky

it's because the AAA studios tend to put heavy emphasis on anti-aliasing of all kinds (not just jaggies around the edges, also anti-aliasing of reflections and stuff). this washes out everything but makes the image overall much more smooth. especially with physcially based renderers nowadays, shader aliasing is a huge problem and looks ugly as fuck

I rocked a:
>Q6600 3.6Ghz
>8GB DDR2 800Mhz
>3-Way SLI GTX 285 1GB
>EVGA nForce 780i SLI
>BFG Tech EX-1200w PSU
>Antec 1200 case

I was playing Crysis at all High with some custom settings from Very High at 1920x1200 and was hitting consistent 70-90 fps when the CPU bottleneck wasn't hitting. It was fucking amazing.

Today I play the game at 165hz on a PG279Q with a i7 7700k 4.8Ghz and GTX 1080 Ti with 32GB DDR4 3200 and it mostly runs 100+ fps at all times, very commonly at max refresh rate. With G-Sync though the drops down to even the 80s aren't that bad and only a small handful of spots dipped below that. That fucking VTOL level can suck my asshole though.

>PG279Q
nice

>this guy literally has no clue what he's talking about and thinks he does

You really are an idiot.

you've been wrong this entire thread m8. stop embarrassing yourself further. how did they even allow you in the military? you need to pass a serious psych test here

>youtube.com/watch?v=bppIPCJFb44 [Remove]
>"take that environment"
>"global warm this"

Biggest fault is the poorly threaded code. Some scenes in Crysis can still crush top end CPUs because of this - it was presumed clockspeeds would still scale when Crysis was in development.

Crysis hasn't put that much stress on GPUs for a few years now.

isn't warhead supposed to be better about this?

Yeah. It uses 1 more thread.

warhead is also much more on rails, so for whatever it does to take advantage of more CPU cores, it isn't even as demanding in the first place.

Crysis had a focus on physics instead of just poly count. Modern AAA games look better in pics, but most assets are static, making Crysis look better in motion

not only that but the draw distance was great
ironically though both this and arma games, another series that has grass past 50 meters have trouble with CPU usage

This times a thousand, what a fucking game
Having the best graphics on the market for years topped it off but there simply wasn't another game where you could take out a squad of Korean soldiers in a hut by grabbing an outboard motor and throwing it through the supporting wall, collapsing the building on top of them

I'll be needing an upgrade before i play it then. Oh well