How do we fix the MMORPG genre?

How do we fix the MMORPG genre?

make them single-player

Say no more.

i bet recovering from being nearly paralyzed and having to relearn how to move your hands and feet and maybe walk in a few years is harder than that. i'm not sure though since i've never experienced either

Destroy the whole concept of wikis

stop making them singleplayer

Is this a LOL thread?

yes please

How comes the average MMO player that has hundreds of hours played on Steam is like pic related?

HAS

fallacy of composition

Create dynamic systems that are controlled by the players. The rat-race of trying to keep producing enough content to keep people interested is done with. Kaput. Make the other players and the sandbox element be the defining factor.

I secondeded this one

>hundreds of hours played
Maybe thousands, but not hundreds.

create interesting worlds again, and fun gameplay to go with it. easier said than done though. I can't fucking believe no one was able to dethrone WoW

Is that a fucking FAMAS at the right?

WoW was built on the people's desire to know more about WC1-3-TFT. That's why it worked so well.

By playing EVE

>450 misogynist posts later

Turn them all into battle royals

how small is that dad?

Eve is absolute dogcrap. Each activity in eve has the depth of a dry puddle, even small group pvp which is decided before the fight even starts. Large-group pvp is a joke with infinite time dilation so you just start your guns, go out to eat with the wife, and come back before the guns fire even once. The only exception is trading, which almost follows real-world mechanisms. Someone joining a corps, stealing everything and leaving is literally nothing special, it's just that the game is so shit that people romantically write about these events when they're quickly forgotten and never mentioned in other MMOs.
And worst of all is when people claim the fact the game is p2w is not true because you need lots of money to p2w.

WoW was released by Blizzard which had a really good track record before WoW to build the initial hype and it was also released in a time when every household had a computer and a broadband connection. I don't think that the latter is true anymore (casual internet users just use phones or tablets), so it's more difficult to attract the big casual masses who wouldn't be interested in the genre otherwise.

All the more reason why someone should have been able to dethrone wow by now. None of the niches are being catered to at all. Huge audienceS to capture.

It's already being fixed. All it needed was an influx of autism.

>Each activity in eve has the depth of a dry puddle
What MMORPG has more depth?
>even small group pvp which is decided before the fight even starts.
Completely wong
> Large-group pvp is a joke with infinite time dilation so you just start your guns,
Works fine up to like 500 people
Name one other game that can do that
>p2w
bs

Is that going anywhere yet? I heard they got a bunch of money all of the sudden.

I backed this game, but I fear for how much autism MJ is putting into completely retarded systems such as the AIR spell-creating garbage.

He's an MMO industry veteran, does he not realize that everyone will just copy whatever is FotM?

who makes these

make something like vindictus but open world and not ran by nexon

They got an investor and are aiming for beta soon. I tried the little testing event they did two days ago.
Game honestly still feels very early but they're doing some interesting things, especially the tab target with collision thing and each body part having their own health/armor.

I listened to one of their podcast things where he and a guy that looked like a skinnyfat viking said that the goal is to have people spend countless hours making builds and for the cookie cutter to change constantly as people find new things. I haven't personally gotten to try the spell making though.

EVE: Online, but not ran by jews who timegate everything.

>the argentinian flag

What?

>argentinian flag
Where?
>inb4 you mean the trans flag

ex eve player here. you're 100% right. I sunk 7 years into that game and the last 2 all I did was rip off corps with alts to pay for my gametime. that was fun for a bit but eventually I had to ask myself what the fuck I was doing with my life.

Tera?

>What MMORPG has more depth?
Literally all of them.
>Completely wong
t. never played the game
>Works fine up to like 500 people
t. never played the game
>bs
Obvious paid shill is obvious

Make the story interesting and the world more like a single player game.

I have been playing the game for like 7+ years now
Please be free to post your character and some proof that you actually invested some time into this game

Why do you hate MMOs so much?