Demons Souls Servers Back Up

IT'S ALIVE!! Umbasa.

Other urls found in this thread:

snake.savemgo.com/
hooktube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ
youtu.be/FSsXmI9x7Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How long will it stay alive? Will it last at least 2-3 days? I want to try it out today/tomorrow.

No clue, but everything I've tested has worked. It's WAY WAY more stable than the atlus servers too. I've never seen so many phantoms.

Do you gotta do anything special to connect?

Is there a link where you got it from (in case you got it somewhere other than Sup Forums')?

>popular areas

Damn, that's useful. From should implement that next time.

Change DNS to 212.71.239.147

I see tons of phantoms, messages work, I'm floored by this. The server actually looks way more stable than atlus's own server. Wasn't able to invade anyone, but that may just be down to being out of level range. Adding in how many people are playing online to the server login message was a nice touch too.

Neat, I wanted to replay through the game but I didn't have a TV until the day the servers went down.

>I didn't have a TV until the day the servers went down.
So are TVs lie, out of style now or what? Do most people just browse Sup Forumson their phones & not have PCs or laptops? Were you in the middle of a move or something?

I moved in with my mother again for about two months, her TV broke so I left her mine. I'd have just used my monitor but the HDMI on my PS3 broke so I have to use composite instead, so I need a TV or I'd have to have bought an adapter.

>Playing Demons Souls in composite
Oh man, those were the days. If you have a wide screen CRT Tube television that does Component or RGB the game actually looks really nice on one of those old setups. Composite though? Jesus, how hard would it be to completer the game when you can't see enemies too far ahead of you.

You should invest in one of those multi-system component cables like the in monoprice sells for the wii/360/playstation. The playstation one works for PS2 and PS3 which is nice.

I meant component, I'm just a dummy. Please forgive me.

Okay, you had me scared user. I've actually used the PS3 over composite and it's so fucking bad.
Hey, it's you. I've seen your picture before and it looks super neato!

Yeah, I had to too when I first got mine, I didn't own an HD TV. I have a bad habit of mixing the two up.

Those aren't properly shielded though. You're going to get a lot of Audio buzzing using a generic cord like that.
Keeping bugs & spiders out of the wood is the hardest part. Diatomaceous earth killed pretty much everything there though, & it's non toxic.

Get rid of that chair and you have a comfy setup. Sitting and looking down is the absolute worst posture imaginable

>tfw want to replay DeS
>pretty much tried every build there is
what do

That TV is from the 80's & it's so heavy there's nothing to prop it up onto. I don't have a single thing that would hold the weight. The alternative would be laying down a huge blanket, but the floor gets pretty cold.

It's easy to mix them up but if you think of what the names mean it's a lot easier to remember. A composite is something made of multiple things, in this case the video signals. Component has multiple components split.
While they may not be shielded I've never had issues with them and I run the audio through my amp. Somehow even in my rats nest of cables this isn't an issue. They're so cheap for what really is three cables that I can't complain.

beanbag chair or moonchair would be lower and mucho comfy compared to that wooden chair

fucking rad, i'm seeing bloodstains and shit again

Holy shit. Thanks.

How many people are on the server?

random select your shit
it said 20 people when i logged in

i am ban on psn for cfw but can i use this to get online and play it?

I'm surprised the pantheon's data is still the same as it was when the official servers went down. I see my co-op ranking was nuked however. Still, this is pretty great.

This is fucking sweet. It's a shame my ps3 died the other day.

managed to get summoned and everything. bretty gud.

>threads about online shutting down
>bump limit reached almost all the time, sticky
>thread about online being back thanks to some dude named ymgve
>it's about to die
wtf Sup Forums

do you need to be on psn for this to work?

he's from reddit and we can't support redditors >:(

how did he do it? how does one create a demon's souls private server?

Why hasn't anybody made an MGS3 online server?

How the fuck do I change my DNS

It's in the network settings within the PS3.

>Why hasn't anybody made an MGS3 online server?

snake.savemgo.com/

Leave it to the community to get shit done.

go to internet connection setting, pick the custom options, pick default shit on everything and when you get to the DNS thing, punch those numbers in.

Thanks love

they already had that in dark souls 2

I've never played Demon Souls before despite having a ps3. If I use this server, will I probably be demolished by experienced players?

They did. In dark souls 3 when warping to bonfires there are icons showing populated places.

WOW, thanks.

Probably not. Invasions are going to be super rare until we get a few hudred people playing. I swear the player count on the server message is wrong though. I keep seeing phantoms in 1-1 & there's SO many messages.

Yeah, why the fuck isn't this stickied?

I have the asian version of the game and it let me connect to this server. Im seeing messages and bloodstains. Would it be possible to co op and invade people with the na and eu versions of the game too?

user...

yeah as i posted earlier, i saw the player count being 20 but there are too many messages and bloodstains for that to be possible. maybe the server is remembering shit from the original server? i really don't know how that shit works. but i did come across a message with over 100 ratings.

its a time of mourning now, user
no time for fun

Bizzare how no one played this game in forever but as soon as it's going to be shut down everyone is back on the bandwagon

ps3 cfw is now easily possible for many ps3s out there, so piracy n shiet is reviving interest.

Where is the fucking sticky, mods?

Do cosplays

you don't know what you have until it is gone

>gay shit gets a sticky
>this thread probably won't reach the bump limit
It's not fair :^)

Because they're fucking hacks who only play Dark Souls. The oly reason Dark Souls even became popular was because of the "This is the hardest game ever made" marketing campaign. Even the name of the first game has "prepare to die" in the title. I'm glad it worked, but things like the Demon God or Scraping Spear invasions would make dark souls players just straight up quit.

hooktube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ

THE NEXT ENEMIE'S WEAKNESS IS (you)

my cfw PS3 will get banned if I connect online, won't it?

Can a custom PS3 even BE banned? I thought you could just change the system I.D. if that happens?

>get summoned into a ng+ world with a ng character with no upgraded weapons yet

Speaking as a diaper baby who only played through the Dark Souls series this is entirely correct. Demons' Souls has been utterly punishing in some places in ways I frankly haven't figured out how to deal with.

On the other hand I'm playing Bloodborne side-by-side with it and it's a cakewalk.

Not sure whether to call DeS unfair or DS/BB casualized.

>Scraping Spear

babbys first griefing, a broken stormruler is the patricians choice for salt mining

HOLY SHIT, IT WORKS

>and it's a cakewalk.
The night is still young. Seek out the fetus chalice.

Also 8 decides which cosplay build I should do

How would that happen? Wouldn't you have to beat the entire game at a really low level?
Demons Souls is more focused. The dungeon level for example is littered with those jailers with the octopus heads. You can't just run past them either since they block the halls. I would say the later games have less of a "go slowly & do everything perfectly" design. It's hard to put into words, but Dmons Souls is more punishing for people who aren't patient.
>The Storm Ruler is a unique sword that does not do very high damage and has an extremely low durability, so it breaks easily. It does, however, have a knockdown effect on all horizontal swings that connect. In pvp, this weapon is often times used as a tool to knockdown opponents for performing a follow-up action (e.g. use recovery items, cast spells).

So you can use it to knock people off the level? That's top tier trolling right there.

Can you connect to this on an emulator? I have a PS3 but I'm just wondering.

>tfw ps3 is at parents' house and can't participate
Have fun, guys.

well it doesnt really state but its not a knockdown
its getting swatted like a fly, you fucking get launched so goddamn far that its practically unfair in 3-2 invasions

>So you can use it to knock people off the level? That's top tier trolling right there.
No, retard. You first use the scrapping spear to break all their shit, then use the storm ruler to toy with them, and finally you stunlock then via headbutts until they quit and/or send you hate mail.
Bonus points if you get them to attack a friendly NPC.

>Server shuts down because hurr durr money
>Some guy throws together a superior version of it in his basement for free
Always makes me wonder what the fuck these companies are doing

yes it knocks people flying, but make sure you break it first so you dont accidentally kill them, some activities include:
>knock someone into a corner
>cast acid cloud
>by the time they get back to their feet and move all their shit is broken

also

>3-2 or 4-2
>basically any hit on the pathways/cliffs are certain death

>How would that happen? Wouldn't you have to beat the entire game at a really low level?
yeah, people do that all the time including myself. it's also a key in being a griefer.

emulator has no PSN support and never will

if you want to invade low level first timers and grief the shit out of them you have to do at least the 3rd and 4th worlds at lvl 10 ish, there's a great weapon right at the start of world 4 though so that helps

>Private Servers are now a thing
>Finished 3-3 already

youtu.be/FSsXmI9x7Jo
Oh god, I just looked this up. Why can't DS3 have things like this? They removed all the fun out of the later game's invasions. If they make Dark Souls remastered have the same retarded "you can only invade people with weapons = to your own" mechanic then I'm not buying it. You don't make a game more fun by nerfing everything, you make it fun by buffing everything else. Splatoon 2 has the same problem, it's just too fucking balanced.
How in the hell this server works better than Atlus's own servers is anyone's guess.

Like, I understand that the amount of people to support is a tiny fraction of the official server, but this is embarrassing in retrospect

you can still be summoned

For about a week they patched dark souls 3 so acid cloud worked, they weren't ready for the salt that was generated by casuals and had to quickly patch it back

Because its videogames

>they weren't ready for the salt that was generated by casuals and had to quickly patch it back
Isn't this the video game board?

Really? Huh, I always thought summons stopped after you beat the bosses but I guess that's just my foggy memory having not really messed with phantoms in my first playthrough 8 years ago.

>as the souls games went on, the pve became harder but the devs went out of their way to protect the precious little crying babies from getting killed by mean those invaders
the only souls online i've ever had fun in was in des and das1.

I will never get over the white hot anger I feel about not being able to infect people with egghead in Dark Souls 1.

Especially now that there is the microscopic chance of it becoming a thing in the remaster (it won't)

>invade someone in DaS1
>kill them whole they're bowing
>feel bad about it
Stop bowing you faggots.

yeah there was fun to be had on DaS,
>dung pies then rolling people to death with armour of thorns in the lower burg
>wotg spam on the rafters
>being the 3rd archer

das general on /vg/ even did events like mass invasions and knightly tournaments, good times.

You can't be invaded or summon phantoms once you beat the boss of an area. But you can always BE summoned or invade others.

So just like the other Dark Souls games? I really fell stupid now, I truly regret retiring from the game after one playthrough, replaying it made me appreciate everything about it more than I already did.

>invade someone in DaS1
>bow to them
>they bow to me
>throw poop at them
>run off into the level to hide around corners and try to land dark hand grabs or Force on cliffs
The later games just never had the same feel online. None of that stuff was even changed really, but the other stuff that was made people act differently.

Is it still restricted by country?

Dont do this you guys it makes mustard g

>Source code published

So RPCS3 will have working Demons souls MP?

My stats are

Vit 13
Int 10
End 18
Str 20
Dex 12
Mag 8
Faith 8
Luck 12

Should I just keep putting points into End and Str or are other stats more useful

It's a role playing game. Why should we tell you how to play?

No you're just literally retarded and bad. DeS is a joke. Nothing punishing expect for getting a HP reduction in Soul form.

This nigga said "can you connect to this on an emulator

end to 40 is the standard for basically any build. str depends on what weapon and upgrade path you want to use.

>plug ps3 back in to give this a go
>works fine
>try ps3 control
>shits dead. won't even work just plugged directly into the console
>mfw